November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 5:15:00 AM More reviews by design

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have only been using this product for a few days and really like it so far. i can see an improvement in my skin. i use it in the morning and at night. i don't like to leave toners on my face so i rinse with cold water after to close my pores and remove any extra residue or dirt. so far i really like this toner...and that's saying alot considering i have extremely sensitive skin that can't tolerate essential and non essential oils, glycerin, SLS, as well as other things. i will try not wasing it off and see if that makes a difference. i will update later, but as of now i will definitely repurchase this product! give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 12:21:00 AM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this stuff and took a whiff of it, i was shocked! It was rather unpleasant, but after using it for about a week, you get used to it and it's mild. Great, non drying and cheap! The bottle is HUGE and takes time to finish. What I like to do is put it in a spray bottle that mists. It has many uses from cleaning cuts and scrapes to rubbing on an oily scalp instead of shampooing everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only toner I can use when I feel a blemish coming on. I *thought* I was using witch hazel before and it turned out I was using rubbing alcohol! It burned going on, which I thought was a good thing. But then I decided to try this and it worked even better without the burn. It also cleans the skin without drying at all. After cleansing I go over my problem areas with this and in the morning they're looking good. The smell is not the best, but really not that bad. Sort of mild. Smells like any other witch hazel.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cuttibebe

Knowing me, I never repurchase ANYTHING, because I believe in the time I have used up the product, the market would have made a better version of it somewhere else. I bought this toner because I was sick of using something with such a high alcohol concentration, drying out my skin, but not helping with the pimples at all. So someone mentioned this in a blog as an alternative, and I was in my "drug-store-cheaper-version-of-everything" mood, so I grabbed this thinking oh what the hack, 3 bucks. It's a HUGE bottle for such a small price, but worked very well with my skin.
I don't like moisterizing toners, I like to use toner as an extra cleansing process, because I feel that after I wash my face, I still need that little action of cotton pad exfoliation to feel completely clean.
The smell, HORRIBLE! For someone who's sensitive to any kind of strong smell, I stuck to it, thinking how bad could it be, I can get used to anything. Actually, the smell stuck with me and everytime I open that bottle, all I think is CLEAN SKIN, YAY! - you know it's one of those, Coppertone thing, you know the smell, you got used to the smell, and now everytime you smell it you think of summer.
It's not drying at all, just enough so my combination skin doesn't feel tight. But my skin feels sooo clean afterwards. I used to use Proactiv, and it has that same kind of affect.
I'm going to upgrade to the Thayer brand this time and see what the hype is all about with the alcohol free and lavender version.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jaylb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff has been a lifesaver on my skin. I started using it to remove any excess cleanser/makeup/dirt and it is very effective in doing so. I was having some breakout issues. Since I started using this my breakouts have been fewer and less severe. The smell is horrible, but honestly it smells kind of like cheap tequila. I will definitely contiune to use this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Daddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this product NOTHING. I used it for a day and my skin turned into crap. Flakes were EVERYWHERE. I mean, my skin started peeling right in front of me, and how do you think I felt when I saw this? Like crap! Damn. I had to repair it with vitamin e oil, and still, a week later, the effects show. That jolted my skin and gave it a good sting. I will NEVER buy it again. Damn alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can buy witch hazel for cheaper than this, but it's fine.

I use this every morning to remove the acne cream on my face. It smells bad, but it never burns or irritates my skin at all. It makes my skin feel very refreshed.

Great astringent!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stars_and_oceans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! It doesn't irritate my skin at ALL and it takes off any residue left over from soap, makeup, anything. I hate the way it smells--kind of like beef jerky--but the smell goes away the second I shut the bottle, so it's ok! It doesn't linger in the air or on my skin at all, and it dries very quickly. I have acne prone, slightly oily skin and this stuff is fabulous! Also--great price and huge bottle! Can't beat it!

update: I got terrible razor burn this morning and decided to put this on my legs because I figured--why not? Anything to calm the insane irritation I had. Well, it completely worked! It soothed my legs fast and took away the bumps and redness! A second great use for this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jenn72

Non-irritating. Simple. Effective. Cheap. I couldn't ask for more! This has improved my irritated, dry/flaky, clogged skin. Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ms5kity

LOVE IT! Super cheap, and leaves my skin soft and pretty and oil free. Bottle lasts forever too!