November 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eiieca

This bronzer lives up to it's name when it says 'tan' however, I found out that the tan looked too 'fake' and that it does not compliment my skin. I have a fair-medium skin so it did not work for me. I've only used it once or twice, and regret buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first box lasted 1.7 years but I just purchased another one. That says a lot because I would never buy a 28 USD bronzer unless it was worth it. I've swatched pretty much every single brand of bronzer that Sephora offers (Cargo, Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay, NARS, etc.) and MAC bronzers as well, and they are all too orange (think oompa loompa). There is no orange in this. I can't see a hint of pink or orange in it; it's just a medium brown color. What I like about Hoola is that it's matte. Also, I use it as a contour so I like the fact that it doesn't have sparkles in it because when you contour, you shouldn't have sparkels in the dark areas of your face. It feels silky smooth to the touch (not grainy at all). Application is beautiful if you don't use too heavy a hand. The packaging could be nicer for the 28 USD but it serves its purpose as long as you aren't dropping it everywhere. I don't use the little brush that comes with it to apply, but I use it to buff out the harsh lines. The brush is soft and quite nice. I even got the Sephora MA interested in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by 1sarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am blonde with medium skin tone. I love the texture and color. It makes my cheeks perfectly tan. It looks like I spent a few hours in the sun. I like the little brush and I think it blends nicely. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HOOLA is a great bronzer for all of you lighter skinned girls out there. I'm a n15, but in winter or when I'm ill/stressed/tired I'm around n10.

This is a very natural shade that I can wear all year round; it's sheer and there is no shimmer. It wonít clog up your skin & Iíve found it to be easy to apply. Now I can look sun kissed too!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I got this in the powder pop. The other two, dandelion and dallas which i like, although i find dandelion too light even though i am quite fair skin (NC20) but that is another review. This one don't work for me. Make me look like i smudge mud on my face, very ugly. Nothing beautiful nor healthy about this. I can't imagine it working it out for lighter skin tone. May work well for darker skin. I may try with Mac 188 and see but i still don't like what i see when i use Mac 168 to applied it on my face. Will update if there is any changes but certainly won't repurchase this individually as i'm not too big in favour of bronzer and this is so hard to blend and it is not at all natural bronzer.... I find Nars Laguna alot better than this. If i had gotten this on its own then it would be a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this bronzer for quite a few years now and it's probably one of the the best ones on the market! It gives such a great natural colour with no sign of any orange tints or sparkle! I think it's pretty expensive and even though the packaging is cute I'd prefer it in a compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer! I use it for contouring and it does a great job!

I did not have the problem of looking muddy, the color is perfect for bronzing/contouring.

The only problem I have with this is, it takes A LOT of rough buffing to blend the color out. Otherwise, it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NC20-25. Although it looks really muddy in the packaging it is the perfect all over bronzer! Its matte and gives a natural bronze effect. It is great for contouring and giving your whole face color on days where you feel like you have no color in you! And a little bit goes a long way so it'll last you forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by prncss

For starters, I have NC35 medium tanned asian skin with yellow undertones. I have normal/combination skin. I bought HOOLA because I was looking for a matte bronzer with no shimmer, and I intended to use this doubly as a foundation powder (as opposed to bronzer on top of foundation).

Here is my rating:

Color 5/5 - The color is a perfect match for skin with yellow undertones. It is a true brown and is not orange or pink, and it is matte without taking away my original glow. Some bronzers can be really matte and make me look dead. This isn't muddy unless it is layered multiple times. The color is better than the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, which can be muddy at times, and looks more natural than the Annabelle Bronzers.

Blendability 2.5/5 - I apply this with my EcoTools Kabuki brush and find that the blendability is only average, and is comparable to most drugstore powders I have tried. This highlights dry spots on my face and requires extra blending, otherwise it can be blotchy. I prefer Everyday Minerals Pressed Powder for the best blending. I also find that the Lise Watier Havana Bronzer blends better than this.

Pigmentation 5/5 - This has great pigmentation and the powder itself is very soft and is easily picked up by the brush, unlike MAC powders/bronzers which need a heavier hand. The included brush is pretty decent for touch-ups but not big enough for using all over the face.

As for extended usage, I found that this powder clogs pores and causes me to get oily in the t-zone. Once I stopped using this and went back to my mineral powder, I did not get oily anymore, so this is something to keep in mind for those who have problem with oil. I haven't got any break-outs so far though and I have been using this for a week. Other gripes about this, like others have commented, are the bad packaging. Cardboard feels cheap and is too bulky. I prefer traditional flat compacts with mirrors for easy touch ups. I will continue using this but will not re-purchase. Bottom line is that the color is amazing but I don't like that it highlights dry spots and causes my skin to get oily.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by zeepeople

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this bronzer. I use it everyday. And that's saying a lot because I don't wear that much makeup and am picky about what I use. I will continue to use this and buy this product forever.