eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.3

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

I bought this last weekend at Wal-Mart. I wanted to try Summer Fruit because of all the rave.
Well at first I wasn't a fan of the Mango like smell. I'm not a fan of fruity scents. But it's starting to grow on me.
The first time I put this on my lips is when I had a small fever blister. I didn't expect for the EOS to help it as much as it did!
I thinkk this is a nice lip balm and I look forward to trying the others!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Why oh why did this have to be in such cute packaging? That's the thing that attracted me to it, and it's probably the only thing I like about this lip sphere. First off, I'm a huge lip balm and gloss fan. I will basically try anything and everything under the sun. I bought the Summer Fruit EOS sphere from Walmart and just had to give it a try. What a joke! It was not moisturizing at all. In fact, I had to press on my lips very hard with the product just to get it to transfer from the little "ball" to my lips. The flavor was disgusting. I was expecting something..summery...like cherry or a delicious strawberry. Instead, it smells and tastes like wax with an unnatural and unknown fruit flavor added to it. The lasting power was also a joke. It lasted on my lips for maybe 5-10 minutes, if even that. There was no shine at all and my lips did not look moisturized because of using it. Instead, my lips felt waxy, thick, and uncomfortable. All-in-all, it was a huge disappointment. I contacted EOS to explain my situation and that I did not like the Summer Fruit flavored sphere and they didn't even bother to get back to me. I'm sure that this balm is great for girls who don't like to wear makeup but like to use balms that look like nothing is even on their lips except for a gross layer of wax, but it isn't for me. I'll go back to my shine-packed glosses, thank you very much!

I have this in both Summer Fruit and Honeysuckle Melon.

Both smell divine.
The packaging is so cute.
However, it does not moisturize. This is basically a wax type of texture. It just sits on top of your lips and does not sink in.

It is probably one of the worst lip balms I've ever tried. Guys, Nivea Milk & Honey is the best lip balm ever.

However, I use this is a primer for my lip tint which I use almost daily. This gives no shine, so it makes it look super natural for my lip tint. So I guess it's not completely useless.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is the BEST primer for those super dry MAC matte lipsticks, like Ruby Red. As a lip balm, it's just a bit too waxy and not moisturizing enough for me. However, if I use a super moisturizing one under those beautiful yet sand dry matte lipsticks, they tend to feather quickly, and the color is hard ti spread evenly, even with a lip brush. With this lip balm, it preps me lips just enough for the dry lipstick slide on smoothly without feathering.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the idea of this product, I loved the various "flavors", and the packaging. I did find it moisturizing. Unfortunately, I am allergic to something in it (I'm pretty sure it's the Stevia extract). My lips broke out in a terrible blistery rash that took a few weeks to go away! Very sad. Use this with caution! I do not have sensitive skin, and have never had an allergic reaction to any cosmetic products. I don't have any food allergies, but apparently I am allergic to Stevia. I'll always check ingredient lists from now on when trying out new lip balms.

It's really cute! Great flavor. It really moisturizes my lips and I absolutely adore the packaging. It runs for a little over 3 bucks and will probably last for a long time. I've had it for about 6 months now. The sphere is still the perfect shape.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unique. Smells good. Works great and long lasting. Can't say anything negative about this porduct.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Overall this is an average lip balm. It goes on smooth & smells great. The thing I do like the most it stays on for quite some time. It could be more moisturizing though. I love the packaging, it's super cute & easy to find in your purse or makeup bag.

I personally am not a fan of this product. I bought it because I had heard so many good things about it and the packaging sells itself. The smell of the product is nice, but when added to lips, its gone. I also find it too greasy and it doesn't moisturize my lips for more than 10 minutes. Not worth it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
- unique packaging
- great smell

CONS:
- the product is short and fat which makes it a bit more difficult to use than normal lip balms
- it's nothing special.. works like any other lip balm out there

I heard a lot about this product prior to purchasing it, so I was hoping it would live up to the hype but it didn't.

Popular Lip Treatments

Lip Butter
Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk