April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicajanevd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I was desperate to find a concealer that would diminsh the appearance of my discoloration, and so far I am really impressed! I find it works best applied with a brush. I was really dissapointed in Make Up Forever's concealer, so I am glad I tried this. Does a good job of hiding my blemishes. I will probably repurchase but don't think I will need to because this stuff will last me forever! *Edit-I really, really like this concealer! Will buy again! Edit-Unfortunately, I can't even use this concealer anymore, it broke me out like no other. Too bad. I have sensitive skin though, so may just be me. : (

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jessimara

Brilliant, staple cosmetic for any girls bag.
The mirror is really useful, as I don't have to shlep around my bronzer mirror when I go out for dinner, so it's compact and user-friendly.
The 3 colours are really versatile, with most people using 02.
I'm an 02, and I use a MAC concealer brush (possible 194) for a more accurate application. I have one tip though:
When using your finger, make sure your nails are clean and your fingers don't keep any product after application - it's so thick that it can rub off your clothes which is SO annoying!
The colours great, covoured some creases and all the lumps and bumps (included a beauty spot just to test it out!) so I am 10000% confident to recommend it =]

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by skatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried twice, after eyes cream and face cream but same disappointed result: dry, caking, dont blend in and shortly show cracks = ( Average coverage.
I dont know what to do with the newly bought box, definitely wont buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ilovepink82

I purchased this in medium but it was too dark for my skin, they would not return it where I bought it so I had to also purchase the light and mix them together (which is a pain!).

I find this a little too thick and it often looks cakey.

My cases have also fallen off of the hinges (I think it has new packaging now) so its hard to travel with them.

I will not be buying this concealer again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by frauschnitzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a fortnight and I'm still a bit ambivalent about it.

I have very fair and sensitive skin which has recently being wreaking havoc by way of breakouts and bouts of blemishes. I also have very dark circles around my eyes - a genetic misfortune, apparently, and isn't very responsive to creams targeted at under-eye shadows.

I've been using YSL Touche Eclat for years, which I've gotten great eye-illuminating results from, but the price has just become too exorbitant, and I also wanted a product which would make something of my blemishes as well as my panda-eyes.

I really wanted to like this product. I'm a bit wary of Benefit's prolific range of specific problem-fixers, and haven't really used much of their kit in the past, finding their base products a little too warm/yellow. But there's something quite appealing about the retro-themed packaging and specific-solution-for-every-skincare-drama approach, and I'd heard some good things about their concealers' sustainability and coverage. I had debated initially between this and the newer Erase Paste, settling on this because it seemed less gloopy.

This is a fairly creamy product, and doesn't irritate or rub at my eyes. It doesn't seem to accentuate lines either. However, it is also quite thick (albeit less so than the Erase Paste, which seemed to be both thick and rather dry) and doesn't seem to dry/set completely. It does a good job of covering up my blemishes and staying put, and the shade I selected (the lightest) seems to work well with my skin tone, but I'm still struggling to get this to work properly on my eyes.

In terms of coverage, it does manage to hide (rather than brighten, as with the Touche Eclat - this specifically covers up rather than illuminates) my dark circles, but doesn't seem to want to stay. I'm admittedly quite liberal with my concealer, so that may be an issue in itself, but I've found that if I use this around my eyes without either fairly heavily powdering the area or using a neutral eyeshadow base before mascara and eyeliner and whatnot, it tends to crease and smear. Upon my first day of using it, I checked myself in a mirror several hours later to discover that it had melted and streaked across my eyelids and had left a trail of mascara underneath, giving me the fetching raccoonish look of someone who'd spent a long and arduous night in Caesar's Palace. I tried again with less product and a vigilant prepping of powder over and under my eyes before applying my eye make-up, and this seemed much better. The product itself feels pleasant enough - it's heavier than the YSL, but doesn't feel especially cakey. The little pot it comes in is easy to use and not dreadfully messy (I use a brush and my fingertips to apply), but I'm wary to carry it around with me, especially in the middle of summer.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'll buy this again - I'm not yet entirely confident with this product, and don't fancy melty eyes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by h7georgia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love benefit but not this product! The medium is too dark for my skin so I had to buy the light also and mix the two but I find it hard to match my skin. Its too thick for my liking also and the latches on the comapct broke and is often a disater if in my bag!

I wish Benefit would stop putting this concealer in all their kits, I have so much medium that just gets thrown away! Put an eyeshadow in that place instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by angelpoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First got it in the realness of concealness kit, then finished the boi-ing so invested in a full size version.

This is my must have, or HG in MUA terms.
I put it under my eyes every morning to hide any discoloration, it instantly wakes my face up. Best when combined with dark eyeliner and lemon aid to add a bit more to your eyes.

I LOVE BENEFIT!

it's not exactly cheap, but affordable.
what i don't like is the package. it's a twist-open type of thing and when im driving it's hard to put on this concealer. i would have a hard time opening and closing the lid.

would buy a million times again (if i every run out).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use this concealer when I need heavy coverage. Sadly I use number 2 and its slightly too dark if I use it with anything but my Benefit Play stick in Tea Party.

I'm NC30-35 normally and wear NC37 in the summer.
So with NC37, I can use Boi-ing. But otherwise it shows up obviously because it so dark on my undereye and wont blend very well with other Brands of foundation.

I recommend using the concealer first, then place foundation over it if you do use other brands of foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mjools

I didn't like this product at all. I used it to cover my dark circles and it creased really bad. It was too cakey for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by iamalovecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Is it just me or did Benefit change the consistency in this concealer with the new clear small tub packaging? I don't know.

This is a good concealer, its not very creamy, so make sure you moisturize well before applying it or else it won't blend well.

Coverage is excellent, staying power is slightly above average.

Overall, a good concealer but not great. I will look for an alternative when I'm done with this one, if I can't find anything, then this one will do :]