Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 9/14/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I got this over the weekend and used it this morning (I have used Light in the winter & Medium Beige in he summer). I was very happy with the coverage and it did make my pores look smaller. I didn't need to reapply and it lasted all day. I will use this the rest of the week and then post an update. So far, definitely would repurchase.

UPDATE: much prefer the matte version to the original. I use my Clarisonic in the shower, then apply my oil-free moisturizer & eye cream, then the BM right after and VOILA poreless skin.I love the new packaging too - no product isn't wasted.

on 9/14/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

What I look for in a foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy, evens out my skin tone, lasts more than a couple of hours, and that it doesn't make me look like a "grease ball" by the end of the day. Never tried any Bare Escentuals product before. Got interested in this since it says "matte" on it. Having oily skin, and trying almost every foundation ever made, I decided to give this a try. It also seems that people really like this foundation. However, I don't like it at all. It does feel light on the skin. And when I applied it, it did even out my skin tone. However, the shade - medium beige- was too light for me. But, the next darker one was too dark. I bought the medium beige because I thought being too light would be better than being too dark. My issue with this foundation is that it did not lasts long on my face. After just a couple of hours, my face looked greasy. When it seems like I put a lot on, because it is starting to look cakey, I still get the greasy look. I even use the primer that goes with this for oily skin. Really not impressed. Still on the hunt for a foundation that will, at least, keep my oily skin from looking more oily in just a couple of hours.

on 9/14/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this product in Fairly Light. So right off the bat, it's just too matte for my dry skin. It also doesn't have as much coverage as the original, leading me to apply a lot to make it enough. It also looked sort of chalky on me, which I expected from the "matte"-ness. I heard that it had the tendency to turn orangey, which it did. I have heard that this is from the RareMinerals (which I don't like to begin with) it contains. I had also heard that the colors tended to run darker than the original, which I also agreed with. Hmm, but maybe that was just the orangey-ness. However, I will say that it wore well throughout the day,and didn't move. I can definately see how others like this better than the original. But all the negatives and my skin type just make it a product that's not for me, which I didn't think it would to begin with. So no dissapointments there!

I liked the original, but didn't love. This stuff I love. It really does minimize my pores, while the original seemed to accentuate them. I like the new design of the packaging, but it still gets a little messy, that's why I rated it a 4. It's hard though, with this type of make-up to get a mess proof way to apply it.
This is a good product and I would purchase again- plus it has SPF and you gotta love that! AND it still looks fresh after 8 hours, another plus.

on 9/12/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product, however, I don't feel like they have enough color choices. I've got a medium-tan (Indian) skin tone and it's really hard for me to find a true color match. I tried the 'Medium' one and it was a bit light. Then I tried the 'Tan' one and it was a too dark...so, I was very frustrated. However, I do like matte foundations and this product leaves no oily spots in your face! It would be great for lighter skin tones :-)

on 9/11/2009 9:08:00 PM

Overall I like this product. It take me more product though to get the same amount of coverage as the original.

on 9/11/2009 7:57:00 PM

You know this product isnt all natural, that's wat they say but its all lies!!!

on 9/11/2009 5:58:00 PM

This is a very good foundation for me. It covers really well and has fantastic staying power. I like it just as much as the original BE and love that it has the rare minerals line incorporated into it. It is pricey but it doesn't take much to acheive coverage (the right brush is the trick--flat top buffer brush from Everyday Minerals) and a jar will last several months. Use too much and you'll look cakey. I'd say start with small amounts applying as many layers as you need and just use your brush to really blend.

on 9/8/2009 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used to use the original formula and loved it. After about a year, it changed and made me really oily. That was very odd since I do not have oily skin. So, when the new formula came out, I was excited to come back to BE. However, I was wrong. This stuff is worse.

The colors are totally different. My sister, my mom, and I tried three different shades and none of them compared to the regular BE medium shades. They're all yellowy and look greally gross on.

The positive- the packaging is a huge improvement.

For now, I'm giving it a pretty good review. I saw this in my Sephora catalog awhile back and thought, hey I should try this! BE was great on my skin, it looked beautiful but it gave me horrible acne that took forever to get rid of. So lets break down the points!

PACKAGING: Nice! The sifter easily turns to make it more manageable. All it takes is a simple turn. Although I will say, the product will still pour out if shaken or upside down even when the sifter is closed. You'll notice when you turn it, the powder is all clumped there.

FORMULA: I don't really know what made me breakout from BE but whatever it was, I don't think its breaking me out this time. And let me say that EVERYTHING breaks me out. I love the formula of BE because it helps keep my skin looking nice, and also is thick enough to cover my pores. I noticed that alot of other mineral makeups (ahem... Everyday Minerals Matte) gave me good coverage, but I had huge pores! It was no help. I've used this foundation for exactly 2 days to see if any breakouts had occured and nothing had happened, so hopefully it stays that way. It does feel a bit drying due to its "matte properties" so a good moisturizer would be useful.

MATTENESS: the test is tomorrow when I go to school. Most of my makeup cakes up INSTANTLY. So the test is tomorrow.

LESS COVERAGE?: Alot of people had mentioned the "less coverage" thing, and I didn't seem to notice anything about that at all. I used the flawless face brush and did a nice swirl and tap and buff, and it came out fine (i have to use more than one layer anyway, so maybe you can't compare) .

REACTIONS to PRODUCT: I didn't get any itchyness or dryness at all. I had no red spots (like some people claim to get) and I have very sensetive skin. So I was much surprised because I noticed that the original BE had.

BE < BEM! The matte one doesn't make my skin irritated, or break out!

EDIT SEPT 30TH: I did break out from this. Whatever it is, my sensetive skin hates it. I'm now having to deal with horrible cheek acne... its slowly going away but I've switched.