July 30, 2014 | 1258 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

When will I learn.

I was waiting for these after all the hype on MUA and even more so Youtube. What a disappointment. I purchased 050 Berry Smoothie and it is a very pretty colour. It is quite bright. When I applied it, it felt gritty. Hmmm that cant be right for a lip butter (the name alone makes me think super moisturization). So I made sure my lips where clean and examined the butter to ensure there was nothing on it tried again and still had the gritty feel. (In fact after many, many uses it still feels gritty on my lips.) Well, the colour, while pretty, does not last but worse even is that before its worn off my lips feel dry. ???

I do not recommend Ive got other lip butters that are soft and moisturizing so I wont bother with this again.

*.-~**`*~-.-Iamsherazade-,.-~**`*~-.*

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Love the packaging. Product itself is so-so. Moisturization isn't as good as the name might imply, but it's nice. These are comparable to Boots No 7 sheer temptation lippies(those are better tbh), Burt's bees' balms, and many more, i'm sure. Ie Definitely not unique, as some of these reviews are saying.
I agree with the reviewer who says it makes her lips look thinner, and the one who said it just lays on top like grease, and the one who said it's the same look you would get if you were to mix lip colour w/Vaseline. i.e. not impressed, but they're not bad. Not my taste, cuz i like things that are more obviously lipstick, but not bad.
I think these would make good gifts. I am DEFINITELY going back to get a couple for my mother.. these are exactly the kinds of lip products she likes. (glossy finish, and pretty colours)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kittylv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture and color choices of the lip butters, it's not super moisturizing, but doesn't dry my lips or makes it peeling. I got most of my makeups from Sephora, this is my first time trying this brand after reading all the good reviews, and I am impressed, good price and great quality!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by desperatehswf26

I know these Lip Butters are either a love them or hate them product. I'm a lover! I have almost all of the shades and I am head over heels for them.

IMO they wear like a MAC Lustre which are my personal favorite lipsticks. I like my lipstick to be a)glossy, b)slightly sheer and c)soft and silky on my lips. I find these to be all three. They aren't terribly long wearing, but I can easily get 3 hours out of them, with the brighter shades lasting longer and leaving a stain effect. And at $7.99 I thought they are a good buy compared to a MAC Lustre which has the same wear for double the price.

Certainly the are no substitution for a lip balm, but I didn't buy them expecting to act like a balm which is why I think I love them so much. I bought them with the expectation that they would moisturize more than the average lipstick and that's exactly what they deliver.

Finally, the packaging is amazing. I love that these can be stored standing up and you can grab the right shade right away. For my NW15ish skin my favorite shades are Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Cotton Candy and Sweet Tart.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What caught my eye was the packaging. Its so fun and I like how the color of the tube matches the actual lipstick- makes it easy for me to pick the color I need out of the bunch. They feel really nice and have good pigmentation (some more than others). They last about 2 hours on my lips. They are unscented. I keep buying these 3-4 at a time. They cost me about $6.50 b/c I buy them on BOGO50%off. I've tried nearly all the colors. I have:

candy apple (bright red) love it
lollipop (bright fushia) like it, a little much for my coloring
berry smoothie (mid-tone berry) one of my favorites, love it!
pink truffle (brownish pink) like it
creme brulee (nude) love it
creamsicle (light peach) love it
gumdrop (v. light purple/pink) nice but not great
sweet tart (true pink) its okay, looks tacky on me
cotton candy (cool pink) like it, reminds me of VG gaga
strawberry shortcake (cute girly pink) like it
red velvet (deeper red, burgundy) like it

Returned: peach parfait (too frosty) and cupcake (soo light, too similar to gumdrop). if I didn't feel like such a jerk doing it I'd probably return sweet tart too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee and Tutti Frutti. I hate Creme Brulee, it's like extremely sheer color-of-concealer nude lipstick on me, and it looks terrible on me. Strawberry Shortcake is an average bubbly pink and Tutti Frutti actually goes on coral for me. I love Tutti Frutti because that.

