July 25, 2014 | 1831 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

This concealer did its job, but on some days, it looked cakey and gently patting it won't even out the product. Boi-ing also comes in only three shades, so it's not super customized to your skin tone. I tan very easily, so I had to use it very sparingly during the summer. The cakeyness sometimes enhanced skin problems instead of hiding them... thankfully, I don't have many break outs. But it's not so bad that I stopped using it. It does cover things up, but I'm pretty sure there is a better product out there. I'm almost done with this one and then I'm moving on to MAC select cover up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by MedeaSea

I got a makeover about six years ago at a Benefit counter in Macy's, and I loved this product and bought it. Since then I have tried many other types of concealers because not only is this expensive, but I have to order it online due to the fact that there isn't a Sephora in my state. I was using a Clinique concealer that was VERY expensive but working relatively well up until yeserday, when I went to a Sephora and tried to find something interesting and new to buy with my gift certificate. I ended up just coming back to this. It is by far the best concealer I've ever used. I put a smudge of it on my under-eye area and my dark circles are gone. My skin looks smoother and more consistent with this. I will never try to buy another concealer again - this stuff is well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Valwyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw everyone on youtube using this product. So I bought it for their raving reviews.....well for me it kinda got cakey and chunkey looking....must be my skin type. I will have to continue my quest for a great concealer!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by MangoGreenTea

I used to have this horrible habit of buying expensive Benefit products because the packaging was so adorable. This product must've given me a wake up call or something, because I haven't bought a Benefit product ever since this concealer. Completely fed up with acne scars and dark undereye circles, I was looking through a Benefit catalog when I saw this. Without even thinking, I went to Macy's and bought this.
First of all, there's only three shades. THREE. How can three shades possibly match everyone's skin tone? But at the time, I figured, Whatever, it'll match my skin. I bought this in 02, which is way too light for me. 03 is too dark for me. I've heard somewhere that blending the two together would make a shade that would probably work on me, but who wants to pay $36 on two concealers that don't even conceal? Every time I attempted to blend this, it would simply vanish and not cover anything at all, and believe me, I blend VERY gently. The only way this would cover anything was if I'd cake it on. Yuck. I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I had gotten this in medium, perfect match too. The texture is nice, creamy but thick. The only problem with this concealer is that when I put it under my eyes to cover dark circles it creases like no tomorow. I can have that, so I gave it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

Works GREAT for undereye circles but it's thick and drying, so use an eye cream first for the best results. I use this stuff daily to conceal my undereye area. You'll get good coverage with this concealer. I just wish it didn't come packaged in a pot. While it's easy to apply this way, I always worry that the product is getting contaminated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

[For reference, I have acne-prone skin with lots scars, some being a shade of pink and many very wine-red scars. My combination skin is olive and I am currently using EM's Golden Medium or EM's Olive Medium--it depends on the day. ]

CONCEALING ABILITY
-Scars/ Blemishes: It desn't cover scars very well. I had to use a ton product to get light to slightly medium coverage. If you have scars that are as intense as freckles, this might be for you. If your scars are have deeper coloring, this will probably not be the product for you.
-Undereye Circles: This is too dry for those with dry or slightly dry undereye areas,. It will tug, look cakey, and crease under the eye.
- doesn't last: whatever coverage I had just faded after 4-6 hours

COLORING
Boi-ing has very limited shade ranges: only Light, Medium, and Dark. Light may be suitable for some those who have fair skin with yellow undertones, but Medium and Dark are too peachy for Olive tones. This concealer was definitely made for the White woman (no offense).

TEXTURE
- Not very blendable: after warming the product, it was not creamy enough.
- does not grab onto skin as well: I had to go over my problem areas over and over again to put the concealer on

Though Boi-ing doesn't have a concealer stench and it didn't break me out, I think it is overpriced for the quality. I think MAC's Studio Finish Concealer is a much better value: Boi-ing is $19 for 2.847 grams / 0.1 oz, while Mac Studio Finish Concealer is $15.50 for 7 grams/ 0.246 oz. With over ten shades, MAC has better color selection. MAC Studio Finish Concealer also has better packaging: Boi-ing comes in a screw cap, while the Studio Finish Concealer has a cap that you just flip open. The MAC Studio Finish Concealer works better to conceal undereye areas that tend to be dry or slightly dry. However, the MAC Studio Finish Concealer might break you out and MAC rarely (has it ever?) have any store discounts for non-professional customers. If you want bang for your buck, I highly recommend getting the Studio Finish Concealer. I don't recommend Boi-ing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by tishykitty

Works great for spot treatments, wouldn't recommend for a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jenbrooks

I could not live without this concealer. I have v dark cirlcles and this is the only thing i've tried so far that gets even close to covering them enough for me to leave the house!! I use 01 (light) as i'm fair and it's fine for me. It doesn't last all day, but on my oily skin (and not having found a good enough primer yet) nothing does. The packaging is brill, with a mirror in the lid. It's lasts ages so the price doesn't bother me. The consistency is quite thick i guess in comparision to something like YSL touche eclat which i used to use, but it is 'industrial strength' so it is expected. I use my ring finger to apply and blend which works well. I would absolutely reccommend this to anyone with dark circles or blemishes to hide! Top marks from me!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by resco

Rise and shine! After having used countless different concealers, I can confidently say with much relief that this is, by far, the best concealer I have ever tried. Boi-ing provides a strikingly alert, well-rested look, even if you had pulled an "all-nighter". I have dark shady circles under my eyes as I party on the weekends and study late during the week, and this product provides the ideal amount of coverage I need. After using this concealer, I appear as if I have gotten 8-hours of beauty sleep throughout my week. It is a heavenly product. And most importantly, it is not cakey as long as you moisturize well before applying the concealer. As the concealer is incredibly thick, it can only go on smoothly if you hydrate the eye area beforehand. In my personal regiment, I apply vitamin e oil topically to my circles and then mix with moisturizer. This provides the perfect canvas for concealer application. Unfortunately, the packaging is not great quality. After owning the product for about five months, the screw is already loose, making it difficult to close the lid properly. Overall however, the results are effective and long lasting. Bright eyes come hither!