April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Cover Girl normally just doesn't do it for me. I normally stray from their section at the drugstore aside from picking up their Lashblast mascaras, but lately I've been hearing so much about this foundation that I could not believe, so I had to try it out for myself. My previous CG foundation experience was not pleasent. My mom loves CG Clean, so she tried to get me to use it...that stuff is evil! I really wasn't expecting much from this, other than the nice quality bottle (it has a PUMP!) and that tacky CG label (seriously, the label on the bottle is preeeety taaaacky, but come on, it has a PUMP!), and the 11.99 pricetag (CVS is so expensive). I got the shade 805 ivory, the lightest color, I believe. I am supppper light, so I normally just wear concealer to hid my ugliness, but foundation is so much easier and hides my entire face. I tried this out for the first time this morning before school, expecting a huge mess on my face, but Lordy this stuff is awesome! I'm sure I'll like it less and less as I use it more. I put on one layer over my whole face using my knock off beauty blender (which I happen to love), and applied a little more over my acne scars. It covers redness and small blemishes very well. Right now, my skin is pretty much clear except for the scars left over from a few years of mild/moderate acne on my scar-prone skin, so I can't vouch for how well this covers active blemishes, but it does a decent job of covering scars. I'd be fine just wearing this to the store or something. But today for school, I applied my concealer (coverblend multi function concealer) on scars and my under eye circles. Does it break me out? Not sure yet. Probably. I have very sensitive skin, so I'd be shocked if it didn't. But a few breakouts here and there aren't a deal breaker. I'll update as I use this more and more. For now, I really like it. Will it make me try more CG products? Nope. I found love with this product, and don't want to ruin it by trying more CG products I despise with every fiber of my being (aside from the LB products...love those).
UPDATE 3/8/13: I've worn this every day this week except Tuesday (sick day) instead of my usual layer of concealer. I'm prettty sure this breaks me out. Nearly positive. So I have to take off a lippie, but I'll keep testing it out. I am so disappointed that this breaks me out (I think), because I LOVE it! Today, I was actually told for the first time is years (by someone other than an 'adult') that my skin is flawless. Not that it looks flawless, but that it IS. I was floored. I mean, I know this foundation makes my skin look awesome, but to have someone other than you tell you that is great. I definitely will keep wearing it because I love how it looks on. I'll still keep trying foundations tough. Next on my 'hit list', I guess, is Almay Clear Complexion and Revlon CS Whipped.
UPDATE 3/28/12: I've been wearing this every single day, and can now happily say...NO BREAKOUTS! I'm keeping it at four lippies though because the lightest shade, 805 Ivory, is too dark for my fair skin. Other than that it's really a lovely product. I just wish CG would realize that not all girls out there strive to be tan-- some of us love our pale skin.
UPDATE 4/9/13: Oh God! Minus a lippie. This stuff is NOT for warm weather! This week in my town has been so hot...okay, 70-80 degees. But this stuff cakes and melts off and looks generally horrid. In a few weeks, it'll be 90-100 degrees here...and this is a no go! Sigh, I guess we were not meant to be. It's a nice foundation for winter/inside days...but Lord. Not working for me right now. The hunt continues.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't think I ever liked a CG product so much that I would repurchase it until now. This new foundation by CG is a decent foundation at the drugstore level. This foundation is pretty darn priced reasonably at $12.99. The only reason why I picked this up was to use up a Cover Girl coupon. I wanted to try some new things from the brand to see the quality has improved and it appears that this foundation is a major improvement to the brand. I have oily skin and I have to agree with many youtube reviewers that this foundation is very comparable to MUFE Mat Velvet +. My usual foundation is MUFE Mat Velvet + because it gives good medium coverage and keeps oil in control yet doesn't look like a mask. This new Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 is also medium coverage that can be built up to full. This is NOT like Revlon CS and Estee Lauder DW which both are very heavy, full cover and mask-like. Outlast Stay Fabulous feels very lightweight on the skin. One layer evens out skin. Two layers will hide blemishes and old cystic scars. No layers will hide my very dark circles (I still needed corrector and concealer). As for the 3 in 1 claim (primer, foundation & concealer in one), I didn't need a primer but needed a concealer for under eyes. The staying power was 8 hours before it started to fade in areas. As for oil control, it isn't as good as MUFE Mat Velvet +. I was oily after an hour of wear. I find even at inital application, Outlast gives an almost dewy satin finish. I do need to set with powder for my skin needs. The color range seems pretty good with shades both in warm and cool tones. I'm NC42 and picked up Outlast in 857 - Golden Tan. Golden Tan has wiggle room, if you are NC44 you can still use this shade. I noticed the next darker shade 860- Classic Tan has strong pink tones and is more suitable for NW35 + skin. I do really like the fact that this foundation didn't cause reactions or breakouts to my skin. I love the pump and it actually works a lot better than some highend ones out there! Lastly, no stinky smell. I'm pretty impressed overall with this foundation. I took one lippie off for mediocre oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, was I surprised by how long this stuff lasts! I have oily skin and always look better in a matte finish, and this foundation goes on matte, stays matte, and stays on all day and evening, without any oxidation and without looking heavy or masklike. Usually a foundation that is genuinely long-lasting looks pretty gross after six hours, but I can put this on at 7:30 and it still looks good 12 hours later. I am sold!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw the hype and thought I would see if this compared to my HG, MUFE's HD Foundation. Not even a chance. Stay Fabulous made my skin look dry and chalky, and highlighted every little bump. The closest color wasn't really a good enough match, but then the color oxidized totally orange and made it look like I had makeup caked on my cheeks. I really wanted to like this, because in Canada it's just $15-17 a bottle compared to MUFE, which is $50-$55. I loved that it came in a heavy glass bottle with a pump. But the product itself was so disappointing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

I put this on at 10am and am still wearing it. I used a primer underneath and a clinique matte powder to top it off. So far so good. I am oily and acne prone so I will update this review tonight and give my final thoughts. I have noticed the color changing a little then from when I put it on this morning already but it is still pretty matte.

