October 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sappphirelilys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love! moisturizes without fragrance, chemicals, etc. Best if you put it on still in the shower to lock in the moisture. Best natural moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by judibean

This is such a great multipurpose product! I use it to moisturize my face at night (giving myself a facial massage at the same time) and I also use it for when my scalp starts feeling dry as a way to keep the dandruff away.
For both uses, I apply the same method- mix two small drops with wet fingertips and apply. Obviously, I repeat this many times for the scalp since there's more surface area- I advise doing this at night or over the weekend since your roots will be slightly oily from this treatment. The bottle opening could be improved by being a pump instead, because a lot can come out at once if you're not too careful. I've set the opening so that it is ever slightly open. Much more control that way.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by smiile

Like all oils, it makes your skin feel oily. Im not a fan of oils, but this one does the charm of moisturizing your face without making it feel gross. I use it when my skin is really dry, but all in all its a product i dont need. As a person who is very acneprone and sensitive, this doesnt make me break out. If your a fan of oils, this is the best one ive tried.

edit:
okay, this made me break out.
like alot. i thought this oil can be different, but im never using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sandradi

I love this stuff! After hearing so much about it I finally picked some up at Trader Joe's. I am now on my 2nd bottle. I use it on my face as a moisturizer at night. It makes my skin very soft. I stopped using it for a while because I was getting lazy about moisturizing. I started using a product that has retin A in it and it was starting to leave my skin red and flaky. I began using the jojoba oil again and it worked like a charm. No more red flaky skin.
I add it to body lotion, hair conditioner and I added it to my Keihl's tinted moisurizer. It really makes my skin soft. I have a pretty oily nose and forehead and I noticed that it is not as oily when I use the jojoba oil as a moisutizer at night. I wash with the regualr/original Cetaphil in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by luminous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

well. i'm on my 3rd bottle, so i think it's about time for a review. in all my years of skincare & after all my experimentation w/this stuff, i think it's safe to say it's the single most effective and important skincare item i've ever used. i have had acne for 15 years or so and during various types of experimentation with jojoba oil, the oil has either mostly cleared up, or completely cleared up, the acne. i'm really happy with my regimen at the moment -- namely because, for the first time in my life, i'm almost at that perfect balance between having clear skin and NOT parching it of moisture! (it's not at a *perfect* balance, but given my history, pretty impressive & damn close).

in a nutshell, my skin is a Baumann DSPW: craaazy finicky/without jojoba oil has at least 2 papules going at all times, and will break out worse if i look at it wrong! in other words: i am not acne prone; i HAVE acne. it has been the bane of my existence, esp. in recent years. (turning 30 a couple months ago and i've been battling pimples AND early wrinkles! :-( ).

right now, looking at my face in a mirror, i have 1 tiny blemish (i wouldn't even call it a pimple. lol) and it is rapidly healing. besides this and a couple teeny clogged pores, i haven't had a new pimple in about 2 weeks. unheard of for me. (i said 2 weeks b/c i had my TOTM & got maybe 2 pimples instead of the usual huge breakout. but prior to that i had another several weeks of clarity.) i'll be curious to see if this continues this summer, in the heat (typically my worst acne months).

some tips:

1. if you apply jojoba oil to dry skin, as a moisturizer... and just let it sit (without rinsing, the way i do in my regimen) it can itch.

2. i purged slightly (maybe 7 painful papules/large inflamed whiteheads) when i first started jojoba oil. they started within a few days and started clearing up within 2-3 weeks. from what i've read (i've read a ton of jojoba reviews myself, lol), this does happen to a lot of ppl, but some are ok from the start. :)

3. i've tried Desert Essence & am now using "NOW" brand. both are great. i think i slightly prefer NOW's packaging though -- it seems to leak less.

4. i would include it here, but my specific routine is really long to squeeze into this review. but please see my notepad for details. (if this is annoying, please PM me and i will paste something in here; i just figured a super-long review would be distracting :P)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by supurge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high hopes for this, especially after reading all the reviews on MUA. I decided to try this after all the home chemical peels were leaving me with clearer skin- but with dry patches, and regular moisturizers didn't seem to be doing the trick. So, i put it on, and went to bed, and the next morning i woke up with super soft, glowing skin. And yes my dry patches were almost gone. Thinking i had found my HG combo, i kept putting it on every night, but after the 3rd day, i started getting pimples. On my cheeks?? I never get pimples on my cheeks. They would appear overnight, with a head?? So I thought I was purging, and kept using the JO. I tried diluting it, using it as a pre-wash cleansing oil, but kept getting the pimples.... The pimples evolved from little breakouts on my cheeks to big humongous cycts....After 3 months i gave up. Now, 2 more months later, i still have cycts, i am pretty sure they are remains of the JO. Hope I haven't screwed up my skin forever. I guess it's one of those things, if it works for you, it would be wonderful you gotta love the idea of a natural oil clearing up skin, as opposed to chemical acids. But didn't work for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mrspaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for several weeks now, & after the 1st use, I woke up with 5 new pimples! I was pretty horrified, but decided 2 give it 1 more week. After 3 days my skin cleared, & after 3 weeks, my skin is glowy & has remained pimple free, and has been the best moisturizer I've ever used on my face. I bought this for $6.99 at Trader Joe's.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I’ll admit that I am both a product junkie and someone who is looking for that “perfect” skin product. I was heavily persuaded to buy this product after the numerous glowing reviews from my fellow MUA girls. However I have very very sensitive skin that breaks out if the wind blows the wrong direction – therefore this product was no different. After applying it to my entire face after cleansing for just 2 days my skin broke out all over my cheeks. I do blame myself – I should have known to not put something with oil in the title on my face. This product never did “sink” into my skin – instead it just sat a top of it and felt and looked icky. I had such high hopes but yet another product to banish off to the product waste land.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by darksidepsy

I bought this based on the reviews here at MUA. It is a very nice moisturizer it really reduces my flakes. But works even better while your skin is damp and although my face still gets a little oily, it is not nearly as bad as usual. Though I didnt notice a difference with my hair. I have not tried it overnight but based on what people are saying I will and hope for the best. Though I wont be buying desert essence's jojoba oil because I feel it is too expensive for the little bottle you get. But I will be getting my jojoba oil from an alternate site.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jardeshiri

OH-MY-GOD. So I've had acne since I was like 13 (I'm 21 now), I never grew out of it. I've tried everything. Proactive, Murad, every face-wash/toner imaginable, I've had laser treatments, blue/red light, chemical peels, Retin-A, antibiotics... not joking when I say everything. (Except Accutane, I'm too scared lol). Anyway, I think most of my acne is oil-related. I read some reviews on Jojoba Oil, and I had some lying around so I decided after MUCH hesitation to put it on my face (the word OIL scared me, because my skin is already so oily). I started using it two days ago, and my skin has cleared up 70%, it's insane, and it's only been like two days. It gives my skin a healthy glow too. I can't believe that something so simple, cheap, and easy is actually clearing up my skin. I use about 4 drops on my hand and put it on before bed. I hope it's not too good to be true, and it stops working after a while... hopefully my skin doesn't get used to it and start breaking out again, that would suck, but until then... I'll keep using it :)