Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 8/20/2008 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i used to swear by this cleanser until i used something else that actually helped my acne-prone skin. this is great as a gentle cleanser if you dont have any specific skin needs...but i need something that will really unclog my pores. i wish this was all i needed, but unfortunately i need something a bit stronger. was also surprisingly a bit drying on me even though i have oily skin

on 8/18/2008 10:30:00 AM

I brought this by accident instead of the gentle face cleasener. This is a good generic face wash. But nothing special. I don't think it is as good as the gentle version. Although it does leave my skin soft i do find it also leaves my skin slighty tight after using it (not a good thing). It removes makeup ok, but may need help shifting heavy eye makeup. Price is good for the amount you uy and it lasts for ages.

on 8/15/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. I'm pregnant and need something gentle to wash my face with. This leaves my skin fresh and clean and is so gentle. I have really oily skin from being pregnant and although it doesn't control all that well, it doesn't make it worst. My skin has looked better since using this. No more breakouts. It is a lot calmer. Last night I had a zit that was beginning to grow...I washed my face with this last night and this morning...totally gone. I'm starting to think that gentle products are better for my skin.

on 8/14/2008 2:04:00 PM

This cleanser is simple, gentle, and effective. It doesn't do much in terms of keeping random pimples at bay... but that's a lot to ask. My face feels really clean after using it- no lingering film or makeup. It does dry out my skin a little bit at first, but after half an hour (without moisturizer) it's fine. I'll definitely repurchase this, and I'm pretty sure Cetaphil will always have a spot in my skin care regimen.

Nice pump bottle , cost for about 10 dollars (bottle is nice n big) foams up very little barely, can last u for a long time, very creamy but dried out my skin a bit n also broke me out on my cheeks i read so many good reviews so i bought it but didnt work the same for me.. just not for my skin type i guess i have dry/normal skin n not sensitive

on 8/7/2008 10:03:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It's gentle enough for daily use and it gets rid of all the dirt and oil on my face without making it overly dry. Oh, and it leaves no icky residue either~ yay. I would purchase this again.

on 8/6/2008 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love that this is a pump bottle!

Anyway, to the actual cleanser, its a good cleanser. Leaves your face clean feeling, but soft & not dried out or tight.

Sadly, this is not what I need, although it works well enough for me to not throw it out. I have to take off a 'lippie' for this & say I wouldn't repurchase, but I would still recommend it.

on 7/25/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay people, I don't even use the actual name brand version of this, I use the CVS knock-off and I swear it's made of magic!!! What began as a cheapie cleanser to wash my face with after going to the gym then turned into a cleanser to wash with in the morning. Then I got super brave and ditched my Proactiv cleanser at night to begin only washing with this night and day and my skin is the best it's been since I can't remember when! This stuff is AMAZING! I actually cancelled my Proactiv Clear Skin Club account and plan on only purchasing the toner and lotion treatment from the kiosk in the mall whenever I run out of those. I have always thought the Proactiv cleanser was harsh but even after I found moiturizers that worked well with it and didn't break me out much at all, my skin still never attained the level of clarity I have found with this cleanser. It's not over-drying, I follow with Proactiv toner and lotion treatment at night only, and then Neutrogena Intensive Anti-Wrinkle cream. Morning: wash, rinse, toner and daytime Neutrogena Intensive Anti-Wrinkle with SPF. Between the Neutrogena creams and this soap I finally feel like I've "made it" in terms of skin care. I never thought a gel cleanser could be so good to my skin, but I think the key with this being less drying is that it doesn't really foam up or suds up much at all---the foamier cleansers are always the most drying for my combo-oily skin. Luv, luv, luv----rave, rave, rave! Gets my skin CLEAN! And I'm not even buying the name brand---kudos to CVS for formulating a fantastic dupe!

on 7/21/2008 1:46:00 AM

I used this cleanser before and remember dumping it as I couldn't figure out what it really is for. It couldn't removed MU, so I also need to use a separate MU remover. And by the time I am finished, I find that my skin is too terribly dried out.

It sensitised my face and stings my nasal folds badly. I much prefer the Gentle version.

EDIT: I find my true HG in Babor Hy-ol. The best cleanser in my opinion. Try it.

on 6/30/2008 2:08:00 AM

I picked this up after reading reviews and hoping that by switching out all my incredibly drying cleansers that I can have skin that is clear of my small and annoying acne. It says "foaming action" on the bottle but there was very little, to say the least--like only microscopic bubbles. The pros? A very clean face. The cons? DRYING. And I have combination skin where my cheeks and chin are normal and my nose and T-zone are oil slicks. So I'm going to get the gentle version of this instead and see how that goes.