December 22, 2014 | 1582 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tcgGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these! So far, I collected 5 shades: Peach Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Cherry Tart and Brown Sugar. Great formula, not very long lasting, but I don't at all mind reapplying. My only complaint: I do use these fairly often throughout the day but I noticed that they tend to use up pretty quick, regardless. Great colour selection ~ With 20 shades, I'm sure there's something for everyone's taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Ysaldra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in Pink Truffle, and it initially felt very moisturizing and smooth on my lips. Within the hour, however, I developed a small red rash on my upper lip, similar to cold sores I'm prone to (but I always get the cold sores on my lower lip). A couple weeks later, thinking it was just a stress-related skin condition, I purchased another Lip Butter in Red Velvet. Now, I have purchased and worn without incident literally dozens of Revlon lip products, but within 30 minutes of applying Red Velvet my upper lip had puffed up and the skin had become irritated and tight. I don't know what is different about Revlon's Lip Butter formula, but I simply can't wear these again. It's been a week and my lips are still dried out, tight and irritated. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in this product--never had this happen with any other lip product from Revlon (or any other company for that matter). I suggest avoiding these if you have sensitive skin or are prone to cold sores.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Happy and satisfied with the moisturizing quality, pigmentation, and staying power. I purchased Pink Truffle, a tawny rose, and Berry Smoothie, a light plummy pink, for my NC30/C4 light tan Asian complexion. They apply very smoothly and the pigmentation is not quite a lipstick, like 75% opacity. Totally odorless and tasteless. I will wear both these shades constantly; they are both MLBB shades on my NC30/C4 Asian complexion. I love the shine and the slight sheerness means I can apply with ease and without a mirror, lol. They last about 2 hours, about the same as a lipgloss or the Nars Sheer lippies (my usual HG lip). A great deal for $6! Will buy in more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by emilybird

I don't normally buy drugstore makeup, but I bought Tutti Frutti on a whim and fell in love. It's a nice, sheer, orange-y color on me, definitely more orange than coral. I ended up buying Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle today, and hope to eventually pick up a few more.

I find the colors are sheer, but buildable. They're moisturizing and long lasting. They're totally wearable for everyday too. Basically, they're everything I want in a lipstick and super cheap. I highly recommend these

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jcr47

Buy these now. Please.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by liltweety

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i just found these lip butters at my local walgreens to say that they just got them they had a deal buy one get one half off. im wearing the peach parfait right now. So far I am loving them!! They are hard to find because of all the good reviews.. i bought 4 ... Go out and get them there delicious! The wear time is good,it makes your lips real soft you wouldn't believe its a balm. i also use the baby lips which are good too but these for me last a little bit longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ArtSmartzGirl

I like this very much! I have mine in Peach Parfait, which is a reddish-peachy color. The packaging is very cute and I like how you can actaully see the color through the top. The only thing is that these leave my lips a little dry after a while and the color doesn't last super long. Would purchase again though and I would like to try out different colors!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is more lip tint or sheer lipstick. It dried out my lips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bout a bunch of these after hearing amazing reviews here and on Youtube. I live in Asia and practically, we get stuff here a little bit later (Like the CoverGirl Nature Luxe foundations just came in mid this year late!) and I was beyond shocked to see these in my Revlon counter just months before this got released in the US. So for obvious reasons, I went ahead and bought a couple. I have this in Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle, and my all time favorite, Red Velvet, and guess what? I couldn't be any happier to snag all of these! I'm probably going back to get more because these are what I want my lipsticks to be! Pigmented, moisturizing, and glossy that is simply a breeze to apply. I love how this feels like a lipbalm on the lips and yet go on as pigmented, and it doesn't slip or slide, unlike some of my other lipsticks that claim to be moisturizing. I heard that these are a dupe for the Dior Addict lipsticks in terms of consistency and pigmentation, and I am glad to say that they are 100% the same, except for the insane difference in price! I have constantly tried the Dior Addict lipsticks in my counter and have fell in love with them, but have constantly sought after a dupe for the feel and pigmentation, and finally this gave me the perfect feel on my lips for a quarter of the price! I highly recommend you go out and buy this because true enough, the raves and reviews are true! This is a phenomenal product! I highly recommend this! An absolute holy grail lip product for me! :)

EDIT:
I have EIGHT of these now! :)) I went out to buy Cherry Tart, Candy Apple, Macaroon, and Raspberry Pie, and glad to say these are all I've been wearing on my lips. And since it doesn't go on heavy like your lipstick, I can change up my look from day to night with a swipe of a darker color in seconds. I carry a pouch of my favorite colors in my bag because I just can't go anywhere without them! :))

EDIT:
I bought FOUR more of these: Tutti Frutti, Sugar Plum, Brown Sugar, and Berry Smoothie for a total of 12 lip butters. I think I need an intervention! But seriously, I love these so much, It's the first time I went out to buy almost the whole range of colors from one single brand!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

I have this in Berry Smoothie, which appears to be a deep berry pink with fine sparkles in the tube. On lips it gives a very sheer sheen with a touch of medium pink - making lips appear moist and quite kissable :) For me (NC20), it creates the perfect MLBB look. The staying power is as can be expected from such a moisturizing formula. But I find it perfect for the winter months, when my lips seem too dry for lipstick, even with regular exfoliation.
That said, I think the cute plastic packages contain too little of the product, especially considering how fast it wears away - a couple wears have already shortened my tube visibly.