December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by biliboong

A "YouTube made me do it" but in a good way. I'd been wanting this brush for a while but my Target didn't have this in stock until around July. I hate ordering from ELF online because of the shipping costs, and I don't want to buy a bunch of products just to get to the minimum. When I saw this in stock, I definitely got it. It's a brush that does its job. I can't say many bad things about it, really. Just that it sure does know how to collect lint from to time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE! If you do not have this ........buy it today. Dirt cheap good quality. SO WORTH THE PRICE.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by PussPuss1

I got one of these because of all of the great reviews. I really like it, although as you ladies promised, sure enough the head came unstuck from the handle pretty quickly. Never mind, I just need to get the superglue out.

I use it to put on my liquid foundation (I dab it on my face first in the general direction, then use the brush to stipple and swirl it around. It's great, I'm very happy with it. No more sponges for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by MyzTery2u

My favorite brush! I have a stipple brush but it's not as dense as I need for my liquid foundation but who cares because I have this brush!! I stipple my foundation into my skin with this brush and it looks perfect. I can still see my pores and my skin looks awesome. It does not have alot of excess product on it. It's easy to clean. I can't sing this brush's praises enough. I have bought extra just in the off chance everyone realizes how wonderful this brush is and I can't find it anymore. Matter of fact, I think I'm about to go buy another one now!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by smbetts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh goodness, I cannot explain to you how much I love this brush. Its my HG foundation brush, I use it for my liquid foundation. I'm planning on buying at least 2 more for my powder and for a backup.
I don't notice that it really sucks up any product. I pour a VERY small amount of foundation (like a dime size amount) into a flat dish (that I clean daily after use) and very lightly dip my brush into the product and then stipple it on my face.
Flawless application, I look like I've airbrushed my make up.
I haven't noticed any shedding and I've washed it a few times. But even if it did a little, goodness its only $3, buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MissLoiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS BRUSH ! Love this brush :) Absolutely amazing. I went walking around in target and noticed that they now (i never noticed before if they always have) carry the E.L.F products. I threw away an OLD old old powder brush that morning and decided to just go ahead and spend $3 !!! on this odd looking flat brush (seen flat brushes before at the time, just never puchused one). Best choice i have ever EVER made. I do one light swirl into my loose powder, tap off the excess, and WALA ! A set face, B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is only $3 in comparison to $50 something MAC's 187. I purchased this since I needed a powder brush and I won't shell out 50 for a brush. I use this for foundation and setting my foundation with mineral powder and this works great! Works GREAT with mineral foundation! Buffs everything in evenly and creates a very flawless, pore less matte appearance that I need for my oily skin. For finishing powders, it creates a nice sheer layer. It picks up loose powder well. I like that it can provide a moderate coverage without looking cakey just naturally evens out my skin tone well and actually improves my skin's appearance! This is a multi tasking brush for me for all foundations and powders!! My face stays more matte since I started using this brush to apply my setting powders and mineral foundation. would I buy again? Absolutely!!! I love this brush for powder, or liquid foundation, also for blush is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with this brush, and compares to higher quality brushes! Good job ELF!
UPDATE Since my acne/face cleared up I now use this to apply foundation for a natural look instead of needing a heavy coverage like I used to need. It looks like I have naturally beautiful skin and as if I'm not wearing any foundation. It's so soft and inexpensive, everyone should try it!
PROS:
-Soft
-Not scratchy
-No shedding
-Dense
-nice professional size
-INEXPENSIVE!!
CONS:
none
rating-5
price-1
packaging quality-5
buy again?-YES

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this brush, it is great for my powder, however it feels a bit wonky and loose - So I may need to buy a backup incase the one I have breaks. Other than that, I absolutely love it. Easy to clean too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jellums

I bought one during ELF's 50% off Studio sale and I'm really pleased with it! It's very soft and dense and doesn't feel flimsy. I really like flat-top brushes like this and it buffs out powder and blush nicely! I have not experienced any shedding or bleeding with this either. Even at full price ($3), I would buy this and I think everyone should try it! For $3, you're not losing a lot! I actually plan to pick up another one of these soon too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended me this, so I bought 3 during their 60% off sale.

I use this for dry make up: blushes, bronzer, pressed and loose powder...they work wonderful! I tried it on liquid foundations, it works but not as good. It tends to soak up the product, I end up using more. But in buff-wise and with a light hand, it can perform well in blending your foundation.

It doesn't bleed or shed when I wash it. So I guess it's a hit or miss. It's very dense, so it takes time to dry. I wash mine night time so it dries up around noon the next day.