Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 2/26/2013 11:58:00 AM

I have a very light alabaster white skintone and even in the lightest shade this is to yellowy so I can't blend it in to look natural on me. Also, I have very very sensitive skin, even some brands that claim to be hypoallergenic or formulated for sensitive skin can irritate my skin but some things that don't have those claims will work fine, it's hit and miss! This one did make my skin incredibly itchy within hours of wearing it. to be fair I gave it a few more tries weeks after the first incident and so forth just to be sure it truly was this causing the itchiness and sure enough every time I put it on (3-4 different times) I got very itchy. I didn't keep the receipt so I haven't returned it. To be fair, even expensive name brand products at a beauty counter can make me itchy or break out so if you aren't like me then you could be fine also if you aren't super pale with cool undertones you also may like this product!

on 2/26/2013 10:59:00 AM

I've tried most high end BB creams and haven't cared for any of them, either too much coverage or too matte or settling into pores. This gives a light coverage with a very youthful dewy look, not oily just nice even tone, and it last all day! I usually use Chanel aqua lumiere, but for daily quick out the door fresh face this beats it hands down. No need to moisturize I use a Shiseido base brush to apply, but in a pinch fingers work. I can't recommend this enough for mature skin, leaves you glowing in a healthy natural way even when traveling to Florida where the humidity makes every makeup I use feel heavy and sticky, not this. I'm 59 years old and get compliments in my skin all the time, more than with my Chanel.

on 2/26/2013 7:08:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product. It's light, it feels fresh. However, my skin broke out after a few days.

on 2/25/2013 9:10:00 PM

I had the BB cream for a few months now, I saw this at Wal-Mart and went looking for a yellow-toned lighter BB cream because the L'Oreal was starting to look orangey on me so I grabbed this one. I have combo/normal skin in the winter and this looked promising without making my face looking like a grease pit.

In November when I tried in the shade Light it was a little too light then. Tried it out again in December, perfect!

Pros:
It "blurs" my imperfections
It's moisturing
Dewy
Covers redness beautifully!
Adapts to my skin color well
Makes pores less visible but doesn't look like they dissapear (figures!)
SPF 30!!! very important.
Cons:
Lacks staying power even with powder to set. :( but it never claimed it did anyway. haha
It doesn't really look like it primes

I bought it for about $7.50 at Walmart.

I'd recommend this for the spring since it is semi-water based. This season I just used it extra moisturizer. It's not ground-breaking but if you wanted to have a shot at American BB creams this is a good one to start with. Hope this helps.

on 2/25/2013 8:49:00 PM

I was disappointed with this product, this bb cream made my face oily right after i applied it, even if i set it with powder you can still see the shininess. I didnt like this at all. Will not be purchasing again.

Possibly the WORST product I have ever used! I bought it because of all of the hype around this new product, and five days later I broke out in little skin colored bumps, that later turned red and swelled my whole face up, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, COMPLETE waste.

on 2/25/2013 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is my first BB cream and I think it does give me an even finish when wearing alone I use this as a primer under my foundation and I like the results. I am looking forward to purchasing more BB creams.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The very second ingredient listed on this product is a pore-clogger. It caused my face to have tons of tiny skin-colored bumps everywhere that w\erent clearing even after exfoliating (using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub). I wouldn't recommend this at all.

on 2/21/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The product is okay. I find it offers the most coverage with blending in with fingers. I have oily skin, so it faded off of my face within four or five hours. It faded evenly, which is good. I wouldn't recommend for oily skin, but it might be just fabulous for dry skin!

on 2/21/2013 3:51:00 PM

This stuff isn't really a BB cream. It's really a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I have to subtract a lippie for the false advertising.

So as a tinted moisturizer (TM) with SPF, this product works pretty well. The SPF is true broad spectrum 30, which is rare to find in a TM. The SPF derives from titanium dioxide, so it's a nice mineral-based physical block. There is no chalkiness, whiteish cast, or difficulty spreading.

The coverage is ok for me. It evens out the small areas of broken capillaries on my cheeks and it disguises small blemishes. It does not provide adequate coverage for the stupid, evil red area on my chin, but then again most things don't. You'll still need a bit of concealer for the more stubborn spots & larger blemishes. And as this isn't really a BB cream, I still use primer underneath. Great combo though. This plays well with the primer (no balling!) and the two products together make my pores almost disappear!

Overall though this is a great product but Maybelline really dropped the ball. It fills a badly needed drugstore niche - tinted moisturizer that provides adequate *broad spectrum* coverage. All of the other ones are too low with their SPF (15 is not good enough, ladies!), with the exception of Aveeno's, and that one is too...well, go read the reviews of that one. But they had to go and call it a BB cream, which it ain't, and disappoint the hell out of potential fans. Oh well. For $8 you can't beat what this product does offer.