October 25, 2014 | 1472 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This tastes absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to moisturize my lips well in this colder weather. A few minutes after I apply it, my lips feel parched again. Although it is a bright red that looks gorgeous in the tube, it does not really impart any color to the lips. When I test it on my hand, there is no noticeable pink or red stain at all, and I notice none on my lips when I apply it. I still use this because of the luscious taste and it is better than nothing when my lips are dry, but honestly, Chapstick makes my lips feel a whole lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lippylove

I LOVE this, I went through the entire tube in about a month :)
It's so perfect for wearing to school because it's slightly glossy, moisturizing, and has the perfect amount of color, so it looks completely natural. It's not my favorite product for moisture, but during the day it's good to protect my lips from wind and cold. Every time I put this on it gives my face a little boost, I always make sure I have a tube around.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by skippy_gayle

this is probably one of the worst balms ive ever used, and it being burt's bees, i expected more out of it. the smell is horrid, i dont detect a fruity pomegranate scent whatsoever. it smells herbal'y and nearly gives me a headache. it doesnt smooth on nicely and it leaves my lips feeling smothered and dry. terrible product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by navarre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great. I live in ohio and the winters are brutal, but quick applications of this throughout the day keep my lips soft. Plus, with the little hint of color it has it looks nice under any lipstick or gloss. Not sticky or too slick. And the price? Can't beat it! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

Not bad at all--smelled oddly of ginger in the tube, but smelled kind of sweet and juicy once I applied it on my lips (although it had no actual flavor) It also left a very subtle hint of color on my lips which is nice, especially in the dead of winter. Took off one lippy because the lasting power wasn't that great but no chief complaints for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by hulagal36

Hmm. Not to fond of this lip balm b/c I do not like the fragrance and it leaves my lips feeling a little too greasy. I personally prefer the original Burt's Bees. I like the mintly tingle and fragrance of the original, not this nauseating smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by pandabee

This is by far the best Burt's Bee's lip balms. In fact, now that I've discovered it, I find that I cannot go without it. I am sensitive to petroleum based balms, so I've been using the original Burt's Bee's balm for years.

The pomegranate balm has a fruity almost spicy scent, which I adore. (For the record, I despise most of Burt's Bee's products, as I find that they smell too herbal and ointment-like. Not this!) It also goes on pinky-clear and adds a natural, non-gloss shine.

It is extremely moisturizing and like the honey formula, I find it much better than the original formula. (The peppermint oil is drying.) Unlike the honey formula, this does not have a weird lumpy texture and sickeningly sweet smell.

Simply refreshing and moisturizing, I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sdmiller

I THOUGHT I was a devoted fan of the original because I love the refreshing, minty tingle. But this replenishing balm hydrates so much better! I find that I don't have to apply the replenishing balm as often as I did the original. Previously, I tried the honey balm and hated the texture and the smell, so I was VERY hesitant to purchase this one. I didn't want another disappointment. But the smell of this is light and fruity. It glides on easily and leaves your lips super moist and shiny! I feel like I'm cheating on my original! I'm definitely trading up the replenishing for now ... at least through the winter. Maybe in the summer I can revisit the cooling effects of the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 8:55:00 AM More reviews by bududaddy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have several Burt's Bees products and enjoy most of them. I like the original lip balm, but not so much the strong peppermint. This lip balm I purchased to wear at night so the smell wouldn't be irritating and to give my lips extra moisture. This is my new favorite lip balm! The scent is light and pleasant and fades pretty fast. I woke up this morning and my lips were so soft and smooth. My lips are naturally full, but this plumped them up nicely. The only drawback I've found is that I need to reapply often during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by corrinetam

Mmmmm, this stuff is so yummy! I am addicted to the sweet berry flavour and apply this stuff obsessively all day. It leaves my lips soft all day!