October 30, 2014 | 1719 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by amypaige1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this for free in the mall and was pretty excited to try it based on the rave reviews of the original. I had tried the original before but it make my skin so shiny it was just awful. Well, no shine this time- but after wearing it for two hours or so my skin felt like it was BURNING! Clearly I am allergic to something in this stuff so for now it's back to liquid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Update 3/2012~I am upping the lippies to 4 and here's why...this is a simple formula, and not as matte as I thought due to learning to go over this with the brush a little more. It gives good coverage and withstands the heat and humidity without the itchy/burning feeling or shine of the original. I probably won't use this other than in warm weather, but then, my skin requires completely different skin care and makeup in the summer vs. winter. The shade Medium Beige is fairly forgiving on my slightly olive NC30 skin. I do feel as though I should mention that due to the tenacity of minerals buffed into the skin, I think they should be removed with an oil precleanse so as to avoid mineral residue remaining in the pores and potentially clogging them. My favorite for this purpose is Silk Naturals Apricot Cleansing Oil, but there are many others!~End Update This...is...matte. If you are oily, you may like this version of the normally shiny BE. I found it to be too matte, dry and one dimensional. I hear that they added some of the rare minerals to this~perhaps that's oil absorbing. The medium beige in the original is far more neutral than this medium beige, which is more peachy on me. Now if they could come up with a formula for normal skin...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by crazybaby4200

I`ll have to agree with other reviews that it does not have as much coverage as the normal foundation, but it does keep me less oily during the day which I really love about this. As for needing more coverage, I just keep my normal foundation around and use that on top of areas that need more covering. Overall I think this product works great along with my Clinique`s DDM Gel and Clinique`s pore minimizer which also helps keep shine away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by psyqotika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this product for the a month now and I think it's great! I have tried the normal version of bare minerals before and I didn't like it because it was too shiny and the colors were off for my skin tone. However for this, I got the medium beige which is a bit light for my skin but I think it oxidizes out well. I agree with the other reviewer when she said that this formula is a bit more yellow and darker than the original bare minerals. I think this is why I like it better because the yellow tone matches well with my asian skin tone. I think this is great for everyday because it's very light but it also adds good coverage. For reference, I have combination skin and it's doing a great job with the shine and it's also not drying as well. I love it and I will purchase again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by perfmem54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried the Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation in the medium beige today and didn't like it at all. I've worn BE for about five years now and was not unhappy with it, I just wanted to try the matte finish. When I first applied it, it looked very yellow. I thought perhaps I had the wrong shade. I didn't. I then shook out some of my regular medium beige foundation beside the matte foundation on my counter. I was correct. The matte foundation is far more yellow than the regular foundation in the same shade. I won't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

I tried the original be and my skin wouldnt tolerate it. I tried this one in hopes that I wouldnt be allergic to it but once again I had a horrbible allergic reaction my skin got red and itchy within minutes of application and I had to wash this off asap...Still no luck with a mineral makeup any suggestions are greatly appreciated as for the color match golden medium was pretty close just a smidge light dont know about oxidation as I had to was it off for reference im a MAC nc35-37

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is so much better this time! There's an inner lid that clicks into place so that you can actually travel with it. The matte formula doesn't dry me out at all. I've got combination skin and it does help keep shininess away. