Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 10/19/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I don't think I got through a whole bottle of this stuff. I didn't really see a difference in my skin, but maybe if I used it longer I would have. The smell was unbearable and I couldn't imagine using it every day with that smell. Definately not for me.

on 10/19/2007 2:29:00 AM

i wanted this toner to work because it is as natural as it says...and i figured, nothing bad can happen since it is natural. but no! it gave me one of the worst breakouts on my skin. didn't realized at first that this was the culprit, until i found out that my friend was having the same experience.

i stopped using this and the breakouts on the side of my cheeks (near the temple) was healing.

This is my HG toner. It 's 100% natural which is a great selling point. It also does everything a toner should do. It removes all the impurities on your skin like dirt, makeup residue, and oil. It also leaves your skin completely refreshed and moisturized. No moisturizer necessary afterwards in the summer.
It does have a weird smell but I've gotten used to it. In fact, it's kind of grown on me. And for four dollars for an insanely large bottle, it's such a good deal.
I use this every day and night after cleansing to both provide another cleansing step and to prep my face for lotion. In the midday summer heat, I would swipe this on instead to prevent overwashing my skin and stripping it of moisture..
I also use this before reapplication of mineral makeup.
I am in love with this multifaceted product.

I use witch-hazel from time to time when my skin feels really oily or on humid summer days, either as a refreshing wipe or after cleansing.

I actually quite enjoy the smell, It reminds me of wood smoke.

Personally, I think the Dickinson's brand is the best.

on 9/19/2007 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Did absolutely nothing for my face. Didn't make it worse, didn't make it better. I don't mind the smell. Be aware that it contains lots of alcohol and it will dry your skin.

on 8/30/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im so mad this use to help keep my skin clear and come to find out it was the source of my breakouts so i stop using it and now im using peter thomas roth skincare products and i normally hate products because they break me out but i can attest to it it works with my sensitive/oily/acne prone skin

on 8/26/2007 5:07:00 AM

I think this product is a little overrated. It smelled bad. This product actually is one of the causes of my acne.

on 8/23/2007 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i didnt like this. i was really disappointed esp. after reading the good reviews here. this tuff made me break out like crazy. i still have the scars to prove it. im in the process of healing. *sigh* anyways.. it was like $5 and people here said, it was 2? not a good product. i guess ill use it on cuts and wounds, but not my face..

I use this as a toner, and add it to my mask powder to create a face mask.

Smell: Terrible!

Price: very cheap. I bought the generic drugstore brand.

I rub this on my face using a cotton pad. It's good for sensitive skin, but if I want a tingly alcohol clean, I go for Clinique. I'm still looking for an excellent non-drying toner though...

Overall, it's non-irratating, and does a not bad job at removing impurities.

I do theater and I bought this to remove the layers of stage make-up after using a make-up remover towelette first, and this does the job perfectly, without drying. All of the dirt, oily makeup, and sweat gone! I rinse my face with a bit of water afterwards. I'm going to continue using this on my chin to see if it helps longterm- I am prone to clogged pores and breakouts in that area of my face. UPDATE: Not only has this helped with my chin breakouts, it also has kept my face from doing its usual peeling and flaking routine during the winter! I use it after washing my face, and right before applying moisturizer, only at night. It seems to help the moisture sink in, or stay in, or something.

Popular Face Skincare Products