Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this product a lot; it was a great lip balm BUT when I started to use it, I noticed lots of tiny little bumps around the edges of my lips. When I stopped using it, the bumps started to go away. So I guess I had some kind of allergic reaction to it :( As far as other things go, the smell is really a perfume-y kind of smell in my opinion. When it gets in your mouth, the taste is really nasty, though. I won't be buying it again for myself, but I would definetly recommend for YOU to get it!

on 1/11/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty picky about lip balms - usually too waxy or doesn't stay on or terrible colour but I have four of these around me at any given time - one for make up bag, one for my work bag, etc. I love the perfect natural-but-better rosy lips it gives me. And I find the smell very nice - not "fake-cranberry" at all, at least not for me.

My only issue is that if I have really chapped lips, this isn't strong enough (I will then use my Aveeno lip treatment instead). It's a really nice everyday lip balm.

on 1/9/2008 1:41:00 PM

The scent of this balm is just not good, it reminds me of a fake cranberry scent. Any color payoff is soooo slight as to not be significant. I don't see the reason for the rave reviews, it's an ok balm but there are plenty of ok and better balms out there, for the same if not less money.

on 1/9/2008 12:47:00 PM

Possibly my new HG lip balm! With just a hint of color, this provides lasting moisture and protection. It also contains pomegrante oil, a popular and effective antioxidant. Like all Burt's products, it's not tested on animals.

on 1/3/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip balm and it is one of the better one's I have used in a while and for the price I think its a great product. It adds a slight color to your lips and after applied last a considerable amount of time. I did not experience any type of break-outs or any other issues and personally prefer the Burt Bee's w/pomegranate over other BBs lip balms. It also moisturizes very well and my once extremely dry lips are now in much better shape.

on 1/3/2008 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have used the standard Burt's Bees lipbalm stick for years, but I figured something gentler (read: less invigorating) and w/ pomegranate (read: antioxidant powerhouse) was a great idea.

However, I broke out in zits all around my mouth. I thought it was a coincidence, but I discontinued use until they cleared up. When I tried it again, the zits returned. I do have rosacea, but I've always been able to use the regular Burt's Bees (w/ peppermint oil) on my lips so I didn't expect to have any problems since my lips have appeared to be my rosacea-free zone. Well, so much for that... continued >>

on 1/2/2008 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The smell is divine, but it actually made my lips drier and chapped. It also crumbles on the sides and small chunks of the lip balm falls off.

on 12/31/2007 4:57:00 PM

What a disappointment.

I bought this because of all the rave reviews I read here.

First, the smell - a really overpowering, fake honey smell.

Then, it does not moisturize my lips, they actually seem drier after using this!

I was hoping for a pomegranate smell and glossy moisturizing.

Oh well, back to Juicy Tubes for gloss and moisture, and for heavy-duty moisturizing during the night, Bepanthen salve.

I so wanted to like this!!

on 12/31/2007 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! It is my favorite lip balm besides original cherry chapstick. Very very moisturizing with a nice scent and good ingredients. I've tried the original lip balm and the lip gloss by burts bees and didnt like either..but this one is so good! It leaves a little pink tint on lips with a slightly glossy finish and really does its job. My boyfriend commented on the scent right when I opened the cap! I will always use this =)

on 12/28/2007 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't say it's the most amazing lip balm I've ever used, but I do like it, it's very smooth. I wouldn't say it has the most amazing moisturizing properties in the world, but it is moisturizing. There are probably other lip balms I'd suggest before this, but all in all I'd say go ahead and give it a try.

Popular Lip Treatments