Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/29/2003 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a decent eye-makeup remover. I don't mind the oily residue, because I wash my face after I remove my make-up (you really should). Plus, the oil helps to moisturize my dry skin. It's fragrance free, and never stings. The reason I'm not going to repurchase is because 60% of the time it leaves mascara or liner right below my lower lash line (you know what I'm talking about) that makes me question it's effectiveness. Plus, I'm going to try Almay's wipes, which are way cheaper, not to mention the money you'll save by not having to use cotton balls/pads. Update: I know I said I won't buy this again, but I've changed my mind. Again. It turns out I was kind of neglecting the underside of my upper lashes when I removed my mascara (I know, it's dumb, that's where most of the mascara gets applied). Remover is way more effective when you use it right :p I've decided that this will be my staple to remove waterproof mascara. My Almay wipes don't cut it, but this does. And since I wear waterproof so rarely, I don't mind paying so much for this because one bottle should last forever. continued >>

on 4/19/2003 9:51:00 PM

I think this product is awesome. It removes all traces of my eye makeup and it doesn't irritate my eyes or skin. Girls, use it before you cleanse your face and then it doesn't matter whether or not it leaves an oily residue.

on 3/1/2003 2:08:00 AM

This is my HOLY GRAIL Eye Makeup Remover. This is the only eye makeup remover that takes off my stubborn waterproof mascara completely and gently without making my eyelashes fall out in clumps. Believe me I have tried them all. People seem to think it has an oily feel after but there is no oil in this product though it may look as if there is, I was told this by the sales associate. Just use this first to get eye makeup and lipstick off then clean your face with your normal cleanser, and rinse clean. I get no oily residue. Excellent Product

on 2/11/2003 10:28:00 AM

Received this as a GWP and it does a fairly good job of removing my eye makeup, especially with a cottonbud to remove hard to reach areas. It leaves behind an oily residue but is surprisingly gentle on my eyes.

on 2/3/2003 6:06:00 PM

This is my fave eye m/u remover. It takes everything off, but doesn't sting or dry out my sensitive eyes. There's no weird scent or nasty greasy feeling & the bottle is pretty big, so it lasts a while. I have repurchased 2x now & don't plan on stopping :)

on 1/9/2003 6:59:00 PM

Sadly, I am not a fan of this, nor of most "combination" eye makeup removers. While this did a more than effective job of taking off even stubborn mascara and liquid liner, it left my eyes stinging, and the normally rather dry skin around them feeling oily, even after thorough rinsing. I would not use this again.

on 12/26/2002 7:33:00 AM

I don't like this at all. It leaves an oily residue on my skin and feels gross. I'd much rather use some of the other cleansers out there.

This stuff rocks, although a bit overpriced. It takes off all my makeup thoroughly, without drying or making the skin greasy.

on 10/24/2002 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am on my 4th or 5th bottle and will continue to buy this. I love the way it removes alllll my makeup so I don't ruin my wash cloths nor do I have to scrub. I love that it has no scent.

on 9/11/2002 10:20:00 AM

This is a an eye and lips make-up remover. I usually only use it on my lips and it removes every trace of my lipstick, leaving my lips moisturised. However, it does leave an oily film on the lips and the taste is quite unpleasant. It also removes eye make-up and waterproof mascaras well. It's quite oily, that's why I only use it on my lips. I feel that the price is rather steep for the quality as there are other better ones around with a lower price tag.