October 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by evien

My HG foundation. I have been bouncing back and forth between foundations for the last 5 years, never being able to find one that is a great match or agrees with my skin...until now. I used to wear TLC Minerals pressed powder. I still think it's the best powder foundation I've used, and will continue to be part of my kit but my skins needs have changed as I approach my mid-thirties.I have tried Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Temptu Air Brush, Estee Lauder,Guerlain, MAC, Clarins, Ben Nye, Graftobian Glamour Creme (Iknow you're not supposed to wear this stuff every day, but I was desparate) and various drug store brands. This is the first liquid foundation I have tried that doesn't break me out, dry me out, and the colour looks beautiful on my skin. My pores seem to disappear and this doesn't settle into my fine lines. I'm a NW 30-35 in MAC and was matched with Barcelona....and it looks absolutely stunning! I am in awe and absolutely amazed. I am of German, Russian, Norwegian and Armenian descent and this is the first liquid foundation I have used that is a PERFECT match for my complexion. I thought I would have to compromise for the rest of my life, I can't begin to describe how pleased I am I found NARS Sheer Glow. I have been using this product for three weeks now and I love it more each day. The price is a bit steep, but I find this product goes a long way, staying power is good, but I finish it with a light dusting of my TLC minerals foundation which seems to extend it.... If you also have a complexion which is hard to match, try NARS the next time you're at the beauty counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by skye218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first non drugstore foundation I purchased and I have to say I really do like it. I use Barcelona. I apply it with my fingers and it blends really well. It's a lot more runny than I thought it would be but I like that because it's not heavy and sticky on my face. It's light and covers well. I have a lot of acne scars and large pores. It's a medium coverage but it's buildable. I do use a finishing powder over it to control any excess oil that may develop and there is still that glow that comes through. The only con to this is the price. It came out to be $62.00 CAD with taxes. But I saved up for it and overall I'm really happy with the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by karoleeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I apply this with a sigma f80 and it works wonders. Very workable, smooth and it doesn't make you look oily (i have oily skin). Set with some powder and it lasts all day. Make sure to wear a good primer bc it makes all the difference. I loved revlon colorstay but this is amazing especially in photos since theres no spf. Yea its pricey but you dont need a lot and the product is definetly worth it, you get what you pay for no bullsh*t.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

Ok
Packaging is awful, I love NARS but this pour top sucks and they didn't have the pump availible at my sephora. 2- it broke me out, I have slightly oilier skin and yea broke me out. Very streaky formula also I had trouble blending this foundation out. Eh haven't found my HG yet this is far from it! And way too expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by RachaelPDX

This is the first liquid foundation I've used and haven't returned. I have oily skin and have always used powder foundations. But after reading and watching so many reviews on this I went to the NARS counter and decided to give it a try. I LOVE IT! It is so smooth and creamy with excellent coverage. It blends like a dream, I apply with my fingers and then buff in with my Sigma round top kabuki and it looks flawless. I'm in the shade "Barcelona" great color, the best match for my skin. The only draw back is it doesn't come with a pump, so I had to go onto the NARS website and purchase a pump for $5 which seems kind of ridiculous, but now I have one for future bottles I purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by olimac909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have not purchased this product but really really want to! i have MUFE HD foundation and I love it and people have told me that they compare, but i really need to know what color i am, i have cool pink-beige undertones and i cannot find out what my shade is! I am NW30-33 in mac shades and i use a combination of MUFE #145 and #160 to match my perfect skintone. and someone please help me find out which shade i am in sheerglow. if you could help me at all, that would be wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by caitlinmarie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always worn full coverage foundations assuming I needed them but as I'm getting older and more into skincare I feel that this may not be true anymore so I wanted to try a lighter coverage foundation and this was the one I picked. I went to a counter & got matched (damn you Sephora for not having the 2 lightest shades) and wasn't positive if I wanted to purchase on the spot b/c counters don't return opened/used products so the girl gave me a generous sample of it in my shade (number 2, Mont Blanc). I used the sample for about 2 weeks and the second I ran out I went to the mall and bought a full bottle. It's not cheap ($42 bucks) but I think it's a great foundation. It's a very runny consistency & very lightweight, I find that it's very easy to apply (with my fingers), and that it stays on for quite some time. I have dry skin (w/ some ever so wonderful dry patches on my cheeks) but instead of clinging to them, it glides over them wonderfully. The color is a bit yellow but I have a lot of redness in my skin so I prefer this in my foundations (to cancel out the redness). I find that my nose gets a bit oily a few hours into wearing it, so I carry a powder with me but it's usually only my nose that needs it. It's definitely a light to medium coverage but I think it does a great job of covering my blemishes and evening out my skin. I'm usually a NC15 in MAC and a 110 in MUFE HD Foundation for reference. I also find that this foundation gives my dull skin some life, I don't want to use the word glow but in a sense I guess it's the most fitting. I look more awake when I'm wearing this. When I'm at my palest I look to put a powder over it to lighten me up a bit (I'm just uber paranoid about my face not matching the rest of me) but now during the Spring when I'm out a bit more, it's great without it. I would recommend this to anyone that is on the hunt for a light-weight, easily blended, light to medium coverage foundation. It's a hefty price tag but worth it, I swear! Oh, it does transfer though (not to my clothing but on my phone when I get off of it) but I don't always set it so that probably has something to do with it. My only other "bah" feeling about this product is the packaging, I love NARS packaging even though it gets dirty fast but with this either my lid is screwed up or idk. You can pretty much keep spinning it on (it makes a sound if you keep doing it) but I never know if it's on all the way or not! I haven't had any problems with it spilling out or anything but I'd rather not even have to worry about that at all! Past that, I love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade Barcelona and it was a perfect match. The thing is that it didn't really stay put even after setting it with powder. It disappeared on my cheeks taking my blush with it and collected around my nose and mouth. Maybe the sheer matte would be better suited for my combo skin but even so I don't really get that oily. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

