August 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by DianAdams

well i got a sample of this. the first time i used it, it was matte, but it made my face SOOOOO oily. so i put it away. i used it 1 more time the other day, and it was perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by GlitterGirl172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matte??? No on me its not as shiney as the original but it still makes me too shiney.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. It's not a bad foundation however it covers precious little. I was unable to use the original version of Bare Minerals because it made my skin feel itchy and greasy. I was very interested in trying this when I heard they were launching a matte foundation. Their lightest shade (Fairly Light) matched my pale, porcelain skin well and felt comfortable on my face, but no matter how much I added, I just couldn't get any decent coverage. It evens out your skin and looks natural, however if you have imperfect skin like me and need to add more, it begins to look a bit cakey for obvious reasons. It defies the very reason someone would buy a foundation such as this. If it can't cover well with one or two layers, then you are unable to get away with just this product. If I have to add lots of concealer and stuff, I am better off with my regular routine at this point. I have gotten better coverage from regular finishing powders. It does help to keep your face dry and it is natural looking, but if you have imperfect skin, this is probably not the right foundation for you. If you are a little blotchy and just want to even things out and that's all, you may love this. I never seem to have much luck with powder foundations, but this one covers almost nothing. Oh well back to Sephora it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

I have combination skin, bordering normal, and this actually made me more oily throughout the day for some reason. The coverage and color is actually nice and natural but I'll keep my eyes out for my perfect foundation still. I too tried the original formula back in the day but absolutely hate the shiny-ness it caused.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I deleted my original rave review of this product. Yes, the color match was perfect. Yes, when I mixed it with my other mineral makeup, the application was flawless. Yes, I got compliments on how awesome my face looked and I haven't received compliments like that in sooooooo long. But.....it made me break out so terribly after wearing it for 5 days. I mean, I broke out on my cheeks and in other areas of my skin that I NEVER break out in. My face is a disaster thanks to this. What a shame. The ingredient "soil components" (or whatever it states) scares me too. I agree with the previous reviewer.....it's like they threw dirt in there and said "voila" here is our new formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jod84

ewwww i dont know y every one loves this crap......it dont cover nothink, im fair skined so i got this in light omg i looked so pale i hate this stuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a samples of this in Fairly Light from Sephora, thinking that this new formulation might be friendlier to my skin. I had some serious reactive issues to the original foundation.

I wish I could say this is better than the old one. It sinks right into my fine lines and makes me look tired (I should not have used it under my eyes, I guess). The coverage, for me, is a 1 on a scale of 10 - minimal, blotchy, and dirty looking after a few hours. I actually look better with no makeup on than wearing this foundation :(

I tried it again the next day with a primer, and did not put it under my eyes. It still made me look ten years older. Blotchiness set in after about an hour. Also, on this second attempt, my skin was itching like crazy after a couple of hours. I could not wait to WASH IT OFF, and I did - right in the ladies' room at work. My need to remove it was that urgent.

My skin isn't overly reactive, although it is on the senstive side. I was really hoping this new formulation would work for me. I know people who look great in BE foundation, and won't use anything else. I use foundation every day, and I have a couple of mineral foundations that work well for me. Unfortunately, BE is not (and probably never will be) one of them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I got this in medium tan& it's darker than the original The coverage is not good-very uneven,poor coverage(applied with 182 brush which works great for mmu). I will use it for days-off when I don't need the coverage.The staying power is poor also.I would say the original is better if you can tolerate the Bismuth-it makes my face itch so I can't use it!All things considered I would suggest EM base in "intensive" if you want a great mmu with the qualities lacking in this one.Much less expensive too!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Ereinsberg

I have oily/combination skin and I use the bare escentuals regular formula. I wanted to try this b/c it is marketed for my skin type. However this did not work for me at all! I have red cheeks and it didnt cover that up at all. It also looked very spotty around my mouth and streaked in my smile lines. I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ruthieflowers92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted this product to work since it doesn't have the bismuth that usually breaks me out. Unfortunately, whatever else is in BE breaks me out too. Good coverage, but why use something that's going to create more zits?