Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 10/7/2006 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this because of all the great reviews here on MUA. I experienced the "great lemon scent" as nothing other than that of Pledge--quite synthetic-smelling, and surprisingly so given the all-natural status of the product. I don't feel the cream does as good a job as cuticle oil in moisturizing, and is certainly messier to apply. I thought this was quite "meh"--not bad, but nothing to recommend, either.

I love this cuticle cream, it lasts forever too. I use it everyday and as a result, my nails grow stronger and longer. Keeping your cuticles moisturized is the best way to ensure healthy nails. Also, make sure you spread it from the tip of your nails to that last finger joint because that's where your nails start growing. The best part about this cuticle cream is that it's natural and doesn't contain any harsh/dangerous chemicles.

on 10/5/2006 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have horrible cuticles because I pick at them all the time, but this stuff works wonders! Nice and moisturizing. The only problem I have is with the packaging - I'm afraid the lid will slip off in my purse and I'll get cuticle goo everywhere.

on 10/4/2006 9:14:00 PM

I don't mind the tin packaging at all.. I like it better than Burt's "twist off" lids, anyways.

The lemon butter cuticle cream is certainly on my top 5 list of Burt's products.. I sleep with it on, I have a tin in my purse, a tin at work, a tin at my computer. My cuticles are HORRIBLE without moisturizing.. I pick at them when I'm nervous :(

Oh, and I usually don't like lemony scents, but this one I quite like.

on 9/26/2006 11:23:00 PM

I have been using the Lemon Butter cuticle cream for over 5 years and I love it. It's a high quality product at a really great price. The texture is a little thick. It's almost like gritty Crisco, lol. But it works. I put it on in the evening on my nails and toes. The only thing is that I think they could improve on is to add an applicator so you don't have to stick your finger in the tin. Don't waste your money on any other cuticle creams, this is the one.

on 9/26/2006 11:23:00 PM

This is great. It makes nails look smoother and definitely softens cuticles. I usually put this on at night and push my cuticles back. In the morning my nails are gorgeous.

I like this cuticle cream. (Although I must admit I don't use it as much as I could. I generally just use Smith's rosebud salve. It works great on ragged cuticles!) I like this as an alternative though. I like the lemon scent,but it can smell a little pine-sol ish. It is good on lips too. I love the natural ingredients like sweet almond oil,beeswax,lemon oil, vitamin E,cocoa butter and rosemary extract.

on 9/22/2006 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very nice cuticle cream for a good price. Has a pleasant lemony scent and the tin lasts a long time. The packaging is very convenient and easy to use. The product is very hydrating and works wonders on cuticles.

on 9/19/2006 1:15:00 AM

Wonderful, wonderful! Smells sooooo good, and feels good too. My only problem is that I forget to put it on. It's in my apartment somewhere...

on 9/7/2006 10:35:00 AM

I've never tried a cuticle cream before but I always have really bad cuticles because I have a bad habit of picking or biting at them instead of trimming them neatly. My cuticles look so much better when I use this because it moisturizes the skin around my nails, which results in less hangnails and picking. I loooove the smell too! It's a bit waxy when you put it on, but once absorbed it's really moisturizing. I put this on before bed, and even carry it to work in my purse. The tin form is really convenient and I think 1 tin will last quite a long time because it's very emollient and you don't need a lot. Shame I can't buy this anymore here in Europe since I moved, I'll have to get my parents to send this to me from Canada when I run out! haha
Update: This makes a great lipbalm as well, I use it all the time for that as well and it's soo moisturizing and non-greasy. continued >>