Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/1/2003 2:08:00 AM

This is my HOLY GRAIL Eye Makeup Remover. This is the only eye makeup remover that takes off my stubborn waterproof mascara completely and gently without making my eyelashes fall out in clumps. Believe me I have tried them all. People seem to think it has an oily feel after but there is no oil in this product though it may look as if there is, I was told this by the sales associate. Just use this first to get eye makeup and lipstick off then clean your face with your normal cleanser, and rinse clean. I get no oily residue. Excellent Product

on 2/11/2003 10:28:00 AM

Received this as a GWP and it does a fairly good job of removing my eye makeup, especially with a cottonbud to remove hard to reach areas. It leaves behind an oily residue but is surprisingly gentle on my eyes.

on 2/3/2003 6:06:00 PM

This is my fave eye m/u remover. It takes everything off, but doesn't sting or dry out my sensitive eyes. There's no weird scent or nasty greasy feeling & the bottle is pretty big, so it lasts a while. I have repurchased 2x now & don't plan on stopping :)

on 1/9/2003 6:59:00 PM

Sadly, I am not a fan of this, nor of most "combination" eye makeup removers. While this did a more than effective job of taking off even stubborn mascara and liquid liner, it left my eyes stinging, and the normally rather dry skin around them feeling oily, even after thorough rinsing. I would not use this again.

on 12/26/2002 7:33:00 AM

I don't like this at all. It leaves an oily residue on my skin and feels gross. I'd much rather use some of the other cleansers out there.

This stuff rocks, although a bit overpriced. It takes off all my makeup thoroughly, without drying or making the skin greasy.

on 10/24/2002 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am on my 4th or 5th bottle and will continue to buy this. I love the way it removes alllll my makeup so I don't ruin my wash cloths nor do I have to scrub. I love that it has no scent.

on 9/11/2002 10:20:00 AM

This is a an eye and lips make-up remover. I usually only use it on my lips and it removes every trace of my lipstick, leaving my lips moisturised. However, it does leave an oily film on the lips and the taste is quite unpleasant. It also removes eye make-up and waterproof mascaras well. It's quite oily, that's why I only use it on my lips. I feel that the price is rather steep for the quality as there are other better ones around with a lower price tag.

on 6/23/2002 10:39:00 AM

Costs too much, but I love this remover, especially because it has no scent, and I truly hate scented stuff around my allergy-prone eyes. Yes, it's oily, but it takes some real grease to remove one of my big nights of multi-colored eyeshadow and Maybelline waterproof. Like the other reviewer, I use it before cleansing, so I can rinse off any traces. Other reason I keep paying the $$ for this: if I change my mind about lippie color in the morning, this removes all trace of lipstick so I can apply a different color in no time - and it doesn't dry out my lips.

I don't like this because it's basically just oil and water. It doesn't remove better than anything else but it does remove waterproof mascara well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

CVS Makeup Remover VS. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover by BeautynLifewSue