April 20, 2014 | 1639 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll72485

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I haven't given it enough of a chance, but I just can't bear using it anymore. The scent just lingers for me and it reminds me of the Chinese herbal stuff my parents used to make me take. Ugh. My skin's not problematic enough to keep using it, but if I ever get oiler or start breaking out, maybe I'll give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never used a toner before I started using this about a year ago. I have repurchased the full size bottle three times because this has improved my acne, and kept my oily skin under control. I apply this once a day after washing my face. I think not washing my face more than once a day has also helped my skin as well, but I'm confident witch hazel has played a major role as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by chsgirl_05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i really liek this toner... its the best I have used so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pixieshimmers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great soothing product that cleans and refreshes without drying the skin, and it has not caused any breakouts. It helps return skin to a normal PH which is supposed to help with acne. I think my skin is softer and smoother since using this. I have not been using my salicylic acid toner since this, and I think my skin is less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mimai

Another vote here for Dickinson's! Can I give it 10 lippies?

I wasn't sure at first because it's 14% alcohol (I think witch hazel has alcohol, you can't avoid it). And I'm not exactly a fan on the smell--reminds me of denatured alcohol and Bunsen burners! x_x

BUT it leaves my face squeaky-clean, yet nice and soft to touch. My forehead's now the same color as the rest of me (it used to be darker; runs in the family) and my cheeks are rosier. That's a HUGE endorsement, because my combo skin is ridiculous: not pimple-prone, but with a very oily T-zone and very dry cheeks. In fact, witch hazel works so well that I don't even bother with cleanser and moisturizer at night anymore. Dickinson's is the only thing I use.

Once in a while (like last night, because I was out of Dickinson's and didn't have time to go to Healthy Options) I use undiluted Bragg's apple cider vinegar on my face. It stings a bit and it smells of every other kind of vinegar there is, you'll get instant results that last. Sheer porcelain!

However, a question: Is it tested on animals? The label doesn't say. Although I got it from a generally animal-friendly store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by miss_megan

Wonderful, non-irritating product. I love that this is natural and noncomplicated. I have not experienced any dryness or flakes since using this. The large bottle lasts a long time and its so cheap. Yeah....it has a weird smell but its non-offensive and fades fast. will buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have gotten great results with this. No tightness, no dryness, no flakes. The smell doesn't bother me, but I think I noticed it when I first started using this and have since gotten used to it. Recently discovered that the product is available in pads (like Stridex) with Aloe in the mix. DS (11 yo) loves this, but I haven't tried this form of it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by tea713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I started using it about 18 months ago with great results, then I ran out about 7 months ago and my SO bought me another toner to replace it. I decided to return to this about a month ago after trying several different kinds of toners and having HORRIBLE results -- breakouts, dry patches, etc. This does wonders for my skin -- my skin looks much healthier, clearer and my face actually feels soft after using this, not dry at all. It's cheap too and the large bottle lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by violetsrblack

Love it! I can't believe how cheap it is. The scent is strong, yes, but I am getting used to it. If you want to know, it smells a lot like whiskey to me. I love that it works just as well as Clinique and for a fraction of the price. I love that it only has two ingredients: alcohol and witch hazel. It's keeping my skin clear (yay!) and that's the important thing.

It's also an excellent hair color remover from your skin when you're home coloring. I used to rely on Clinique for that, too.

Thank you, MUA, for cluing me in on this fabulous product!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Stinks to high heaven. Had to return it because the smell is overwhelming.