April 18, 2014 | 1913 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

This isn't a terrible cleanser. It is very basic. It removes make-up well, but it can be a bit drying, and I have semi-oily skin. I like the smell though, and the consistency. It lathers a bit, but it's not too foamy. I would -maybe- buy this in the summer, but otherwise it's too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by POLYDACTYLCAT

I discovered this cleanser a few years back and I always come back to it. I have been tempted by other cleansers when they have a new thing- and I always break out. This has always clamed my skin and gotten rid of my acne.

I used to have terrible acne, some of it cystic. This cleanser cleared up my skin to the point O dont wear foundation or powder.

It leaves your skin clean- but not tight, and there is zero residue.

Im not sure if it will take off todays waterproof- longwearing- makeup. but that stuff is only one step away from house paint so I dont use that type of makeup any ways- when I do wear it!

Angie

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by fabulousgirlmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just ok!! not that good and not that bad either. I have a very oily and really sensitive skin. I've been using this for a month but my skin looks so same as usual. Only i can tell it smells nice and non irratated. That's it. I might try to use Cetaphil bar next time coz has all good reviews so i'm curious how it works.. hehe

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Because my skin has seemed to have gotten so sensitive lately, I tried this cleanser after reading so many positive reviews both here and all around the Internet. I did try the Daily formula for Normal to Oily - not the original Normal to Dry formula - since I also have combination skin.

I used it twice. Both times my face reacted. It stung slightly. Itchy kind of feeling. Face pink/red from irritation. No inflamation however. The product itself didn't leave a film on my face as others have described - or perhaps I just didn't notice. The scent was fine - it didn't bother me and the pump works well to dispense. I had hoped I would like this cleanser as it's around $5 to purchase and apparently has a long strong history.

But I didn't. I won't use it again and I'll be taking it back to get my money back.

Back to my old standby of Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash [that has aloe] for Sensitive Skin - never have a problem with that!! Just had wanted to try other products to test the waters! I should have known better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I decided to try this product because it was suppose to be gentle. I now regret. Every time I washed my face I got this stinging, burning sensation for a few minutes. It was very uncomfortable. After getting the same reaction, I contacted Cetaphil, They asked me some questions about my skincare routine. According to them the cleanser gave me some sensitivity. I now have dry patches on my chin and some sort of discoloration. I have switched to Purpose. And my skin is slowly healing. This is the first time I experienced sensitivity in a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by candyrosepetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! I inadvertently switched from the (overpriced) Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash to the Cetaphil this summer while I was working in Yellowstone this summer. I took a bottle of the Bliss Face Wash out there with me because I thought it was okay at the time(disappointed that the little "beads" were so tiny and didn't do a thing for exfoliating, but that's another review), but ran out of it mid-summer. So I had to buy more face wash while I was out there in the middle of nowhere. I happened to find Cetaphil on a day trip to Cody, WY at their Wal-Mart and I fell in love!!! That has been 9 months ago and I am still in love with Cetaphil, using it every day. My skin has cleared up a lot since I started using it, feels less oily and just overall healthier. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this when my dermatologist recommended it about three months ago. She told me I wouldn't need a separate make-up remover; a blurb on the bottle says the same thing. Not true! This cleanser does a horrible job of removing make-up. I noticed this early on, but I stupidly stuck by my doctor's instructions and refused to use a separate make-up remover, all the while wondering why my new prescription skin care wasn't preventing break outs. I have had very few complection problems since re-introducing Clinique's cleansing balm to my routine. I plan to continue using Cetaphil, but only in conjunction with a separate make up remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

This is a gentle cleanser, like the regluar Cetaphil cleanser but stronger. You must use it with soap and water, and it leaves my skin a little bit 'squeakier' clean than the regular Cetaphil cleanser.

I find this comparable to the Cetaphil gentle bar, with maybe a slight edge to the bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bitsyb89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this cleanser! when i first started using it, my face felt a little bit dry. after about a week of use the dryness went away. i'm so glad i didn't stop using it. the packaging is great. it comes in a large bottle with a pump. i paid about $10 and i think it was well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. Having read all the rave reviews, my hopes were high. But it did nothing good for my oily, acne prone skin; in fact it broke me out even worse! I wanted to try something gentle for my skin for a change (I've always used BP or SA cleansers), but I got nowhere fast with this product. I see a lot of people have had success with this product, but sadly, it's just not for me.