October 20, 2014 | 890 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by gale2509

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on here, I was torn between this and Dior the nude foundation. However, as soon as I tested out the chanel I knew this would be the one for me. I have never has any luck with foundations in the last 17 years that I've been trying to wear them. I buy them, wear it for a few days, hate how it makes me skin feel and go back to either boots no 7 or Mac tinted moisturizer. However, this discovery of v lightweight foundations could have solved this problem for me. I have been wearing vitalumiere aqua for just over a month which I think is a good length of time to give a well informed review. I purchased this in b20 which is perfect match to my pale but freckly complexion! I apply with dampened sponge on top of Clarins instant smooth perfecting touch. The coverage is lightweight but conceals very well, it completely covers the redness around my nose and provides a good base for covering actual blemishes which I then go over with estee lauder dw concealer. It lasts so well, 13 hrs after applying, it's still going strong, I am amazed by just how long wearing it is. I am prone to oily skin and breakouts especially with foundation, however this has not broke me out or caused an oil slick at all. This is worth every penny, I'm delighted with this product and will certainly buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always worn d/s foundations on a daily bases and tried a few HE ones only to be disappointed by the lack of a good color match, ingredients or just wasn't Wowed to justify the price tag.

Then one night a few months ago I had to try some Chanel products and Vitalumiere Aqua had just come out and sounded like it would work perfect for me. Last Summer I tried NARS SG which was a bit too yellow for my Neatral 20-25 skintone, but I tried to make it work and the humidity just melted it away. So when everyone was complaining about the alcohol in VA, I was delighted. Nothing beats Summer the oilies for me than alcohol (my summer toner was d/s Witch Hazel which is high in alcohol).

I purchased B20 and it's the perfect match. Since the hot humid Summer is not here yet, I've found that Rose Hip Seed Oil worn underneath has worked to balance VA, because it can be drying. The coverage is light but heavier than a TM. Does a descent job of covering redness, I still use concealer in trouble spots. This is first foundation that has not broken me out and I love the smell. I've already picked up a backup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was intrigued by the reviews here and decided to get this instead of my HG Dior Nude liquid this time. I got the lightest shade, B10 (I am fair). The formula is rather creamy if you shake the bottle and coverage was light to medium. Since most reviewers here find it marvellous, I believe it's my skin that this foundation didn't work for me. When I first used it, my skin was a little bit harsh at the moment and I found it terrible. Coverage was too light and when I tried to layer it, it looked cakey. I continue using it and now that my skin is back to normal I have to say that this is a foundation for someone without major skin problems, because it sits on pores and accentuates dry areas. It has a powdery finish on me and it doesn't feel hydrating at all. I tried with a brush and coverage was better, but it certainly looked like makeup, nothing natural. I found that applying with my fingers is the best way. It didn't break me out neither had any negative impact on my skin (though I can smell and somewhat feel the alcohol it contains), but my skin has to be at its best in order for me to use it. Then it's just an ordinary everyday foundation. I didn't notice that "second skin" effect at all. The shade was nice though , it didn't oxidize or change color in any way neither made me shiny or oily. I like the tiny portable cute packaging but for 48 euros, I will go back to Dior Nude, which is until now the best foundation I have ever tried.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it in February and actually it's almost over, so i thought it was a good moment to post a review on it...
It's a great great foundation, if you get the right shade, it can be undetectable! =)
Although it's super lightweight, it provides a medium coverage, it doesn't cover post-acne scars nor blemishes, but it covers minors imperfection, such as light rosacea!
I have combo skin and this doesn't break me out, and last the whole day! I'll definately repurchase it....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by anaro

It is great, really natural and smells nice too. I use 40 desert beige but will pick up 50 soon. I recommened it too a friend and she loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