12 hours later at 10pm:
amazing. still looked matte and almost like I wasnt wearing any makeup. I think I was lucky enough to match myself with such a great shade. I thought the color was dark after it settled but now I think it was just the weird lighting I was in. This is a God send for oily skin people, I will continue to use and update after a week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Wow, Cover Girl. I hate to be the "I've tried all kinds, high end and low, blah blah blah" reviewer, because, most of us have tried a ton of foundations with different results, I'm not special in struggling to find a foundation.

But this foundation is truly amazing, and after a couple weeks' use has basically beat the s'ht out of my HG, married its wife, moved into its apartment, and in general kicked it to the curb. Sorry NYX HD, we just weren't meant to be together forever. I still cheat with Revlon Whipped, but I still have two jars of that and it's a great foundation with a slightly better color match. But it's a 4-star foundation. CG 3-in-1 is a 5-star foundation, and they're coming out with an 800 so that color match problem should be taken care of :) The 805 is slightly too dark, but that will be my summer color after I pick up the 800 when it's finally in stores!

I bought this because of all the rave reviews, and it really was worth it. Give it a try, it might save you a lot of money in the end!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

CoverGirl is convinced theyve outdone themselves. And yes, this is a solid contender in the longwearing foundation arenabut, not so fast. Theyve earned the right to brag about the coverage, because weve got a warhorse here, fighting to secure and defend the title of Drugstore Double Wear. My legendary dark circles went down like Custer and my (admittedly faint) reminders of blemishes past met their Waterloo. But sometimes a warrior can be an overachiever, in that full-coverage formulas will never be my default setting. No matter what brand logo theyve got slapped on them, prestige or high street, they suffocate my pores and generate heat like a portable Venusian cloudcover. So for me personally, this is more of a utility-infielder product : spot reinforcement during my premenstrual breakoutslight concealer on days where I can get away with BB Cream or lessfull foundation when Im aching to do a full-on, go-to-hell LOOK. I cant complain about the shade/ undertone rangewell, I could, just not for my own sakebut my biggest issue is with that recurring archnemesis of all foundation wearers: oxidation. I noticed that, once Id buffed it into my skin, it took on a vague but unmistakable Sunkist (not "kissed" but "kist") overcast. Ive taken to mixing it with a small amount of Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream in shade #1 to counteract that, and so far, so good, but I didnt sign up to Frankenstein my foundations together. The four lippies stand, as this is more of a win-in-process than a step-up-but-fail, and I will recommend it to people questing for an airbrushed complexion on a laymans budget. However, I dont think Im ready for a serious relationship with it. Something about it just brings out the commitment-phobe in me.

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

I love and hate this foundation. Let me start with the positives. I love that the bottle has a pump! I find it works best when applied with my fingers (quickly because it does set somewhat fast). The finish is not dewy but not completely matte either. Maybe semi-matte?? It wears nicely throughout the day & when I remove my makeup at night my face doesn't look like an oil slick (I have super oily skin...think BP oil spill kind of oily). I almost like the finish better than when I first apply it.

Now for the negatives...I hate applying this foundation! I am able to get over it because I like the finish once it has set. I didn't like using a brush or a sponge to apply it so I've been using my fingers. It sets quickly but doesn't blend like I want it to. It could be that I don't have the right shade which is of course not considered a con since it is my error. I find that it also clings to any dry patches (ie post-benzoyl peroxide blemishes) but since my skin is oily that's not a big deal to me. The final con is the deal breaker for me. The foundation
claims to have the coverage of a concealer which is not the case but I don't mind applying my normal concealer where it is needed. However, the concealer property of this foundation combined with an actual concealer is not enough to cover the horrible acne this foundation has caused. This stuff made me break out like crazy! This foundation gives medium coverage which is enough for me on most days but I feel like I need war paint now to cover all of my lovely new breakouts.

Overall, this would be a good option for someone with non-sensitive oily skin who wants a long-wearing medium coverage foundation. If it didn't break me out like none other I would continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by gorkt

This is a decent all purpose make up. I heard the reviews of it but I never have much luck with drugstore foundations. I bought it in the second lightest shade. I really like the finish, semi-matte and natural looking. The only drawback is that it does emphasize dry patches. Since I tend to have combo skin that dries in the winter and is oiler in the summer, this will probably work well then.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kohleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used and its the only foundation I have been wearing lately, despite all my high end foundations. This lasts all day, has great coverage, great colour selection, its very buildable, smooth and creamy consistency, does not make my skin oily or dry or cakey. Love this foundation, and the pump applicator tops it all off. EXCELLENT!