This is, hands down, the best foundation ever. I have airbrush systems, MUFE HD, every MAC foundation, Dior - you name it, I've either used it or still have it in my vanity. But when I found this, I was blown away. I need a product without SPF so that it will not reflect light when taking photos, but I've never found one I was totally, 100% pleased with. I'm the type of fanatical foundation checker - always asking and looking and peering to make sure my foundation color flawlessly matches my skin. So far I've never been too off, but Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc is 220% my exact skin tone. I actually match both Siberia & Mont Blanc, but Siberia was a skosh too yellow-toned for me (I am an NC20-25 in MAC, 117 in MUFE HD). I have pretty clear skin to begin with, but this makes it look flawless. This is the first foundation I can say truly looks airbrushed without being so. I imagine running this through an airbrush would make it look even more wonderful.

This goes on absolutely flawlessly no matter what method I use to apply. Now, I have combo-oily skin, with normal skin in my cheeks/chin & an oilier nose and forehead. This is recommended for very dry to normal skin, but I myself, and a few others I know, with oilier skin have used this to no ill effect. Even after hours of wear, I don't even need to reach for blot tissues or powder. I sometimes set this with my MAC Prep + Prime Translucent powder, but I find that if I skip it, it doesn't make a huge difference. It looks flawless either way. It even looks better as the day goes on!

Another HUGE pro for me is that it doesn't leave your face sticky, or feel like a mask. I hate when I'm afraid to itch my face because, despite how little I wear, the foundation would always come off under my nails! EW! And no one wants to cuddle up to their beau and have a sticky face and worry about it transferring to his light shirt! With this it looks like I have naturally flawless skin, and it feels so soft and smooth too, without any stickiness.

I guess a con would be that it doesn't come with a pump, but NARS sells one separately for I believe $6USD. I actually don't mind that it's pump-free, since I feel sometimes pumps give me more than I need. I normally don't like using my fingers because of the oils and such, but I find that one fingertip-full of this is all I need.

Yes, $42USD is definitely steep, but for the results I get with this I will gladly fork it over. The key to beautiful makeup is beautiful skin, and if I can really perfect the skin SO easily with this, it is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Scazza

I agree with what has been said:
Completely weightless
Only need a pea size for your whole face
Buildable
The color match was perfect
It looks like (makeup-less) skin
Satin finish
Does not make you feel like you're wearing makeup

I don't wear foundation often but this made me feel so beautiful, it made me want to wear it every day! I've been thinking about it ever since that last time I put it on. It made me love features I usually have trouble with; it made them luminous. Trying a sample at home it was so easy to apply that I forgot all about the Neutrogena Healthy Skin dupe and ordered it right away (though the pictures comparing the two on this page make the Neutrogena seem duller). $42 is cheap for how it made me feel! And I have pretty even skin tone, just use it in the center of my face. It's medium coverage, you need very very little (so would I buy it again? I won't have to for a very long time), though it is buildable. I'd been using Bare Minerals for the past 2 years to get the light effect which might be better in the summer but had been leaving me dry, could feel heavy, and at the same time not cover well, which made me feel old. I also wondered about all their light diffusing talk which sounds artificial and not like real skin.
I love that it has Tumeric in it. That makes me want to wear if more often.
I like to dot it so I don't miss a pump.
I feel that those who found it thick and cakey are probably applying way too much. It stays lightweight even if you apply more which can be deceptive. I use a very small dots on my face and stipple (with the Sonia Kashuk small stippling brush, the dupe of the Mac 188), which makes very even light coverage.
I got a sample first from the NARS boutique here in NYC who did my color match (Fiji). They matched my skin very easily on the second try. If you're in the area, I definitely recommend the boutique as it's easier to see all their colors, the lighting is better, and the products are maintained better than Sephora. Kind of out of the way from a subway stop and right by the Magnolia hordes but worth it.