OMG I did it again! After reading about all the raves on MUA and various beauty blogs and mags, I just couldn't rest until I get this cos I had wanted a light weight liquid foundation. It's getting really hot this time of the year and I justified my purchase by not wanting to wear heavy or thick foundation on my face :D anyways, when i wanted to purchase this, there weren't any SA to assist me and I had to try and finally decided that B10 is the shade for moi. I just started using this for the 1st time today and God I have fallen madly in love with it! It's so light weight! :) only peeve is i have to shake the bottle well and it's tiring to have to do that everytime i want to put on this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh GAWD. I do NOT want a $47.00 foundation be my HG. That being said, it's close. This time of year my skin always changes and gets super oily and gross. My trusty Tarte SO seems not to be working for me right now, so I gave this new Chanel fdtn a go. I love it. I don't have a *perfect* color match, but then again I almost never do. I am neutral toned with pink surface coloring and really fair. I've been matched to both MAC NW15 and NC15 and straight N something.... the B10 looks pretty good, if a bit yellow, which I don't mind. BR10 was about 2 shades darker and looked more orangey on me. B10 is pale enough at least and doesn't oxidize and turn into an orange mess like Dior fdtns do on me. The finish and coverage of this truly remind me of TI Compact, which I love but can't get a good color match here in the states (Why, Chanel?!). It's like you have a perfect veil of skin. Very buildable - glides right over pores to make them seem almost non-existent. Gives a beautiful glowy but matte look. Very polished but never heavy. I have to say, I was at work for 10 hours today and it looked pretty dang good by the time I was done. I was a little oily as I hadn't blotted or anything, but the foundation hadn't creased, settled, pooled, any of that gross stuff. My skin still had coverage and looked great, just shiny. I was able to just take my clean finger over the shiny areas and sort of pat my skin and voila.... foundation looked almost brand new. My skin just looks good when I am wearing this. I can't explain how it's different than other foundations, but the finish just makes me look so fresh and alive. I love it. I do NOT, however, like the smell. I know some people call it "fresh", and I would agree to some extent - smells like obnoxious laundry detergent with some sort of flowers mixed in. And on me, I can smell it a good 2 hours or so. I can put up with it, as I only get a whiff every now and then. If you are sensitive to fragrance I would stay away from this. I think this provides a solid medium coverage easily.
*EDIT* broke me out, and dried my skin plus made it more oily at the same time. I was getting annoyed with how much I had to shake the stupid bottle every time I wanted to apply it, otherwise it came out very siliconey and not creamy. Returned it. It did have a nice finish, but just didn't work for my skin. Not sad that I won't be spending that much money on a foundation, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by grinchivous

Wow! This could be the best foundation I have ever used. I saw a video on the Chanel website and was impressed; immediately I checked for reviews on MA. I purchased a bottle on the weekend - had to go to 3 different stores to find my shade - B10. At the first store, the rep. tried a darker shade, and tried to convince me it looked ok!

This foundation goes on so smoothly and blends perfectly. I start with just a small amount and then add a bit to areas that need more coverage. The finish does not look as though I am wearing foundation and it lasts all day.

It may seem expensive - I paid $48 CDN, but I expect it to last a year at least.

Would definitely purchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The best everyday foundation for my normal to dry (cheeks) 30+ skin that hates to look like it is wearing any makeup (that is how it is in Britain - if you look like you are wearing make up people will think that you have too much time on your hands to play with SOMETHING LIKE mu!) at all.

Gives a satiny, evened out look of REAL skin and a B20 is a perfect match for my untanned but not extremely pale skin with a slightly yellow undertones but some pinkness in my cheeks.

Application takes 2 minutes (out of which at least 30 sec I spend on shaking the bottle containg the product!) and I am using my fingers. I have to add some corrector on top locally and under my eyes but not much as for me it is still a foundation with quite a lot of coverage.

A very good product and I am happy that it comes in a small plastic bottle as it makes it easy for travelling. I am also happy about spf 15 in it (though I never skip my Anthelios spf50+ underneath it anyway).
I have never used a Teint Innocence so I cannot compare the two but this one is certainly a great product.

P.S. I managed to obtain samples (quite and achievement in Scotland!) of Dior's Nude and Lancome's Teint Miracle foundations which were both rubbish in comparison! Luckily Chanel provided samples of this foundation in some magazines that I happen to buy so I was able to test it before making my purchase - my best way to do it but unfortunately not easy in UK...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by LaLaGlamFairy

I was all set to buy another high end foundation when the hype surrounding this came about. It was the same price point as the one I was thinking of getting so I went for this afer some careful consideration. It wil provide me with that light feeling of "no foundation" on my skin but it provides a nice light to med coverage, the finish gives you your skin but better, it's not shiney and not matte. It is the oen foundation that I can look in the mirror and a seveal hrs later looks as fresh as the am. The only con would be the price but that wont keep me from getting it again. I also wanted to mention it wears best with a primer of either bb cream or a light primer I use Korres