Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

This has been my go-to toner for several years. On a heavy makeup night, even after 2 sudsings, witch hazel manages to find some left-over debris. I even go over my eyelids with this. This gets my skin very clean, yet calms and soothes it. I spend the extra money on Dickinson's because it is not tested on animals. Great product!

i couldnt find the yellow facial stuff at our walmart, walgreens is opening in summer. woohoo. but im sure this is going to work. my method?

SPRAY-

TONER BOTTLE-
*4 aspirin
*3/4 W.Hazel
*about 1/4 water
*tea tree/f. lavendar ESSENTIAL oils.
*aloe.

not sure how well its going to work,
but i have faith. and well edit later i guess.
i exfoliate with my dads homemade african soap( ohh i love it. alreadys helpin my skin..).
then use the toner. and the spray ill use probably once a day.
then ill cleanse again at night. and spray again. or i might mix it up. but im sure this will work, just have to adjust the procedures.

another note. although its a lovely idea, witch hazel isnt 100% natural. it contains 14% alcohol in it. but, its pretty darn good id say! and i just rushed to walmart to but the aspirin/containers/witch hazel after reading this.

I love this stuff....I recently have been on a quest to find a more natural (and yes, less expensive) way of caring for my skin...I use this morning and night as my toner (mixed with aspirin and a bit of tea tree oil), and it works really well. Even my husband likes it...I have him using it too, and since it isn't "girly" (no pink packaging or frou frou scents), he's willing to keep with it.

It doesn't dry out my skin at all, but leaves it clean and refreshed...very "balanced" (a feat, since I am so oily).

I also love the price...about 4 bucks at CVS, and the bottle should last me a good long while :)

NOTE: I have the "facial" version of this...yellow bottle

This is the primary ingredient in my HG toner! I love Dickinson's Witch Hazel -- cleans without over-drying, seems to reduce redness, very refreshing in hot weather, and is dirt dirt dirt cheap.

The only thing I don't love is the smell -- so, upon purchasing a new bottle (flip-top lid, perfect for dousing a cotton ball & swiping your face), I add several drops of Tea Treel Essential Oil (clarifying, healing/antiseptic properties) and several drops of Lavender Essential Oil (cleansing, anti-inflammatory).

I also keep a spray-bottle full of this (re-purposed Dr. Hauschka toner spray bottle -- awesome super-fine mist) in my medicine cabinet for quick spritzes, & on my desk at work, to refresh during the day. Keeps oil at bay, leaves skin soft & dewy, smells yummy!

Well, so far so good...I've been using this product for about a week now & it has noticeably cleared up my skin. It has also toned it. I don't get bad breakouts, just a pimple here & there, & this stuff dried them out (not in a bad way). It has also made my face feel less oily. So, i guess only time will tell how good this product is. I'm crossing my fingers though, cause I'm lovin the results so far. Oh, the smell is terrible! Just to warn everyone.
Update: I love this stuff! Im changing my rating to 5 lippies:)

I have always used it on bruises. When I get bruises it lasts forever (nasty rainbow colours, too), but swiping the bruises with a cotton pad saturated in witch hazel helps to make them go down quicker.

Last year tried it as toner after reading the reviews on MUA, didn't work for me, I got break outs afterwards. So I'll just stick to using it on bruises. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Frankly not the best witch hazel for my skin type. And to boot the smell was not pleasant. I used the rest to stave off sweating in the summer.

UPDATE(02/06/2010): I repurchased this again since this local health food store have lost their mind in raising the prices on the Thayers brand witch hazel. I went across the street to the local small pharmacy and picked this up instead. At first I was leery about the alcohol content but I remembered the Thayers Lemon version has a bit of alcohol so I sucked it up. I forgot how cheap this stuff is. I have been using this for about a week and I am loving the results so far. My acne is slowly healing and so far no new breakouts. The smell is not the greatest but I can live with it, especially when I am using neem oil on my face. Since I am between jobs at the moment, this toner will be my go to toner for the time being. But it keeps working for me, I will make it permanent in my skin routine.

Update 12/27/2014
I had to stop using this because it was breaking me out horribly.

This is an excellent toner. Not only does it soothe my seb.dermatitis around my nose and eyebrow area but I haven't had a flare up since I started using it again.I used it as a teenager and was very happy with it then,but as I matured for some stupid reason I started to use more expensive brands. They all seemed to aggravate my skin,either making it more oily or triggering a flare up of seb.derm. This toner is so soothing and gentle and has balanced my excessively oily skin,I will never stray again. I must also comment that the smell does not bother me in the least like some others have commented,I actually find it quite comforting.I'm always very wary of products that are very heavily scented or knock you out with the overpowering alchohol smell. So yep this is a definite winner for me:)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this! It is cheap and a large bottle for the price. I add a few drops of tea tree oil to the bottle as soon as I purchase it and it is the best and most gentle, yet effective toner I have used... It doesn't strip my face, and the tee tree oil seems to make it even more effective, although I liked it without as well... It seems the least expensive products have proven to be the most effective for me...and this is a staple.

The brand I use, but only because I can have it delivered for free with my prescriptions. I'd prefer a product without alcohol, but this works well enough. Softens my skin, soothes redness, and keeps my skin looking very nice. I am actually so used to the rancid raisin smell that I kind of enjoy it....

Popular Face Skincare Products