July 31, 2014 | 1253 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a average foundation. I have more than 30 foundations at home; Guerlain Extreme #1, Guerlain Aqua #2, Laura Mercier oil free (warm ivory), Armani #5 etc etc. From drug store to high end, I think this could be above to average. Perfect shade for me, not too matte, not too dewy, not dried up my skin, long wear with powder, nice package (easy travel) n easy to blend. I am using B20 n it is the best match ever. I am a bit worry about the foundation will become too rich in the summer. Wish it is able to stay put in the summer with my primer n Smashbox anti -shine. it provides sheer to medium coverage. For days that my skin have no breakout, I can use this foundation with no problem> Otherwise, I will use MAC prolong wear concealer or CDP concealer to perfect my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by csinadinos

this is a great foundation , covers very well but leaves u with a natural look , also doesn't rub of on clothing like a lot of others do. definitely will purchase again .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Farheen

i have terribly sensitive skin and acne to top it off. This is one of the only foundations I can actually wear. A little goes a LONG way which is why I think the price is okay. It has a very natural glowy look to it and though it oxidizes a little bit - still looks natural. Will def buy when it runs out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Marlena0619

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that this was a last minute buy after I was invited to a Chanel event. The make up artist showed me that a little goes a long way by putting a quarter size amount on her hand and only needing half that amount for a nice, blended coverage. For me, I noticed if you apply a good primer, it goes on smooth and lasts all day with the help of a powder, of course. All you need is a small amount to get a natural, dewey finish that will make you look youthful with great coverage. I have an oily t-zone and am highly allegeric to many store make-up brands, ( I get itchy bumps on the side of my face) but i use Chanel skincare and the foundation without irritation or break outs.
I also like the fact that it is plastic bc its portable, "ding resistent" and blended with my skin-tone perfectly. ( I am a mixed race so its sometimes difficult to find a foundation that matches my skintone). It's a $45 investment that I think is worth the buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by PinkySangria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation, easily applicable with fingers, and smoothes right into the skin. It brightens the skin without creating a sheen or leaving glitter all over the face.

I have noticed it oxidizes a bit (at least on my skin, I know not everyone has had that trouble), and so I intend to pick up a shade lighter as well so that I can blend them to create the perfect color.

Lightweight, lasts the day, and really gives a fresh, healthy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Chanel Vitalumiere before. This Vitalumiere Aqua version is much better! the regular vitalumiere version is very hydrating but to be honest a little too hydrating. it gives my face a funny shine! i like dewy finish but it's way too dewy than i wanted. i have normal skin but in the picture with this regular version of vitalumiere i look like i have very oily skin and my whole face is just glowing and shinning. it doesn't last either. if i answer the phone it just comes off right away onto my phone. not to mention your clothes and your companion's. Anyway. about this Aqua version, it's a much improved version. i'm nc 15 and B10 is a good color match for me. it gives a medium coverage and the finish is slightly dewy which I prefer. the lasting power is very good, too, at least 8 hours. maybe not as long lasting as MAC pro-long wear but it doesn't have the mask like finish as the mac prolong wear does. and it's not as drying. although i liked the mac prolong wear, i'm glad i waited on ordering MAC. when i tried the sample of this vitalumiere aqua, i ordered it right away! my new HG
update: after been using it for some time, i feel the coverage is more like light to medium. i don't have any major skin issues except dark circle. i just use some concealer before putting this on and the finish is very natural and it evens out the skin tone. i do feel this may not have enough coverage for those who have more blemishes or other skin concern. it doesn't cover everything like some medium to heavy coverage foundation does and it may look cakey if one tries to layer it. so it's probably only good for those who have nice skin to begin with and it makes your skin look even better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the most perfect foundation I have ever used. I can't even begin to describe its gorgeous texture--neither glowy nor matte, maybe a little of each and just perfect. I get good fast medium coverage by just using my fingers and then evening it out with a brush. I tried applying with a BB sponge, and way too much product wound up in the sponge instead of on my face. Coverage is excellent. I can't see pores anymore, even in a magnifying mirror. Staying power blows me away--all day with no need for any kind of setting powder or touchup later. My skin is normal/dry. Former HGs were Armani and Laura Mercier, but this is measurably better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Me - Asian NC25-30, combo skin, acne scarring. Using B30.

Very light feeling, but med coverage, buildable. Colour great for asian skins - I was worried it would not be yellow enough but it works. Perhaps theres some truth in the self-adjusting colour claims (though being a chemical engineer I am programmed to ignore those sorts of statements).
A matte finish which seems to stay true to colour. I did not notice a lot of oxidation. I am impressed so far.
The packaging is practical and it is essential to give a good shake before application.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm glad I just got a sample of this to try because I definitely won't be buying it. When I first put it on, I loved it. It is very sheer and natural looking. Plus, the shade I have B20 matched my skin perfectly. So, initially, I was sold on it. However, within 1 hour, my skin started feeling very tight and it never feels like that. It was like this foundation was sucking all the moisture out of my skin. After I read some of the reviews on here, I realize this has also happened to others. I think this foundation would be much better for someone with very oily skin because it seems to have oil-control properties. However, if you have normal, combo skin, it probably will be too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Where to begin?! I have been in search of my HG foundation since the beginning of time. I would always come so close. MAC's Studio Sculpt was awesome, but it made my face cakey by the end of a long work day. Lancome's Teint Miracle was great too, but the color selection didn't suit my shade. Enter Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. I had used Mat Lumiere for a while but it caked and oxidized like no other. Also not a fan of the glass bottle. So when I heard everyone raving about Chanel's newest foundation, I had to check it out for myself. The wonderful SA applied it with a regular foundation brush and no lies I was astounded when I looked in the mirror. It looked like my skin, but without the redness and few freckles I have. No foundation has ever looked so natural on me. I bought it immediately, but in the back of my mind I still thought it was too good to be true. I have been wearing it for 2 weeks now and I can fully attest to how awesome this product is. It doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize, doesn't come off halfway throughout the day and doesn't make my skin look like a mask.

For reference, I am NC25-30 and I have this foundation in BR30. I put this on at 6:30 am yesterday, went to work for 8 hours then went to the gym. My skin looked as fresh and as radiant as it had the morning I put it on. I couldn't believe it. I have tried applying this with my fingers like the bottle said, but I think stippling gave me the best effect. I just set it with MAC's Prep+Prime Powder and sprayed a little of Urban Decay's All Nighter in the morning and it legit stayed put for over 12 hours. Also remember to shake the bottle well!

So excited for the summer to be able to use such a light weight foundation. Def give this a try!