September 1, 2014 | 2180 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Jotten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, I totally HATE this foundation! At first when I bought it, I was really happy, because it is so flattering, it blends well and the colour was perfect to me, but after one or two days using it, when I woke up there were 21 pimples on my face! 21!!! I just wanted to scream. I mean, I got this foundation on october and we are like at the end of november and the pimples are still on my face. As a acne prone skin makeup addicted, I give this foundation 1 lippie, however (yes I must tell you the good news), if you only have oily or combination skin, you will love it, because it stays perfect for the whole day, you may only need to blot once or twice, it doesn't turn orange,or pink. I hope my review was helpfull.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Andalucian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit hesitant to try this for fear of breakouts, but after struggling for quite a while to find a foundation that's long-wearing (and hard-wearing - my makeup generally needs to endure a lot!) and still has a finish I like, I finally gave in and ordered a bottle. Illuminare Ultimate All Day and EL DW are great in terms of durability and stamina, but I haven't been completely in love with the finish on my skin.

The good news - I do like the finish of MAC's PLW better. It seems to give me a softer look than the other two, and it definitely lasts on me all day, even through sweat, rain, wind, and wiping dust from my face. It doesn't seem to stay quite as matte as my Illuminare or EL DW, but I can deal with that; I imagine it's the price I'll need to pay for the less-dry finish.

The bad news - I really do wish MAC offered this in NW15. I'm generally more of an NW20, even bordering on NW25 in the summer, but the NW20 PLW is really a bit too dark on me. It also seems to have almost an orange-ish hue. It blends well, and I could get away with wearing it, but I found it worked better for me once I mixed in a couple of samples of Face Atelier's Zero Minus in. I was fortunate in that mixing in the FA gave the foundation a somewhat smoother texture, so that was an added bonus... though it perhaps makes this review just a bit unfair. I'm wondering if mixing the FA with my EL DW would likewise improve the texture and finish in a foundation with a better color match for me.

Overall, though, this does do what it's intended to do - it gives a matte finish, and coverage lasts all day. I'm also grateful that it comes in a sturdy clear glass bottle with a pump built into the cap, as it's easy to use (and likely travel friendly, as the pump rotates clearly and easily into a "locked" position if necessary).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a foundation that stays put ALL day long, then this is for you. On the website it says that it's sheer to moderate, but I'd say it's more moderate to full coverage. It covers up skin imperfections well and keeps the shine away. I only had to blot with blot power once. At the end of the day the foundation wasn't as fresh as it was when I first put it on but it sticks around much better than other foundations I've used. Studio Fix Fluid used to be my HG liquid foundation, but this has replaced it! :) I wear NC40 and I have medium golden tan skin. $29.50 is the price but that's pretty standard for high end foundations nowadays.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally a MAC foundation that does not break me out! I always tried to stay away from MAC foundations ever since I tried the Studio Fix Fluid. I broke out so bad that it traumatized me from trying any MAC foundations again. But as soon as I heard about this new one, I just felt like I had to have it. I went ahead and purchased it in the shade NC25 and what do you know? Perfect match! I have light skin with lots of yellow undertones and I am super happy that this pro longwear foundation seems to contain lots of yellow undertones to it. Seeing as most MAC foundations can run a bit on the orange side. I love the packaging-the pump bottle is genius and it lets you dispoense the perfect amount of product everytime. I also like the addition of the SPF 10 in it as well :)

I apply this foundation with a long handled Kabuki brush and I love the way it look on me! I seriously don't need much product at all to cover my face. At the most all I need is one pump and a half. I have some acne scarring and this foundation covers them pretty decentley. I would say this foundation provides a medium-buildable coverage, with a soft matte finish. I have a combination of oily and dry skin. I make sure to apply my moisturizer before I apply this fouondation because I believe this foundation would accentuate the dryness on the skin if it is not properly moisturized. If you have dry skin, just make sure to moisturize beforehand, and you should be fine :) As for the oilies on my T-Zone, surprisingly this pro longwear foundation helps control it. Some days I don't even need to touch up! But then there are some days when the oil on my nose is uncontrollable LOL! This foundation does dry and set fast on the skin so my advice would be to work in sections, and blend it in fast. But once this baby dries, it is not budging until you remove it with your makeup remover and such.

I have been using this foundation for about 1 month and a half, and I love it! It is my HG liquid foundation and I am very happy to report that I have had no breakouts or any other alergic recations when using Pro Longwear. Thank You MAC for this foundation! And please don't EVER discontinue it!

