October 25, 2014 | 1674 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by EdotRich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I took the time to check this product out. I've been wearing this foundation for about two months and I have NO complaints so far. It's basically a keeper. Why?

1. I only have to touch up my foundation ONCE!...even without primer and just moisturizer underneath. This is pretty rare for me.

2. Initially...I thought this foundation would be too dark, because it appears to be dark in the bottle. BUT, I was pleasantly suprised after I applied it to my face and it dried. It was a great match!!!

3. Even though it dries pretty quickly (so you have to work with it quickly)...no streaking.

4. It last ALL-DAY. I have fallen asleep with a face full of makeup (bad, I know) and the foundation still looks great.

5. I love the way this foundation makes my skin look and feel. It does not feel like I have foundation on...which is great. My skin feels very soft and has a nice satiny finish.

6. The price! (LOL) $29.50 is not bad for foundatoin...especially when comparing to other brands such as NARS, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Chanel, etc. I think it's worth the price.

7. I love any foundation that comes with a pump. More control in terms of how much product you use, so that you don't waste product.

8. I like that I can use my fingers. I prefer to use my fingers applying foundation. This is great for that.

9. You don't need a lot!

Verdict: Keeper. (NC45, by the way)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's about time MAC comes out with a good foundation. I am a foundation whore I have over 15+ right now. I don't think I will be buying anymore anytime soon, this foundation is amazing it's med- heavy coverage and actually last like it says it does. I was skeptical to try this but after hearing raves about it on here i had to give it a shot! Amazing amazing amazing foundation, if your looking for buildable coverage and a foundation that really does last 12+ hours then try this one out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lately I have been on the hunt for a good foundation. I never have the habit of wearing foundation, but in the past six months my face broke out in cystic acne. Now I feel very self concious about my skin.

Anyways, I like this foundation because
-The color matches very well
- It has pretty good coverage
- It does last all day, most foundations I have tried disappears by noon, my skin still looks good after an 8 hour day. I do not touch up during the day at all.
- I like the pump bottle, easy to control how much product gets out
- It does not feel thick or greasy on the skin
- Does not get cakey
- Most foundations highlights the dry patches on my skin, this does not
- My face does not feel dry with this on

I apply this with with my fingers or a foundation brush, it does set pretty quickly, so either apply a section at a time or you gotta work fast.

Do NOT wear this foundation if you plan on taking pictures, I wore it one day, and in my picture I looked like I had a floating head. In pictures, this makes you look very white, think ghostly white. This is really the only thing I do not like about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by miapark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the rare occasions in which a product actually does what it claims- Pro Longwear SPF 10 will actually stay on for 15hrs! And not only that, but your foundation (no blush, highlighter, etc.) will look exactly the same from when you put it on at 8AM to when you take it off at 11PM.

I gave this product a long test run, and I am in the shade NC20. The Pro Longwear line has a tendency to have an extremely strong yellow base in the NC shades, more so than is usual for MAC foundations. I am Korean, with fairly cool undertones and little yellow. However, I still found the yellow base was slightly overwhelming.

Aside from the shade, let's get on the actual product wear. I wore this through a very long working days, and was extremely impressed by the wear of the foundation. The foundation did not budge at all! It looked exactly the same at night when I took it off (~11PM) from when I put it on at (~8AM). I have a normal skin type, and found that the formula kept my face quite dry the entire. That said, if you're looking for a 'glowy' foundation, this is not the right one.

As I ran into the 8 hour mark though, I found that the foundation was pulling across my face a bit tightly, particularily when I smiled. It was as if the foundation was a sheet sitting just atop my skin, and it was being pulled like saran wrap overtop of a bowl. Yes, a strange analogy, but I think you get the picture.

Application wise, I would avoid fingers because I feel that it results in heavier coverage. I would use a big triangle sponge, first soaked in water and then squeezed. This will give you a light/medium coverage, and the water in your sponge will counteract some of the thickness. Foundation brushes will give you very full coverage, which may be over the top for daytime.

Overall, a very impressive foundation as it lives up to claims. Personally, I returned the item though because I did not like the look. The color was a bit orange for me. Price wise, in Canada at least, it is midlevel at $40.00 after all taxes. A comparable and less expensive alternative is Revlon Colorstay.

Warning: Do NOT set this with a powder! Please resist this urge to set with a powder because you do not need it. It will in fact make you look really overly powdery...not cute.

