eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try the Eos Summer Fruit lip balm because a good friend recommended it.

First off, it is very different in shape. It is not like the traditional lip blam stick. This comes in a spherical shape. The pro to this shape is that is easy to apply to the lips. The con to the shape is that if you put the cap in incorrectly it dents the sphere, which is annoying.

I haven't finished this lip balm, but I have a feeling it will last a long time.

It doesn't feel like wax, but it isn't tacky ( like lip gloss). It is available in a lot of stores and there are two (or three) different scents.

on 9/12/2011 2:28:00 AM

As many other reviewers I heard great things about this lip balm but I really did not like it. I can't say I hated it because I did finish it
Pros:
Cheap and easy to find (drugstores, Target etc)
Super cute shape/packaging
Smells yummy like the name describes
Cons:
Feels really waxy (but I think because personally i favor thinner, jelly like balms like Aquaphor)
Does not work on dry or chapped lips (as others say it is more lightweight)
When its almost gone you can't get every last bit because it gets pushed into the bottom of the sphere (hard to explain)
Overall I gave it an average rating because of my personal preferences it didn't work out for me, but could work for others.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love EOS lip balms! The summer fruit one isn't really my favorite, in regards to smell/flavor wise, but it still gets the job done. When you glide it on, you'll notice that it's very light weight and doesn't leave your lips feeling waxy or gross like a lot of the other lip balms out there. It does moisturize your lips; however, sometimes I find myself putting it on several times a day because I feel it doesn't moisturize enough (since it is light weight). The positives definitely outshines the negative for this product. These products are organic and not tested on animals, which is always a major plus!

on 9/5/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i hate this product. it feels waxy and unmoisturizing, (natural? yeah right) it comes in an obnoxious round egg thats very awkward to put in a pants pocket. the smell is Obnoxious and horrible, you'd think PEACH would smell a bit nicer but peach is one of those things that tastes better than it smells. i would give this half a star if i could the only thing i did like was when i had to throw this away after i melted when i left it in the car.
The ingredients are ridiculous , it contains linalool at the bottom of the ingredients list which is known to be a photosensitizer . It's found in citrus oils and is phototoxic when exposed to uv radiation . It let's off free radicals which wreak havoc on your lips. No. The inclusion of this ingredient was a mistake. Just like this whole balm in general. In addition, this lip balm provides no sun protection. Your lips aren't exempt from sun damage! They're just as sensitive as the rest of your face, and a stable broad spectrum ss agent will help protect them from damage. Only zinc oxide seems to be acceptable because companies that use chemical agents ie avobenzone, octinoxate, etc don't seem to understand that avobenzone needs to be stabilized by octocrylene . If it's not the sunscreen breaks down and does more harm than good . Mineral based ss is the way to go for lips. i think ill stick to my Jane iredale lip drink and burnout balms. They actually provide protection against sun damage, not cause it.

on 9/5/2011 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this. The packaging is cute and it smells great and isn't heavy or greasy. I took off one lippie because I hate that it is also flavored, or at least has a flavor. I prefer my lip balms flavorless.

on 9/5/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this for the shape. It's so cute! The actual lip balm part was ok, it smelled so good at first, but now I really hate the smell of it! It is pretty moisturizing although I've had better.

Love, love, love this!! I'm going to be honest and admit the only reason I purchased this was because of its cute design. However, the more I use it, the more I love it. It's not sticky or greasy (most chapsticks I've tried are), and it is the most amazing base for lipsticks. It almost feels like I'm not wearing anything on my lips when I put this lip balm on! Also, love that it's totally organic. My HG lip balm, hands down.

on 9/2/2011 7:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's cute as heck but not very moisturizing. Feels like I'm just putting water on my lips.

I love eos lip balms! I don't like the scent of this one all that much, but it was the first one I ever got. I loved the formula so much, I had to track all of them down!

on 9/1/2011 7:17:00 AM

LOVE the smell.
LOVE the packaging.
LOVE the idea.
LOVE it.

*The only downside that caused me to give this a 4 instead of a 5, is that i don't think this is moisturising enough to HEAL really chapped lips. I think it is good to keep lips soft when they have been healed, but are not as great to actually heal severly chapped lips.*

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk