Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 1/20/2008 8:16:00 PM

I was walking through the local CVS one evening and realized I "needed" a new lipbalm, and waltzed over to Burt's Bees. I do not like their original formula because of the mint smell, so I chose the Pomegranate Oil formula. I am so glad I did. It moisturizes very well and makes my lips appear plumper. The packaging is convenient and cute with the cheery, red cap. I love the smell, though at times it can be a bit strong. It's not terrible, but smells a bit like a cocktail. I will definitely be repurchasing, I love it that much.

on 1/19/2008 11:56:00 PM

I bought this stuff today when I got to work because I left my trusty lip balm at home. This was the only cruelty free lip balm they had, so I didn't have much of a choice. I read the ingredients and didn't see any menthol, so I thought it might be okay. Boy, was I wrong!!! The smell is horrible. It smells like cherry menthol cough drops... which makes me ill. The consistancy is okay, not too waxy. I just can't get over them smell.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't bad, but it's not very moisturizing for me. I do love the scent, though.

on 1/13/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Strange scent. Not fruity as I expected. Instead it's very herbal and spicy--not baked goods spicy, but rosemary/sage spicy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this product a lot; it was a great lip balm BUT when I started to use it, I noticed lots of tiny little bumps around the edges of my lips. When I stopped using it, the bumps started to go away. So I guess I had some kind of allergic reaction to it :( As far as other things go, the smell is really a perfume-y kind of smell in my opinion. When it gets in your mouth, the taste is really nasty, though. I won't be buying it again for myself, but I would definetly recommend for YOU to get it!

on 1/11/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty picky about lip balms - usually too waxy or doesn't stay on or terrible colour but I have four of these around me at any given time - one for make up bag, one for my work bag, etc. I love the perfect natural-but-better rosy lips it gives me. And I find the smell very nice - not "fake-cranberry" at all, at least not for me.

My only issue is that if I have really chapped lips, this isn't strong enough (I will then use my Aveeno lip treatment instead). It's a really nice everyday lip balm.

on 1/9/2008 1:41:00 PM

The scent of this balm is just not good, it reminds me of a fake cranberry scent. Any color payoff is soooo slight as to not be significant. I don't see the reason for the rave reviews, it's an ok balm but there are plenty of ok and better balms out there, for the same if not less money.

on 1/9/2008 12:47:00 PM

Possibly my new HG lip balm! With just a hint of color, this provides lasting moisture and protection. It also contains pomegrante oil, a popular and effective antioxidant. Like all Burt's products, it's not tested on animals.

on 1/3/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip balm and it is one of the better one's I have used in a while and for the price I think its a great product. It adds a slight color to your lips and after applied last a considerable amount of time. I did not experience any type of break-outs or any other issues and personally prefer the Burt Bee's w/pomegranate over other BBs lip balms. It also moisturizes very well and my once extremely dry lips are now in much better shape.

on 1/3/2008 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have used the standard Burt's Bees lipbalm stick for years, but I figured something gentler (read: less invigorating) and w/ pomegranate (read: antioxidant powerhouse) was a great idea.

However, I broke out in zits all around my mouth. I thought it was a coincidence, but I discontinued use until they cleared up. When I tried it again, the zits returned. I do have rosacea, but I've always been able to use the regular Burt's Bees (w/ peppermint oil) on my lips so I didn't expect to have any problems since my lips have appeared to be my rosacea-free zone. Well, so much for that... continued >>

Popular Lip Treatments