October 22, 2014 | 1007 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

These are pretty expensive for what they are. It's a tinted lip balm. Yes I love tinted lip balms because they don't cause my pigmented lips to look ghostly. But this is expensive and doesn't moisturize as well lip balms. It's more like a sheer lipstick that looks like a balm. In sun light it makes the lips look almost wet. Awesome effect but not worth ~$7USD. I have bought the Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers for years and those are a little under $2 for one. A lot more worth it and it moisturizes. I might try the L'oreal ones instead.
1/29/12 update: The first review was off of shade 050 (Berry smoothie) and I just recently bought 065 (Creamsicle). Odd fact is that these are two different textures. I'm raising my 2 to a 3 cause I could see how people could like these. I don't know if I got a bad batch with 050 but it had glitter in it and was very drying on my lips. Now 065 is a different story. It's more of a lip butter and is a lot more moisturizing than 050. I don't know why brands do this with their products. I wish this was more consistent. Overall though this is still expensive at $7USD for a lip product that does not last all day. If it moisturized & lasted all day I'd pay the money for it. Over all there is a hype behind this as they aren't the greatest thing. I do like how 065 feels on my lips though vs 050. I probably won't buy more of these but I am keeping the container to melt my other lip balms into this (they're classy looking). Also you get very little for what you pay for. The Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers you get 4g in it while with the lip butters you only get 2.55g.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by earthgirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I was in California visiting my parents, I picked up a couple of these as they aren't available in the UK. It's winter here and freezing, so all I want to do is reach for my lip balm. Revlon's Lip Butter takes the place of my lip balm while adding a lovely colour to perk up my face. And the colour stays on better than my lip balm! I seriously recommend this inexpensive alternative to combining much lip balm and drying lipstick that won't stay.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good product overall. packaging is cute and the top is clear so you can see the color inside. My lip butter broke easily after the third time applying it. Has a light sweet scent. Moisturizing. The texture of a balm, the pigmentation of a lipstick and the shine of a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Are the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters really worth all of the hype that they are getting through YouTube? I'm not so sure. Is it a great lipstick? Yes it is!

They are a nice creamy formula that I absolutely love, and it kind of reminds me of Benefit's Silky Finish Lipsticks, which are my all time favorite. The only thing that isn't quite up to par to its Benefit counterpart is the Revlon does not last quite as long. Because of that I can imagine that I will probably go through these lippies quite quickly, so in the end it actually might be more cost efficient to get the higher end lipstick that you need less of.

The colors, out of the four that I have are fantastic. They are quite pigmented and have a great color range. Although I have to admit it is extremely hard to find in stores, and could only be found in one Target out of 4 and they shelves were bare at 3 CVS.

So I'm pretty sure all of those empty shelves are testament to how great this product is. The only reason I am giving this 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I've found something better. But in the drugstore range, this is the absolute best that I have tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for Brown Sugar. Very smooth, moisturizing, some sparkle in it but not overbearing. Wears like a dream - feels like "buttah" on my lips. And yes - even after it wore off - my lips still felt soft. My only gripe is that it comes in a full-sized lipstick tube but only 1/2 of the tube is full. Very deceiving. Decently priced though. This is the same quality as Clinique Lip Butters but cheaper. I want to try other colors eventually also. Try them - you won't be dissapointed. Good job Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a nice, non threatening red lip color that is still pigmented. Originally, I was looking at Lancome's Le French Touch Absolu, wondering if it was worth shelling out $35. I was watching a video on youtube on frmheadtotoe's review of a new Revlon lip product, and she compared the cherry tart lip butter to the Lancome lipstick, and actually liked the Revlon one better. So, I decided to pick it up at CVS, they had BOGO going on, so I picked up cotton candy along with cherry tart. And.....I love them! They are pigmented, and moisturizing. My favorite lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by alyssa79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

one of my first reviews after being on here for years but this is one hell of a product.

