Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 11/6/2007 2:43:00 PM

I've been using witch hazel as a toner since high school when I noticed a friend using it after cleansing. I had very bad acne in my teens and the witch hazel toned my skin w/out stripping my skin. It's a natural product which is important to me and you can find it at pretty much any drugstore or Walmart. I've used other toners from various lines and they just irritated my skin or left it with red patches after a couple of days. This product is gentle and efficient. I keep it in the fridge in the summer months and find this very refreshing for cleansing and pick-me-ups! This product is also another staple product that seems to have multiple uses. I even use it on my son when he has a cut or scrape.

on 10/28/2007 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used many toners from various dept. store brands and I must say that this works just as well for my skin than any of the other high end versions. The bottle is large, it has a flip top for easier dispensing. It works well without overdrying my skin. I am very pleased, especially when considering the amount of product you get for the price. The only thing I do not like is the smell of witch hazel. Overall, it is a great product.

on 10/23/2007 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Okay. I use this product but my husband loves it too. It calms his face after he shaves. Great for after eyebrow waxing, threading, or tweezing, it lessens the irritation.

Highly recommended for the uses above.

on 10/19/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I don't think I got through a whole bottle of this stuff. I didn't really see a difference in my skin, but maybe if I used it longer I would have. The smell was unbearable and I couldn't imagine using it every day with that smell. Definately not for me.

on 10/19/2007 2:29:00 AM

i wanted this toner to work because it is as natural as it says...and i figured, nothing bad can happen since it is natural. but no! it gave me one of the worst breakouts on my skin. didn't realized at first that this was the culprit, until i found out that my friend was having the same experience.

i stopped using this and the breakouts on the side of my cheeks (near the temple) was healing.

This is my HG toner. It 's 100% natural which is a great selling point. It also does everything a toner should do. It removes all the impurities on your skin like dirt, makeup residue, and oil. It also leaves your skin completely refreshed and moisturized. No moisturizer necessary afterwards in the summer.
It does have a weird smell but I've gotten used to it. In fact, it's kind of grown on me. And for four dollars for an insanely large bottle, it's such a good deal.
I use this every day and night after cleansing to both provide another cleansing step and to prep my face for lotion. In the midday summer heat, I would swipe this on instead to prevent overwashing my skin and stripping it of moisture..
I also use this before reapplication of mineral makeup.
I am in love with this multifaceted product.

I use witch-hazel from time to time when my skin feels really oily or on humid summer days, either as a refreshing wipe or after cleansing.

I actually quite enjoy the smell, It reminds me of wood smoke.

Personally, I think the Dickinson's brand is the best.

on 9/19/2007 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Did absolutely nothing for my face. Didn't make it worse, didn't make it better. I don't mind the smell. Be aware that it contains lots of alcohol and it will dry your skin.

on 8/30/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im so mad this use to help keep my skin clear and come to find out it was the source of my breakouts so i stop using it and now im using peter thomas roth skincare products and i normally hate products because they break me out but i can attest to it it works with my sensitive/oily/acne prone skin

on 8/26/2007 5:07:00 AM

I think this product is a little overrated. It smelled bad. This product actually is one of the causes of my acne.