September 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by alyssa79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

one of my first reviews after being on here for years but this is one hell of a product.

My lips always seem dry even though I exfoliate and always take care of them (maybe the reason why?). I just grabbed this in Creme Brulee and Maybelline's Baby Soft Lips (amongst a few more..just not worth mentioning). There is no comparison. Revlon's actually sinks into your lips and moisturizes...and keeps on moisturizing. The other is an oily greasy mess that sits on top of your lips and never sinks in (except for staining them). I've bought high and low end and I'm 100% sticking with this. Two big thumbs up from me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I like this.
I bought two, as it was a BOGO offer: Sweet Tart and Candy Apple.
I've been using Sweet Tart mostly, as Candy Apple is not exactly my shade.
Sweet Tart is a very pigmented medium pink on me, with a very slight tinge of mauve. On me, it looks almost identical to YSL Opera Pink, just more moisturizing and with a better staying power!
It is not drying at all, but I always wear a gloss over it, to prolong the staying power, add extra moisture and boost the color.
This way, I only have to reapply every 3-4 hours.
I will not buy more only because I have too many lipsticks to begin with, but I do think these are very good products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by KristaniA

I have quite a few of these babies and here's how they rank in my book:

1. Pink Truffle (favorite!)
2. Sugar Plum
3. Raspberry Pie
4. Berry Smoothie
5. Red Velvet
6. Candy Apple
7. Peach Parfait (worst!)

I already reviewed these individually on Makeup Alley, so this is just a quick summary :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by monimop

I absolutely love these lipsticks. My definitely HG.. and I am a lipstick fein. I'm pretty lazy about reviewing products but I just had to give a shout out to these awesome lipsticks. I will make any excuse to buy more colors but I have two caveats - price and quality. Duh, right? But you wouldn't believe how many products have one but lack the other. I usually jump around with drugstore brands and test out different things and only have a few "staple" lipstick colors (Mac in Dubbonet) However, these have completely hijacked my attention because they are absolutely fabulous!

I have naturally dry everything so I usually go between two ways - straight up Blistex for moisture and avoid anything drying (lipsticks) for awhile or completely sacrifice moisture for pigment and duration of wear... but these lipsticks have a perfect balance. Don't get me wrong - they aren't going to replace my blister and they fade but they're way way way more moisturizing than any other real pigmented lipstick AND it still lasts around 2-3 hours before I'm left with not much more than a stain on my lipsticks. However, they aren't completely stripped off my lips and leave me looking dead either. Again, a happy balance. In terms of pigmentation, I think they're GREAT. There's a slight glossy sheen to them so it's definitely not matte in my experience, but not too slick or glossy either. It does feel a little tacky but what lipstick doesn't feel at least a little tacky (and doesn't wipe off in 2 minutes)?

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. I like the actual tube and the shape of the lipstick but I think the overall packaging is very bulky. If it was slimmer and sleek, I'd prefer that.

I'm not sure what my coloration is but if I had to guess, I'd say NC35?

Lollipop - pink-fushchia pink. One of my favorites
Red velvet - a pretty good match to my Mac Dubonette. Mac is more matte, this one has that glossy sheen. Definitely more moisturizing and comfortable than Mac though.
Peach Parfait - nice sheer but somewhat shimmery. I think it's pretty and more for a cute, natural look.
Sugar Plum - absolutely love it. Reminds me of Clinique Allmost Lipstick Black Honey (Used to be part of my HG! I think that's the name) but looks more natural and very buildable.
Sweet Tart - bright pink. I could do without it since I already have Wet n Wild 511B (uh, again, I think that's the number) which I'm fine with.
Berry Smoothie - I'm not a huge Mauvey person but I like this. It's like a berry color with some purple/pink undertones. Not overwhelming but still very pigmented.
Strawberry Shortcake - I steer away from barbie cool-toned pinks but this one is a nice baby pink that doesn't look too... Nicki Minaj on me. It's a lot more subtle than I anticipated which is exactly what I prefer.
Creme Brle - I tested it out but wasn't for me. I'm not into nudes but I can imagine if you are, this would be worth checking out.
Raspberry Pie - I love raspberry colors. This was no different. I haven't worn it out yet but I'd imagine it'd leave a very pretty stain too.

