December 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I recently bought two of these brushes and they are the first brushes I've owned in the E.L.F. Studio line. I'm very impressed. I like the sleek look and the length of the handle and the compact, soft hairs. I use mine for powder foundation and powder blush and it does a wonderful job of blending. I didn't realize it could be used for liquid foundation, but after reading the reviews here, I'm going to try it and see if it is as good as my skunk brush. I'm now hooked on the Studio brushes and hope to purchase more in the future.
Edit: I tried the brush to stipple my Revlon Colorstay foundation and it's perfect!!!!! It delivers an airbrushed, perfect finish. Unlike my old Sigma skunk brush, the ELF brush doesn't suck up foundation, so I use less foundation and the brush stays clean longer. I'm also using another ELF flat top powder brush to stipple my powder blush and it leaves a natural finish. I'm in love with this brush!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nanaisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush was just okay for me. I used this brush for the first time since I bought it two months ago when ELF had their 60% off sale for their 7th anniversary; so I paid only 1.20 for the brush. There are pro's and cons to this brush.

Pros
It's extremely affordable (especially if you get them on sale)
It's very soft
Its fairly dense

Cons
It absorbs liquid foundation
It splays a bit when trying to buff
It sheds a bit when washing (this was the first wash; it shed 3 hairs)
It takes a long time to dry due to it's density

I think this brush is a pretty good brush. If you are unsure about this brush (I say give it a try) buy it at Target because if you don't like it you can return it. I did not like it as much as I thought, so I may end up giving to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ladymakeupfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Triple 5 * for me, the price $3, packaging black, nice and sleek, densely packed soft bristles, would I buy again? Absolutely!!! I own 2 and I love this brush for powder, or liquid foundation, also for blush is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with this brush, and compares to higher quality brushes! Good job ELF cosmetics! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

There is not much to say about this brush that has not already been said. It works great at applying powders and liquids, and at buffing. It is really multipurpose and is super soft. Even better is that is was 3 bucks at Target. So there is no worries about tossing it in a makeup bag or losing it. It can even compare to more expensive brushes. The reason i took off a lippie is because the ferrule detached off the handle right away, but nothing that super glue can't fix. Also, it does shed a little, but because it is so cheap and works well it is great to have, and I am going to buy another one (or two).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Quindonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS BRUSH! This brush has become my absolute favorite brush. I bought it thinking it's only $3, if I don't like it it won't be much of a loss. I initially used it to apply my powders, then I realized how good of a blush brush it would make so I went and purchased another. I now have 5 of these brushes. The price alone makes this brush worth at least a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jiasweetheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very soft brush for powder, liquid foundation and cream blush. I use it for my cream blushes and it blends out the color really well. It gives my cheek soft glowing finish without leaving any streaks. I find it much better than using my hand to blend out the cream blushes. The brush is only $3 and the quality is really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought this brush because of reviews here...and glad I did! It's soft, super inexpensive, and I love that it's black and not some cheesy color/design, but the fibers are a bit more compacted down than I would like (I wanted something fluffier since I was going to use this for finishing powders- if anyone has a better recommendation lemmie know). Oh, and I had to cut one of the fibers because it was sticking out wayyy too much...whatever, it was an easy fix...esp. for what I paid.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by hknorrgard

Great starter brush for those looking to stipple on liquid or cream foundation. I have used it for mineral foundations as well. I find it does soak up product quite a bit so I tend to dot on liquid/cream foundation first with fingertips and then use this brush to give airbrushed look. Can't beat $3 price though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KimAtTheDisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this brush! I bought their complexion brush at Target and loved how soft it was, so when they had their online 50% off sale I purchased about half of the Studio line. I would have skipped this one if I had not read all the reviews on MA, and I'm so glad I decided to try it out!

It's amazing how well it works with liquid foundation; I'll never use a makeup sponge again! It did a better job than using my fingers, traditional foundation brushes, dry AND damp sponges. Thought the brush would be too soft for the job or that it would get filthy with one use. Nope! After I was done using it for foundation it was clean enough for me to try it out with blush too. Will definitely be buying backups of this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the look, the softness and the density of this brush, but overall I'm disappointed in this product.The second time I used it to apply powder, a huuuge clump of hairs came out. Some actually clung to my face, lol.
I've never had anything like this happen before. I have many other ELF Studio brushes that are all fine. I'm always gentle with them and hadn't even washed this particular one yet.
Granted, their brushes are inexpensive, but they recently raised the prices of the whole Studio line. :-( So now, in this part of Europe, ELF charges 4 for their Studio line products ($5.60), plus 7 shipping ($9.80). And they never have sale offers like 50-75% off, BOGOF, GWP's, or even free shipping, so you can't stock up on favorite products either. Best I've seen is 20% off any lip product...
So... all in all I guess I expected a bit better than this.
Honestly, I probably would have been more forgiving had I been able to get this brush for $1.50, or even $3, like many other reviewers.
UPDATE 1: ok, this brush continues to shed heavily. Every morning, after I have (gently!) swirled my pressed powder with it, a bunch of fibers sticks up and comes out. At this rate it will probably take a few weeks before all that's left of it is a fan brush, lol. And all that *I'm* left with, will be a full beard. ;-)
UPDATE 2: after a few weeks the shedding did stop, so I'm finally enjoying using this brush. I now use it to apply my SuperStay 24h liquid foundation. It gives me the most amazing natural finish. :-)
Still one lippie off for the outrageous shedding, but other than that it's fabulous! Soft, dense, fluffy: amazing!