September 17, 2014 | 1998 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

I have never been able to pull off lipsticks, because I lick or rub them off within ten minutes. As a result I've been a slave to Chapsticks and lip glosses for most of my life. I enjoy these because they have the consistency of chapstick or a lip gloss, but with a nice, flattering pop of color. This is the only way I can wear color on my lips. I have been carrying a few around in my purse, and so far have had no problems with lids popping off. My only complaint is that these rub off on anything your lips touch, much like any lip gloss would.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these.
I have two; Red Velvet and Creamsicle.
Red Velvet is a fabulous, deep cream red.
Creamsicle is a beautiful, wearable sheer peachy nude.
I really adore these; they last about an hour, but they feel amazing to reapply so I don't mind!
They aren't particularly moisturizing, but they definitely aren't drying!
I wholeheartedly recommend these!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by piratelass87

I am absolutely in love with this product. I own it in three shades now, Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, and Red Velvet. Out of the three I would have to say that Red Velvet would be my favorite as it finally makes it possible for me to wear a chic red lip. I usually avoid lipsticks like the plauge. They dry out my delicate lips and end up flaking in just a matter of minutes. That and I tend to rub my lips together, ALOT! However, when I use the lip butters I find that my lips stay moisturized, and when I rub my lips, even though of course the color wears down a bit I am left with the most lovely of slight stains. I would rate Sweet Tart as my next favorite, as it is the perfect shade of pink that always manages to brighten my face. And Strawberry Shortcake would be my third. It is a little too blue based for my coloring, and I really only use it when I want a little less boring version of something nude to go with a charcoal eye. I would recommend these products to anyone, especially anyone who has chronically chapped lips like me, and I certainly intend to pick up some more of these colors. I think there is something like twenty shades available, but I hope they release more!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day and the first time I tried it, the first thing that came to mind was "holy hype Batman!". The idea that this is moisturizing is crazy, this sucked all the moisture out of my lips and I find that literally the only way I can manage to wear this is with chapstick on underneath (which kind of negates the whole "buying it because it's more moisturizing than a regular lipstick" schtick). As far as texture goes, imagine a lip gloss that is a lipstick and that pretty much sums it up (thick, spreads like molasses). I bought peach parfait and on my fairly pigmented lips this imparted very little color, however, the glitter factor is over the top. Nothing like wearing a lipstick where you can literally see huge chunks of glitter on your lips. Overall, I don't find this to be any better than any other lipstick out on the market right now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

These are pretty expensive for what they are. It's a tinted lip balm. Yes I love tinted lip balms because they don't cause my pigmented lips to look ghostly. But this is expensive and doesn't moisturize as well lip balms. It's more like a sheer lipstick that looks like a balm. In sun light it makes the lips look almost wet. Awesome effect but not worth ~$7USD. I have bought the Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers for years and those are a little under $2 for one. A lot more worth it and it moisturizes. I might try the L'oreal ones instead.
1/29/12 update: The first review was off of shade 050 (Berry smoothie) and I just recently bought 065 (Creamsicle). Odd fact is that these are two different textures. I'm raising my 2 to a 3 cause I could see how people could like these. I don't know if I got a bad batch with 050 but it had glitter in it and was very drying on my lips. Now 065 is a different story. It's more of a lip butter and is a lot more moisturizing than 050. I don't know why brands do this with their products. I wish this was more consistent. Overall though this is still expensive at $7USD for a lip product that does not last all day. If it moisturized & lasted all day I'd pay the money for it. Over all there is a hype behind this as they aren't the greatest thing. I do like how 065 feels on my lips though vs 050. I probably won't buy more of these but I am keeping the container to melt my other lip balms into this (they're classy looking). Also you get very little for what you pay for. The Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers you get 4g in it while with the lip butters you only get 2.55g.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by earthgirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I was in California visiting my parents, I picked up a couple of these as they aren't available in the UK. It's winter here and freezing, so all I want to do is reach for my lip balm. Revlon's Lip Butter takes the place of my lip balm while adding a lovely colour to perk up my face. And the colour stays on better than my lip balm! I seriously recommend this inexpensive alternative to combining much lip balm and drying lipstick that won't stay.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good product overall. packaging is cute and the top is clear so you can see the color inside. My lip butter broke easily after the third time applying it. Has a light sweet scent. Moisturizing. The texture of a balm, the pigmentation of a lipstick and the shine of a gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Are the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters really worth all of the hype that they are getting through YouTube? I'm not so sure. Is it a great lipstick? Yes it is!

They are a nice creamy formula that I absolutely love, and it kind of reminds me of Benefit's Silky Finish Lipsticks, which are my all time favorite. The only thing that isn't quite up to par to its Benefit counterpart is the Revlon does not last quite as long. Because of that I can imagine that I will probably go through these lippies quite quickly, so in the end it actually might be more cost efficient to get the higher end lipstick that you need less of.

The colors, out of the four that I have are fantastic. They are quite pigmented and have a great color range. Although I have to admit it is extremely hard to find in stores, and could only be found in one Target out of 4 and they shelves were bare at 3 CVS.

So I'm pretty sure all of those empty shelves are testament to how great this product is. The only reason I am giving this 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I've found something better. But in the drugstore range, this is the absolute best that I have tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for Brown Sugar. Very smooth, moisturizing, some sparkle in it but not overbearing. Wears like a dream - feels like "buttah" on my lips. And yes - even after it wore off - my lips still felt soft. My only gripe is that it comes in a full-sized lipstick tube but only 1/2 of the tube is full. Very deceiving. Decently priced though. This is the same quality as Clinique Lip Butters but cheaper. I want to try other colors eventually also. Try them - you won't be dissapointed. Good job Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a nice, non threatening red lip color that is still pigmented. Originally, I was looking at Lancome's Le French Touch Absolu, wondering if it was worth shelling out $35. I was watching a video on youtube on frmheadtotoe's review of a new Revlon lip product, and she compared the cherry tart lip butter to the Lancome lipstick, and actually liked the Revlon one better. So, I decided to pick it up at CVS, they had BOGO going on, so I picked up cotton candy along with cherry tart. And.....I love them! They are pigmented, and moisturizing. My favorite lipsticks.