April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

After trying (and hating!) the Falsies, I was a bit hesitant to try out Maybelline's newest mascara. But, one of my fav YouTube gurus recommended it, and she usually has pretty similar makeup tastes as I do, so I decided I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, because much to my surprise, I quite like it! I have the regular (non-waterproof) version, and it does what I like a mascara to do. It gives my lashes a bit more length, definition, and volume. I have to say that this mascara really excels at holding a curl, which is awesome. After I curl my lashes and apply this, the curl doesn't drop at all! I don't really like the brush, but I don't hate it either. It's one of those rubber brushes with a lot of spines on it, which are usually pretty good at grabbing every lash. It does feel flimsy and bendy, but hey, it gets the job done. I've worn it for several long days in a row, and it has held up nice every time. I only experienced minimal flaking, which given how much I like the other qualities of the mascara I think I can overlook. I'll definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Usually I can stick it out with POS mascaras, but this one is going in the trash. Flakes, flakes, flakes. Disgusting.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by WeScarYourMind

I figured I would give this mascara a try because it was a new product and I was in need of a new one. At first, I loved the mascara although it was a bit liquidy. After having it for about a month, all it does is put black chunks on my eyelashes rather than accentuating them. A bit disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by laceydyan

This mascara is mediocre at best. The wand is flimsy as are the bristles. I felt like the formula was too wet, yet somehow I ended up with spiderlashes after trying to build this up with 3 coats. I thought it would be similar to Loreal Volume Million Lashes becuase the brushes look similar, but they are nothing alike. Bake to Loreal I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Midnightqueen1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had his mascara for about two weeks now, and I love it...
PACKAGING= I love the packaging because the brush is seperate from the actual pot of mascara, and I like this because you get to see what the brush is like before you buy it, which is great because with some mascaras you don't have a clue what the brush is going to be like.... I also like the colour of the packaging, (I know that doesn't really matter, but It's just a little bonus!)
ACTUAL PRODUCT: The pigmentation of the mascara is very black, and it holds a curl really well. The brush is fairly large, and the bristles are very seperated so it really does get your lashes "one by one"! This mascara works very well as day time mascara, as it gives you volume and length, without being clumpy. However this mascara is very buildable so you could easily increase the amount of coats you put on, and adapt this mascara for a night time look. Another bonus is, some mascaras can have a strong smell, but the smell of this mascara is very subtle, and barely noticable. The length and volume does last all day which is brilliant, and at the end of the day my lashes look the same as they did in the morning.
OTHER INFORMATION: I think the price is very reasonable for the quality of this mascara, and I would like to say again how much I like the packaging, this is definitely going to be my "go to" mascara for a long time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using The Falsies, waterproof version for about 6 months now and I saw this new mascara and thought 'it might be the old Volum' Express formulation, but re-branded and re-packaged' so I thought I'd treat myself. I don't think it is though - hard to tell as the brush isn't the traditional "bristle" style, it's one of those soft plastic spikes applicators. I quite like using them as I can really control these wands, whereas with the bristles it's a bit more hit and miss. I was really surprised to see reviewers saying it's clumpy - I don't find it clumpy whatsoever, due to the brush it feels like you're brushing clumps out as soon as you get them in. It weighs my lashes down slightly despite use of my Shu's first. No flakies, and I'll see how it washes off tonight. Overall - not a bad product but I won't be buying again. I'll be swapping the wand and see how it works with my usual mascara. Update: realised that after 3 attempts at making this work, it's definitely making my eyelashes dry all wonky (is this a British word?) and they're all spidery - not a good look. Into the back-up bin it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by glittertime01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are like me, the type of person who hates The Falsies, then you'll enjoy this mascara. I found The Falsies to be too clumpy and it gave me spider lashes. I have moderately long and full lashes. This mascara does a great job of defining and separating the lashes while still giving them volume. As for lengthening, it's more of a volumizing mascara. but you do get some length. The consistency is similar to the Full N' Soft Mascara, its a bit wet. The wand is on the shorter side, which I like. You have more control. Although I enjoy this mascara, I found that it does not make your lashes look fuller. Since it defines and separates, it does not create the feathery look of lashes at the base. I think I'm going to stick with my Full N' Soft, although I would repurchase this, Also, I found that it flakes after about 8 hours, although I have the non-waterproofversion. The waterproof one might not have the flaking problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleLillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

just got this the other day and tried it out this morning. not so happy with it, the brush is really oddly shaped and doesn't really get the corner lashes and I feel like I had to work harder with this than I should have. Also this mascara did nothing for volume and the brush didn't really grab the entire eyelashes (if this makes sense), and did not coat my lashes all the way to the tip. Going back to full'n'soft at least that gives me sufficient length. I'll probably give it another try but so far not digging it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Hearted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product because it holds my curl and defines it. I have short, straight, and down-ward pointing lashes... Yes I am Asian. I got this in waterproof and this does not clump or very little clumping. You could just go through with a lash comb if it bothers you. No fall out. It gives a natural curl and very nice. You may want to go over with a more dramatic mascara if you want, but it's really flattering on it's own. Obviously, I have to use an eye-lash curler with this, but after I apply it. My lashes are suddenly more noticeable. It's an overall good buy and for the price, I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should mention that I have the waterproof version...

I really like this mascara for 3 reasons:

1. It holds a curl! It's soooooooooooooooooo difficult for me to find a mascara that actually doesn't make my lashes limp again. I have sparse, short, stick-straight lashes, and this definitely looks good on 'em.

2. One By One is not only able to give me volume, but also length WITHOUT clumping up my lashes. :D

3. The packaging is adorable! (as shallow as that may be) The colors are really pretty and I absolutely adore the brush. Being me, I prefer rubber bristles :)

This has probably been one of the best mascaras I've ever had, and I've had a looooooooooot.

Would I buy this again?