August 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 10:39:00 AM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Costs too much, but I love this remover, especially because it has no scent, and I truly hate scented stuff around my allergy-prone eyes. Yes, it's oily, but it takes some real grease to remove one of my big nights of multi-colored eyeshadow and Maybelline waterproof. Like the other reviewer, I use it before cleansing, so I can rinse off any traces. Other reason I keep paying the $$ for this: if I change my mind about lippie color in the morning, this removes all trace of lipstick so I can apply a different color in no time - and it doesn't dry out my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 7:19:00 PM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like this because it's basically just oil and water. It doesn't remove better than anything else but it does remove waterproof mascara well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2002 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i might buy this eye m/u remover again, as it did a fairly good job of gently removing my eye m/u. but for now i'm looking for a cheaper alternative that works just as good, if not better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2002 10:09:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a GWP, and as soon as I finished it, I went out and bought a bottle. I think it's great stuff - swipes off my waterproof mascara easily. The other reviewers are right, though: it does leave a bit of an oily film, which I simply rinse off. I've also tried Estee Lauder's eye makeup remover (in the blue bottle) and it stung my eyes. Lancome's Bifacil is good, but this is cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2002 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this makeup remover. it doesnt burn my eyes or make them swell up like the blue one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2001 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bastet

This is the best waterproof makeup remover I've found so far. It's very similar to Lancome bifacil (it also has two phases, you have to shake the bottle so the two phases mix before use). It does leave an oily residue on your eyes, so you should use it before you cleanse your face. It has identical ingredients to the Estee Lauder two-phase eye makeup remover (can't remember the name) except for cucumber extract that is contained in the EL. I prefer the Clinique over the Lancome because it is unfragranced, with Lancome bifacil the fragrance seemed to irritate my eyes a bit. I have rebought this at least 5 times.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2001 10:31:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I thought this would be a great makeup remover, and it *does* work... but it is SO OILY! I have to wash my face twice with soap before the oiliness goes away. I'm going to look for another remover that is not as oily...