Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 6/12/2008 11:14:00 PM

I've gone through many facial cleansers, trying to find the perfect one, and Cetaphil has been one of the best cleansers I've ever used. During the time I used it, it did a great job of clearing up and preventing breakouts. There also wasn't a strong scent to it, which was another plus. Overall, it left my skin soft to the touch, it evened out my skin tone and left it looking flawless.

I would definatley recommend this product to others, and I would use this product again, however, it has since stopped working for me.

on 6/10/2008 8:51:00 PM

i use this product about every other day, switching off to use desert essence tea tree oil face wash.
i like it a lot! its comparable to the felling i get from my other face wash, which i love.

on 6/7/2008 5:30:00 PM

I am in my 4th bottle. I love using this product every morning because it is gentle and won't dry out my skin. I have normal/combination skin, and Cetalphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser is perfect for me. But Cetalphil Gentle Skin Cleanser doesn't work for me.

on 6/7/2008 2:54:00 AM

Use twice a day. Have cut back on products I have been using, and now use this to cleanse, along with a make up removed for mascara, Benzac 5% and basic moisturiser. Have definately seen a difference in the amount of acne I have now. Leaves skin smooth and soft. Will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've used a bunch of different cleansers on my acne-plagued skin, and for a while i was sticking with the Dove sensitive skin bar (yes, it's not a facial cleanser, but a derm. recommended it). However, my acne was getting inflamed quite often (not an allergic reaction, just painful, sometimes spontaneously bleeding spots and general inflammation) not necessarily due to the Dove, mostly just the severity of my acne, but I wanted to find a gentler cleanser. I've tried the original Cetaphil cleanser with no luck - acne got worse, didn't cleanse well, and my skin got oilier. So I decided to give Cetaphil's facial cleanser a try, hoping the 'Normal to Oily' description was a good sign. So far (i've used for about 2 weeks), it has been a good cleanser. My acne is less irritated (it's still there - this probably won't cure anyone's acne - it's just not so inflamed) and my skin doesn't get quite so oily through the day. The scent doesn't bother me, but if you're really sensitive to fragrances, be forewarned, this stuff is NOT fragrance-free! It won't remove heavy makeup very well. I have used jojoba oil before cleansing if i still had a lot of makeup on my face. Some reviewers have said this stuff was too drying - I don't find it all that drying compared to most cleansers i've used, but you would probably need to follow up with a moisturizer (I always use one anyway). Overall, a good staple cleanser which I might actually purchase again! :)

on 5/23/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my staples. It is the only cleanser that will clear my face (I'm 19). Normal to Oily is the only Cetaphil that works for me-- once I accidently started using the the gentle skin cleanser instead of specifically normal to oily and my face immediately broke out. I think of myself primarily as having only oily skin, though recently I've notice I have a bit of combination and I suppose my skin could be considered sensitive.

I use it in the shower because I don't like the idea of using washcloths on the face. I'm used to buying from high end brands but this is a great find. I just wish I could find it in a travel size.

on 5/13/2008 4:21:00 PM

After hearing so many reccomendations for this cleanser, i decided to try it...it did absolutely nothing for my skin...I have been using it for 2 weeks and I am still getting pimples on a daily basis!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a foaming cleanser, not a creamy one, so get this only if you have oilier skin. It doesn't overly dry my skin, but it does leave it feeling a little taut, so I have to moisturize, and I have oily, acne-prone skin.

But this is a really good cleanser if you're looking for something to strip that top layer of oil, yet not make you peel: it's not harsh, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone with normal or dry skin.

Also, you need just the smallest amount for your entire face, so don't use an the whole pump when you try it.

I also like the light scent, but I think they could have gone without a scent at all, keeping with the Cetaphil, mild, approach, although I don't think the scent irritates me--but I can see it bothering some who are acccustomed to Cetaphil's unscented products.

Bottom line, I would buy it again, but only if I knew I had access to moisturizer, and I didn't need to use the cleanser every day...a bit harsh for my maturing skin.

on 5/7/2008 10:41:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for a couple of weeks now and it's just ok for me. It says it removes makeup on the package but it doesn't do a good job on removing mascara and lip gloss, oh and it's not a foam cleanser (clear and waterly consistency). I use MAC cleansing oil first to remove makeup and then use this cleanser. It feels very comfortable on my skin and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean but i can't stand the weird smell. I paid about $9 at CVS and probably won't buy it again.

on 5/7/2008 11:58:00 AM

This does not dry out my combination skin nor does it leave a residue. I mostly use this as my morning cleanser. Has a fresh, clean scent. Gently removes makeup though I have had better cleansers than this to remove makeup (Avon true-porefection, Neutrogena Fresh Face Foaming). Contains parabens.