November 27, 2014 | 1457 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

There is not much to say about this brush that has not already been said. It works great at applying powders and liquids, and at buffing. It is really multipurpose and is super soft. Even better is that is was 3 bucks at Target. So there is no worries about tossing it in a makeup bag or losing it. It can even compare to more expensive brushes. The reason i took off a lippie is because the ferrule detached off the handle right away, but nothing that super glue can't fix. Also, it does shed a little, but because it is so cheap and works well it is great to have, and I am going to buy another one (or two).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Quindonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS BRUSH! This brush has become my absolute favorite brush. I bought it thinking it's only $3, if I don't like it it won't be much of a loss. I initially used it to apply my powders, then I realized how good of a blush brush it would make so I went and purchased another. I now have 5 of these brushes. The price alone makes this brush worth at least a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jiasweetheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very soft brush for powder, liquid foundation and cream blush. I use it for my cream blushes and it blends out the color really well. It gives my cheek soft glowing finish without leaving any streaks. I find it much better than using my hand to blend out the cream blushes. The brush is only $3 and the quality is really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought this brush because of reviews here...and glad I did! It's soft, super inexpensive, and I love that it's black and not some cheesy color/design, but the fibers are a bit more compacted down than I would like (I wanted something fluffier since I was going to use this for finishing powders- if anyone has a better recommendation lemmie know). Oh, and I had to cut one of the fibers because it was sticking out wayyy too much...whatever, it was an easy fix...esp. for what I paid.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by hknorrgard

Great starter brush for those looking to stipple on liquid or cream foundation. I have used it for mineral foundations as well. I find it does soak up product quite a bit so I tend to dot on liquid/cream foundation first with fingertips and then use this brush to give airbrushed look. Can't beat $3 price though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KimAtTheDisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this brush! I bought their complexion brush at Target and loved how soft it was, so when they had their online 50% off sale I purchased about half of the Studio line. I would have skipped this one if I had not read all the reviews on MA, and I'm so glad I decided to try it out!

It's amazing how well it works with liquid foundation; I'll never use a makeup sponge again! It did a better job than using my fingers, traditional foundation brushes, dry AND damp sponges. Thought the brush would be too soft for the job or that it would get filthy with one use. Nope! After I was done using it for foundation it was clean enough for me to try it out with blush too. Will definitely be buying backups of this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the look, the softness and the density of this brush, but overall I'm disappointed in this product.The second time I used it to apply powder, a huuuge clump of hairs came out. Some actually clung to my face, lol.
I've never had anything like this happen before. I have many other ELF Studio brushes that are all fine. I'm always gentle with them and hadn't even washed this particular one yet.
Granted, their brushes are inexpensive, but they recently raised the prices of the whole Studio line. :-( So now, in this part of Europe, ELF charges 4 for their Studio line products ($5.60), plus 7 shipping ($9.80). And they never have sale offers like 50-75% off, BOGOF, GWP's, or even free shipping, so you can't stock up on favorite products either. Best I've seen is 20% off any lip product...
So... all in all I guess I expected a bit better than this.
Honestly, I probably would have been more forgiving had I been able to get this brush for $1.50, or even $3, like many other reviewers.
UPDATE 1: ok, this brush continues to shed heavily. Every morning, after I have (gently!) swirled my pressed powder with it, a bunch of fibers sticks up and comes out. At this rate it will probably take a few weeks before all that's left of it is a fan brush, lol. And all that *I'm* left with, will be a full beard. ;-)
UPDATE 2: after a few weeks the shedding did stop, so I'm finally enjoying using this brush. I now use it to apply my SuperStay 24h liquid foundation. It gives me the most amazing natural finish. :-)
Still one lippie off for the outrageous shedding, but other than that it's fabulous! Soft, dense, fluffy: amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xmhacster08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own two of this brush. It's really dense and soft! I use it to apply liquid and mineral foundation which makes the overall results amazing. It's a flat top brush so you can also use it to stipple the foundation for an airbrush effect. For $3 you can't really go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Demi12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush! It blends my liquid foundation wonderfully. I also love that it is only $3! This is my go to brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Such a dense and soft brush! It's very nice for applying various mediums.

And the price? Blows my mind haha the constantly have sales too whee!

For those who are worrying exactly what it is,

It's basically a flat top kabuki brush with a long handle.

It also uses synthetic fibers, which I find more hygienic.