BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 3/21/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Overall I do like this...gorgeous colour subtle shimmer. There are downsides. I find this way to sticky and very hard to blend on top of foundation. Its a mess. That being said I have found a new and better way to use it for me...I mix it into my foundation before applying. It gives a beautiful overall glow and finish...I get mega compliments when I do this.
The packaging is awful. I agree with a previous review that it is unsanitary, dont apply to skin, put on a clean dry surface first. This product should be in a tube I have a feeling there is going to be an awful lot left in bottle that I won't be able to get out and the affects the $$ factor as well

on 3/21/2010 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

love this highlighter, but find it a little to shimmery for daytime.

easily blended and nice light colour that can be darkened with blush and bronzer over the top

Great highlighter. I dont like how it a little brush applicator though, like its disguising itself as nail polish. It creates a wonderful shimmer on my cheekbones. a teeny bit goes a long way. seriously. or youll look like a fairy

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate this product. BeneFit has great cutesy packaging, but quality of this just sucks. It has a poncy applicator (like nailpolish) and you dab it on and if you don't blend properly it just looks like a blob. It's also unsanitary to place it on the face and then re-insert into the bottle. I guess you could just put it on fingers then onto face....but oh, yes -again - unsanitary - you're just recycling bacteria. Why, oh, why - the high rating score??? - when there are Becca PSPs and Dior diamond highlighters out there. Maybe because it's more affordable?? who knows. I still, personally wouldn't waste my money.....JMHO though.

High Beam is a great highlighter, I use it almost everyday and it gives me a lovely, glowy look that looks natural. The packaging is quite cute in my opinion, and even though it's not a cheap product it does last a really long time so it's definitely worth the price tag. I also like the fact that it's fluid, which makes it super easy to apply. Will definitely buy again!

on 3/12/2010 6:06:00 AM

I got this as a sample and I quite like it, it does it's job but be sure to blend it in well as the edges can be quite visible under bright light.

One thing I don't like about this is the sparkles, which isn't excessive but still annoying

on 3/9/2010 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this product. I prefer this and my MAC CCB in Pearl to powder formulas. I think cream and liquid highlighters give a more realistic, dewy glow. I'm an NC35-37 and I was very skeptical about purchasing a pink-based highlighter. Moon Beam barely showed up on me so I opted for High Beam. The pink in this highlighter is not noticeable when blended properly. It just gives me a glowy natural sheen. I actually like the bottle and applicator, I find it very easy to use. I drag one side of my brush along the edge of the bottle so it doesn't pick up too much product. I put a very thin line down the bridge of my nose, a small dab on the ball of my nose, a small dab on my chin, and a "C" shape along my cheekbones back to the temples. Sometimes, I put a bit on the cupid's bow. The key to a beautiful, dewy glow rather than a greasy mess is to use sparingly, layer if need be, and BLEND. You will get an obvious line if you don't blend. I was really surprised at how natural but noticeable the glow was. I was expecting more shimmer, less subtlety, and typical highlighter results, but when applied properly, this stuff instantly brightens my face.

on 3/9/2010 9:55:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I looooove this stuff! I use it everyday, on my cheekbones, temples, and a line down my nose and chin. It really does make you look like a model, it gives you that dewy look. It's a bit expensive but I think the bottle will last a while, since you don't use that much of it everyday.

on 3/7/2010 1:52:00 PM

at first i didnt think it was worth the price because it just looks so small- compare it to nail vanish=it takes 2 coats to cover a nail where as for this u only need 2/3 dots on each side of your face= its worth it and no its not going to finish in the time you think it is...

this product is ok for a normal day however after using it for the first 2weeks i just coudnt be bothered to apply it and blend it ect.. you have to apply/blend in a controlled mannet coz you dont wana get under your eyes shinny with this.... i dnt think its all that for an evry day look BUT IT LOOKS GREAT IN PHOTOS. i really looks like a celeb highlight-do if you do take a lot of pictures i would defo recomend ( i saw this on a friend on facebook-thats how i was convinced)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was the first makeup I ever owned in 6th grade along with benetint. I love both products so much! I still use them

Video Reviews & Tutorials