August 22, 2014 | 1903 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sparkleshimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My MUST have product. I absolutely love boi-ing as a concealer and in combo with lemon aid I look like all I do is sleep all day!

I have such a hard time finding a concealer that matches my skin and boi-ing is a pretty close match. Never breaks me out, so I think it's my hg:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a disappoingting product. Sssoooo expensive for something that doesn't work well.

To start with, the shades are poor! The texture feels creamy however, I have a combination skin so if I was to conceal a small area that's sort of normal/dry, it would make it look really dry and flaky. If you have dry skin or dry patches of skin and fine lines or wrinkles, this will sink in it which will make it look so visible.

It covers quite well. It doesn't have a staying power and it tends to fade by noon when I apply in the morning.

It is very drying to use as an undereye concealer, it will also settle onto fine lines you have around your eye area.

Will not re-purchase. Its a waste of money even getting it for the first place. Still on the lookout for a good concealer that would conceal blemishes, blemish marks and undereye circles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

3 lippies because it is a nice concealer. It covered my dark circles pretty well and pimples/scars too. My mom kept asking me what concealer I switched to (because she wanted some!) at the time of my Boi-ing use.

I feel that the cons outweigh pros. The color selection is ridiculous. Shade 1, Shade 2, Shade 3. That's ALL there is. I'm an Italian girl with naturally olive skin, and in the summer I have a very warm deep tan. In the winter it is a cool beige medium color. Now, shade 2 might fit for winter (perhaps a bit too light...) and shade 3 for the beginning (!) of summer...but for the millions of shades in between, it just wouldn't work. And I don't believe in mixing make-up products in order to achieve a shade. It needs to be the right shade from the get-go or I'm pissed.

So...yes. Try something else. I recommend Loreal Effacernes for those with dark circles and "diverse" skin tones (and I'm not just talking about minorities). Do NOT spend 36 dollars on 2 Boi-ings for mixing when you could spend even less on one, better looking, longer lasting concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by burkemarina

the only concealor that makes me forget where my blemishes are when i go to retouch during the day. Definitely better than the MAC equivalent.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tinysatellites

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer was... meh. I tried it because I am normally a big BeneFit fan (and always searching for "the best concealer.") It only comes in three shades, which should have tipped me off.

Additionally, the statements that it is "industrial-strength" and "without creasing" proved to be wrong. Perhaps it was because the shade wasn't close enough to the color I need, but the coverage wasn't at all superior to anything I had previously tried. And it creases like crazy under my eyes - throughout the day, I find myself constanly having to wipe the concealer back into its place.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

This concealer did its job, but on some days, it looked cakey and gently patting it won't even out the product. Boi-ing also comes in only three shades, so it's not super customized to your skin tone. I tan very easily, so I had to use it very sparingly during the summer. The cakeyness sometimes enhanced skin problems instead of hiding them... thankfully, I don't have many break outs. But it's not so bad that I stopped using it. It does cover things up, but I'm pretty sure there is a better product out there. I'm almost done with this one and then I'm moving on to MAC select cover up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by MedeaSea

I got a makeover about six years ago at a Benefit counter in Macy's, and I loved this product and bought it. Since then I have tried many other types of concealers because not only is this expensive, but I have to order it online due to the fact that there isn't a Sephora in my state. I was using a Clinique concealer that was VERY expensive but working relatively well up until yeserday, when I went to a Sephora and tried to find something interesting and new to buy with my gift certificate. I ended up just coming back to this. It is by far the best concealer I've ever used. I put a smudge of it on my under-eye area and my dark circles are gone. My skin looks smoother and more consistent with this. I will never try to buy another concealer again - this stuff is well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Valwyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw everyone on youtube using this product. So I bought it for their raving reviews.....well for me it kinda got cakey and chunkey looking....must be my skin type. I will have to continue my quest for a great concealer!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by MangoGreenTea

I used to have this horrible habit of buying expensive Benefit products because the packaging was so adorable. This product must've given me a wake up call or something, because I haven't bought a Benefit product ever since this concealer. Completely fed up with acne scars and dark undereye circles, I was looking through a Benefit catalog when I saw this. Without even thinking, I went to Macy's and bought this.
First of all, there's only three shades. THREE. How can three shades possibly match everyone's skin tone? But at the time, I figured, Whatever, it'll match my skin. I bought this in 02, which is way too light for me. 03 is too dark for me. I've heard somewhere that blending the two together would make a shade that would probably work on me, but who wants to pay $36 on two concealers that don't even conceal? Every time I attempted to blend this, it would simply vanish and not cover anything at all, and believe me, I blend VERY gently. The only way this would cover anything was if I'd cake it on. Yuck. I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I had gotten this in medium, perfect match too. The texture is nice, creamy but thick. The only problem with this concealer is that when I put it under my eyes to cover dark circles it creases like no tomorow. I can have that, so I gave it away.