April 20, 2014 | 1688 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by FionaWade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. As an ex MAC employee, naturally I've tried all of MAC's foundations and have not been able to have any of them agree with me. I was very pleased when this one came out and I've had no issues with it! I can wear it all day, it doesn't even look like I have foundation on, it doesn't make me break out, and it covers any dark spots I need covered on my skin.

I wouldn't put this on anyone who is extremely dry, or anyone who needs coverage over their entire face, but for minor touch ups it's perfect. I'm also very pleased with the fact that I don't need to put any powder over it. In fact- I'd never put powder anywhere near this.

I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay maybe it's just because I cannot find any colors to match my face (no matter how many ways I mix the shades. WTF with the no NW15 thing? Especially when the NW20 is SO dark and pink), but once applied this foundation looks awful on me. I am wearing it right now in the early afternoon light and I am orangey and look cakey. Yet somehow I can still see all my sun damage and discoloration lurking underneath, they look like purply grey shadows, which makes my face look weirdly dirty. Also, I am noticing pores and wrinkles that I honestly never knew I had before, especially around my mouth, and if there was ever a product that was designed to tell me when it is time to bleach my 'stache, this is it. Honestly, I am almost laughing right now because this looks SO BAD on me. Anyway, I can see that on a lot of people (not pale people though) this would work out fine, but for me I find the color impossible to match, it looks and feels pretty dry, accentuates my pores and fine lines, and doesn't hide any of my acne scars, freckles or discoloration. Also not good on ladies with any kind of peach fuzz or facial hair. Too bad, the search goes on.......

PS- I like the concealer though, for spot coverage only.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation - and I never love foundations. Usually I hate them, and buy them begrudgingly when my skin starts to act up. And I wear them, and hate them the whole time - my face either looks like a mask, or the foundation is so sheer you can't even tell I've put anything on. But this foundation is really kind of amazing. It is mattifying, so if you have dry skin, pass on this one. It blends perfectly and easily into my skin, and does a really nice job of covering most of my skin imperfections. And, it lasts all day! How cool is that?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the past few weeks, everytime I signed onto MUA, I saw 5 star rating reviews for this. I HAD to try it when I read phrases such as "my search is finally over!!". I'm nc44 which this foundation doesn't come in. I got nc45 and immediately notice the colors were a bit off. When I first applied it, its indeed alottt more orange than usual but you've got to blend it well. My face was completely oil free for several hours which is amazing for me. Everything else is horrible about this foundation. It did not look natural at all on me, and I only used a pea sized amouth (literally) and blended with my 187. It looked very masky like if I had a ton of MU on especially when I put blush over it. And it made my face feel very tight, even though I have oily skin AND I moisturize well. The colors are weird on me, at first it blended well but left a grayish cast. Its really odd considering that all other mac foundations match me very well. Back to mac it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is mattifying so you don't want it if you are very dry. Finish is wonderful. I did not use a primer and had no trouble. Lasts a long time. The only thing I would warn is to get color-matched, even if you think you know your MAC shade. I usually wear NW20, but NW20 in this foundation is a little orange on me. I'm going to try to get a better match.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will be repurchasing this unless another product comes out that can match it's lasting power. This is an amazing product, it really lasts up to 12 hours. I tested it yesterday, putting it on in the morning at 7 before work and throughout the day it looked as if it had still been freshly applied. I would say I noticed a slight difference at about 5. My nose was slightly shiny and I did have a slight dewy look.
But I have very very dry skin so it was nice to see some dewiness at the end of the day rather than the dry patches of skin that are usually on my cheeks. By 11pm at night after drinks and dinner my make-up had not moved around, it wasn't as fresh looking as in the morning but I wasn't feeling like it looked bad either. I could have left it and just applied a little more blush!
Overall very good! With the concealer you really only need one layer as it does become full coverage. I think you have to hold back on putting too much on, I feel that despite being labeled sheer to medium it can easily be layered to be full coverage.
EDIT:
Unfortunately I have had terrible breakouts with the pro longwear series and have had to stop using this foundation. I still believe it is of superior quality in it's lasting power but reserve it only for special occasions. I'll use it on my wedding day. It's that good. But not for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by XEverX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry, sensitive, light skin. I bought this product remembering some other MAC foundation I bought before that had been wonderful, but it was was not this.
Overall it was not that impressive of coverage, I really can't say its any better than other foundations I've used. (I normally use Dior or maybelline).
Maybe my expectations are too high, but I though it would be a more full, silky and fullfilling experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by renneyg

This stays on, doesn't transfer, maintains its color, doesn't smell, doesn't feel like paint, maintains a fairly matt finish but it does oxidise.
For the record, i have fair/medium, neutral/warm skin (NC25-30), with some acne scarring and a few lines around my eyes. My skin gets very oily around my T-zone and dry on my cheeks and temples.
I was originally advised by the Mac Assistant to get NC25 because this foundation runs a bit darker and is very yellow. NC25 was a good match but i an NC30 just made me look healthier without any real contrast to my neck.
I applied it using a standard foundation brush, on a Gosh anti-wrinkle primer. It needed quite a bit of blending but amazingly no powder needed. I also found my eyeshadow & eyeliner stayed intact through a twelve hour working day.
The bottle is so easy to use and you only need a tiny amount. I put a tiny pump into a mac pot and dipped my brush in. Some minor issues: it settles in lines slightly and i've found the only way i can perfect the color is to mix NC25 & 30 which is too expensive. Thank god for Mac Matchmaster ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Not keen on this at all. I'm an NC42 with golden undertones and the shades in this foundation run too light and too yellow/orange. I tried 4 shades in total and none of them matched me. I looked like I was in the first stages of kidney failure, and some of the shades turned me radioactive orange aswell.

I have normal/combo oily skin and this dried my skin out badly. I never have dry skin, so when this foundation dried me out, even with moisturiser underneath, I knew it wasn't for me. Emphasized dry patches I never even knew I had and just didn't look like REAL skin - way too matte.

Coverage is light to medium, which suits me fine as I don't have acne or any major blemishes. When I did have some blemishes though, it didn't cover them at all.

Lasting power is good, yes, but my Revlon photoready and colourstay foundations last longer for a cheaper price and with better colour ranges. There is not 1 thing about this foundation I like. To make things worse, I'm sure this foundation was the cause of the blemishes on my cheeks. Definately wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

MY SEARCH IS FINALLY OVER!!! I recommend that EVERYONE get color matched for this (the coloring is a little off MAC normal foundation chart). I'm wearing NC50, Pro Longwear Concealer in NW40 (I have both NC and NW undertones).

Pros:
*Lasts for HOURS (I have oily skin and usually have to blot about 3 times daily. I only had to blot once!!!)
*Looks like your skin. Medium coverage. Not cakey, not overdone. Like you but a little better, if that makes any sense.
*LOVE that this comes with a pump!

Con:
*WARNING: THIS DRIES REALLY FAST! YOU MUST WORK WITH THIS QUICKLY OTHERWISE IT WILL DRY AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE IT!

Other than that, it's one of the best damn things since sliced bread!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No