August 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by fwashington

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the 3oz tube. I like a thick creamy moisturizer. I have combination skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft. I would recommend this product if you like a thick creamy moisturizer. I use in the morning and at night. Part of a good skin care regimine is having a good moisturizer and this one is good for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I bought the Walgreens version. I've been looking for something that can help me with my drier skin since restarting retin-a. I tried the Cerave, Olay Complete Sensitive skin SPF 15, Olay Firming Cream, Beyond Belief Vita C Day Lotion, and St Ives Collagen and Elastin Facial Lotion. This one is the best for the current state of my skin. It makes it really moistutized, doesn't break me out, the the moisture lasts until I get home without my face becoming all itchy. All in all, a not bad product that does what it says.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I have been having breakouts AND it's Fall so my skin has been a MESS. I was with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash (which has Salicylic Acid in it) and apply Benzaclin at night. This amounts to one very dried out face...so I use the cream on my face at night to combat the flakiness. So far its been working like a dream. It does sting because my face is already irritated from the wash and Benzaclin, but that wears off and it helps my face TREMENDOUSLY!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by MutantFrog

I usually use the Cetaphil lotion for my face, and use this cream at night, when dryer than normal or during a rosacea flare.

Pros:
--hasn't made me break out at all
--no irritation
--no greasy or shiny after effect on my skin.

Cons:
--packaging is bulky and hard to use. Smaller/portable size should be available.
--doesn't seem to do well going under foundation.

EDIT: had to start using MetroGel twice daily (was just using an oral antibiotic for rosacea), and this product has been a LIFESAVER. I use it as my daytime lotion and it really helps with the dryness. No greasy feeling, no shiny look, no additional break out, just comforted skin :) I changed the rating from a 4 to a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

I love this cream. I never knew Cetaphil products were this good. It keeps my skin moisturized all day (or night) but doesn't make it extra oily.

Edit: I don't use this for my face anymore but it still works really well on my super dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by juan54juan

Love this moisturiser on my body, but not on my face. I do use it on my face though. After cleansing and exfoliating, I rub this on my face and then wash it off after a few minutes. It feels so fabulous this way I don't even tone or moisturise afterwards. I don't exfoliate often because my skin is very thin and I think putting the Cetaphil on after exfoliating helps any scratches to heal, if you know what I mean.

It's a very rich moisturiser that makes my skin feel silky, literally, when I wake up in the morning.

The packaging is not the most hygenic but for a rich cream like that I'm not sure how else they can package it...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best rich moisturizer I've ever used. I use on both face and body in winter, and on face and dry patches only on summer nights. Fragrance free formula doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and despite its richness, it absorbs quickly--even more quickly than its cousin, the slightly greasier Cetaphil lotion. Originally, I was going to give packaging 4 lippies instead of 5 because the large tub was difficult to take along while traveling. However, TSA-compliant 3-oz. tubes are now available, which makes this a 5-lippie product for me all around.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by gnat

I've tried this moisturizer several times over the years and I have to waive the white flag - this stuff breaks me out like nothing else does. It's maddening since everyone else seems to have such great experiences with the product and the price is right. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I visited a dermatologist once a few years ago for dry patches on my temples and the diagnosis was eczema and sensitive skin. She gave me a prescription for Elidel and also said that Cetaphil cream would help in a pinch if I didn't have my Elidel with me and highly recommended it as an all-over body cream. I've been using the cream as a body cream but when I started using La Mer a few years ago, the dry patches on my face didn't return so I haven't used it on my face but I doubt I would have any problems if I decided to do so.

I buy the small tubes of Cetaphil which run a little over $8 each. I've read here on p'ville that Costco has ginormous tubs for $10 which is definitely a good deal but I just don't like scooping out creams from tubs!

I will buy this cream forever and hope that I can always find the tubes in stores!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never would have believed I could slather my wretched skin with a thick white cream and not live to regret it but I really can with this product. I have terrible acne issues and this stuff does not cause any problems at all. It's cheap, easy to find and I can use it anywhere on my body. Gotta love that! Unscented too which is very important to me since I tend to be sensitive to fragrance.