April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MacKisses

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product on a whim. I was at the drugstore and wanted to try a new mascara. I looked over all the different brands and stopped at the Maybelline section. There was a display case with all the newer Spring line collection and there was a coupon for a dollar off "Define A Lash". Now I knew which mascara I would try. I bought it in 'Very Black' and tried it the next day. The wand seemed a little flimsy and took some getting used to at first, but when I used it on my lashes, there wasn't any clumping and it went on each lash, even those hard to reach ones on the end. My lashes looked darker and a little longer, but did not look any thicker. This is a very good daytime mascara to wear. But, if you're wanting those va-va-va-voom dark, thick, false eyelashes look, than this isn't it. I loved that I didn't look like a raccoon at the end of the day. My lashes looked pretty much the same as when I first applied the mascara on them. This also removes very easily. I like the cute lil' bright green tube it comes in, because it makes it easy to find in my makeup bag/purse. I'm not sure this will be my HG, but it's great for everyday use. I'm still looking for my HG for that dramatic nighttime look!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not bad, not superb. it doesn't provide much volume or length, but holds my curl throughout the day. it's a decent daytime mascara, but i always count on my MAC zoomlash for those girls' night outs. i would buy again if it's BOGOF

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the first time i used this, i got great compliments for how long they make my eye lashes look. this is about all it does. it does not thicken them, which is somethign i really look for in a mascara. also, I naturally have very long eye lashes, so if it gets on my skin while putting it on, it is really tough to get this stuff off. It also tends to make my eyeslashes clump together. I do not like how the bristles re flexible- it makes it hard to put it right back into the tube- sometimes it slips and gets all over my hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by coffmank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really disappointed. I really had high hopes because of some of the excellent reviews this mascara got. I think this mascara clumps terribly and my eyelashes end up sticking together. It didnt lengthen or curl my lashes either. I did like the fact that it came off easily but since I wont be wearing it ever again, that is not much of a help. If anyone knows of a good drug store mascara that lengthens and separates without clumps, please email me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by miafarrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG mascara! I have long, blonde lashes and this is the only mascara I have found that doesn't clump or flake, doesn't gather in my undereye crease, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It truly defines my lashes (bye-bye lash comb!) and the rubber brush coats every lash with ease. This mascara does not curl or add volume, but I find that volumizing mascaras are very clumpy. I have been using Define-A-Lash since it came out and strangers have actually asked me what mascara I use. I hope Maybelline never discontinues this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sugarmouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! My lashes are pretty short and lots of mascaras just end up looking clumpy, but this goes on like a dream. The brush gets into every lash and my lashes looked really defined and longer. My only negative point is I do have to wipe the brush quite a bit with a tissue before application as otherwise it would be too loaded up with mascara, but it's a minor point. Great product-will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kablooie38

I'm so confused as to why this is getting such bad/mediocre reviews. This is my HG mascara and it also doubles as a tint for my eyebrows.

I'm Asian and have the kind of eyelashes that are medium length but are stick straight. I recently had my eyelashes curled professionally (permed?) and this mascara is fantastic. It doesn't clump as promised and makes my eyelashes look richer but still natural. I've used the lengthening formula (neon green tube) and the volume formula (neon pink tube) and they are both great. I never use the waterproof version because the regular version seems water/sweat resistant enough, even for my combination skin. If you're looking for super dramatic thick/long lashes, then go for something designed for that. For an everday pretty look, this is the best!

I also use this on my eyebrows since my natural brows are too thin and light. I brush lightly and it works like a charm. Never smears until I wash it off at night and looks like I have naturally thicker brows. For Asian gals with brows in need of a little color, this is a dream come true!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by CuteSweetSlly1

SUX! its flakey and messy, the brush is annoying and it goes on goopy and nasty. nothing positive came out of this, in my experience. i wish better luck to everyone else!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sonia84cardoso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a tough time getting uded to the wand. In the beggining I always ended up by getting mascara on my eyelids...
On MY lashes, it clumps a lot; It seperates and lengthens them, but takes too long to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by hoykirsten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't clump as promised, but this seriously can't hold a curl. maybe it's because i've got stubborn asian eyelashes.

it's good with definining, but it doesn't lengthen or volumize a lot.
eh.