Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

The brand I use, but only because I can have it delivered for free with my prescriptions. I'd prefer a product without alcohol, but this works well enough. Softens my skin, soothes redness, and keeps my skin looking very nice. I am actually so used to the rancid raisin smell that I kind of enjoy it....

This product has been a savior for me!! I have been dealing with comedones, bumpy skin, acne break-outs for about 8 years. I have spent a gazillion dollars on products and trips to the esthetician, but nothing brought about improvement. Six months ago, I got really frustrated and started using just original Noxzema for a cleanser and Witch Hazel for a toner...my skin has cleared up dramatically!!!! I was hesitant to use witch hazel due to the alcohol, but this brand has not had any negative effects. On the bottle it claims that it "cleanses and conditions skin without removing essential moisture." This is definitely true!!!
I do have to say that I started by buying generic brands, such as Hannaford's brand, but it definitely didn't work as well as Dickinson's. I will only buy Dickinson's from now on...
It is a very refreshing toner and, call me strange, but I actually like the smell...which fades away immediately anyway. My skin tone is amazing. I thought that I would never have clear skin, but thanks to the combo of Noxzema and Witch Hazel, I do!!!
I definitely recommend this product...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used witch hazel as a toner for most of my adult life. I use a mild face wash, whichever strikes my fancy that day (Dove soap, Cetaphil, Alpha Hydrox Foaming Wash, or a baby wipe!) and follow it with a cottonball swiping of witch hazel. I am thinking that since this has an acidic ph it balances my skin. It works for me and doesn't dry me out. It does have its own unique scent, which may not appeal to many, but I've smelled it for so long that it has become one of those "scent memories." Even if it were offensive, it dissipates by the time it dries. I am still pretty oily in my T-zone and this refreshes my skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Im an aesthetician, and we use this to promote extractions, this really helps purging out whiteheads, along with BZK pads. I would not use this as a toner, too drying, you should never use any buffered type of alcohol.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I believe this stuff has changed my skin so much! I use a cleanser every night and then use witch hazel as a toner. Any pimple I have, will vanish by the morning. My skin looks clear and feels so much softer. I wear foundation a lot less now, because my skin tone is actually more even and clear than before. Months ago, I would never go without my foundation! It doesn't dry out my skin at all, and I have dry skin to begin with. Also, I notice I don't break out anymore, and i'm still using the same products that use to break me out. I think it's all because of this. I will never stop using this! I'm so glad I decided to try this.. I reccommend it to everybody.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

yes i suppose this makes my skin softer, maybe even clearer, is gentle and removes residue makeup. but this stuff smells horrendous. try to smell it in the drugstore before you buy if at all possible.

EDIT:
ok ok... i give in. i learned to deal with the smell and overall this is a great toner. it's gentle and yet somehow keeps your skin clear. also... cheap. so i increased the rating from 3 to 4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first witch hazel I've ever used and I have to say that I love it. It never dries my skin! And though I have oily skin, my skin also gets dry and sensitive like mad.
The smell is wild for the first few uses...but you do get used to it.
I have acne and that's why I had decided to give the stuff a try. It controls my acne like no other product I've tried has done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've always liked witch hazel. I've been using this as a toner and yes the smell is bad but isn't THAT bad and it doesn't linger. It's so refreshing, love the way it feels on my face and neck. No irritation from the alcohol. All in all, great product. I bought the 16 oz bottle at Walgreen's on sale for $5 but saw the same bottle at Wal-Mart for $2 - which is even better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I went through a couple of bottles of this and was reasonably happy with it as a toner but it does have a very high alcohol content and it smells like it does too. I'm trying to get away from alcohol (in toners hehehehehe) altogether so I won't repurchase this. In Australia this retails for $8 so there are a number of toners on the market that have some additional ingredients that are helpful to the skin...I just don't like any of them!
Witch hazel is good as a toner and I think you could probably buy 100% strength at your health food store instead of this stuff.

Ingredients: Witch Hazel (All Natural), Alcohol (Contains 14%) (and), Witch Hazel Extract

I decided to try this, and it's become my HG toner because it's so gentle on my skin, while other toners were too harsh. I especially like that this is cheap, yet comes in a large bottle.

Popular Face Skincare Products