Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Love this mascara! My friends and I have been using this for about a year now, and love how it legthens and seperates the lashes. This is one of the only mascaras I have found that does not clump, even after applying a couple coats. I have just recently tried the volume great lash mascara (pink container), where it did not compare & clumped my lashes like other mascaras.

I really regret buying this mascara. I hoped it to be good, but it's quite horrible. First of all - it's really hard to put it on my lashes, because the brush is so flexible that it bends already before touching lashes. Very hard to apply.
Secondly, it doesn't thicken lashes at all and barely gives them extra length.
In my opinion it's a very bad mascara. Don't recommend!

This is product is AMAZING!

it works on anyone!
it just depends how you use it.
the trick is to take your time putting it on!
and your eyelashes will look flawless! :]

After my best friend and her mom used this with wonderful results and urged me to try it, I bought some on sale. I got blackbrown, and now I think that may have been my fault. I'm going to try the blackest version of it. Anyway, this mascara = lengthens and volumes like no other. Definitely try it. Plus, the lime green tube is eye-catching :]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the 4th or 5th time buying this mascara, I absolutely LOVE it. I already have super long lashes, so I don't need to volume. But there is no flakes, no clumps, nothing. It goes on so smooth & shiny, it's amazing. I lovelovelove this mascara, it goes on so clean. Defenitely try this.

Pros: I didn't have a problem with clumping, flaking or smudging. Good separation. The very black color is a true black.
Cons: It didn't lengthen my lashes at all. I don't see the need for the floppy wand either. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

No no no no. I have no idea why I haven't moved on from this mascara. I haven't found my HG yet! I thought this would be really neat. Because, of the new brush and all. I was so wrong. The brush clumps with the mascara goo, and it clumps my lashes. I am only slightly satisfied if I apply VERY lightly and curl my lashes. I'm a little disappointed because the brush sucks, and it flops everywhere. This might work for you, but def. not for me!

I got this at target clearance.
This one was packaged with another one eye remover.
And only around 6 bucks....
Now I love it, I can also use this for my under eyelash.

No. Just no. This doesn't define my lashes so much as cake them in a black liquidy goo that I have to wipe with a tissue in order to fine my lashes again. Why does Maybelline have such inconsistent quality in its mascaras? Great Lash is horrible, horrible awful flakey nightmare. Full & Soft is beautiful and better than many department store mascaras. Define A Lash is misnamed and gooey.

I can say this, it's not flakey, but that's only because IT'S GOOEY. Oh, and trying to stuff the rubbery, flexible tip back into the tube is not my idea of a good time. If you want defined lashes at a good price try Cover Girl's LashExact.

Define A Lash gets 2 lippies because at least it's not Great Lash.

This mascara, to sum it up, is a very good drugstore find. It's your avrg drugstore price; $7.00-$10 for a meybelline mascara and I found it to be quite clump and flake free. The lengthening was great in this mascara, but there was no volumizing at all (all tho they never advertised it as volumizing.). The packaging is bright green and really nice, and it's just really fun :)
The only complaint I have is that the brush is really flexible and... floppy. If you aren't used to a floppy brush as I was the first week and a half after I purchased, you are going to spray mascara all over yourself getting it in and out of the tube. There is no need for a floppy mascara wand. I actually prefer small, stiff brushes myself. But overall, it's a great lengthening mascara and def. worth it for the price!

Popular Mascaras