March 2, 2015 | 2036 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic balm! The reviewer below me described it perfectly. Summer Fruit is a soft natural peach scent. The formula is very thin, its not greasy or waxy like a chapstick. It's not a cream formula you dip your fingers in, but a rounded ball of hard balm. Very moisturizing on the lips, makes them glide together easily. The price is around $4. It's natural, has vitamin E, & it lasts a long time on the lips. I had to get use to the spherical shape, but its the perfect size for your hands & pocket. Everyone who sees it asks me what I am putting on my lips! The only thing that would make summer fruit better is if it had SPF in it. Only their lemon drop scent has spf so far. My favorite time to use this is at night, and I wake up with soft lips.The balm itself is beige in the container, and clear on the lips, it gives minimal shine so guys you can use this too! The texture reminds me of labello balms if anyone is wondering. Loveee this balm!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this. I had wanted a natural lip balm for a while, and I didn't want to spend a crazy amount of money. I also didn't want it to look like a granny would use it, if you know what I mean. So, I picked this up at Walmart for about $3, give or take. It's also in other drugstores for a few cents more. One thing I loved was the shape. Finally, a shape that will make heads turn. Really, I don't think I would have given it a lesser opinion if it didn't have the same shape. The shape is just a bonus, I was surprised to find that it actually was not as large as I expected. The egg shape does fit in my pocket, and once I have actually put two of these balms in my pocket at the same time. They are bulky, but it's okay. It's unique. You twist in a full circle to open it, and do the same to close it. It makes a clicking noise to let you know it's all the way closed. I have bought as of today, three of these balms. Not one of these had the balm fall out. I really like this because you can see how much balm you have used and how much you have left, and with tube balms it's almost a guessing game. It makes it simpler to know if you are going to run out and be stranded without a lip balm. The smell is amazing. It literally smells like fuzzy peaches. It is very waxy, but this way it doesn't melt, which would be tragic if it did. If you use it enough like I do, it's not as waxy, more creamy. Problem solved. So, thus, use it more and it's creamier, use it less and it's waxier. When I say more, I don't mean ever 5 minutes or anything, either. I love rubbing my lips together with this product because it feels plain good. It does give you a bit of shine, but nothing like lip gloss. Just a healthy shine. It is 100% natural and 95% organic, which is amazing. If it had sunscreen in it, it would not be natural and organic, which is why I don't mind. I always use this lip balm while a meal is approaching instead of using a lip balm with sunscreen. This way when I eat, I don't have traces of sunscreen and chemicals on my lips to ingest. I understand that sunscreen protection is important, which is why I got the eos lip balm in Lemon Drop with SPF 15! The Lemon Drop is always lip balm for going out. The price is just okay. It's not extremely expensive, but compared to regular lip balms, it's not too cheap either. It does almost have two entire regular tube lip balls inside of it (it's .25 oz), which evens it all out. It's still not something I would buy eight of and scatter around every room of my house. There is only one thing I really dislike besides the price. When you apply the lip balm, it's so easy to scrape the balm with your teeth or the lid. I don't have buck teeth either, trust me. After that, I would have little, tiny scratches on the surface of the balm. It's usually in odd places too, like the complete side of the balm where I hardy apply it at. I guess I just have to be super careful. Overall, I would totally reccomend. And I would buy it again, I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this due to the great reviews I read about it and it lived up to them imo. I enjoyed the smell, and it really did it's job when it came to moisturizing my lips. It also works great as a lipstick base. My DD loved it too, so much that she mangled it to pieces and I now need another one! lol

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only redeeming qualities of this lip balm are that it smells good (like fruity tea) and comes in a terribly cute package.

Other than that, it feels like I just took melted candle wax and stuck it on on my lips and it doesn't really moisturize... like at all.

I am definitely sure that I wont ever spend 4$ on these again, and it makes me sad that something so cute is so meeh.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Deyak949

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the packaging and the look of this! Its so easy to find in my purse. I loved the smell, but i dont think it worked too well as a balm. It didnt moisturize my lips at all and didnt like the texture it left my lips. I dont think i will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

Ehhh - so I got caught up in the gimmicky packaging. I needed a little balm on my way out of the drugstore and grabbed one of these babies. I got Summer Fruit and well, it sort of smells like turned fruit. Not quite fresh. I wouldn't buy this variety again. But as a balm it works well. No taste to speak of and my lips feel supple. But the scent - could be better. Maybe other EOS balms aren't as bad. But for almost $3 bucks I guess I expected more. I have to say I do like the packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesmakeup101

I love this lip balm! I love the packaging, the taste and smell. I think its so cute! However i feel it doesnt really misturize my lips but it's no big deal. I still love it and i will buy again when i run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkunicorn15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE these lip balms. They're SO cute and unique, and it makes my lips really soft and goes on really smoothly. I also love the smell and the taste. But overall, this is the only lip balm I use now as a moisturizer for my lips (aside from Vaseline). I love how it makes my lips look natural and smooth, but also gives them a sheer glossy look. LOVE this. I would recommend it to anyone. It really moisturizes your lips. Plus, it's so cute!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I like the cute packaging but I'm not sure if it does moisturize my lips. I love the smell and does feel soft with the initial application but doesn't last long.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product for wearing underneath lipstick. Because of it's weird shape I'm more likely to leave it on my vanity for morning lipstick application and not grab it to put in my purse where it will probably never been seen again. Lovely scent as well. Target seems to have it priced much cheaper than the drugstores.