April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really don't understand what all the hype is with this product.

I tried using it on both my face and my body. It is way too thick and greasy and feels uncomfortable on the skin. As far as effectiveness as a moisturizer, I felt it was average.

Caused minor breakouts

I will not repurchase due to the waxy/oily/thick feeling of the creme. Could never wear this during the day and tried to tolerate it for a week at night. I gave it a fair shot but it was a dissapointment. Good thing it wasn't expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Nyr

When I use this stuff, i'm not able to put on clothing anytime soon. It seals the skin off nicely but it does take quite some time to sink in completely. Otherwise you get that sticky feeling all over, when you get dressed. I hate that feeling! I want to slather something on fast after a shower, not sit around and wait for it to go away.
It's quite thick so i used it for hands and feet aswell. It's not that great for me, as there are better products for the same use.

I do get the multi use of this cream, but i'm not exactly going to use this on everything..
It does last AGES!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Product is pretty thick, so this works best for elbows knees and ankles. It doesn't spread well enough to use as a hand or body lotion in my opinion. It does work to get rid of dry skin in the a fore mentioned areas. It's par, but nothing special. Mine is in the tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by getyourfashon

this is the best hand cream ever, my hands were super chapped after washing them repeatedly with antibacterial liquid soap and i was using olive oil to moisturise overnight. It just wasn't working so I took my mum's advice and used this and if you smother quite a thick layer on, the dryness and chapped, sore, red skin goes in one night and you're left with soft, smooth hydrated hands.
I presume it would work well on people who have very dry skin although i would be wary of it if you're acne/blackhead prone as it could clog pores?
UPDATE: this is a bit too greasy for me..even at night time. I still use it sometimes but only if my skin needs major major hydration (a lot of the reason I still use it is because I heard it has the same ingredients as Creme de la Mer minus like two ingredients). Its quite annoyingly greasy and gets in my hair and comes off on my pillow anyway.. I still use this on my hands all the time though and it works amazingly for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MirandaJune

This has been used by the ladies in my family for generations...and they all swear by it. I used it as a body moisturiser when i was little, because I thought the smell was lovely and it reminded me of my grandmother. Then I used it when I was a teenager and the mineral oil in it completley ruined my skin, broke out everywhere and havent touched it since LOL

I know it's a classic, but i would only recommend using this stuff in very small doses. I do still love the smell though :P

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a bit on the side with this product. I use it basically to grease my hands to use up the tube. For that it works temporarily BUT used full on my face and body it's terrible. It's basically clogs the pores, is ridiculously thick and is really glorified perfumed petroleum/mineral oil but the small tub I have suffices for hand use when on the road..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this for my hands, feet, and elbows in winter. I would never put it on my face, but for my hands, there is nothing else that can do the trick as well!

I love the scent, it takes me back to living in Germany as a kid. This is thick, and a little goes a long way. It can take a few minutes to soak in, but since it doesn't have any alcohol in it, I don't have to re-apply several times a day. It keeps the dry, itchy winter skin at bay.

There are several similar cremes in Germany, but as far as I know, this is the only one that has made it across the big pond to the USA. This is my HG winter hand creme.

The only thing I don't like about it is the unsanitary tin it is packaged in. I don't like sharing because who knows what germs a person might have on their hands, which they would leave behind since there is no pump or squeeze tube. I'm willing to forgive the fault, though, and keep a tube of some other lotion in my desk to share if needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Now that I have been using this product (both the version made in Germany - ordered from smallflower.com - and the version made in Mexico - purchased at Walgreens in small, metal tin), for 2 months, I can honestly say the following:

1. love the light, rose fragrance (both versions - smell the same to me)

2. love the hi level of moisturization, does a great job on all my body parts except my face = broke me out - altho does take a few minutes to sink into skin (both versions) I can and do use successfully under my eyes, just not on the rest of my face.

3. reasonably priced (both versions)

I cannot find any difference between the 2 versions as far as performance. Others have commented on the difference in ingredients; performance wise, I can't tell the difference.

Only difference IMO is the price and availablity (again, German version I had to order off interent and got the Mexico version at Walgreens).

That said, should I ever run out of the big tin I ordered, I will definitely re-purchase, but at Walgreens and save myself the shipping. I do like having the small tin in my bedroom to use on my feet at night w/ sox, so now that it's empty, I will be refilling from the big tin which is kept in my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by tanveer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this very popular cream in blue tin last winter to combat the dryness and flakiness of my skin. However for some reason the cream dehydrated my skin completely. The skin underneath my eyes looked like dry, parched tissue paper. All within 48 hours, that is following two applications.

Biotique's Morning Nectar came to my rescue then and has been my choice of moisturiser since the last one year.

Since then i have not used this creme which is positioned as safe and gentle enough for infant skin. While it seems to suit most people, i would suggest sensitive skinned individuals to do a patch test, before application. I suppose the humectants in this creme can be harsh on certain skins, and instead of trapping moisture from air, suck it out of your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My grandma used this, my mom and I use it to, I have grown up with Nivea Creme. It's a thick creme but it sinks into your skin quickly. You can use it for everything, it makes a good lipbalm to. I use Nivea in a tube in stead of a jar because it's more hygienic but you can't get the tubes everywhere so I switch up with the jars. The smell is a typical Nivea smell, soft clean and a little bit lemony. It's perfect for dry skin.