November 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kbella3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup junkie and have tried many, many MANY foundations, up to this point there has only been 2 others that I have repurchased, Dior Forever and Lancome Idole Ultra Enduringly Divine Comfort, but lately they just seem to matt and thick for everyday wear in the office, so I started a pursuit to find the perfect everyday light fresh makeup. I looked at the Lancome Miracle but found it too oily and it moved on my skin, next I tried Dior's Nude but am not a lover of mineral makeup so then I turned to the Chanel counter. I had read about this make up and was very keen to try it, they put some on me, I went home and thought yeah this is nice, I went back and bought it. Let me just say this is such a beautiful foundation that I actually look forward to putting it on every morning and feel it's a shame to remove it every night. It applies so easily and simply perfects your skin, I don't even need a primer with it, and the smell is just wonderful makes you feel so nice, throughout the day your skin is super soft and it has actually improved the condition of my skin, this has never broken me out and if I stray on the weekend to another foundation and have issues, I go back to this on Monday morning and by that night all is well again. Seriously this foundation will always be on my dresser, I don't mind paying for it. It has good staying powder, I simply do a very light dust of chanel powder down the t-zone and that's it. I personally love the bottle it comes in, mess free and you can tell how much is left due to how much you have to squeeze it. You do have to vigorously shake it before squeezing some out but that's not a drama, I only use a pea size to do my whole face. I could go on and on about this foundation, it's just....well........ PERFECT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by pocketheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail, HG.
I was debating about buying this foundation or Diorskin Nude, but after going to The Bay and sampling both, I decided to go with this one. They are both very similar to each other, but this one is a more lighter and easier to apply. (Diorskin Nude is more coverage though, would work great for winter) In the end, this came to $55 CDN, which is the same price as Tarte's Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer. All in all, I have to say this was definetly worth it! This gives an even luminious glow, as opposed to Smooth Operator, which has glitter bits in it that can be seen close up. It is water-based, and has skin-matching technology in it, so the beige rose pastel 10 matched my very fair skin with pink undertones perfectly. It evened out the more reddish areas of my skin (chin and parts of my cheek) perfectly, but some of my freckles still shine through. This is more of a sheer and somewhat buildable coverage, which is perfect for summer, and doesn't give that cakey "ihavemakeupon" look. Very natural. Expensive for the small bottle, but completely worth the price.
If you're still wary about buying due to costs, try going to The Bay (Canada) and asking them to sample it on you to see if you like it first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Kmwinn7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a mixed review for this product. PROS: It has an awesome, even coverage. It is literally like a second layer of perfect skin, which is way worth the cost to me. CONS: It smells like sunscreen so bad, it doesn't last all day without a primer and powder. And when you shake the container it gets all messy in the lid. But, like I said, the way it makes my skin look is worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by laurajones

Lovely foundation. I didnt think i could ever like anything better than all of my MAC foundations...but this beat it. Flawless and even coverage...makes the price tag worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BWB89

This foundation is pretty incredible. I have combo skin, but going into winter here in Aus my skin is quite dry. I've had no problems with dryness, breakouts or oiliness which is great.
As many have said this product does really make you look naturally flawless - while the coverage is marketed as light, it is in fact quite heavily pigmented, meaning you can build coverage easily.
Doing this however does not result in a cakey/mask/built up look.
I wouldn't rave about the staying power, but nothing ever really lasts long on my face for some reason.
Overall though this is the best foundation I have ever used - it really doeas feel like you have nothing on and my skin just GLOWS.
I just wish it wasn't so expensive (AUS$77)!
Will see it goes and probably repurchase.

EDIT: Staying power seems to be much better, probably because it's continuing to get cooler. The condition of my skin is also better from using this foundation. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Tatouz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i had high hopes for this foundation. it applied like a dream and became like a second skin. even my husband noticed how nice my skin looked. it lasted most of the day but did not seem to jive well with the days i used my preferred moisturizer... also settled in my pore by the end of the day. the reason it is going back is the fragrance. too strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by scarlettchan

I love it so much! It is very water-y and easy to blend, and it is very light that I don't feel like wearing any foundation! Actually, it is like between a tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation, which is good for summer and for everyday look. This gives a small coverage but good enough for me because I don't have any acne. Good for dry skin or normal skin.

If the package is transparent would be better, then I can see how much it is left. Even it is expensive, I will re-purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tasha56

05/15/2011: Vitalumiere Aqua has many redeeming qualities that I can not take away from it and I can see why so many are smitten with this foundation. It provides a very natural and radiant finish; it smells absolutely lovely and is a joy to put on every morning and the packaging is easy for any girl on the go. Also, it is extremely easy to apply and it is pretty much goof proof... just make sure to shake the bottle before using it! I was really excited to try this foundation however, overall, I was let down. I have used everything from Clarins, to MAC to drug store foundations and only Vitalumiere Aqua has created noticeable dry patches on my skin. The bone that I have to pick with this is that I needed to invest in a moisturizer just to be able to use this foundation and not get those dry patches. After using this foundation for over a month, I have come to the conclusion that Vitalumiere Aqua is responsible for dehydrating my skin… which is such a shame because it was promising.

UPDATE 08/06/2011: After playing around with moisturizers, I settled on pure organic avocado oil and it benefited my skin greatly (sounds weird, but it is amazing). I have concluded that VA's drying effects were somewhat of a blessing because they forced me to take better care of my skin. I would also like to mention that I am very active during the summer and this foundation stays put all day! I bike almost everywhere and this foundation refuses to run or melt down my face. It even sits nicely on top of my heavy SPF45 sunblock. Total win :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by vipergrl8

This is by far THE WORST liquid foundation i have EVER used. I was so excited to buy this after reading all the rave reviews...boy was i dissapointed. First of all, the quality is garbage. I found better quality in drugstore foundations. It didnt cover anything on my face, melted off after only having it on for a couple of hours and i felt like i had to apply more and more to get the coverage i wanted. Also it transfers and gets all over EVERYTHING from your phone, to your clothes and forget about blowing your nose with this horrible product on your face because it will all come off. I cannot believe a reputable company like Chanel would carry such a horrible foundation. I am sticking to my MAC studio fix and Estee Lauder Double Wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by gale2509

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on here, I was torn between this and Dior the nude foundation. However, as soon as I tested out the chanel I knew this would be the one for me. I have never has any luck with foundations in the last 17 years that I've been trying to wear them. I buy them, wear it for a few days, hate how it makes me skin feel and go back to either boots no 7 or Mac tinted moisturizer. However, this discovery of v lightweight foundations could have solved this problem for me. I have been wearing vitalumiere aqua for just over a month which I think is a good length of time to give a well informed review. I purchased this in b20 which is perfect match to my pale but freckly complexion! I apply with dampened sponge on top of Clarins instant smooth perfecting touch. The coverage is lightweight but conceals very well, it completely covers the redness around my nose and provides a good base for covering actual blemishes which I then go over with estee lauder dw concealer. It lasts so well, 13 hrs after applying, it's still going strong, I am amazed by just how long wearing it is. I am prone to oily skin and breakouts especially with foundation, however this has not broke me out or caused an oil slick at all. This is worth every penny, I'm delighted with this product and will certainly buy this again when I run out.