November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by keeshondowner

I love this mascara! I was previously using and loving CG Lash Blast in the orange tube, but wanted to give this a shot. I like it even better! The only thing is that it is very wet, but I like my mascara wet. So if you don't, you might not like this.

UPDATE: I changed my mind about this macara. It applies nicely WHILE STILL WET. Once dry, if you try to add more, it gets pretty clumpy. But my biggest complaint is that this mascara flakes pretty badly. Back to Lashblast I go!

Note to self...must not review products until used more than once! LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

This mascara is great! I use a few different Maybelline mascaras; Colossal for the awesome volume, and Define A Lash when I want long, seperated, sharp eyelashes.
I was in love with Colossal for it's drama, but I couldn't deal with the clumpiness. It was good for a week or two then got clumpier and clumpier. Prematurely buying more Colossals was irritating.
I was getting some more Define A Lash at Walgreens when the makeup clerk told me they were having a One by One sale which is said to be very comparable to Colossal in volume. That caught my attention for sure!
The brush is so-so... It's great at gripping and coating your mid-lashes, as far as the outer corner goes, it takes some different angles. It's a pretty creamy formula that evenly coats each lash and kind of seperates them like Define A Lash but also lenghtens and volumizes.

I love it. It's easier to work with and offers a thick, LUSH set of lashes. It also washes off very easily.
As far as the smell, I don't mind it... Smells like a stinky petunia. Can get clumpy, but easily avoidable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by beeeky9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara! I had been using the Colossal one for a long time and i loved that too, but, i decided to try this one..its amazing! Its cheap and it works wonderfully! It lengthens very nicely and gives nice volume without clumping, and it comes off super easy with water!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MsTish89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this after reading all the good reviews here but unfortunately it just wasn't for me. The packaging was fine and you can't be the price. It just didn't wow me. It definitely didn't build on my lashes the way I prefer. It left my lashes very fine and separated but I almost couldn't see them that's how fine they were. Trying to build them up left them spidery. Definitely prefer cover girl lash blast volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

Love this! All the great things people have been saying are definitely true. I was amazed by this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty freakin' amazing. I was using The Falsies, which is also amazing but required some time and patience to apply. I picked up One by One because I wanted to try out the brush, and I love both the brush and the mascara!

The brush really does grab every lash, and the stiff plastic bristles separate so there is no clumping, even when I'm slapping it on in a hurry. I really wasn't expecting how much length the formula gives, at least as much - if not more than - I get from Falsies.

I had to knock off a point because the formula does start to smudge on me by the end of the day, and even though I didn't get the waterproof version it's still hard to get off completely. Unless I scrub with eye makeup remover, there will still be mascara residue smudged under my eyes in the morning.

I'll definitely buy this again, as it's pretty idiot-proof and easy to use in the mornings, and works well for an everyday look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shade: Blackest Black (not wp)
Price: $7.97

So I really wanted to try this after I ran out of my Falsies because I've heard that this one is even better. The first thing that I noticed when I opened the tube was the *very* strong smell...it honestly almost smells like beer. And the smell does not go away. I could still smell it when I was removing my eye makeup before bed. The brush isn't the greatest, especially if you have smaller eyes. I love that it's big, but I don't like that it's a weird tapered oval shape (it makes it really hard to get lashes that aren't directly in the middle) or the tiny, tiny plastic bristles. Other than that, however, I think this mascara is pretty nice.

EDIT: originally gave this a 4. Stopped using it for a while and my tube dried out, so I bought another one. The smell is still awful and the brush still sucks. And now I'm realizing that I really don't like this at all. First coat was nice, but the second got very clumpy and spidery, and every few minutes I find myself brushing off mascara flakes underneath my eyes. Not worth it. The Falsies is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkAyame

I needed a new mascara to replace the one I bought from Sephora called d.j.v beautenizer - ugh this product was such a disappointment. But One by One with a quarter of the price I am absolutely loving. It's been some time since I've found a mascara I'm actually ecstatic about. It lengthens and lengthens which is what I need/want. Volume wise, you won't get much at all, but that's ok for me. It also comes off quite easily at the end of the day with soap/water. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I just bought this in Blackest Black 265 in w/p. When I put the first coat one it was BAM! -- instant length. Second coat gave me some volume but not a whole lot. None of the Volum' Express do cept for Turbo Boost. But I can put like 5 coats on and it this doesn't clump AT ALL.
The formula has just the right consistency for me. It dries fairly quickly. I don't notice any smell... it just smells like mascara. It maybe has hints of some floral-type fragrance. And it comes off easily w/ remover.
Anyway I like this btr than Falsies in Black Drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is like a dry mascara version of Maybelline's Full N' Soft. So if you like Full N' Soft, but not the wet formula, maybe you should try this. I gave it a 2 on packaging because the brush is shaped like an oval and it's really difficult to apply evenly. Nice for a natural look, but I'd sooner wear something else. It's just meh to me.