E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 10/16/2011 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have MUA to thank for this one. I just started using liquid foundation and wasn't achieving the results I wanted applying with a sponge. I knew I needed to start stippling it on with a brush but I didn't know what brush to use, especially because as a college student, I have a limited budget. I did lots of research on MUA, and decided that the ELF Studio Powder Brush was my best bet. Ran off to Target to get it and BAM! PERFECTION! Seriously, this has made a world of difference for me- applying my foundation is much easier and less time-consuming, and it looks much better than sponge application. It applies smoothly and evenly. I wouldn't say it gives an airbrushed finish but that's likely because I have pretty bad skin and I'm just using drugstore foundation, nothing high-end. However it gives a much more flawless finish than using a sponge. I'm very impressed and glad MUA led me to this wonderful tool. Best part was that I only paid $3! Will repurchase for sure.

on 10/14/2011 6:05:00 PM

This is the best powder brush I ever bought, hands down. It makes applying any kind of powder (pressed powder after makeup for instance) fun and the result looks very professional!

on 10/14/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this brush I own 2 I use one for liquid foundation and the other for powder, it applies both beautifully. This is definitely one of the best brushes especially for the price.

on 10/14/2011 3:23:00 PM

This brush is fantastic! I have tried several brushes from ELF but they have all been a bit, well, 'meh' and not worth having, but this one is lovely. The bristles are very densely packed, super soft and luxurious. I can't wait to use this brush with the complexion perfection powder to set my makeup. I have only used this with translucent powder, not blusher or bronzer so I can't comment on how good it is for them. It seems well made so it should last for years, if it ever breaks I will repurchase straight away. For the price (3.50 in UK) you can't go wrong! Better than my NARS kabuki.

on 10/12/2011 5:38:00 PM

Love it! I bought two, one for my vanity and one for traveling to use with mineral foundation. It's really a pleasure to use, so very soft and dense. So yeah, for quality and price - you need it!

on 10/12/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I just got this brush. I was looking for something to apply my mineral powder foundation. This is the perfect size. It feels really soft. It applies the makeup really well. It's super cheap. I like it a lot.

Edit: After about a month and 4 washings, my brush is falling apart. I guess you get what you pay for. I wash all of my brushes every week. I have a Sephora brand bronzing brush that is 10 years old, it is still in great condition. So, it's not like I'm rough on my brushes.

on 10/10/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is, hands down, one of the BEST brushes that I own. What HASN'T been said about this little beauty? Well, I have two of them, and I must say, this is the EPITOMIC HG of applying liquid foundation. It also works beautifully as a buffer brush. The main reason why I have two, is because I use one for liquid products, and one for powder products. Shedding on this brush is extremely minimal and rare, however not nonexistent. The bristles are dense and packed, and are extremely soft, never scratchy, and I've had my first one for about two years now.

It beats down other high end brushes to a pulp, and the best part is, unlike regular $1 e.l.f. Brushes, the handles on their Studio brushes never come loose! Well, they don't for me, at least. This brush wasn't sold in any of my Target stores when I bought my first one online, and now it's everywhere! So don't hesitate! Go get this brush! I can guarantee it will become a staple for you as it is for me!

on 10/10/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Best. Brush. Ever. Run, don't walk, and get this now if you don't have it already. Especially if you wear MMU or powder foundations. It's seriously the best brush for these that I've ever used, and that's saying a lot. It's cheap, soft, doesn't shed, looks nice and buffs like a dream. I have nothing bad to say about it and simply can't live without it.

on 10/10/2011 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

In one word. WONDERFUL!!! :)
Seroiusly go buy one haha

on 10/9/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially had my misgivings about this brush because I believed the Sonia Kashuk flat-top was great already. I wondered, "How could this be good at foundation?" But on a whim I tossed it in my basket at Target anyway and figured I'd see.

One word - WOW. I was completely wrong to doubt it. This brush is so far the best tool I've used to apply foundation. It truly applies it seamlessly, without streaking, which is what I often experienced with the SK brush, having me go back and blend out the lines with a sponge. It is quite dense and I've never had an issue with the brush absorbing my makeup - in fact, I think it absorbs very little to none.

The synthetic hairs aren't the softest synthetics - SK is better in that regard - but for what a great job it does, its easy to overlook. For only $3, this is a great miracle product.

Popular Makeup Brushes