September 3, 2014 | 930 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

Great brush. But the week I was wearing this eyeliner, someone asked why I was always rubbing my eyes, and I realized it was because of this. To test, I stopped using this for a while. Then on the days I used this, my eyes would itch a lot, and get irritated It must be the flaking. Applied on the upper lash line in the morning, it transfers to my bottom lashes by noon. It also does not last on the waterline. I've just been using it to touch up the ends of my eyebrows instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I bought this a while back because my wnw gel liner ran out and I wanted to try something new, I'm honestly disappointed in it. It looks like such a rich black in the pot and its not I need to add 2 layers for it to be as black as I want it to be. It doesn't smudge and it is waterproof (I ran to my car in the pouring rain and my liner and mascara stayed put) I just really wish it was darker once this runs out I'm going back to wnw. I also bought this is the sapphire shade and I just love it so for that I bummed up the points. as dark as the sapphire shade is (it's like a navy color) you can tell it's a blue shade even on my brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kierkieramazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is definately an HG product for me! I have tried it all, Mac Fluidlines, Stila Smudge Pots, and Tarte Eyeliners. I love them all but they all run $18 at the least. The Maybelline Gel Liner is only around $10 and it works just as well. The Quality of the brush is okay but i prefer to use my Sigma E65 simply because it give a more precise line. The liner is pigmented like crazy and has great staying power. If your looking for a more affordable gel liner this is the one to get.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

The formula of this isn't as soft and smooth as MAC Fluidline, and the end result is just the same as a soft pencil liner. Staying power is incredible, but only along the lash line. The formula is dry so when I made a little cat/winged end, it only lasted about 3 hours before it faded and looked smudged. I like the brush, but I'll use it with softer fluid/gel liners. Because of the time it takes to use the pot and brush I'd prefer a pencil liner for this softer smudged out look it can give, or just a real liquid liner for the precise liquid look it can give.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always hated Maybelline. With exception of their mousse-based products, everything - everything - dissapointed. However, i figured, what can go wrong with gel? And more importantly, it is CHEAP. I am on a budget and the choices were maybelline and smashbox. there was more content in the maybelling jar and it was much cheaper.

Ever since i was old enough to wear make-up i've always wet a brush and applied black eyeshadow as if it were liquid liner to get the 50's 'flick' . This has the same lovely effect, but without the smudging, and it's just so much more practical to travel with.

Pros:
Fantastic brush
A little goes a long way
DOESN'T crack or smudge
Not scented

Cons: Extremely waterproof! Leaves a grey stain when you remove it. Needs at least 2 scrubs to remove. I always use oil. Doesn't even come off in the swimming pool.

My only advice is to close the jar tightly so the gel doesnt dry and to wash the brush frequenty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shaeli

very easy to apply and long-lasting. no noticeable smudging even after several hours. love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Would I buy again? Hell yes! I have the charcoal shade, so beautiful. I've had it since I was able to find it in my area, and I need to go get another because I'm almost out. I used to only wear black eyeliner, but this product changed that. I wear it every day, the only time I wear black now is going out at night. This little gem lasts all day, so smooth and creamy, it wears like iron on my waterline! As I said, I've had it for quite some time now, and just recently had to use a few drops of Visine to revive it a bit, good as new! I'd love to get the blue and green ones too. The packaging is glass just like MAC and BB, with the screw top lid. I've dropped it accidentally a few times, no chips at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by JudyDan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great eyeliner that stays put. Easy to put on as thin or as thick as you'd like. Is great for the evening!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by wonderfullyglamorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product, it's amazing for a drugstore eyeliner. This was my first time trying out gel eyeliner, and after using it, I liked it so much I used it everyday - I'm on my second one now! I got it on Charcoal, but it comes out like a black with a SLIGHT shimmer if you look very closely, and I like that look a lot. I repurchased it again yesterday because I was running out, but it lasted me a long time, about 3 months of daily use. The only reason this has 4 stars instead of 5 is because the brush that came with it wasn't very good. I'd recommend using a Sigma or a MAC angled liner brush instead, but if you don't have one, the brush that comes with it will do the job, you'll just have to clean it and wet it a lot. (I would wet the brush before putting on the eyeliner, I found it made the eyeliner more pigmented.) Buy this, you won't regret it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by tarieness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm slowly being disappointed with this liner :/... It's definitely waterproof but BY GEORGE DOES IT SMEAR!! i wear it to school and by the end of the day i have raccoon eyes... when i apply it to the top of my eyes it fades by the end of the day and the bottom could win a i just got punched contest....definitely not to be use under the eyes :/... i'm also lazy with cleaning my brushes so i think i'm going to be switching over to liquid liners now... This just isn't the liner for me...