August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Jzgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My bleached, fried, dry hair sucked this right up. I think from reading the other reviews that I may have used too much and will alter my application in the future. Anyway, my hair looked strong and sleek...I couldn't believe it! I think I may have to start hoarding this stuff. The pkg ....not too good....would be better with a squeeze top. Expensive but worth it considering I have bought tons of stuff that never worked at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by chloebaker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is AMAZING! I have dry, damaged hair, and this makes my hair super soft and shiny. After showering, I let my hair air dry for about 10 minutes so it's damp, and then put in a drop of this oil. First of all, the smell is HEAVENLY. People have commented on the scent's deliciousness. I usually straighten my hair after, and my hair is SO shiny and soft. Buy this, sooo worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by stacyhigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing!!! Ive been using it for over a year and it has helped me get my damaged highlighted hair back to healthly and shiney again and a little goes a long way so its worth its weight in gold LOL. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sherscha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK. I've been a hairdresser for over 30 years and this is the first time in well over a decade I've been this excited about a product - and the whole Moroccanoil line. I first got it to try on human hair wigs as they dry out so fast, especially the lower grade hair wigs that have little to no cuticle left. Well let me tell you, I've seen the combination of the Moroccanoil and the Hydrating Mask perform miracles on wigs some of my clients would have given up for 'dead'. I am now recommending it to every client that buys a human hair wig. And my regular clients? They love this!!! They love the shine, the cumulative conditioning effect and the reduced drying time (up to 40%). That last benefit alone makes the product well worth the price....all of them together makes this a no-brainer. For my own color treated, 4" past the shoulders hair, it has more shine, more 'weight' like when it was virgin hair, smells wonderful and is incredibly silky. When I wear it up in a twist with the ends out (my usual style), the ends actually are as shiny and swingy as the rest now...not dry and rather stiff as they usually are. My clients even noticed this. When you use the shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis, you don't need nearly as much of the Moroccanoil itself, as they have argan oil in them as well. After two months of personally using these products, I found I need less of the oil as time goes on. Truly amazing stuff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow wow and wow! I really cannot believe how soft, shiny and less frizzy my hair is from using this product. I wear my naturally wavy/curly hair both straight and curly and this works either way. The smell is fantastic and my hair keeps feeling better and better as I use it. I am justifying the high price by telling myself, that my hair is the fashion item I wear every day.
UPDATE: Have had the same tiny tube for months and my hair keeps getting better!!! Love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I asked my hair stylist about this product, and she told me that she had tried it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the Agadir oil. I wanted to try it anyway, so I found a great deal on Amazon. I got the shampoo, conditioner, and a .85 oz. oil for $40. The oil comes in a glass bottle, and has a tropical scent, as some other reviewers have mentioned. I applied the oil on wet hair, and proceeded to blowdry. It did decrease the drying time, but I still had frizzies, even after using my flatiron. My hair was not as shiny when compared to when I use the Agadir oil. I also don't like the fact that the fragrance is so strong that it lasts all day and competes with my perfume. I think I will stick with the Agadir oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kim316

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff! Not greasy, unless you use too much. Only need a few drops to make your hair very soft and shiney. It retails around $40.00 for a 3.4 oz glass bottle. I recommend trying to fit a flip cap on the bottle so if you tip the bottle over, it will not waste the product. I purchased mine off amazon.com and got it around 28.00 plus shipping. After using this, I actually threw my other styling products out. They just don't compare!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I've been using this for 3 weeks now and I must say this is the best hair treatment I've ever used. One tiny drop is well more than enough to coat my entire chest length hair... any more and it will feel oily. So be careful and start off by using as little as possible. This is an excellent heat protector for when you straighten, curl or blow dry your hair. It adds a shine and smoothness that looks natural, not greasy. When I run my hand through my hair it feels significantly softer. May I also add, it smells wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by goshGirL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*Important to note I have dry, thick, curly, somewhat damaged hair! Hence my hair can take a lot of serums & oils without getting greasy looking*

HOW I USE IT: After I shampoo and condition, I towel dry to get most of the water out, and then I apply it to the end tips and to the roots, and run my fingers through my hair to get a dab of it throughout. Afterwards I usually blow dry and straighten.

THE GOOD: Since I've been using it, my blowouts have all looked sleek and shiny, and have felt supersoft. I like the smell, it's not fake smelling it has a natural scent, in my opinion. Overall I find my hair has looked shiny and healthy since I've been using it. I hear there isn't really a whole lot of the "argan oil" in a bottle (which is the actual oil in the product) but I suppose even a little bit of healthy oils is better than nothing! Another plus is that the bottle is lasting a looong time since I use only a little bit at a time.

THE BAD: You have to pour it straight out of the bottle (no squeeze top!) which can be messy and it's quite easy to pour too much out. It is also pretty pricey for me(I got it for CAD 40$ at Trade Secrets). The bottle is a pretty good size though. It is VERY easy to OD on Moroccan Oil. My hair can take a lot of product, and once or twice I've put too much and hair felt too slick and flat.

THE VERDICT: I like it. I find it's helped my damaged hair; it looks shinier and it feels much softer. The price is a bit high, but a bottle will go a long way, so I feel like it's worth it. The packaging could use improvements, but overall this is a good product that I would recommend, especially for anyone with thick, dry or damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by stacyhigh