NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 4/28/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my 2nd favorite foundation, after Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. I love how natural and flawless it makes my skin looks. The foundation itself is water-based so it's pretty thin, but it blends perfectly and feels like nothing. It doesn't make my skin shiny or too dewy. It's medium coverage and I only need a tiny amount to cover my whole face. A plus: it does not oxidize! My only complaints are that there is no pump for the bottle (you have to buy it seperately if you want it) and that the colors are mostly yellow-based. I have a neutral to cool undertone so my matched shade Ceylan, is a bit too yellow but I can deal with it. Used with NARS Loose powder, and your skin will look flawless! Those with more oily skin should try the Matte version.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Not the best foundation for my oily t-zone but I fall for the finish every time. As long as I blot occasionally, I maintain a dewy glow. It provides the perfect amount of coverage and is best applied with a beauty blender.

on 4/24/2012 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was not the best foundation I have ever tried. It didn't apply as easily as I am used to with my others. It also felt and looked quite heavy on my skin, I am very fussy, and I want my foundation to look like skin. This one did not look like skin enough for me.
The little doesn't have a pump, you have to tip it onto your hand. Awkward and wasteful.

on 4/24/2012 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I am NC15, and I am in the shade 'Mont Blanc". I think this is a really great foundation for people with dry/normal skin, as after only 2 hours of wear my face was an oily mess! It also made me break out along my jawline, which I was really surprised at as I've heard such great things! Overall, a good product, but just not for me.

on 4/19/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't like this foundation. I looked very made up, it emphasized dry patches, it faded quickly. I've used fingers, Beauty Blender and a Sigma F80 to apply it, but I was never really satisfied. You really have to use trial and error in methods of application with this one (Beauty Blender is the most pleasant). However, unless you have flawless and impossibly smooth skin, it will emphasize every flaw on your face. The oil control is surprisingly low for a product that is pretty matte.
It is easy to over-apply this and look cakey, in fact I wouldn't recommend it to you unless you have really nice skin... but if you had nice skin, why would you need a product with such high coverage?
Make sure to exfoliate your face too, because it emphasized places on my face that I didn't even know had a dry texture.
Annoying how it doesn't come with a pump, but I just shake the bottle well and dip my Beauty Blender on the air bubble that has formed at the neck of the bottle.
The worst foundation I've tried. Drugstore has better.

on 4/15/2012 6:26:00 PM

I tried a lot of foundation, and he is the one i dreamed of.
Quite expensive, but it worth it. The skin is sublimated, luminous, looks healthy.
The bad point is that it doesn't come with a pump, and i can't buy it in store in France, the only way is to order on nars website, and 8euro (11$) shipping delivery for a pump... it's a shame!

on 4/14/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I loved this foundation!! It Really did make me glow and it didn't oxidize on me.

on 4/13/2012 9:11:00 AM

A purchase I regret because of the price, £30. This is just way too greasy looking and looks horrible after wearing this all day. I would say wear it as a going out foundation but I dont think it photographs very well.

It does have good coverage, but its too heavy and looks like you are wearing too much make up. I do like the colour, it makes you look like you have a nice tan. I would be a MAC NC35 and I think I had santa fe or syracuse.

It broke me out as I knew it would as it is way too thick. I think if you had dry skin that needs coverage and isnt prone to breaking out, this would be good. But I am not a fan.

on 4/12/2012 3:11:00 AM

skin: im very pale (nw10),acne prone very sensitive skin,combination-dry, sweaty person

im using Siberia, and i love it.. the color just matches my skin tone very well.. it has a sheer-medium build able and dewy finish which i like.. the texture just runny, non sticky at all.. i've use 3 types of wearing this foundation (finger used, sponge, brush) and the best result i get is apply this foundation with sponge and finger

pros:
- matches my skin tone well
- easy to blend
- the finish just like my second skin, its give natural glow..love it!
- lightweight
- didn't cakey and blotchy when i'm starting sweating on nose and other area
- the staying power its awsome, sometime i've been using up to 9 hours and its just stay in place (at least for me)
- the packing was expensive looking..

cons:
- sometimes its just make dry pacthes
- you need buy the pump!
- it'll transfer a bit
- melt on oily skin

so i just use this foundation when my skin was in good condition

EDITED
i think it's all about skin.. my skin before it tend to be dry and flaking.. but when i doing some treatment by changing my daily moisturize, it become okay and i can use it everytime i want now.. it's no longer moody and i give one other lippies for this.. i'm madly in love with NARS Sheer Glow

I love everything about this foundation except for one thing... the bottle. Now, usually, a bottle without a pump isn't a dealbreaker for me, but this particular bottle design will prevent me from ever purchasing Sheer Glow again. Why? I have had two bottles of this and both of them have SNAPPED. As I screw them shut (gently) the little glass screw that the lid attaches to shatters and pops clean off, taking the top of the bottle with it. The first time it happened I let it slide thinking it was a fluke, but it happened again after I purchased a second bottle. I now have over $100AU worth of foundation sitting on my dresser, UNUSABLE, because there is little glass flecks throughout it.

Now, crappy bottle aside, this is possibly the most amazing foundation I have ever used. It is creamy and applies beautifully. After applying this with a 187 brush my skin looks velvety and absolutely gorgeous! It is not too matte but not too dewy- right at that perfect middle ground. After setting with MAC MSFN it lasts me all day and does not break me out like so many foundations do. I have combination skin with a nose that is disgustingly oily but flaky at the same time and this controls the oil without emphasizing the dry spots. Colour match is great too- Mont Blanc is a perfect match for my NW10/15 skin.

I simply can't afford to purchase this again, but would still recommend the formulation along with this advice- If you do decide to purchase this, decant it into a decent bottle or buy a pump attachment so that the screw end doesn't snap off.

Video Reviews & Tutorials