April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw the hype and thought I would see if this compared to my HG, MUFE's HD Foundation. Not even a chance. Stay Fabulous made my skin look dry and chalky, and highlighted every little bump. The closest color wasn't really a good enough match, but then the color oxidized totally orange and made it look like I had makeup caked on my cheeks. I really wanted to like this, because in Canada it's just $15-17 a bottle compared to MUFE, which is $50-$55. I loved that it came in a heavy glass bottle with a pump. But the product itself was so disappointing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

I put this on at 10am and am still wearing it. I used a primer underneath and a clinique matte powder to top it off. So far so good. I am oily and acne prone so I will update this review tonight and give my final thoughts. I have noticed the color changing a little then from when I put it on this morning already but it is still pretty matte.

12 hours later at 10pm:
amazing. still looked matte and almost like I wasnt wearing any makeup. I think I was lucky enough to match myself with such a great shade. I thought the color was dark after it settled but now I think it was just the weird lighting I was in. This is a God send for oily skin people, I will continue to use and update after a week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Wow, Cover Girl. I hate to be the "I've tried all kinds, high end and low, blah blah blah" reviewer, because, most of us have tried a ton of foundations with different results, I'm not special in struggling to find a foundation.

But this foundation is truly amazing, and after a couple weeks' use has basically beat the s'ht out of my HG, married its wife, moved into its apartment, and in general kicked it to the curb. Sorry NYX HD, we just weren't meant to be together forever. I still cheat with Revlon Whipped, but I still have two jars of that and it's a great foundation with a slightly better color match. But it's a 4-star foundation. CG 3-in-1 is a 5-star foundation, and they're coming out with an 800 so that color match problem should be taken care of :) The 805 is slightly too dark, but that will be my summer color after I pick up the 800 when it's finally in stores!

I bought this because of all the rave reviews, and it really was worth it. Give it a try, it might save you a lot of money in the end!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

CoverGirl is convinced theyve outdone themselves. And yes, this is a solid contender in the longwearing foundation arenabut, not so fast. Theyve earned the right to brag about the coverage, because weve got a warhorse here, fighting to secure and defend the title of Drugstore Double Wear. My legendary dark circles went down like Custer and my (admittedly faint) reminders of blemishes past met their Waterloo. But sometimes a warrior can be an overachiever, in that full-coverage formulas will never be my default setting. No matter what brand logo theyve got slapped on them, prestige or high street, they suffocate my pores and generate heat like a portable Venusian cloudcover. So for me personally, this is more of a utility-infielder product : spot reinforcement during my premenstrual breakoutslight concealer on days where I can get away with BB Cream or lessfull foundation when Im aching to do a full-on, go-to-hell LOOK. I cant complain about the shade/ undertone rangewell, I could, just not for my own sakebut my biggest issue is with that recurring archnemesis of all foundation wearers: oxidation. I noticed that, once Id buffed it into my skin, it took on a vague but unmistakable Sunkist (not "kissed" but "kist") overcast. Ive taken to mixing it with a small amount of Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream in shade #1 to counteract that, and so far, so good, but I didnt sign up to Frankenstein my foundations together. The four lippies stand, as this is more of a win-in-process than a step-up-but-fail, and I will recommend it to people questing for an airbrushed complexion on a laymans budget. However, I dont think Im ready for a serious relationship with it. Something about it just brings out the commitment-phobe in me.

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

I love and hate this foundation. Let me start with the positives. I love that the bottle has a pump! I find it works best when applied with my fingers (quickly because it does set somewhat fast). The finish is not dewy but not completely matte either. Maybe semi-matte?? It wears nicely throughout the day & when I remove my makeup at night my face doesn't look like an oil slick (I have super oily skin...think BP oil spill kind of oily). I almost like the finish better than when I first apply it.

Now for the negatives...I hate applying this foundation! I am able to get over it because I like the finish once it has set. I didn't like using a brush or a sponge to apply it so I've been using my fingers. It sets quickly but doesn't blend like I want it to. It could be that I don't have the right shade which is of course not considered a con since it is my error. I find that it also clings to any dry patches (ie post-benzoyl peroxide blemishes) but since my skin is oily that's not a big deal to me. The final con is the deal breaker for me. The foundation
claims to have the coverage of a concealer which is not the case but I don't mind applying my normal concealer where it is needed. However, the concealer property of this foundation combined with an actual concealer is not enough to cover the horrible acne this foundation has caused. This stuff made me break out like crazy! This foundation gives medium coverage which is enough for me on most days but I feel like I need war paint now to cover all of my lovely new breakouts.

Overall, this would be a good option for someone with non-sensitive oily skin who wants a long-wearing medium coverage foundation. If it didn't break me out like none other I would continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by gorkt

This is a decent all purpose make up. I heard the reviews of it but I never have much luck with drugstore foundations. I bought it in the second lightest shade. I really like the finish, semi-matte and natural looking. The only drawback is that it does emphasize dry patches. Since I tend to have combo skin that dries in the winter and is oiler in the summer, this will probably work well then.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kohleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used and its the only foundation I have been wearing lately, despite all my high end foundations. This lasts all day, has great coverage, great colour selection, its very buildable, smooth and creamy consistency, does not make my skin oily or dry or cakey. Love this foundation, and the pump applicator tops it all off. EXCELLENT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

AMAZING Okay I've never even thought of buying any foundation from covergirl cause ive heard nothing but bad reviews. Until this one came out and so many people on youtube were raving about it so i decided to cave in, omg. i used to use revlon colorstay for so long but this stuff is even better. full coverage, lasts pretty much all day, and has such a nice matte yet glowy finish. the only con is it can oxidize the slightest bit but i found my shade-classic ivory and for some reason it doesnt oxidize anymore only the first few days. but overall it is my holy grail foundation :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

The best thing about the product is the packaging, really good for drugstore. That's where the good ends. Price is average for a drugstore foundation, I paid $12 at CVS, which is normal for CA. When I initially applied it, I loved it; it's very thick, but easy to blend, and it settles into a nice powder-like finish. The oxidation really killed it for me though, I literally turned orange. For reference, Revlon CS in Fresh Beige and Rimmel Lasting finish in 200 are perfect matches, I picked up the shade creamy natural in this foundation, and this is the one that turned most orange. Unfortunately the shades above and below didn't work either. I'd recommend trying it, as it might work well for you, but do yourself a favor and save your receipt just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Smurf72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I am liking this foundation. I was using a powder foundation and it just seemed to melt away by the evening and then I really noticed how tired and 40 years old I look. I have really dry skin in the winter and this foundation stays matte and it stays put. I use The Body Shop Intense Vitamin E face lotion first and then this CG outlast foundation with a brush and I don't have to touch up with powder during the day. It also does fine thru a workout but I don't sweat on my face that badly. As others have mentioned I was not in the habit of buying CG products after I tried the CG foundation with the Olay serum in it that Ellen was pushing. It made me a slick nasty oil spill. Yuck. I stayed away from liquid foundation for several years after that. I really wish I could get away with tinted moisturizer or just BB cream but like I said....tired and 40 and occasional breakouts to boot.

I have bought a second bottle of this for my 17 year old daughter. She likes it too.

Edit: It's a little too dry for me in winter so I'm mixing a drop of this and a drop of The Body Shop Moisture Foundation in Shade 05. Perfect for what I need right now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No