October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by glory2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really love this product. I'm only 23 and my skin is still good, but ANR makes my skin even better. My skin gets irritated very easily and I find this to be so soothing. It helps to calm any redness or irritation that may be going on, especially on my cheek area, where I sometimes get a pimple or two. After cleansing, i put ANR on and follow that up with the Estee Lauder Clear Difference Oil Control Hydrator. It works wonders for me. At 23, I get alot of commnents from my girlfriends who can't understand why I spend so much $$$ on skincare products and sunscreen (no lower than SPF 30) that they think I don't even need at my age. I don't think they'll feel the same way when we're all in our 50s and I'll be looking considerably younger than they do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum is AMAZING! I once read a comment from a beauty editor who said she had been using this product since she was a teenager, when she would sneak it from her mother's vanity. Now, 20 years later, her face was line free! Granted, I knew that there probably were other factors involved (heredity, sunscreen, etc.), but I did run right out and buy a bottle! That was 7 years ago and I still LOVE this product! After applying this serum, my skin looks fresh, dewy and yes, younger looking! It is oil-free and does not clog my pores. It is very pricey. But, in my opinion, it is worth every cent!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by serph

I received a sample with a shipment.I was so anxious to give it a try.becoz several of my friends said it works well.but I stopped using after two days.it dried out my skin and even reddened my complextion.eh.luckily.It was just a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kasearle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Years ago Estee Lauder had an advertising campaign that said something like 'in 10 years you won't look 10 years older'. They were right! I have been using it for more than 10 years and this product is like an insurance policy. When I was younger I didn't see much difference other than the hyaluronic acid in it helped with my very dry skin. But, oh my! As my girlfriends and I got older, I just didn't get the signs of aging they did-the little lines around the eyes, etc. This product is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ehazelwood

I was skeptical about this product, but for me, it works as advertised. It definitely evens out my skin's texture and lightens the discolorations. For me, I definitely need a moisturizer after it. I find that the Decleor Iris night balm paired with this does wonders for my skin. I don't actually mind the smell of it - though it does get masked by the Decleor Iris balm. It is on the pricey side, but for what it does for my skin, I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I was excited to try this when a tiny sample came in a GWP recently. I used it with my Clinique DDML. This does absolutely nothing - no moisture, no line smoothing, no evenness - nada (and all this for almost $100 an ounce!)
Actually made my skin dry, similar effect to retin A dryness, except I also broke out from it. Glad I didn't have to pay for it and certainly won't be buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product religiously now for about a week. I can instantly see the difference in the morning on how my skin looks and feels. I will be 32 next month and want to start on a "preventative" skin care regimen. So far I am happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by rins_revenge

I'm halfway through my 50ml bottle and have been religiously applying it every night for nearly 2 months. Well, I'm a big EL fan and I'm using a mix of the brand's products, instead of sticking to one dedicated range:

1. New Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher (every morning)
2. Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser (every morning and night)
3. Nutritious Vital-Mineral Energy Lotion (every morning and night)
4. Hydra Complete Multi-level Moisture Creme for Normal/Combination Skin (every night, under Advanced Night Repair)
5. Advanced Night Repair (every night)
6. Idealist Micro-D Thermal Skin Refinisher (twice to thrice a week)

Phew. What a list. What can I say? If I use Advanced Night Repair serum ALONE, my skin doesn't feel moisturised enough, but it works nicely in calming inflamed, irritated skin and skin feels healthier and not so clogged. However, when used in conjunction with the other EL products... my skin is left radiant, zit-free and glowing, even with little sleep.

So I really wouldn't know if the Advanced Night Repair is worth splashing out so much money on, especially if you plan on using it by itself, or only occasionally. You may still get results, albeit slower and not that impressive. Personally, I believe when used alone, it's a nice enough treat to condition skin and keep it healthy. Just don't expect fantastic results that'll leave you raving. Best used with other EL products overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second bottle of this product. What's interesting here is that it seems to prevent the rosacea on my cheeks from flaring up, which, in turn, means I don't have to slather icky prescription medicine on my face. And I don't know, I just like it. Putting on a serum before my moisturizer (I also use it during the day under sunscreen) feels really luxurious. For note, I'm 30 with perfect skin and no sun damage (because I spent my 20s as a goth, cowering from the sun). I'm going to keep using this and MD Formulations sensitive skin glycolic cleanser until further notice. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by racheluy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 30. Asian with fair skin that tends to be dry.

Pros:
Evened-out my skin tone.
Silky yet non-greasy texture.
Makes your skin supple and smooth.
Makes my skin look younger (unless I'm deluding myself everytime I go in front of a mirror)
Prevents breakouts. / Doesn't clog my pores.

Cons:
God-awful smell.
Expensive!
For those with dry skin, you may have to follow it with another moisturizer.
Using it for only 21 days for every 3-4 months (unless your skin underwent trauma: like sunburn, etc.); wish I could use it everyday.
Wish it came in a pump instead.

I will definitely repurchase.