July 22, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by veronicapaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great for me. I used to swear by CG Lash Blast (orange tube) but I think I might like this one better! It doesn't flake, it gives me volume and length, and I don't have to use as many coats or strokes with this one. I also really enjoy the brush...it's kind of flimsy but it works wonders. I hope Maybelline doesn't discountinue this item because this is my new all time favorite drug-store mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh... If you ENJOY applying 2-3 coats of mascara, you might like the results of One by One. IMO, you literally have to coat EACH lash "one by one" to get any length, volume, or pretty much anything else out of this.

It does not cause my eyes to itch, no horrible smell, no flaking,,,just a labor intensive application. Glad I only paid about $5.00!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I reallly like this product. I have SEVERE problems with mascaras. Most I can't even use because it either burns my eyes and/or gives me a headache. This one does neither. I also really like the brush design. I prefer the plastic wands to the bristle wands.. and the design is better than the previous. (Lash blast and what not) It really separates the lashes. I also noticed it actually has a nice scent to it too. (at least it does to me) Most mascaras smell gross.. But this one has a floral scent.. almost like roses. I think I have found my HG mascara!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

horrible.

my lashes aren't sparse by any means, but they do look much better with mascara on them, which is why i wear it...

too bad this product can't deposit anything on my lashes! it does coat them fairly cleanly and does separate them pretty well on the first coat, but after that it's all downhill.

i'm going to use this as a first coat before the falsies so i get the separation i want from this and the oomph i expect from a mascara from the falsies.

by itself, though, it's useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this out because I love maybelline mascaras and my lashes do not like to separate for anything. When I first got this I didn't like it because I thought it made my lashes clumpy and I thought it irritated my eyes. Then I found out it was something else irritating my eyes. After a month of using it, I actually really like it. It separates my lashes really well and it makes them very defined and pretty. It adds some volume too. I feel like the formula is pretty dry for the most part at least for me. Other people think otherwise but for me its dry and I like that. All you need is one coat. Sometimes I can add two coats but the more coats you add, the clumpier it gets. It does have that rose scent that everyone hates but it doesn't bother me and you don't smell it when it's on. The brush has absolutely no clumps though. I rarely have to wipe anything off. Overall, pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by keeshondowner

I love this mascara! I was previously using and loving CG Lash Blast in the orange tube, but wanted to give this a shot. I like it even better! The only thing is that it is very wet, but I like my mascara wet. So if you don't, you might not like this.

UPDATE: I changed my mind about this macara. It applies nicely WHILE STILL WET. Once dry, if you try to add more, it gets pretty clumpy. But my biggest complaint is that this mascara flakes pretty badly. Back to Lashblast I go!

Note to self...must not review products until used more than once! LOL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

This mascara is great! I use a few different Maybelline mascaras; Colossal for the awesome volume, and Define A Lash when I want long, seperated, sharp eyelashes.
I was in love with Colossal for it's drama, but I couldn't deal with the clumpiness. It was good for a week or two then got clumpier and clumpier. Prematurely buying more Colossals was irritating.
I was getting some more Define A Lash at Walgreens when the makeup clerk told me they were having a One by One sale which is said to be very comparable to Colossal in volume. That caught my attention for sure!
The brush is so-so... It's great at gripping and coating your mid-lashes, as far as the outer corner goes, it takes some different angles. It's a pretty creamy formula that evenly coats each lash and kind of seperates them like Define A Lash but also lenghtens and volumizes.

I love it. It's easier to work with and offers a thick, LUSH set of lashes. It also washes off very easily.
As far as the smell, I don't mind it... Smells like a stinky petunia. Can get clumpy, but easily avoidable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by beeeky9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara! I had been using the Colossal one for a long time and i loved that too, but, i decided to try this one..its amazing! Its cheap and it works wonderfully! It lengthens very nicely and gives nice volume without clumping, and it comes off super easy with water!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MsTish89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this after reading all the good reviews here but unfortunately it just wasn't for me. The packaging was fine and you can't be the price. It just didn't wow me. It definitely didn't build on my lashes the way I prefer. It left my lashes very fine and separated but I almost couldn't see them that's how fine they were. Trying to build them up left them spidery. Definitely prefer cover girl lash blast volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

Love this! All the great things people have been saying are definitely true. I was amazed by this.