November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by LAMadde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample at Sephora a couple of months ago and I've only used it a couple of times. I'm trying to like it, cause it gives my face a good glow (I use it on my nose and cheekbones). But it's just hard to get used to the liquid-formula.. I'm so used to putting my powder-form highlighter on with a brush and it feels wrong to dab the liquid on. Last night the sales-guy at Sephora talked me into getting the full size bottle (it came in a kit w/ Hoola, BadGal and Tequila. All full size for $35!!). So, I'm gonna try to make this a part of my daily routine (I'm hiding all my other highlighters LOL). I really like the product and I would probably buy it again (I doubt I ever will though, the bottle seems to last FOREVER) and yes, I would recommend this to other makeup freaks :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this every day for highlighting my cupids bow and also often on cheekbones and browbones when using matte e/s. It gives my winter pale complexion a nice, dewy shimmer w/ a pinky hue.
    Great stuff, but staying power could be a little better, so I took 1 lippy off for that, but otherwise really happy w/ this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: There are many who love this. It is a nice highlighter for those with pink undertones and who want an obvious highlight.

CONS: A tiny bit too pink for me, and I'm N15, leaning toward NC. Was quite frosty and obvious on me

ALTERNATES: Moon Beam is less "frosty." A dupe for this that's much cheaper is E.L.F.'s Moonbeam (not Benefit's Moon Beam). I actually love Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Pen or some name like that for subtle shimmer.

******The 6th pic. here does not really show the true color. The pic. looks way more golden and less pink than it actually is. If the label didn't say "High Beam," I would swear it was "Moon Beam."*******

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by TurboKitties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This my perfect HG highlighter color! It makes me look absolutely dewy and radiant. It does not affect my powder foundation underneath it at all. I love the nail polish-style bottle. Blending is easy- it really contours my face. It makes me break out every time, though. This is a special occasion only product. If it did not make me break out- I'D WEAR THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by jillbax

This stuff is awesome. I kept seeing on tv about adding a dewy shine is the in thing, so I tried highbeam after seeing in an ulta mag. I feel like i have to use it everyday and I dont wanna go without. After im done putting it on my cheek bones i wipe whats left on my finger down the bridge of my nose and it makes my nose look more sleek.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by c1wall

I really wanted to like this product.... I'm starting to get to that age where anything I can do to add a certain freshness to my look is nice for nights out. I have the Benefit dusting powder trio set (the one with the golden colors and the white) and was hoping that this would be a better version of those. I gravitate to more yellow undertones as my skin is already on the reddish side and adding more red/pink can make me look ruddy. I do not think that this made me look ruddy however I didn't feel it was a superior product to the powder trio set that I already have and I liked the gold contrast on my skin better. I found the powder to be a little easier to blend out so that I have a glow and not so much of a sheen. Its certainly not a bad product by any means... It just depends on your coloring and how much you are looking to get with this... i prefer more of an inner glow look... this made me look a little shiny instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

eh its an ok product but i wouldn't buy this i got this in a set, the only product i love is called Hello flawless, its really true to its names, its a great powder foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a 'meh' product for me, and I'm a little disappointed I dished out $24 for it. My skin tone is light and peachy, and I wanted this mostly to highlight my brow bone so my eyes would look brighter but it comes off as too pink, shimmery, and obvious. I do like the way it looks on my cheeks and nose, however--I dab just a little on my cheekbones and down the center of my nose for a natural glow, then add blush on top.

Although you get a lot of product, it's still not worth the price, in my opinion. I'll be on the lookout for another brow bone highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by desouterj

I bought this product as part of the Benefit Bestsellers To Go set. This was the only good product in the set, though I am sure I can find a better product at a better price elsewhere.

This highlighting product does give a sheer shimmer highlight, which I like. For anyone looking for something substantial, look elsewhere. This produces a dewy look, so it is recommended for more mature makeup looks.

I would recommend that you try the product out in a Sephora, Benefit or other store that carries this line before investing $24 plus tax.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is such a nice highlighter. For the longest time, I stayed away from liquid highlighters because I wear powder and imagined putting anything on top of it would cake and smudge- but not this beauty! I received a mini tube of this in a swap, and I love using it after I powder on the bridge of my nose (I prefer a powder highlight other area's) whenever I use to put a powder highlighter on my nose it just looked to shiny and not flattering- this looks perfect! I think I will end up buying a full size of this sometime, though a little goes a long way. To apply I dot this on my nose and blend lightly with a foundation brush and instant perfect highlight ;) I'm super happy I started swapping, I've had a chance to sample amazing products I would have never tried before!