October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

At the beginning of the fall this year, my skin started getting overly dry. I happened to be at CVS looking around at the higher end facial moisturizers, feeling confused about what to get...when I spotted the Cetaphil lotion and cream as I walked away. I'd been having some success with Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser, so I figured it would be worth taking the chance. Since I wanted something more emollient than a lotion (as I already use a very nice Mario Badescu lotion with SPF) I picked up the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the smaller-sized tube rather than the tub.

My skin type is combination - oily T-zone with dryness elsewhere and a tendency to break out on my chin. I've now been using the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for over a month, initially just at night after cleansing and toning. But it is doing such a nice job on my skin, I have started using it in the morning as well. The cream is rich and thick, and super-emollient. After I wash and tone, I apply about a dime-nickel sized drop of the cream to my face. It spreads and absorbs wonderfully and my skin is immediately silky-smooth. I honestly love this stuff, and was pleasantly surprised by how mild such a rich cream can be. I've not had even a hint of a blemish come forth in the several weeks I've been using this. I will likely buy the big tub at Costco so I can use it as a body cream as well.

The ingredients are Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol. Dermatologists recommend it for people with eczema and psoriasis, so it is very gentle.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A heavier cream that works well. I do get some small breakouts on my face if I use it everyday, but it gets rid of dry skin on my face and body after applying 3 times in one day and keeps it away with only one application a day or two. I love that it does not have a fragrance and soaks in immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I can't believe I've never tried this before. I had a flaky patch on my leg, put some cream on it and the next day is was silky smooth! I love how this disappears right into your skin. Not greasy at all. Although I'm used to buying cheaper body lotion, $12 isn't going to break the bank and I'll definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by midorisour

I gave this a try since it's one of those products that are always highly raved by dermatologists and users. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I wish it did though cuz it's cheap and you don't need to use that much product. It is greasy, doesn't sink into the skin. Just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, especially along my cheeks and nose and this is the best moisturizer I've tried so far and I've tried many. I put some on my face in the morning after cleansing and it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day, and after cleansing at night I put some on my face and body before going to bed. It's unscented which I LOVE, and hasn't caused any breakouts. It costs $13-$14 for a 16 oz. jar (wait for the sales and you can get it for $7 or less!) but a jar of this lasts forever (it's been over a year and I still haven't hit bottom). The only negative thing is that it doesn't fully absorb into the skin, and leaves a slightly sticky feeling on my face which can be annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kenka

this is definitely a product made for the body NOT THE FACE, I started using it and it does leave a smooth sensation on your skin but it is way too greasy, or maybe it does not absorb completely, I never felt like it did. It stays on the suface of your skin. Anyway this my experience, now I use it for what it really is a body cream,,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff moistures so well! I usually use the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion but in the winter months, my skin requires a bit more moisturization and this cream does it for me. I also tend to get mild eczema sometimes and this really helps keep it under control. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and this has not broken me out at all. It is not too greasy. While I like buying in bulk and saving money, I wish they also had this in a smaller container so I can take it when I go travelling :) I would defintely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I finally found my HG moisturizer. I have dry/acne prone skin. Cetaphil cream is the only thing that prevents my flakes, leaves my face feeling comfortable, and doesn't wear off when I go to sleep. My skin is so much healthier looking.l can love that it's unscented. It's thick and creamy, yet sinks right in. I buy the 3 oz. tube to use on my face. The tub seems a little unsanitary to me, so I like the small squeeze tube :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by diana7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin and Cetaphil is one of the few creams I am not allergic to. The cream is alot more moisturizing than the lotion and keeps my skin soft and hydrated. In addition to using Cetaphil cream on my hands, I use this under my eyes since that area (for me) is extremely sensitive to a variety of ingredients--cetaphil is one of the few products that doesn't trigger an adverse reaction for me in that area--most others do including the most expensive creams and lotions. The only drawback for me is that I wish it cost less, though--it's around $12 around here. I try to find it in a store brand version if I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by melissav1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I've been using it on and off for ten years--there are always times when I'm susceptible to good advertising & hype and go out and waste a lot of money on fancy lotion only to find out that I should have never switched to something other than this cream. It does a great job moisturizing my dry skin. It does make my face a bit shiny at first and my boyfriend has mocked me for having a greasy face in the morning, but it's not like that lasts all day. And if I run out of body lotion and don't have time to go buy more, I can just use this! The fact that it's unscented is a big plus, too. I