July 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I got this in medium tan& it's darker than the original The coverage is not good-very uneven,poor coverage(applied with 182 brush which works great for mmu). I will use it for days-off when I don't need the coverage.The staying power is poor also.I would say the original is better if you can tolerate the Bismuth-it makes my face itch so I can't use it!All things considered I would suggest EM base in "intensive" if you want a great mmu with the qualities lacking in this one.Much less expensive too!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Ereinsberg

I have oily/combination skin and I use the bare escentuals regular formula. I wanted to try this b/c it is marketed for my skin type. However this did not work for me at all! I have red cheeks and it didnt cover that up at all. It also looked very spotty around my mouth and streaked in my smile lines. I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ruthieflowers92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted this product to work since it doesn't have the bismuth that usually breaks me out. Unfortunately, whatever else is in BE breaks me out too. Good coverage, but why use something that's going to create more zits?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product simply because it didn't contain Bismuth, but I've come to the consensus that BE just sucks all around....at least for me. This would probably work wonders on someone with really oily skin. My skin is mostly dry with some slight oily sections in my T-zone, but even with regular blotting, I look like an oil slick which is why I was hoping this would work for me. I really should have known after the 1st usage that this wasn't going to work for me but I wanted to give it a real try..First off let me digress for a moment and comment on color. I'm NC15/20 and in the original BE I used Fairly Light. In the matte version this color, while it worked, was just a touch too dark for me. So when choosing a shade, A) I recommend a sample above all else and B) you may want to choose a shade lighter than what you use in the original formula. Now, on to the actual usage...Day 1...Applied a full face and noticed almost immediately that my face felt dry and a little tighter than usual, but it wasn't unbearable so I wore it all day, outside. As the day progressed the tight feeling got worse..although on the bright side, I was matte and shine free ALL freakin' day and may I add that I spent a few hours outside in hot, humid, southern weather.So I give it props for that..which is the reason why I gave it a 3 rating. Day 2 of usage lasted all day also, but on day 2 within a few hours my face started to itch around my nose and mouth. By the time I got home at the end of my day and washed my face..I couldn't WAIT to wash my face..it itched horribly. Upon removal my face was hot with raised red areas around my nose, mouth and upper lip. Day 3 I'm makeup free with a face smeared in cortisone cream to reduce the redness and inflammation. Tread very carefully using this product. Not sure what the offending ingredient was that caused all the trouble although in reading up on some of the ingredients, Calcium Silicate sounds sort of scary..It's derived from limestone and used in roads, insulation, bricks, roof tiles and table salt as an anti caking agent..But then theres the "Soil Minerals" who know what the hell that is..Could be from a toxic compost heap in a third world country for all I know

INGREDIENTS:

Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by liltweety

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well i got this sample from Ulta and i have been wanting to try it but the thing is I have combo skin and i wanted to see how it would cover especially with acne prone skin. I t covers ok but you have to use more of it. For some reason I am on the fence about this product because i constantly had to cover my blemishes, which only have a few but still I like the original so far, seeing that this is sample ill go back to it again, but I don't think Ill purchase the full size....

I will keep you updated.

OK, I definitely will not buy this in full size . i am using the MAC moisture tint and MAC mineralize skinfinish natural which suits me fine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I WANTED to like this. I really did. I was about to buy TWO to make my color. Well, I'm happy I got the sample and tried it for a few days.
First off, the colors run darker, like a shade darker. I was medium tan in the orginal version but it had too much of a sheen on my tan skin. I was thinking to get a shade lighter in the matte version since it's a shade up. I didn't think that was a really good idea because in the original version its WAY lighter. Anywho
Second, it has less coverage, way less coverage than the orginal version.
Third, this version sounds cool it's infused with the RareMinerals ActiveSoil complex which is suppose to absorb excess oil and eliminate shine. HOWEVER, I'm an oily person, I use about 3-4 oil blotting sheets a day and this felt so friggin dry on my face. Even when I got some of my oil off with the blotting sheets I felt dry again. So it was either being shiny as hell or dry as hell, now THAT irritated my skin. It's crazy I would think that the original version would irritate me because of the bismuth oxychloride, but it didn't and now THIS version did.
I like that they finally fixed the jar, but they should do that for ALL OF THEM NOW, not just the matte ones.
Packaging: 5/5
Product:3/5
Color variation: 3/5
I wouldn't purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally, BE has come out with a matte version for us oily skin gals who don't like the sparkly look and have pores that need covering!

Product Features:
Matte formuala COVERS my pores flawless and doesn't leave that awful sparkly look like the original

New sifter container - keeps product from spilling, LONG over-due B.E.!!!

Nice finish - not too matte or dry looking - just right for my combo skin

I may have to go out and get the mineral veil to go with it - I think BE has converted me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by bluesuze

I was excited to get my sample of this from Sephora. I have worn Fairly Light in the original BE foundation, but suspected it was giving me cystic acne. I also hated the shiny look. When I received the Matte sample of Fairly Light, it looked slightly darker and more orange than my original one. I have noticed also that the coverage is a little less than the original. The finish was nice, however. I won't be purchasing the full size. I'll be sticking to Meow Cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by smasters467

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The new Matte is awesome. I've always been a fan of BE products, and fortunately I don't have any reaction to the bismuth. The new Matte doesn't contain bismuth, and makes me look poreless. I agree with everyone else, you do need to use more, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by hemmerlyv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! The original was way to shimmery and made me look sweaty. This one is just right. It lasts all day and absorbs my oil. I have combination skin, so after the makeup "settles" and works with my skin, it is gorgeous. It looks better as the day goes on. I do need to us more than I thought for good coverage. It's buildable, so I keep on applying it until I get the coverage I want. I like that I can go light coverage or full coverage with the same product. The artists at Sephora were great at helping me with this product.