September 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best bronzer hand's down ever.
I looooved this stuff when I was in college I could just pack it on and never look orange although It could get a bit of a dirty look if not blended well & I was never one to blend back in the day.
Fast forward 6 years & I have learned the importance of blending & fell in love with this product all over again.
Now with more of a light hand and new found blending skills (lol) It looks better than ever.

ps. It's a great contour

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Coquii

Several makeup gurus suggested I try this brown, non-glittery bronzer so I was stoked when my Sephora F&F order arrived. Boy were they wrong. This left my face looking brown, splotchy, and dirty. I practically ran to my local Sephora store to get a refund for this junk.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by LusciousLashes123

I'm sure it looks fab on other people but it just doesn't sit quite right on me, looks too much like a 5 o'clock shadow rather than a contour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I hate to rain on the Benefit parade, as I know that this product has many fans, but I am not one of them. On a recent trip to Sephora in search of a basic bronzer with minimal to no shimmer, the SA recommend this product to me, and I took her advice. This was clearly a mistake on my part, as this bronzer has little to recommend it besides the cute packaging (which ultimately turns out to be very problematic if you plan on traveling with this product or carrying it around in your bag for touchups). The brush is of extremely low quality: rough, and instantly prone to shedding, it also does a very poor job of applying Hoola, which turned out to be a very muddy, unflattering shade of brown on my medium olive skin. Could I have applied it incorrectly, you ask? I wondered the same thing myself, so I tried this product again, using a small MAC skunk brush. Unfortunately, the results were not much better, which leads me to the conclusion that this is simply not the bronzer for me. Once again, I am disappointed by Benefit's offerings for olive/darker toned women.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by shells08

first off, let me say that i HATE the packaging and brush. the huge box takes up too much room in my makeup bag and the brush was useless. however....i love the bronzer itself! i searched long and hard to find a matte brown bronzer with no shimmer whatsoever, and no red tones. this is a great bronzer, contour powder, and looks great on my fairest of friends!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I've been curious and interested in Hoola for a couple of years, but I was never willing to shell out nearly $40 for a bronzer. That's Canadian dollars btw, which is a ripoff seeing how it only costs $28USD *herumph*. Luckily I found it on Ebay last month for $25 so I was quite alright with that. Now that I have it, I think this bronzer is almost priceless. I love the natural brown colour--- it's exactly the colour that I tan. No fake orange/peachyness. There's no shimmer either, HURRAY! It's not exactly the easiest product to work with though. You have to be sure your skin is nicely exfoliated, moisturized and matte before application because if you don't blend properly, your skin will look muddy/dirty and patchy. I love to use this as contour and I highly recommend you give this a try if you're remotely curious, it really is worth all the buzz it gets. I'm now thinking of getting Dallas as well as a contour/blush...hmm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by thelondongirl

all the reviews i read about this product were really good,however you have to actually use it to see how brilliant this product is,im a makeup junkie n have tried all the brands nars,chanel,mac but nohing comes close to this bronzer it blends soo well, n looks completely natural.LOVE the fact that it has no glitter,its excellent for contouring

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by oo_mimi_oo

great product. i like how it's matte so it makes contouring really natural and beautiful. also, its the perfect brown color and it doesn't look muddy on my skin =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My favourite bronzer. All other bronzers look too orange, shimmery or dirty on my tan NC40 skintone. This one looks natural and I get many comments on how nice it looks. It is flat, but what do you expect with a matte bronzer? I personally use this all over my face, applying with my 187 brush. I don't need foundation or anything. This makes my face look tanned and natural.

Packaging sucks and the price is ridiculous, but my box has lasted me 3 years with frequent usage. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't really blend that well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As with pinchopeach's review below, I found the colour was strangely flat on me and looked a bit ordinary although I could still use it OK. Such a pity as almost everything else about it is good - colour (no red/orange undertones), pigmentation, soft texture, and matteness. The packaging is inconvenient and would be better as a mirror compact. The brush is softer than it looks, and if it wasn't the shape that it was, it might be OK to use although it sheds a lot. This is a really good bronzer though and I'm disappointed it didn't suit me.