Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 7/15/2007 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I first bought this stuff and took a whiff of it, i was shocked! It was rather unpleasant, but after using it for about a week, you get used to it and it's mild. Great, non drying and cheap! The bottle is HUGE and takes time to finish. What I like to do is put it in a spray bottle that mists. It has many uses from cleaning cuts and scrapes to rubbing on an oily scalp instead of shampooing everyday.

on 7/11/2007 4:43:00 PM

The only toner I can use when I feel a blemish coming on. I *thought* I was using witch hazel before and it turned out I was using rubbing alcohol! It burned going on, which I thought was a good thing. But then I decided to try this and it worked even better without the burn. It also cleans the skin without drying at all. After cleansing I go over my problem areas with this and in the morning they're looking good. The smell is not the best, but really not that bad. Sort of mild. Smells like any other witch hazel.

on 7/3/2007 9:48:00 AM

Knowing me, I never repurchase ANYTHING, because I believe in the time I have used up the product, the market would have made a better version of it somewhere else. I bought this toner because I was sick of using something with such a high alcohol concentration, drying out my skin, but not helping with the pimples at all. So someone mentioned this in a blog as an alternative, and I was in my "drug-store-cheaper-version-of-everything" mood, so I grabbed this thinking oh what the hack, 3 bucks. It's a HUGE bottle for such a small price, but worked very well with my skin.
I don't like moisterizing toners, I like to use toner as an extra cleansing process, because I feel that after I wash my face, I still need that little action of cotton pad exfoliation to feel completely clean.
The smell, HORRIBLE! For someone who's sensitive to any kind of strong smell, I stuck to it, thinking how bad could it be, I can get used to anything. Actually, the smell stuck with me and everytime I open that bottle, all I think is CLEAN SKIN, YAY! - you know it's one of those, Coppertone thing, you know the smell, you got used to the smell, and now everytime you smell it you think of summer.
It's not drying at all, just enough so my combination skin doesn't feel tight. But my skin feels sooo clean afterwards. I used to use Proactiv, and it has that same kind of affect.
I'm going to upgrade to the Thayer brand this time and see what the hype is all about with the alcohol free and lavender version.

on 6/17/2007 11:57:00 PM

This stuff has been a lifesaver on my skin. I started using it to remove any excess cleanser/makeup/dirt and it is very effective in doing so. I was having some breakout issues. Since I started using this my breakouts have been fewer and less severe. The smell is horrible, but honestly it smells kind of like cheap tequila. I will definitely contiune to use this!

on 5/23/2007 6:12:00 PM

I'm giving this product NOTHING. I used it for a day and my skin turned into crap. Flakes were EVERYWHERE. I mean, my skin started peeling right in front of me, and how do you think I felt when I saw this? Like crap! Damn. I had to repair it with vitamin e oil, and still, a week later, the effects show. That jolted my skin and gave it a good sting. I will NEVER buy it again. Damn alcohol.

on 4/29/2007 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

You can buy witch hazel for cheaper than this, but it's fine.

I use this every morning to remove the acne cream on my face. It smells bad, but it never burns or irritates my skin at all. It makes my skin feel very refreshed.

Great astringent!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is great! It doesn't irritate my skin at ALL and it takes off any residue left over from soap, makeup, anything. I hate the way it smells--kind of like beef jerky--but the smell goes away the second I shut the bottle, so it's ok! It doesn't linger in the air or on my skin at all, and it dries very quickly. I have acne prone, slightly oily skin and this stuff is fabulous! Also--great price and huge bottle! Can't beat it!

update: I got terrible razor burn this morning and decided to put this on my legs because I figured--why not? Anything to calm the insane irritation I had. Well, it completely worked! It soothed my legs fast and took away the bumps and redness! A second great use for this product! :)

on 4/6/2007 4:38:00 PM

Non-irritating. Simple. Effective. Cheap. I couldn't ask for more! This has improved my irritated, dry/flaky, clogged skin. Love it!!!

on 3/31/2007 2:14:00 AM

LOVE IT! Super cheap, and leaves my skin soft and pretty and oil free. Bottle lasts forever too!

on 3/9/2007 3:37:00 PM

I have been using witch hazel as my toner/astringent for 10 years now. I absolutely love it! My skin has always been clear while using it. I use it in the morning right after I get out of the shower, then add some spf30 lotion before my makeup, and that's it! The only thing that took me a while to get past was the smell, but I got over it pretty quickly, after realizing how well it worked. A makeup salesperson told me a long time ago that her Grandmother used it all her life and had great skin, and this is what sparked me to try it. Grandma had the right idea! My skin is fairly sensitive and gets angry if I mess around with elaborate products; this is simple and wonderful!

Popular Face Skincare Products