OVERALL: I absolutely love these lipsticks - they ARE my holy grail go-to lipstick products. Sure, if you're going to compare them to high-end products like Dior and Chanel, they may not blow you out of the water. But if you want to experiment, play with colors, or just be reasonable with your money - these are definite winners.

Also, I got most of them for BOGO half off plus an additional dollar off coupon for each. I probably wouldn't pay full price for all of them just because.. that's kind of crazy haha. But I'd definitely shell out the money for my favorites (Sugar Plum, Peach parfait, Red Velvet, Lollipop)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have this in creme brle, and I definitely will try to get as many other colors as I can! It's a perfect everyday lip product, especially during the winter months because it's so hydrating. I love swiping this on for an instant lip look without having to bother with things like lip liner or gloss. These are amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like these. Are they anything exceptional or unusual? No. Do I want to pay full price for them? No. But I found them to be creamy and slightly moisturizing with just the right pigmentation to add something to a look, but not detract from the whole face.

I got Candy Apple, and after one use, the tube refused to twist up again. I haven't seen any other complaints about that here, so hopefully it's safe to assume mine was fluke. I found Candy Apple to be a bit too orange for me, which I was afraid of, but that Walgreens was out of Red Velvet. I exchanged it at a different Walgreens for Red Velvet, and I do prefer the deeper red. I like to wear Nars Matte Velvet in Cruella and touch it up with the Red Velvet butter as the night goes on.

The next color I'm interested in is Pink Truffle; I'm hoping it is akin to Palladio tinted lip balm in Bronzed Pink with less shimmer. I'll wait for the stores to restock and a BOGO sale, though.

I'll definitely repurchase Red Velvet if I haven't moved on to the next greatest thing before they discon it. Which they will, just like everything that works for me it seems.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

When will I learn.

I was waiting for these after all the hype on MUA and even more so Youtube. What a disappointment. I purchased 050 Berry Smoothie and it is a very pretty colour. It is quite bright. When I applied it, it felt gritty. Hmmm that cant be right for a lip butter (the name alone makes me think super moisturization). So I made sure my lips where clean and examined the butter to ensure there was nothing on it tried again and still had the gritty feel. (In fact after many, many uses it still feels gritty on my lips.) Well, the colour, while pretty, does not last but worse even is that before its worn off my lips feel dry. ???

I do not recommend Ive got other lip butters that are soft and moisturizing so I wont bother with this again.

*.-~**`*~-.-Iamsherazade-,.-~**`*~-.*

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Love the packaging. Product itself is so-so. Moisturization isn't as good as the name might imply, but it's nice. These are comparable to Boots No 7 sheer temptation lippies(those are better tbh), Burt's bees' balms, and many more, i'm sure. Ie Definitely not unique, as some of these reviews are saying.
I agree with the reviewer who says it makes her lips look thinner, and the one who said it just lays on top like grease, and the one who said it's the same look you would get if you were to mix lip colour w/Vaseline. i.e. not impressed, but they're not bad. Not my taste, cuz i like things that are more obviously lipstick, but not bad.
I think these would make good gifts. I am DEFINITELY going back to get a couple for my mother.. these are exactly the kinds of lip products she likes. (glossy finish, and pretty colours)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kittylv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture and color choices of the lip butters, it's not super moisturizing, but doesn't dry my lips or makes it peeling. I got most of my makeups from Sephora, this is my first time trying this brand after reading all the good reviews, and I am impressed, good price and great quality!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by desperatehswf26

I know these Lip Butters are either a love them or hate them product. I'm a lover! I have almost all of the shades and I am head over heels for them.

IMO they wear like a MAC Lustre which are my personal favorite lipsticks. I like my lipstick to be a)glossy, b)slightly sheer and c)soft and silky on my lips. I find these to be all three. They aren't terribly long wearing, but I can easily get 3 hours out of them, with the brighter shades lasting longer and leaving a stain effect. And at $7.99 I thought they are a good buy compared to a MAC Lustre which has the same wear for double the price.

Certainly the are no substitution for a lip balm, but I didn't buy them expecting to act like a balm which is why I think I love them so much. I bought them with the expectation that they would moisturize more than the average lipstick and that's exactly what they deliver.

Finally, the packaging is amazing. I love that these can be stored standing up and you can grab the right shade right away. For my NW15ish skin my favorite shades are Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Cotton Candy and Sweet Tart.