December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lavaberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I suppose it removed my makeup pretty well, but it did seem to make my combo skin a bit filmy feeling. Also, it made my skin feel a bit tight, but not clean really. I didn't notice any difference in my breakouts when using this. Also, the smell is a bit strange. I've never tried the regular Cetaphil, but after this one I'm not sure I want to.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kulsoom7

I usually use the regular Cetaphil. However, I stopped at the pharmacy to buy my usual and it was no where to be found. However, there was new cetaphil for oily skin. I have combination skin so Cetaphil works perfectly. But this new cetaphil is terrible. It has dried out my skin so badly. It physically hurt to put lotion on my face. It stung so badly.
Im shocked since Cetaphil is a great product. But this new one is just horrendous. Yesterday when I put my makeup on there were dry flakes all over my face.
What a terrible purchase. I cannot seem to find the regular Cetaphil. I might switch to Spectro Gel. So diappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jrmint2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin and can wash my face up to 3 or 4 times a day. I can do this with this cleanser w/o any irritation or dryness or itchiness.

The more I use it the more I like it. Its not the greatest for removing make up, but can remove most of it. It cleans out my mineral makeup but not my eyeliner, but most cleansers don't. It isn't my all time favorite cleanser, but the only one I like better is by Shiseido, but its many times more costly and I don't like dealing with tubes and caps.

I also love the pump and I can get big bottles of it at BJ's for cheap and just plunk this down on the sink and it lasts a long time. My husband likes it too as he won't use a moisturizer and this doesn't leave his skin feeling dried out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by soho26432

Quite possibly the worst cleanser around. I have oily, acne prone and sensitve skin. I've used the regular cetaphil cleanser without incident. I bought some of this stuff thinking it might be better for my skin type. Wrong!! Every time I've used it, it leaves my skin so tight that it's shiny!!! But with a light haze of dryness everywhere. It's WEIRD!!! I've never seen anything like this. When I put my makeup on afterwards it looks like a trainwreck. Horrible, horrible...HORRIBLE!! Oh, and it made me break-out more too. So yeah. Awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bizzietue

I'm pregnant and my skin has become increasingly oily and broken out. I've never had problem skin before pregnancy. This cleanser has really helped my skin, I love it and will continue to use it, probably even after I have the baby! (I previously used the Clinique 3-step system and it was aggravating my skin). This stuff is is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of all the cleansers I have ever used, this one really messed up my skin, and I have tried a ton of cleansers. I thought Cetaphil would be extra gentle, but instead all it did was dry my skin so that the top layer was stiff and scaley. It made me realize that a good cleanser should exfoliate dead skin yet leave skin hydrated. This product does the exact opposite: it creates a thick layer of dried dead skin and does not exfoliate. I now want to soccer kick the huge bottle I bought into oblivion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

A very good facial cleaner for oily skin does the job right and reasonalbly priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie012

My fav cleanser! My only gripe would be is that it doesn't remove makeup very well. But I remove my makeup before I wash my face anyways, so I can live with it. So gentle, leave my skin feeling soft and clean. I use a combo therapy for mild but persistant acne (duac in the morning and differin at night) and this is perfect because that regimine has made my skin very sensitive. So cheap too! The 16oz lasts me months.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years. I use it because I have sensitive skin and most face washes irritate my face. This is good for washing away surface oils; however, it does not do a good job at removing makeup. I continue to purchase and use this product though simply because I never have to worry about it irritating my face and I use it in the morning since I do not have any makeup on. My skin type: Sensitive and Combination (oily in t-zone and dry on cheeks), occasional breakouts in t-zone and jaw line.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by danielos4ever

i bought this thinking it might wash my face better than the gentle cleanser did to get makeup off, it is a step up but it has a soap smell to it that I don't like and makes me sick when I wash my face and smell it so I stopped using it. It didn't overdry my skin so if it didn't have a bad smell I would probably use it again.