NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/8/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to pick this up after all the great reviews I read about this product. It definitely has a beautiful natural finish but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has dry skin or acne scars because its a medium coverage foundation and it looks flakey on dry skin. I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing on a regular basis if you want a flawless finish. I've also noticed that its best to set this foundation with a finishing powder as it tends to turn oily. Overall, it has a beautiful finish and its the best foundation Ive tried.

on 1/31/2012 3:45:00 PM

Color matches perfectly - Mont Blanc. I used primer and set with powder, but after 4 hours of sitting at a desk, I looked in the mirror and the make up sunk into my pores and looked cakey. Very bad.

on 1/24/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

At first I was hesistant to purchase this. It's pricey, and I was used to drugstore foundation (L'Oreal True Match). After getting a sample of this (Stromboli) from Sephora, I realized why I hesitated - and why I actually love this! I was used to drugstore formula that never really matched my skin color and made me darker. This line can actually match your undertones! I'm a medium/olive - and this actually matches my olive/yellow undertones instead of making me look brown or orange. So at first I thought I looked pale, but then realized foundation is supposed to match you! Bronzer is what gives you the tan look! I have never loved my skin more. It's lightweight yet gives me coverage for my old acne scars and red areas in the winter. It moisturizes my dry areas, and yet doesn't make me look oily in my oily areas (combination skin). My skin is sensitive, but this doesn't amke me break out at all. I love it!! Like your own skin but way better - and not cakey and clumpy like cheap drugstore stuff. Lasts a long time, and use less then the other stuff so the price is worth it. Only reason it didn't get perfect for the packaging is there is no pump, it's just a screw top. I have to order the foundation pump separate from NARS directly (can't find it in stores)

on 1/22/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Beautiful glow
Does not break me out
Perfect color- Punjab on my yellow undertone skin
Not Cakey
Natural
Concentrated- do not need alot of product
You can use your fingers (which the Sephora MA told me was better with this particular foundation) or I use my SK dense round flattop brush and stipple
Medium coverage

Cons:
$42 for 1 oz but worth it

My search for the perfect foundation is over. Feels natural. Great coverage. I have tried many foundations and this is my favorite for my combo/dry/sensitive skin. Another reviewer said Neutrogena Healthy Skin is a cheaper alternative..may try that if my budget is getting low.

on 1/21/2012 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the most natural looking foundation I have ever used! I have really oily skin so I have always been weary of trying this but I kept hearing so many great things about it. I was at Sephora one day and I decided to ask one of the associates for a sample of it. The sample has lasted me quite a while because you don't need alot to cover your entire face. It has medium coverage for me. It goes on very smooth and easily. It gives the most natural finish and just looks even more beautiful as the day goes on. I feel like I am wearing nothing but my skin still looks flawless. I still get oily (but that happens no matter what foundation I use) This however, does not make me more oily than I would normally get anyways. I love it so much, I went and purchased the full size!

on 1/20/2012 4:01:00 PM

I love love love this foundation! I am nc 20 and wear deuville its so smooth and good coverage also dsnt feel cakey and lasts all day! Which is important as a college student:) I always seem to go back to it after trying about 10 other foundations, def a must buy at the very least get a sample its amazing !

on 1/18/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've used almost all foundations in the drugstore and have tried department store brands such as Makeup Forever, Mac, Clinique, Shiseido, Laura Mercier and more but never have I loved a foundation as much as Sheer Glow. I wear it in Barcelona (mac shade NC 40-42). It matches so nicely and isn't as heavy or as yellow based as Mac's Studio Fix Fluid. $50 is a big price though. If I had the money, I'd buy it over and over again.

on 1/15/2012 10:37:00 PM

I've had this in my collection for almost a year, and I use it when I want to wear foundation. However, I feel as if it has very little staying power - something you definitely need in a foundation! I am NC/NW 15 in MAC and use Deauville. It blends well into the skin, but I do not get a "glow" like the name suggests. Will not repurchase, as I'm left unimpressed.

on 1/15/2012 11:51:00 AM

I wear Barcelona(NC40). I like dewy and light coverage and Sheer Glow really suits me. It's expensive but is such a treat if you have relatively nice skin. I'd compare it to MAC Face and Body with a bit more coverage. As always I think NARS does sheer but buildable perfectly so this can be worn day or night.

on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i dont really get the hype around this product and why so many people love it for ?? i mean its an okay foundation, under no circumstances is it a bad one ! i just dont think its worth the amount of money !

i think i bought into the hype way to much over this product, so i was kind of expecting this awsome foundation that was going to make me look sooo amazing and perfect lol so when i got it and tried it i was just kind of like ... meh... its okay... its nice but not the most amazing product ive ever tried! overall i was disapointed ! i got it in santa fe! perfect match ! i just wasnt fussed on the actual product ! plus after like 3 - 4 hours i needed to touch up and my skin isnt even oily! this really bothered me ! if im paying £30 for a foundation i want at least 6-8 hours wear out it and i want it to look perfect even at the end ! another thing that bothered me is the lack of a pump ! ? so i had to buy a pump to ! so annoying :( but i think i would try this product again because i only wore it about 3 times and then just gave up on it and gave it to my sister, so i dont really think i give it a fair test ! but overall i would only recomend this to people with very dry to dry skin !

Video Reviews & Tutorials