NOW. CALM DOWN ABOUT THESE, EVERYONE. Jordana, Covergirl, Burt's Bees, and other drugstore brands have lip products EXTREMELY similar if not the same exact idea as Revlon. Revlon is actually late on all of this creamy lip product stuff. Go out and try the Jordana ones if you can't find the Revlon collection yet, I have a couple of them and they're just like the Revlon Ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

First off. Yes, I jumped on the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter bandwagon! I said to myself not to buy it, but I couldn't help myself at a recent trip to CVS. My CVS had a HUGE display of this and two different huge displays. I was in luck, because I have noticed people saying these are hard to find.

THE REVIEW: My first impression was that the packaging is so cute, sleek, and chic. When I purchased them and brought the two that I wanted since it was buy 1 get 1 50% off. I purchased Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy. I opened it and I find the base of the product to be a little hard to control(maybe that is just me). So, anyway, I tested them on my skin as a swatch and they were pigmented like crazy! Definitely more pigmented then I thought. I was actually hoping that these will smell and taste edible, hence the names are foody. And let us thank the makers of Revlon for not making these have that funky smell like Covergirl lip products have.

COLORS: Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy are both shimmery, which I typically do not like, but it doesn't look like I fell in glitter. Strawberry Shortcake is more of a darker pink compared to Cotton Candy which is a really light pink.

I am planning on purchasing more, probably every color. They are one of the best lip products I ever tried from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok i just have to write this review now. Let me first say that these truly are HARD to find at least in my area of the east coast, U.S. I literally went to like 8 drug stores one day to try and find these but no luck. Then I was at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and got lucky. The B, B, & B is about 30 mins away, and I just happened to be xmas shopping there & there they were! I was so excited, plus they were having a BOGO sale, so I bought a bunch. Luckily, I love all the shades I got. Anyway, these are awesome! Moisturizing, pigmented, but they can be sheer, if you desire. They're buildable, so u can achieve that full on look as well. Some of the shades are more sheer than others, and the berries/reds/oranges are much more dramatic. I have Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Creme Brulee, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait, and Pink Truffle. I'm NC35, & I LOVE them all. All those shades suit my skintone well. I dont think they're over hyped at all, they rock. I plan to collect more of them, but I'm gonna wait for another BOGO sale. I certainly have enough for now lol. They were very reasonably priced at B,B,& B at $5.59, plus the BOGO 1/2 off made them quite cheap. They're going for 12$ on ebay tho-ugh! P.S. I just wanted to add to this that other DS brands do have tinted lip balms, yes, that is true, and believe me when I say I have tried them all, LOL> That being said, these are NOT tinted lip balms. NONE of those other products from Burts Bees, CG, Jordana, etc are the same as these! Revlon lip butters are much more pigmented than tinted lip balms, and they are much more like very moisturizing lip sticks, but yet different-they're a lipgloss/lipbalm/lipstick- a lipsti-gl-balm!! There, I've got it, the perfect description haha (sorry I'm an idiot.) I've also been trying these drug store lip products over a decade longer than some other reviewers LOL, so trust me, these are different!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have 8 of these colors already! Thats how in love I am. If you haven't used them yet then you just can't understand how amazing they really are. I have the colors as follows- Lollipop, Gumdrop, Candy Apple, Cupcake, Cotton Candy, Tutti Frutti, Sweet Tart, and Cherry Tart. I have very pale skin and every color looks amazing on me. Truly super pretty and you can either wear them shear or build them up to more opaque colors. A must have if I've ever seen one. New HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, wow. The answer to my lip product prayers! As an 18-year-old, I don't want lip colour that's too bold. In addition, I have very full lips already so bright colours look rather overwhelming for everyday wear, and gloss just looks messy. This is the perfect marriage of the two. Sheer, slightly glossy (but not as much as an actual gloss) colour, plus it's nice and moisturizing! I have these in Peach Parfait (lovely neutral peach) and Berry Smoothie (everyday neutral pink), and I'm definitely going to pick up a few more colours. Love, love, love!!!
EDIT: I have also acquired Cherry Tart (a nice cool, sheer red), and Lollipop (a perfect bright fuchsia, but not too bright). I continue to be impressed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No