Positives--
1. Great wear, does not budge for hours on end!
2. Does not create shine as the day goes on
3. Excellent coverage, really no concealer needed
4. A happy inbetween of medium to full coverage
5. Good quality for a medium price level

Negatives--
1. You WILL feel like you are wearing foundation
2. It is obvious that you have makeup on. This is not a natural look, but also by no means so heavy that you will look caked up.
3. Seems to have some sort of sulfur or even clay base so that when you smile, it can make the makeup pull tightly across your face...
4. Thickness of foundation may clog pores

I would definitely recommend everyone give this one a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Rassberry88

Love this product! I bought it in NC20, this literally lasts from early in the morning to late at night, it blends in well with my skin better than other MAC foundations!!! Although I will say I find it a lot easier to apply this with my fingers rather than using the brush. This is definitely I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I LOVE this product!
I was hestitate reading some reviews,but I still decided to give it try ^^.The color matches perfectly,which is shocking,since most of foundations in the M.A.C. line have different color effects/coverage.I hope they never discontinue this.A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by mego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love! FOR REALZ! I have been using MUFE HD for about the last year. I've been dealing with some bouts of cystic acne and thought I should switch up my foundation and some of my products a bit. In about June, the SA at the MAC counter tried the Studio Fix Fluid on me and it just looked terrible - like she didn't know how to put on foundation. It was totally streaky, and didn't get much better when I blended it myself. I wasn't really impressed with their foundations (although I've used the Studio Fix powder before and loved it when I was using it with a tinted moisturizer) and I really wanted a liquid foundation with buildable coverage. I gave up and went back to Sephora and bought another MUFE HD. Come last week, I really was itching for a new foundation to combat the acne. I read about the Pro Longwear, and by golly it's amazing! The SA put it on one side of my face and the SF Fluid on the other and the difference was incredible. I bought it in NC15 (normally I wear NC/NW 20) and I love the pigment. It is the right amount of golden/yellow to balance out my pinkness, yet still matches the rest of my body. A note like other reviewers said - it does run a little darker than the other MAC foundations. I apply it with the MAC 187 brush and then buff it even more with a small kabuki brush. Holy crap it looks amazing. I look airbrushed. Furthermore, it feels super light and doesn't transfer onto anything or anyone!

I apply it in layers like this (after I moisturize and prime):
- layer of foundation (2 pumps) with the 187
- buff with kabuki brush
- apply concealer over blemishes and under eyes
- apply one more layer of foundation (1 pump) with the 187
- buff with kabuki brush
- conceal the stubborn spots one more time and blend well
- set with a small amount loose powder. I use the Eco Tools bamboo bronzer brush and I blend blend blend!
- buff again with the kabuki brush (if needed)

It sounds like a lot of steps and overly complicated, but it really isn't. I just noticed that I get the best results when I buff and blend. It has settled/caked a teeny bit when I do not. This technique has given me the most amazing looking complexion.

I teach and direct high school theatre, so I am not a stranger to 14 hour days. Last week was show week -- I still looked awesome at 10:30 at night after applying it at 6:30 that morning. Every single day.

I'm sold!!! Oh, and I don't have any cystic acne spots since I've started using it, by the way. Hallelujah!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by yhpark0706

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! i love how it has a natural finish, and its pretty easy to blend. also, it last seriously, ALL DAY LONG! i definetely recommend it to everyone!! i never liked mac foundations (like the studio foundation) because it always broke me out. but this foundation doesnt break me out at all! :) at least give it a try. you can always return it if you don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Leenamat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own a million foundations from every brand possible - just one of those things when you live in a cosmo place like Dubai, I guess where both European and American brands - even Asian are easily available. I am an NC 40 in Mac but dont think all that much about Mac foundations as they break me out. Currently my fav foundation is MUFE HD and so it was with some trepidation that I ventured to try out Pro Longwear manily coz of all the good reviews and boy am I glad I tried it! I bought NC 42 which is a darn good match and I have been using it for 2 weeks straight now and no breakouts yet (other MAC foundations break me out). Tis practically lasts all day and even survived an open sea trip out in warm Oman that lasted from 6 am to 6 pm!. Full coverage and I apply it with my MAC 187 brush after applying my moisturizer and primer. Goes on like a dream. I love it and strongly recommend it. It photographs like a dream too esp outdoor shot! A must-have in ur makeup kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by tawniethetiger

so before this i used stila one-step which was good but overly priced, too thick (i needed to mix with my moisturizer), and i had to buy a lighter shade because it oxidized a pretty good amount. so after i finished that, i was looking for a new foundation and was reading reviews on tons of different foundations and i read nothing but good things on mac pro longwear so i decided to try it out. i LOVE it. im pretty oily...especially through my t-zone but my cheeks are pretty darn dry. this doesnt dry out my cheeks at all but it does a good job at keeping my tzone shine free. i only see a tiny bit of shine on my nose after almost an entire day at work...and i dont even need to touch up...with a clean hand, i very softly run my finger over my nose and it takes the oil right off my face. i dont know why that works for me but it does. as with many mac products...youre gonna have a hard time matching your face. i shoulda gone to a mac store so that a pro could help me but instead i went to a counter. the first girl that helped me said that i would be an nc35 or nc40. i wear an nc25 in my sheer pressed so i thought that was insane so i asked someone else and she said i looked like an nc25 or an nc30. she matched me up and i was an nc25. so that first girl was crazy...that always happens...someone is way off and you end up buying a color that doesnt match you at all. sheesh. ANYWAYS...AMAZING!! i love love love it. i will buy it again for sure. its great for oily skin and it really does what it says...its LONG WEAR!!

Edit: this is still my favorite foundation and I've bought it over and over again but WHY must it have SPF?! You get such a white cast with flash photography, even though its a very low SPF. It drives me crazy. Perhaps the only minus about this foundation, though.