April 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked jar of creams because they travel well and I don't worry about leaks. I would have never purchased Nivea Creme if it wasn't for this board. I was finding that my legs were becoming more dry. At night they would itch after I shaved my legs and nothing but hydrocortisone cream would help. Now I use Nivea creme in the blue jar and my legs aren't breaking out in bumps and itchy. Love the consistency. It thick and white, but spread nicely. You can tell it's acting as a moisture barrier as well as moisturiziing. Not greasy. Smells clean but doesn't conflict with my fragrances. Edit: Starting to use on my face, and loving it still.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A perfect hand cream. It's cheap, and handy. I hate the packaging and the fragrence.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by devoureddreams

I really wanted to like this cream, considering all the rave reviews about this product- plus it was really cheap. However, this Nivea Cream did not work for me. It was really thick, and just sits on my face like shiny wax. There was no moisture, and the only thing it gave me was skin irritation. After giving this a try for three days, I knew my cheeks were not happy, and caused me to dry out with redness.
BTW, the packaging is awful. The tin makes it completely unsanitary b/c when I dropped this cream on the flour- with the lid open- it was filled with hair, dirt, and other nasty things I don't want on my face. It would be better if this cream has a pump-lid so the cream will not be easily expose to dirty things.
I hate to give this a one lippie on my first review. Poo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really don't understand what all the hype is with this product.

I tried using it on both my face and my body. It is way too thick and greasy and feels uncomfortable on the skin. As far as effectiveness as a moisturizer, I felt it was average.

Caused minor breakouts

I will not repurchase due to the waxy/oily/thick feeling of the creme. Could never wear this during the day and tried to tolerate it for a week at night. I gave it a fair shot but it was a dissapointment. Good thing it wasn't expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Nyr

When I use this stuff, i'm not able to put on clothing anytime soon. It seals the skin off nicely but it does take quite some time to sink in completely. Otherwise you get that sticky feeling all over, when you get dressed. I hate that feeling! I want to slather something on fast after a shower, not sit around and wait for it to go away.
It's quite thick so i used it for hands and feet aswell. It's not that great for me, as there are better products for the same use.

I do get the multi use of this cream, but i'm not exactly going to use this on everything..
It does last AGES!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Product is pretty thick, so this works best for elbows knees and ankles. It doesn't spread well enough to use as a hand or body lotion in my opinion. It does work to get rid of dry skin in the a fore mentioned areas. It's par, but nothing special. Mine is in the tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by getyourfashon

this is the best hand cream ever, my hands were super chapped after washing them repeatedly with antibacterial liquid soap and i was using olive oil to moisturise overnight. It just wasn't working so I took my mum's advice and used this and if you smother quite a thick layer on, the dryness and chapped, sore, red skin goes in one night and you're left with soft, smooth hydrated hands.
I presume it would work well on people who have very dry skin although i would be wary of it if you're acne/blackhead prone as it could clog pores?
UPDATE: this is a bit too greasy for me..even at night time. I still use it sometimes but only if my skin needs major major hydration (a lot of the reason I still use it is because I heard it has the same ingredients as Creme de la Mer minus like two ingredients). Its quite annoyingly greasy and gets in my hair and comes off on my pillow anyway.. I still use this on my hands all the time though and it works amazingly for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MirandaJune

This has been used by the ladies in my family for generations...and they all swear by it. I used it as a body moisturiser when i was little, because I thought the smell was lovely and it reminded me of my grandmother. Then I used it when I was a teenager and the mineral oil in it completley ruined my skin, broke out everywhere and havent touched it since LOL

I know it's a classic, but i would only recommend using this stuff in very small doses. I do still love the smell though :P

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a bit on the side with this product. I use it basically to grease my hands to use up the tube. For that it works temporarily BUT used full on my face and body it's terrible. It's basically clogs the pores, is ridiculously thick and is really glorified perfumed petroleum/mineral oil but the small tub I have suffices for hand use when on the road..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this for my hands, feet, and elbows in winter. I would never put it on my face, but for my hands, there is nothing else that can do the trick as well!

I love the scent, it takes me back to living in Germany as a kid. This is thick, and a little goes a long way. It can take a few minutes to soak in, but since it doesn't have any alcohol in it, I don't have to re-apply several times a day. It keeps the dry, itchy winter skin at bay.

There are several similar cremes in Germany, but as far as I know, this is the only one that has made it across the big pond to the USA. This is my HG winter hand creme.

The only thing I don't like about it is the unsanitary tin it is packaged in. I don't like sharing because who knows what germs a person might have on their hands, which they would leave behind since there is no pump or squeeze tube. I'm willing to forgive the fault, though, and keep a tube of some other lotion in my desk to share if needed.