July 25, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty freakin' amazing. I was using The Falsies, which is also amazing but required some time and patience to apply. I picked up One by One because I wanted to try out the brush, and I love both the brush and the mascara!

The brush really does grab every lash, and the stiff plastic bristles separate so there is no clumping, even when I'm slapping it on in a hurry. I really wasn't expecting how much length the formula gives, at least as much - if not more than - I get from Falsies.

I had to knock off a point because the formula does start to smudge on me by the end of the day, and even though I didn't get the waterproof version it's still hard to get off completely. Unless I scrub with eye makeup remover, there will still be mascara residue smudged under my eyes in the morning.

I'll definitely buy this again, as it's pretty idiot-proof and easy to use in the mornings, and works well for an everyday look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shade: Blackest Black (not wp)
Price: $7.97

So I really wanted to try this after I ran out of my Falsies because I've heard that this one is even better. The first thing that I noticed when I opened the tube was the *very* strong smell...it honestly almost smells like beer. And the smell does not go away. I could still smell it when I was removing my eye makeup before bed. The brush isn't the greatest, especially if you have smaller eyes. I love that it's big, but I don't like that it's a weird tapered oval shape (it makes it really hard to get lashes that aren't directly in the middle) or the tiny, tiny plastic bristles. Other than that, however, I think this mascara is pretty nice.

EDIT: originally gave this a 4. Stopped using it for a while and my tube dried out, so I bought another one. The smell is still awful and the brush still sucks. And now I'm realizing that I really don't like this at all. First coat was nice, but the second got very clumpy and spidery, and every few minutes I find myself brushing off mascara flakes underneath my eyes. Not worth it. The Falsies is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkAyame

I needed a new mascara to replace the one I bought from Sephora called d.j.v beautenizer - ugh this product was such a disappointment. But One by One with a quarter of the price I am absolutely loving. It's been some time since I've found a mascara I'm actually ecstatic about. It lengthens and lengthens which is what I need/want. Volume wise, you won't get much at all, but that's ok for me. It also comes off quite easily at the end of the day with soap/water. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I just bought this in Blackest Black 265 in w/p. When I put the first coat one it was BAM! -- instant length. Second coat gave me some volume but not a whole lot. None of the Volum' Express do cept for Turbo Boost. But I can put like 5 coats on and it this doesn't clump AT ALL.
The formula has just the right consistency for me. It dries fairly quickly. I don't notice any smell... it just smells like mascara. It maybe has hints of some floral-type fragrance. And it comes off easily w/ remover.
Anyway I like this btr than Falsies in Black Drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is like a dry mascara version of Maybelline's Full N' Soft. So if you like Full N' Soft, but not the wet formula, maybe you should try this. I gave it a 2 on packaging because the brush is shaped like an oval and it's really difficult to apply evenly. Nice for a natural look, but I'd sooner wear something else. It's just meh to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

IMO this is the amped up version of Maybellines Full 'N Soft. It lengthens, thickens, defines and isn't crunchy/sticky. I really like it, but I also am a big fan of Full 'N Soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this mascara has the potential to be better w/ the cute brush and coral tube.It does separate the lashes,but using several coats of mascara made my lashes look like I'm in drag.

I'm just going to stick w/ my roster of telescopic,the falsies,and voluminous million lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

Nice everyday mascara, good definition but lacks volume/length qualities. Its excellent for getting the inner lashes without smudging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by luvnewstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this for a month now and I really like it. I was so heartbroken that Max Factor left the U.S. as Volume Couture was my HG of everyday mascaras. Hated Falsies, came to hate Loreal Extra Volume Collagen due to falking. This is a good everyday mascara. Does provide some length but I think it gives me more volume. Does not leave me with crunchy lashes either. No problems with clumping or flaking. As this price point I am very pleased and will repurchase at least until they mess it up with a new formulation.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by krupz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was one of the firsts to get this mascara. I wanted it the second I found out there would be a new volum' express.

I got mine in waterproof. I LOVE IT! It's not at all volumizing with one coat alone, but the thing is, you can layer up this mascara like CRAZY without any clumps. This is legit the only mascara I have ever used that doesn't clump at all. I'm not sure how much it lengthens because I don't really look for that since mine are naturally long.
definition: 5
non-clumping: 5
volumizing: 2; after two or more coats, 4.5
lengthening: idk
black-ness: 5

how I use it: 1 coat of this + 1 coat of falsies
my result: BAM, in your face lashes, that are perfectly defined and gorgeous