My lips always seem dry even though I exfoliate and always take care of them (maybe the reason why?). I just grabbed this in Creme Brulee and Maybelline's Baby Soft Lips (amongst a few more..just not worth mentioning). There is no comparison. Revlon's actually sinks into your lips and moisturizes...and keeps on moisturizing. The other is an oily greasy mess that sits on top of your lips and never sinks in (except for staining them). I've bought high and low end and I'm 100% sticking with this. Two big thumbs up from me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I like this.
I bought two, as it was a BOGO offer: Sweet Tart and Candy Apple.
I've been using Sweet Tart mostly, as Candy Apple is not exactly my shade.
Sweet Tart is a very pigmented medium pink on me, with a very slight tinge of mauve. On me, it looks almost identical to YSL Opera Pink, just more moisturizing and with a better staying power!
It is not drying at all, but I always wear a gloss over it, to prolong the staying power, add extra moisture and boost the color.
This way, I only have to reapply every 3-4 hours.
I will not buy more only because I have too many lipsticks to begin with, but I do think these are very good products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by KristaniA

I have quite a few of these babies and here's how they rank in my book:

1. Pink Truffle (favorite!)
2. Sugar Plum
3. Raspberry Pie
4. Berry Smoothie
5. Red Velvet
6. Candy Apple
7. Peach Parfait (worst!)

I already reviewed these individually on Makeup Alley, so this is just a quick summary :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by monimop

I absolutely love these lipsticks. My definitely HG.. and I am a lipstick fein. I'm pretty lazy about reviewing products but I just had to give a shout out to these awesome lipsticks. I will make any excuse to buy more colors but I have two caveats - price and quality. Duh, right? But you wouldn't believe how many products have one but lack the other. I usually jump around with drugstore brands and test out different things and only have a few "staple" lipstick colors (Mac in Dubbonet) However, these have completely hijacked my attention because they are absolutely fabulous!

I have naturally dry everything so I usually go between two ways - straight up Blistex for moisture and avoid anything drying (lipsticks) for awhile or completely sacrifice moisture for pigment and duration of wear... but these lipsticks have a perfect balance. Don't get me wrong - they aren't going to replace my blister and they fade but they're way way way more moisturizing than any other real pigmented lipstick AND it still lasts around 2-3 hours before I'm left with not much more than a stain on my lipsticks. However, they aren't completely stripped off my lips and leave me looking dead either. Again, a happy balance. In terms of pigmentation, I think they're GREAT. There's a slight glossy sheen to them so it's definitely not matte in my experience, but not too slick or glossy either. It does feel a little tacky but what lipstick doesn't feel at least a little tacky (and doesn't wipe off in 2 minutes)?

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. I like the actual tube and the shape of the lipstick but I think the overall packaging is very bulky. If it was slimmer and sleek, I'd prefer that.

I'm not sure what my coloration is but if I had to guess, I'd say NC35?

Lollipop - pink-fushchia pink. One of my favorites
Red velvet - a pretty good match to my Mac Dubonette. Mac is more matte, this one has that glossy sheen. Definitely more moisturizing and comfortable than Mac though.
Peach Parfait - nice sheer but somewhat shimmery. I think it's pretty and more for a cute, natural look.
Sugar Plum - absolutely love it. Reminds me of Clinique Allmost Lipstick Black Honey (Used to be part of my HG! I think that's the name) but looks more natural and very buildable.
Sweet Tart - bright pink. I could do without it since I already have Wet n Wild 511B (uh, again, I think that's the number) which I'm fine with.
Berry Smoothie - I'm not a huge Mauvey person but I like this. It's like a berry color with some purple/pink undertones. Not overwhelming but still very pigmented.
Strawberry Shortcake - I steer away from barbie cool-toned pinks but this one is a nice baby pink that doesn't look too... Nicki Minaj on me. It's a lot more subtle than I anticipated which is exactly what I prefer.
Creme Brle - I tested it out but wasn't for me. I'm not into nudes but I can imagine if you are, this would be worth checking out.
Raspberry Pie - I love raspberry colors. This was no different. I haven't worn it out yet but I'd imagine it'd leave a very pretty stain too.

OVERALL: I absolutely love these lipsticks - they ARE my holy grail go-to lipstick products. Sure, if you're going to compare them to high-end products like Dior and Chanel, they may not blow you out of the water. But if you want to experiment, play with colors, or just be reasonable with your money - these are definite winners.

Also, I got most of them for BOGO half off plus an additional dollar off coupon for each. I probably wouldn't pay full price for all of them just because.. that's kind of crazy haha. But I'd definitely shell out the money for my favorites (Sugar Plum, Peach parfait, Red Velvet, Lollipop)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No