September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Flippit

I've only tried the edt and would like to try different concentrations of this. The edt starts out VERY sharp on me. I dabbed some onto my wrist, sniffed, and my nose and throat actually stung. This lasts for about 20 minutes and then there's a lovely, soft, ambery floral. It smells refined, unpretentious, and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2005 1:11:00 AM More reviews by megabit15

I have had a a tendency to switch fragrances every two years or so for the past 20 years (fragrance junkie - you should see my incense collection) I have switched every 2 years until I switched to this. It is my everyday fragrance for - I don't know - 5 years? It never smells alcoholy - just soft, feminine, classy and sexy, sweet and spicy at the same time. Haven't gotten sick of it yet! It's truly a classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by hollywoodgurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

The bottle alone is the very epitome of elegance and sophistication; a true classic fragrance. While Chanel No 5 isn't my all time favorite, it is one of those timeless perfumes that never go out of style and that linger long after the scent is first spritzed on. Although I prefer Coco, Allure and Chance, I will always wear this fragrance and it will never be discontinued of that you can be sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 10:32:00 PM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fragrance is such an incredibly difficult thing for me to review, as I'm not well-versed in "fragrance-speak" -- I don't know top notes from dry downs, so all I can offer are my personal thoughts on a personal subject. Take it for what it's worth.I bought my very first bottle of Chanel No. 5 when I was 19 years old and in college. I thought it was THE most sophisticated scent I'd ever worn, and it made me feel worldly and elegant. Amazing what a scented liquid in a pretty bottle can do for a person, isn't it?I don't know what made this call out to me again after all these years, but I recently bought another bottle of the EDT, and all of a sudden, I'm worldly, sophisticated, and elegant again, instead of a 9-months-pregnant mom of 3 living in a chaotic suburban environment LOL.As I said, it's amazing what a scented liquid in a pretty bottle can do for a person ;-) ... continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Sex_Kitten

I have mixed feelings on this, it's not my fave fragrance but I think it's really sophisticated and the bottle is quite glamourous, it does have that clean soapy scent which I'm not to keen on but I would make an exception for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by sarahelaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I love this scent. I've never gotten so many compliments on how nice I smell than when wearing this. I guess with my body chemistry, it gets a little spicy and exotic instead of super soft and floral. I don't think it's too "old" of a scent and it doesn't remind me of the elderly at all like some people have implied, but that just might be because all of the elderly women I know wear super musky cheap perfumes. I have a problem with the bottle, it's a pretty big eau de toilette bottle that looks like it has a lid but you actually just press the top of it and I've had a few friends who've nearly yanked it in half. The straight perfume bottles are better than the toilette bottles. Anyway, I just love it in all seasons and apparently everyone around me loves it too, which is always good. I could bathe in it and it is never overpowering. I'll probably keep wearing it for so long that in 60 years I'll be one of the old ladies who gives it a bad reputation with the younger crowd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettfish

There's a reason why this is THE classic perfume. It has survived my love affair with BPAL, which is saying something. Beautiful and well-blended floral.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 7:43:00 PM More reviews by star811

I'm undecided about this fragrance-- sometimes it smells good, sometimes it smells bad (ok, it always smells the same; it is me who is fickle.) It either smells really sophisticated and soapy, or really heavy and powdery. It's definitely too much for me during the day. I think this is one I will have to grow into.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I changed my mind about this fragrance, as I grow older I am drawn by this perfume. I have bought the 'real' version and the one made by preferred fragrances inc(the best imposter of fragrances, IMO). Dries down to a nice,powdery scent. Very elegant. I can now see why this fragrance has survived through time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tzelma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Chanel No. 5 but I tend to use the soap, powder, and lotion ahead of the perfume. Perfumes for me tend to be too harsh. The soft smell of the soap/powder/lotion is lovely. Give those a try if the perfumes seem too harsh for you.