October 1, 2014 | 1648 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by iarhyme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disaster. I bought this along with an eye makeup remover because they were both 4.98 at Target. I thought- why not? I'll try out both its a good price. The mascara makes the eye lashes look thin and it clumps on the edges. I ended up using a different mascara over it to fix up the mess. NEVER purchase this. Its a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am now on my second tube of this wonderful mascara. I was reading the other reviews and I've decided that it is impossible to take someone else's word for mascara, you just have to try every flippin' kind ever made until you find the one that's right for you. Mascara is one of those things that is very, very individual. So I don't want anyone to hate me if they try this mascara because I said I loved it, because you might despise it. Out of all of the makeup categories under the sun, my number on obsession is mascara. I love this mascara, I think it lengthens, defines, separates, and stays put. I also love it because I tend to layer my mascara over itself, and i find this stuff to work pretty well with that. I would rather have my eyes stand out than any other feature, and this mascara helps me accomplish that. I wore it on my wedding day. Not even waterproof and it stayed just fine. Just try it out and see if you like it, it's a cheap buy anyway! I'm not quite positive yet if it's my all time favorite, but it's definitely my current obsession.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lilnodyxp

after i started to use this mascare i've been getting alot of complements for my long lashes. after i started to use it 3 of my friends bought themselves of tube and used it too. its gives great length its just great (cheap for the effects it offers)
most people notice my mascara when im looking down at a book and sumting and then they grab ,e and come literally >this < close to my face and ask "is that ur real lashes!!???!!" and im like "woaaaaa toooo close! and no it is not my real lashes.......who are u ? by the way?" seriously people at work ask me what mascara im using. i bought this in water proof and non water proof but in my opinion the non water proof one works better at giving u the length but it leaks on my lower eye lids... sooo yeaaa i think its well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by PinkPrincess81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had already reviewed this mascara just after trying it out, and I think that I spoke too soon, hence me deleting that review and writing a new one. As I said, at first I didn't like this mascara, at all. I found that it was spidery looking and made my lashes feel wirey. So I tossed it the drawer and forgot about it and went back to my Lancome Hypnose. But recently, that has gone dry and icky, so whilst waiting for my next one(YSL Faux Cils) , I decided to try this one again. And I like it. I think because the first few times I used this, I did what I was recommended by somebody and I kind of did not let it dry in between coats, and it went of spidery, which I detest. But now, I do a full coat, let it dry, then just flutter it along the tips, and wow, it looks great. I have nauturally long lashes, and they are quite full, and this stuff just makes them super long, and thicker too, so that they look amazing. So long and fluttery. This mascara rocks, and reminds me a lot of Chanel Inimitable, for like a quarter of the price. And it doesn't leave your lashes stif and crunchy, they are still quite soft to the touch. This one is a keeper, may even prove to be my HG, I am trying CG Lashblast next, so will see how that compares. This though is better than Lancome Hypnose in my opinion, but remember ladies, mascara is such a personal thing, so bashing other people's reviews is pointless, each to their own. But in my humble opinion, this stuff is awesome :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I dont know why but this mascara made me angrier than usual as I write this review. I had such high expectations for it probably because of the many raves on the board about how similar this is to my beloved, yet very expensive Chanel Inimitable. Uggh. I had a few extra bucks and this was such a waste. I wish I didn't get it at Target, otherwise I would have returned it or exchanged it for something worth the money.
First of all, the brush does absolutely nothing for my lashes. It must be the bristles since they are sorta short. They just dont grip the lashes and because of that, my second rant, the formula just feels dry and like it doesnt coat the lashes at all.
Theeeen, the most annoying part...putting that flimsy bendy mascara thingy back in the tube. OMG...the thing bent left and right and I had mascara all over my fingers from simply trying to get the wand back in the tube!
I am by no means a mascara snob (my favorites are l'oreal carbon black and mf 2000calorie) but this is nowhere near the quality of perfection Chanel's Inimitable gives.
Will not repurchase...too annoyed by this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Michelle27

This product does make my lashes longer and defined. A little too defined for me tho and i dont like the fact that there is absolutely no volume in my lashes making them look cheap and fake. i really do not like the brush either, its flimsy and you have to reapply too many times to coat the entire lash...resulting in clumpiness...i am not buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGirl172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It gives me he false eyelash effect. I am going to stock up on this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by meg8708

I've been using this mascara for prob 3/4 months and havent had any problems with it. It goes on really well and doesn't clump. It makes my lashes long and does make them look defined. But not great if you want really thick lashes.

The bottle is really cute. It does take a bit longer to dry so just watch out for that. Ive had too many occasions when I blink and get black spots under my eye (mainly cause Im in a rush or just clumsy!) But all in all a really good mascara for everyday use!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lipglosslover023

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG this is an amazing mascara I personally tought this was going to be really went and clumpy with the kind of brush it has. and i was also a little weary about the fact it seperates every last into little clusters but it looks great and my lashes are soooo long !! I bought both of these today i got this one and the volume one and to tell you the truth the colors of the tube is what really caught my eye. But I love these mascaras and i will continue buying them !! YOU NEED TO TRY THIS MASCARA IF YOU HAVNT ALREADY ! TRUST ME YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MacKisses

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product on a whim. I was at the drugstore and wanted to try a new mascara. I looked over all the different brands and stopped at the Maybelline section. There was a display case with all the newer Spring line collection and there was a coupon for a dollar off "Define A Lash". Now I knew which mascara I would try. I bought it in 'Very Black' and tried it the next day. The wand seemed a little flimsy and took some getting used to at first, but when I used it on my lashes, there wasn't any clumping and it went on each lash, even those hard to reach ones on the end. My lashes looked darker and a little longer, but did not look any thicker. This is a very good daytime mascara to wear. But, if you're wanting those va-va-va-voom dark, thick, false eyelashes look, than this isn't it. I loved that I didn't look like a raccoon at the end of the day. My lashes looked pretty much the same as when I first applied the mascara on them. This also removes very easily. I like the cute lil' bright green tube it comes in, because it makes it easy to find in my makeup bag/purse. I'm not sure this will be my HG, but it's great for everyday use. I'm still looking for my HG for that dramatic nighttime look!