MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 1/16/2011 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't like this foundation. I wish I would, but I don't. The colour is great for my face. I have a little tan and I usually get a brownish/reddish tan instead of a yellow tan. However my hands get pale very quickly and so does my face (yellowish undertones). I went to the mac counter to get the SFF, however the MA recommended this one instead of the SFF. The SFF would be too yellow for me and the Pro Longwear has less yellow pigments in it. I was matched NC25. IT is a decent match (I think NC30 would be better). The MA applied it on me with a foundation brush and it looked good. So I got a bottle of it. However at home, I cannot apply the foundation naturally. It is like a stain and the coverage is more likely to be sheer instead of medium (buildable). When I apply it lightly, I get patches everywhere, even when I have moisturised my skin very well. I probably apply 10(!) pumps to get full coverage. I have moderate rosacea and the redness in my face isn't too bad. However whenever I use a few pumps (like I always do with all the foundation), I can still see the redness in my face clearly. I stopped using this foundation a while ago and decided to try again today. Big mistake! It looked so cakey and unnatural (I did cover the redness though). My skin looked very good from a distance, however when taking a look closer, you could see the foundation had sank into my pores (I don't have large pores). I wanted to wash my face asap but I was at work. So I was aware of my skin/foundation all day long and that wasn't a nice feeling... Nope.. This is not a winner for me. Estee Lauder's Double Wear is much better.. Would not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I've had a lot of foundations to try and this one is the winner .. definitely. It wears all day long without feeling heavy, you actually don't even notice that you're wearing foundation. I recommended this to my mom and a good friend of mine and both of them are loving it, too!:)

on 1/15/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really really wanted to like this foundation, because I can always count on MAC when it comes to getting the exact color match for my skin (NC30). However, within 3 days of using this product, I've gone from having clear skin with just a few acne scars to a face full of cystic acne. I am very upset that I worked so hard to clear my skin up just to have this foundation ruin it within days. Moreover, the consistency was very sticky on my skin, which made me feel very uncomfortable. Like I said, I really wanted to like this product but in the end I was thoroughly disappointed. Sorry, MAC.

Wonderful product! So practical! Really exceptional! Why?
A) Because of the finish, neither too glowy on my combination skin (sadly, Chanels Pro Lumiere looked fantastic on my cheeks but melted away on my nose!) nor too matte (sadly, Estee Lauders Double Wear looks to dull although it covers perfectly, and you have to be very careful to apply it correctly, then it can look great), just a satin smooth finish with good coverage, natural appearance and a nice luminosity!
B) It keeps its promises!!! It lasts!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Wayne Goss said in one of his reviews: it's more like a stain, so it doesn't melt of your face! Unbelievable!!! And this in an unbeatable aspect for me!
Make sure you experiment with the right moisturizer! This make-up is not very forgiving if you don't handle this right. Once I put on a moisturizer and waited half an hour and when I put on this foundation (NC25) it didn't look good, my skin looked too dry. So moisturizing is key to this make up!!!! I finish with Mac's Prep and prime powder, throw on blush, MAC Brule, Mascara, Bronzer, Eyebrows and I am ready in less than 15 Min. with my complete make up. LOVE!

on 1/14/2011 12:43:00 PM

This is by far my favorite product of 2010. It is a perfect shade match and wears all day. I have oily/combination skin and it feels so nice on my skin. This is a real keeper, will definitely re-purchase!

on 1/12/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have tried a lot of foundations to be honest but when i read about this one it caught my notice. It says 'A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection.'
Well this seemed quite appealing to me seems as I have really oily skin and my make up does go quite shiny quite quickly.There's a lot of shades so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a correct shade to match you.I tried NC15 in this foundation, as I applied the foundation to my face I notice that it blends really well and turns to a natural kind of finish but I'd say more matte if I'm honest.I found that it was very build-able when applying additional amounts over the first application.So about 8 hours into the day I notice that i didn't really need to touch up as it was still not that oily looking.So when it came to the end of my day the foundation was still in place and didn't wear off throughout the whole day which is great news for me!
so overall i was very impressed with this product and I will be purchasing it again
xo
UPDATE(1st May 2011)- This foundation is still one of my favourites and it is working great for summer as my face defies the melting off the extreme heat haha!

on 1/12/2011 4:03:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for about three months now. I love it. It looks great on my face from the moment I apply it until I wash my face at night. It doesn't transfer to clothes (hubby is very happy now and can wear a white shirt while he is with me :) The foundation offers medium buildable coverage and it is easy to go to a full coverage. The only con that I found was the range of colors available. The first shade I got was a bit too dark for me but the one i am using now is perfect. Even hubby was impressed ... one day he just looked at me and told me my makeup looked flawless.. and you know how much guys "care" about that :)
Overall, great product.

on 1/11/2011 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is my first ever MAC foundation and I'm really impressed! Cost a fair bit here in Oz ($52?) but I believe it's worth the money.

My shade (NW20) is perfect, it blends perfectly and it stays on FOREVER. Takes a little elbow grease to get it all off actually!

The pump is a great idea and doesn't disperse too much product.

The finish is wonderful too, not full on dewy or matte, it's somewhere in between. Can feel a bit 'sticky' to the touch but once set with powder (I use MSFN) it's fine.

I recommend it :)

on 1/10/2011 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a really beautiful foundation. It blends flawlessly, has great coverage, is decent enough for dry skin, but it is comparable to another foundation I've tried: Revlon Colorstay. My only gripe about that one is the formula for dry skin runs a little darker in the fairer shades than the formula for oily skin! Therefore, there is not quite a right match for me. I thought that this might be a match but the NC15 is DARK and because it has under tones closer to PEACH than to YELLOW, it looks a bit orange on my golden yellow under tones. It's really too bad because this formula does last all day and looks very smooth.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually really in love with this foundation. I've never been so in love with the texture of a foundation as this! When it comes out of the pump, it's a bit on the thicker side (nothing abnormal though, just kinda thick). When I don't have a primer on it's a little hard to get on evenly with a regular foundation brush (might be better with a stippling brush, but God knows where mine is). With a primer on, it glides on beautifully and it gives this incredibly smooth texture, fills in fine lines and doesn't settle into my pores. It has medium coverage so I need to use concealer on my problem spots. Once I have it on with my Studio Finish concealer, utter perfection! Definitely one of my favorite foundations I've bought in a long time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials