Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 9/16/2009 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is such crap it's ridiculous. You get less product for more money. I HATE the new top. It does not make things less messy. It traps some of the powder in the plastic and you end up wasting a lot. I didn't even think the originally was messy or needed any changing. I tried this because I do get oily around my nose and have to blot during the day AND this doesn't have bismulth(s.p). It doesn't cover NEARLY as well as the original, and the colors ARE DIFFERENT. It definitely essentuated my pores!! I just had to powder my nose and I've only had this stuff on for about 3 hours. It feels different on the skin, in a bad way. It's more yellow than the original. If you like the original but have a more yellow skin tone and you don't have anything you're trying to cover up and you have the tiniest pores in the universe then maybe this would work for you. I'm returning this ASAP.

on 9/15/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm always looking for a foundation that will keep my skin looking matte (I love Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear), but I always like natural looking make up for days that I don't need as much coverage. I thought this would be my HG light coverage foundation, unfortunately, I was wrong. Not only did this not give me the coverage I desired, but about 3 hours after I put it on my face would get oily. I think this is for people that have combination skin and not really oily skin.

on 9/14/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I got this over the weekend and used it this morning (I have used Light in the winter & Medium Beige in he summer). I was very happy with the coverage and it did make my pores look smaller. I didn't need to reapply and it lasted all day. I will use this the rest of the week and then post an update. So far, definitely would repurchase.

UPDATE: much prefer the matte version to the original. I use my Clarisonic in the shower, then apply my oil-free moisturizer & eye cream, then the BM right after and VOILA poreless skin.I love the new packaging too - no product isn't wasted.

on 9/14/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

What I look for in a foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy, evens out my skin tone, lasts more than a couple of hours, and that it doesn't make me look like a "grease ball" by the end of the day. Never tried any Bare Escentuals product before. Got interested in this since it says "matte" on it. Having oily skin, and trying almost every foundation ever made, I decided to give this a try. It also seems that people really like this foundation. However, I don't like it at all. It does feel light on the skin. And when I applied it, it did even out my skin tone. However, the shade - medium beige- was too light for me. But, the next darker one was too dark. I bought the medium beige because I thought being too light would be better than being too dark. My issue with this foundation is that it did not lasts long on my face. After just a couple of hours, my face looked greasy. When it seems like I put a lot on, because it is starting to look cakey, I still get the greasy look. I even use the primer that goes with this for oily skin. Really not impressed. Still on the hunt for a foundation that will, at least, keep my oily skin from looking more oily in just a couple of hours.

on 9/14/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this product in Fairly Light. So right off the bat, it's just too matte for my dry skin. It also doesn't have as much coverage as the original, leading me to apply a lot to make it enough. It also looked sort of chalky on me, which I expected from the "matte"-ness. I heard that it had the tendency to turn orangey, which it did. I have heard that this is from the RareMinerals (which I don't like to begin with) it contains. I had also heard that the colors tended to run darker than the original, which I also agreed with. Hmm, but maybe that was just the orangey-ness. However, I will say that it wore well throughout the day,and didn't move. I can definately see how others like this better than the original. But all the negatives and my skin type just make it a product that's not for me, which I didn't think it would to begin with. So no dissapointments there!

I liked the original, but didn't love. This stuff I love. It really does minimize my pores, while the original seemed to accentuate them. I like the new design of the packaging, but it still gets a little messy, that's why I rated it a 4. It's hard though, with this type of make-up to get a mess proof way to apply it.
This is a good product and I would purchase again- plus it has SPF and you gotta love that! AND it still looks fresh after 8 hours, another plus.

on 9/12/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product, however, I don't feel like they have enough color choices. I've got a medium-tan (Indian) skin tone and it's really hard for me to find a true color match. I tried the 'Medium' one and it was a bit light. Then I tried the 'Tan' one and it was a too dark...so, I was very frustrated. However, I do like matte foundations and this product leaves no oily spots in your face! It would be great for lighter skin tones :-)

on 9/11/2009 9:08:00 PM

Overall I like this product. It take me more product though to get the same amount of coverage as the original.

on 9/11/2009 7:57:00 PM

You know this product isnt all natural, that's wat they say but its all lies!!!

on 9/11/2009 5:58:00 PM

This is a very good foundation for me. It covers really well and has fantastic staying power. I like it just as much as the original BE and love that it has the rare minerals line incorporated into it. It is pricey but it doesn't take much to acheive coverage (the right brush is the trick--flat top buffer brush from Everyday Minerals) and a jar will last several months. Use too much and you'll look cakey. I'd say start with small amounts applying as many layers as you need and just use your brush to really blend.