Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 11/29/2007 6:04:00 PM

My skin loves this. :) Once upon a time it almost cleared my skin up by itself. I can use it all day to freshen up, and there are no cons to it. <3

on 11/27/2007 1:13:00 AM

I don't have pores anymore.
The more you use it the more you're in love with it...
I've been in skin care for years and this is the only toner that makes my face pore-free and keeps it clean and fresh, as well as moisturized.
It only has a 14% alcohol content so its not harsh.
It comes in a large bottle but it really doesn't stop me from taking it everywhere I go.
A must have for any skin care enthusiast's cosmetic case/cabinet.

on 11/23/2007 11:20:00 AM

I have used this on and off for years. I got paranoid at one point cause everyone said you weren't supposed to use anything with alcohol on your face, but I have come to realize this stuff is really wonderful for my face. It's a natural antiinflammatory, it doesn't dry my face out at all. It makes my face feel wonderful and I also think it helps keep breakouts at bay and you can't beat the price. Would and have bought it numerous times.

on 11/15/2007 7:25:00 PM

I love this! I have been having awful problems with my skin lately, hormonal i think I have been trying everything to sort it out but nothing worked. I picked up a bottle of this thinking it won't do any harm and i have only used it for 2 days and already my skin is looking MUCH better, the redness is going, i'm not sure if it will help with the dryness that reappears pretty quickly after i exfoliate, but it looks so much better.
I will buy this again!

I have a very basic morning ritual. I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, put on witch hazel, and then apply tea tree oil. I don't wear make up because I enjoy my sleep and dont want to spend hours getting ready in the morning.

I love this product. I can tell a major difference between when I use it, and when I neglect using it.

The bottle is large, so it will last a long time. It is easy to dispense with the flip top. I don't worry about wasting any when I squirt it on a cotton pad. I even use this product as a first aid product when children visit.

This is easy to find at any store.

Some people on the board are complaining about the smell, but I enjoy it.

on 11/13/2007 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is a must have. I use it everyday as a toner and its very gentle on my skin. Those other name brand toners are way too harsh on my skin and dries it out very quickly. This does not improve my skin, but it simply keeps it nice and clean.

on 11/9/2007 1:07:00 PM

I have been using witch hazel for years (must admit, though, that I now buy any brand that is cheap, especially store brands - they're all the same). It does exactly what I want a toner to do - makes sure my face is thoroughly clean with no irritation or dryness. I use this every night after washing my face, and in the a.m. I just rinse my face with water and follow with witch hazel. It leaves my face feeling fresh, clean and ready for moisturizer.

on 11/9/2007 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am impressed! I bought this a while ago, looking for something natural. I didn't really have too many breakouts till recently, so I started using this again, and have seen significant improvement of my annoying pimples. I tend to get a few pimples here and there, mostly around my jawline/chin (esp. around my period)...the tendency to touch, pick at, and pop those annoying little zits has only worsened the breakouts (I'm still working on that bad habit!). I woke up about 5 days ago to a pretty big pimple on my chin- and I, being used to little zits, didn't really know what to do. I remembered that I have a bottle of Witch Hazel, so I started using that every day for the last few days...nothing, and I mean nothing, has dried my pimples out so quickly. I also noticed that these little, tiny red dots/pimples that were on my jawline, have nearly disappeared, and are no longer red.
I use a bit on a cotton pad, and all the excess dirt, oil, makeup, etc., is ALL swept off. Even after washing my face, I am still amazed at how much extra dirt and oil comes off. My face feels so much cleaner after using this. Best of all, it is not harsh and drying like so many other toners. I'm not sure if this is the best product for sensitive skin...but for my combination skin, it's a dream. For those with combo/oily/acne prone skin, this is for you!

on 11/6/2007 2:43:00 PM

I've been using witch hazel as a toner since high school when I noticed a friend using it after cleansing. I had very bad acne in my teens and the witch hazel toned my skin w/out stripping my skin. It's a natural product which is important to me and you can find it at pretty much any drugstore or Walmart. I've used other toners from various lines and they just irritated my skin or left it with red patches after a couple of days. This product is gentle and efficient. I keep it in the fridge in the summer months and find this very refreshing for cleansing and pick-me-ups! This product is also another staple product that seems to have multiple uses. I even use it on my son when he has a cut or scrape.

on 10/28/2007 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used many toners from various dept. store brands and I must say that this works just as well for my skin than any of the other high end versions. The bottle is large, it has a flip top for easier dispensing. It works well without overdrying my skin. I am very pleased, especially when considering the amount of product you get for the price. The only thing I do not like is the smell of witch hazel. Overall, it is a great product.

Popular Face Skincare Products