Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

I use witch-hazel from time to time when my skin feels really oily or on humid summer days, either as a refreshing wipe or after cleansing.

I actually quite enjoy the smell, It reminds me of wood smoke.

Personally, I think the Dickinson's brand is the best.

on 9/19/2007 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Did absolutely nothing for my face. Didn't make it worse, didn't make it better. I don't mind the smell. Be aware that it contains lots of alcohol and it will dry your skin.

on 8/30/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Im so mad this use to help keep my skin clear and come to find out it was the source of my breakouts so i stop using it and now im using peter thomas roth skincare products and i normally hate products because they break me out but i can attest to it it works with my sensitive/oily/acne prone skin

on 8/26/2007 5:07:00 AM

I think this product is a little overrated. It smelled bad. This product actually is one of the causes of my acne.

on 8/23/2007 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i didnt like this. i was really disappointed esp. after reading the good reviews here. this tuff made me break out like crazy. i still have the scars to prove it. im in the process of healing. *sigh* anyways.. it was like $5 and people here said, it was 2? not a good product. i guess ill use it on cuts and wounds, but not my face..

I use this as a toner, and add it to my mask powder to create a face mask.

Smell: Terrible!

Price: very cheap. I bought the generic drugstore brand.

I rub this on my face using a cotton pad. It's good for sensitive skin, but if I want a tingly alcohol clean, I go for Clinique. I'm still looking for an excellent non-drying toner though...

Overall, it's non-irratating, and does a not bad job at removing impurities.

I do theater and I bought this to remove the layers of stage make-up after using a make-up remover towelette first, and this does the job perfectly, without drying. All of the dirt, oily makeup, and sweat gone! I rinse my face with a bit of water afterwards. I'm going to continue using this on my chin to see if it helps longterm- I am prone to clogged pores and breakouts in that area of my face. UPDATE: Not only has this helped with my chin breakouts, it also has kept my face from doing its usual peeling and flaking routine during the winter! I use it after washing my face, and right before applying moisturizer, only at night. It seems to help the moisture sink in, or stay in, or something.

I read all the rave reviews on here and wanted to find a nice, effective toner for my skin that was cheap to boot.

This didn't really leave my skin smooth, a little sticky actually, and to top it off my face broke out like none other.

Shame, I wanted so bad to have such a great toner that's only $2 a bottle. I guess it's back to my TripleRoseWater.

on 7/24/2007 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i have only been using this product for a few days and really like it so far. i can see an improvement in my skin. i use it in the morning and at night. i don't like to leave toners on my face so i rinse with cold water after to close my pores and remove any extra residue or dirt. so far i really like this toner...and that's saying alot considering i have extremely sensitive skin that can't tolerate essential and non essential oils, glycerin, SLS, as well as other things. i will try not wasing it off and see if that makes a difference. i will update later, but as of now i will definitely repurchase this product! give it a try.

on 7/15/2007 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I first bought this stuff and took a whiff of it, i was shocked! It was rather unpleasant, but after using it for about a week, you get used to it and it's mild. Great, non drying and cheap! The bottle is HUGE and takes time to finish. What I like to do is put it in a spray bottle that mists. It has many uses from cleaning cuts and scrapes to rubbing on an oily scalp instead of shampooing everyday.

Popular Face Skincare Products