August 21, 2014 | 1869 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I dont know why but this mascara made me angrier than usual as I write this review. I had such high expectations for it probably because of the many raves on the board about how similar this is to my beloved, yet very expensive Chanel Inimitable. Uggh. I had a few extra bucks and this was such a waste. I wish I didn't get it at Target, otherwise I would have returned it or exchanged it for something worth the money.
First of all, the brush does absolutely nothing for my lashes. It must be the bristles since they are sorta short. They just dont grip the lashes and because of that, my second rant, the formula just feels dry and like it doesnt coat the lashes at all.
Theeeen, the most annoying part...putting that flimsy bendy mascara thingy back in the tube. OMG...the thing bent left and right and I had mascara all over my fingers from simply trying to get the wand back in the tube!
I am by no means a mascara snob (my favorites are l'oreal carbon black and mf 2000calorie) but this is nowhere near the quality of perfection Chanel's Inimitable gives.
Will not repurchase...too annoyed by this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Michelle27

This product does make my lashes longer and defined. A little too defined for me tho and i dont like the fact that there is absolutely no volume in my lashes making them look cheap and fake. i really do not like the brush either, its flimsy and you have to reapply too many times to coat the entire lash...resulting in clumpiness...i am not buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGirl172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It gives me he false eyelash effect. I am going to stock up on this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by meg8708

I've been using this mascara for prob 3/4 months and havent had any problems with it. It goes on really well and doesn't clump. It makes my lashes long and does make them look defined. But not great if you want really thick lashes.

The bottle is really cute. It does take a bit longer to dry so just watch out for that. Ive had too many occasions when I blink and get black spots under my eye (mainly cause Im in a rush or just clumsy!) But all in all a really good mascara for everyday use!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lipglosslover023

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG this is an amazing mascara I personally tought this was going to be really went and clumpy with the kind of brush it has. and i was also a little weary about the fact it seperates every last into little clusters but it looks great and my lashes are soooo long !! I bought both of these today i got this one and the volume one and to tell you the truth the colors of the tube is what really caught my eye. But I love these mascaras and i will continue buying them !! YOU NEED TO TRY THIS MASCARA IF YOU HAVNT ALREADY ! TRUST ME YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MacKisses

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product on a whim. I was at the drugstore and wanted to try a new mascara. I looked over all the different brands and stopped at the Maybelline section. There was a display case with all the newer Spring line collection and there was a coupon for a dollar off "Define A Lash". Now I knew which mascara I would try. I bought it in 'Very Black' and tried it the next day. The wand seemed a little flimsy and took some getting used to at first, but when I used it on my lashes, there wasn't any clumping and it went on each lash, even those hard to reach ones on the end. My lashes looked darker and a little longer, but did not look any thicker. This is a very good daytime mascara to wear. But, if you're wanting those va-va-va-voom dark, thick, false eyelashes look, than this isn't it. I loved that I didn't look like a raccoon at the end of the day. My lashes looked pretty much the same as when I first applied the mascara on them. This also removes very easily. I like the cute lil' bright green tube it comes in, because it makes it easy to find in my makeup bag/purse. I'm not sure this will be my HG, but it's great for everyday use. I'm still looking for my HG for that dramatic nighttime look!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not bad, not superb. it doesn't provide much volume or length, but holds my curl throughout the day. it's a decent daytime mascara, but i always count on my MAC zoomlash for those girls' night outs. i would buy again if it's BOGOF

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the first time i used this, i got great compliments for how long they make my eye lashes look. this is about all it does. it does not thicken them, which is somethign i really look for in a mascara. also, I naturally have very long eye lashes, so if it gets on my skin while putting it on, it is really tough to get this stuff off. It also tends to make my eyeslashes clump together. I do not like how the bristles re flexible- it makes it hard to put it right back into the tube- sometimes it slips and gets all over my hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by coffmank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really disappointed. I really had high hopes because of some of the excellent reviews this mascara got. I think this mascara clumps terribly and my eyelashes end up sticking together. It didnt lengthen or curl my lashes either. I did like the fact that it came off easily but since I wont be wearing it ever again, that is not much of a help. If anyone knows of a good drug store mascara that lengthens and separates without clumps, please email me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by miafarrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG mascara! I have long, blonde lashes and this is the only mascara I have found that doesn't clump or flake, doesn't gather in my undereye crease, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It truly defines my lashes (bye-bye lash comb!) and the rubber brush coats every lash with ease. This mascara does not curl or add volume, but I find that volumizing mascaras are very clumpy. I have been using Define-A-Lash since it came out and strangers have actually asked me what mascara I use. I hope Maybelline never discontinues this!