I hope this review was helpful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dizzygirli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

OMG, what a great foundation! I am an NC 40 right now because I have a tan and this was a perfect match for my skintone. I asked for a sample from the MUA @ MAC to try it out and I really love it. I put it on at around noon today and kept it on until 10pm. This foundation stayed put no retouching, just used a blotting paper at about 8pm to blot off excess oil. It truly made my skin look healthy and flawless. Usually
MAC foundations break me out, so I don't know if this one will. But the formula and lightweight texture is fantastic! I REALLY hope this foundation does not break me out, because I absolutely loved the finish it gave my face!!! I guess time will tell...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cramirez12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the best one from MAC yet. I like it cuz I have extremely oily skin and this one takes a bit of it away. I also use MAC oil control lotion and that has improved my severely oily skin. The foundation has an easy to use pump. It's creamy and the foundation is buildable. GOOD JOB MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I am absolutely in love with this foundation. I've been thinking about getting this foundation for a month and I finally gave in bought it yesterday. It may be a little early to post such a good review but this stuff is that good. My cousin also has sensitive skin and she loves this stuff, no breakouts for her so i'm crossing my fingers I don't break out. If I do, i'll make sure to update.

I didn't have any trouble finding a color match. NC42 blended very well into my skin. I'm pacific islander with yellow undertones.

I've tried a few foundations from MAC and only three work for me, Satinfinish, Face & Body and now Pro Longwear. Everything else makes me break out. This foundation reminds me a lot of MUFE's HD foundation except BETTER. I apply this foundation with my flat top synthetic bronzer brush from Costco. I use 2 pumps and I pat and swirl just a little all over my face. The coverage I get is medium to full. Covers all my redness and acne scarring. When the foundation dries on your face you are left with natural looking, not too dewy and not too matte finish. Looks like your skin. Just because I do have a oily face I set everything with a light dusting of MAC Blot powder. This combo is love for my skin. Last all day, literally. As for oil control this does it very well!! I've never tried anything that controls my oilyness like this, it's shocks me! If you've been comtemplating about this GET IT!! Love this foundation and is def a staple!!

EDIT 12/10/10:

I've been using this foundation almost everyday for almost 3 weeks now and I still LOVE it!! The lasting power is so awesome!! I feel bad to wipe it off at night because it still looks so good. I feel like i'm wasting it. Lol. I dance hula and tahitian and I sweat a lot during practice. I wore this all day to work and then to practice that night and it still looked good after a 8 hour work shift and a hour and half of dancing and sweating. It did wear off but not much. I want to say about 70% of the coverage was still there. That's amazing in my book. Usually I leave with no foundation/blush but not this time. This will def be the foundation I will be wearing to shows and competitions. As for breakouts, NONE!! After 3 weeks usually my skin will let me know if it's a no go for me. Great coverage, lasting power and skin friendly. HUGE thumbs up to MAC for making this foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

LOVE this product. I have to say, I have always strayed from MAC foundations because I didn't trust them much. Not sure why, just felt they might be a bit too chemically. That being said, I always loved how people's skin looked when they wore studio fix! Anyway, I was looking for a foundation to stay on during my long wedding events and my makeup artist suggested this one. Kinda surprised (because she always uses Armani, which is great but doesn't last 15 hours) I decided to go for it. This product is fabulous!!! It makes skin FLAWLESS. I find it looks best with a primer, otherwise it settles a bit into the pores, but skin looks amazing literally for 15 hours and beyond. One dust of powder mid-day and you're back to looking like you did when you first applied it. It doesn't oxidize and turn weird colors, and the NC15 is perfect for my skin. No breakouts or issues with it thus far. I'm a huge fan and so glad I tried it - highly recommend it for those who can't stand coming home after work with no makeup left on their faces :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

Great for oily skinned ladies like myself. Its definitely long lasting, but it doesn't make
The 12 hour mark like it says it will. It stays fresh lookinmg through an entire 8 hour work day. My shade in studio fix is NC40. However, I find that the NC40 shade
For this foundation is a tad too dark, while NC35 is a tad too light. I end up having to mix the 2 shades together to get a match
For my skintone. I like that there is a pump dispenser. It is a little pricey but I feel that because
I only need one pump to do my entire face that I get my moneys worth. This will definitely last
Awhile and I'd definitely go out and buy another 2 bottles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Cutekitti

The color is fabulous, not as olivey/orange as the studio fix fluid and matched my skin tone perfectly. However, it highlighed every dry patch of skin I had (most I didnt even know I had) My skin isnt particularly dry. It also slid off my nose in an hour and my nose isnt even that oily. I returned it