Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/15/2008 11:54:00 PM

No. Just no. This doesn't define my lashes so much as cake them in a black liquidy goo that I have to wipe with a tissue in order to fine my lashes again. Why does Maybelline have such inconsistent quality in its mascaras? Great Lash is horrible, horrible awful flakey nightmare. Full & Soft is beautiful and better than many department store mascaras. Define A Lash is misnamed and gooey.

I can say this, it's not flakey, but that's only because IT'S GOOEY. Oh, and trying to stuff the rubbery, flexible tip back into the tube is not my idea of a good time. If you want defined lashes at a good price try Cover Girl's LashExact.

Define A Lash gets 2 lippies because at least it's not Great Lash.

on 6/15/2008 11:47:00 PM

This mascara, to sum it up, is a very good drugstore find. It's your avrg drugstore price; $7.00-$10 for a meybelline mascara and I found it to be quite clump and flake free. The lengthening was great in this mascara, but there was no volumizing at all (all tho they never advertised it as volumizing.). The packaging is bright green and really nice, and it's just really fun :)
The only complaint I have is that the brush is really flexible and... floppy. If you aren't used to a floppy brush as I was the first week and a half after I purchased, you are going to spray mascara all over yourself getting it in and out of the tube. There is no need for a floppy mascara wand. I actually prefer small, stiff brushes myself. But overall, it's a great lengthening mascara and def. worth it for the price!

well i have this in pink and im IN LOVE.
thats all i have to say :]

on 6/15/2008 12:40:00 PM

This is one of my HG mascaras, along with my Maybelline Volum Express Curved Brush.
This is a relatively cheap mascara - I get it for 7.49 in Boots. The packaging is bright lime green; very attractive in my opinion.

The brush is flexible. I think people exaggerate on how flexy it is -- it doesn't bend & flop whilst you're using it, but it's just not stiff. The little spikes on the lash comb allow you to coat every single lash, even the little tiny ones. I use this on both my top & bottom lashes.

This mascara gives me fantastic length. Let me start off by saying that my lashes are quite short & not thick, so for this mascara to give me great length says something. I usually do about 2 coats, 3 if I'm going somewhere special...& yet it still doesn't leave me with clumps.

I experiance little to no flaking with this mascara. I've lasted a whole day with no flakes, but on hot days where I sweat a lot, I notice some slight flaking about 7+ hours into the day.

Suprisingly, this mascara actually gives me some volume too! Many people say this is a daytime mascara - I agree if you only use 1 coat, but when I use 2-3 coats I definately think I can wear this for a night out.

When I have this on, my lashes don't feel as crusty as they do like with all my other mascaras. I've tried various Too Faced, L'oreal, Maybelline, Dior & Bourjois mascaras, but this one is by far the best at giving me somewhat smooth, glossy lashes. In fact, it beats all the other mascaras with length & definition, too!

I'll definately be repurchasing this as it gives me sexy long lashes with decent amounts of volume, something which I didn't expect. As I said before, my lashes are quite short & not thick in the slightest...so for this to work better than any other mascara truely is fantastic.

ADVANTAGES:- The packaging is bright green, very unique & eye catching. There is also a built in clump remover, which is basically something inside the mascara tube that compresses the brush to get rid of any clumps. I have never seen any mascaras with a clump remover and I think that it is an excellent idea, because it is really simple but it works fantastically. I have never had any clumps from Define-A-Lash which is great! The ergonomic brush is designed for ease of use and it bends so that it can reach all of the eyelashes. The bristles are very thin so that they separate the eyelashes. The mascara is really easy to apply and afterwards my eyelashes do not feel sticky or gloopy, instead they feel separated and long. It makes your eyelashes stand out and if you apply more than one coat they will look even fuller, but to get the desired look one coat is usually more than enough. It does not irritate your eyes in any way and it doesn't have a nasty smell, the quality of Define-A-Lash is excellent. It stays on all day long, and as you would expect at the end of the day your lashes look just as great as they did when you first put it on. This mascara is not waterproof so I wouldn't recommend it to people who cry a lot, however they do have a waterproof version! To remove it, all I do is use a makeup wipe and it does the job perfectly but you may also use soap and water, or another type of make-up remover.

DISADVANTAGES:- False advertising is a pain (the woman is wearing false eyelashes...how dishonest!)

I don't know why make-up reviews always favor Maybelline mascaras. They always suck, and this one is no exception. Clumpy, doesn't lengthen, you have to pile it on. Oh and it takes forever to dry! Stick to L'Oreal or if you have the dosh, Clinique....

on 6/14/2008 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It is a very well prices, ergonomically packaged mascara. The color is a very nice dark, and it really does define your lashes. That said, if your lashes are sparse, like mine - the product won't do much. I'm fortunate that my lashes are very long and naturally curled, but there just aren't that many of them, and if your lashes are similar, this mascara will make them look spidery and spiky. If they aren't, then I would recommend the product.

on 6/14/2008 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE piece of shhht..

i totally agree with other asians (im asian.. anw) out there.. once i applied it to my lashes it INSTANTLY went straight again (after curled) and looked spidery.. yes its defined but whats the point when it sticks RIGHT OUT again.. -_- oh yeah.. a thing.. it makes my lashes looks thin too.. yuck..

good thing i bought it wen it was on sale at aud$14..

going back to my maybelline skyhigh curve..

EDIT:
starting to use this again.. but just to lengthen my lashes after my using my skyhigh curve.. yeh it does a pretty good job at making lashes longer even though it looked a bit spidery.. but thats okay cause i add another coat of full n' soft so it doesnt look spidery.. lol..
and to top it up, i use clinique impact in BLACK to add in a blackish black colour.. haha.. mascara much?

on 6/10/2008 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Let me preface this by saying that I have long, thick lashes already, but occasionally like a little more definition. I bought this mascara on sale, in a package with the eyeliner.

Now, I live in Florida. And I was out during the late afternoon, walking with friends for nearly three hours. Needless to say, I was a sweaty mess. However, I got home that night and noticed that not only was my makeup still intact, but this mascara hadn't flaked or smudged at all! I do not have the waterproof version, either. Maybelline has a winner in my book! I'll definitely buy this again!

on 6/9/2008 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a disaster. I bought this along with an eye makeup remover because they were both 4.98 at Target. I thought- why not? I'll try out both its a good price. The mascara makes the eye lashes look thin and it clumps on the edges. I ended up using a different mascara over it to fix up the mess. NEVER purchase this. Its a waste of money.

on 6/1/2008 4:05:00 AM

I am now on my second tube of this wonderful mascara. I was reading the other reviews and I've decided that it is impossible to take someone else's word for mascara, you just have to try every flippin' kind ever made until you find the one that's right for you. Mascara is one of those things that is very, very individual. So I don't want anyone to hate me if they try this mascara because I said I loved it, because you might despise it. Out of all of the makeup categories under the sun, my number on obsession is mascara. I love this mascara, I think it lengthens, defines, separates, and stays put. I also love it because I tend to layer my mascara over itself, and i find this stuff to work pretty well with that. I would rather have my eyes stand out than any other feature, and this mascara helps me accomplish that. I wore it on my wedding day. Not even waterproof and it stayed just fine. Just try it out and see if you like it, it's a cheap buy anyway! I'm not quite positive yet if it's my all time favorite, but it's definitely my current obsession.

Popular Mascaras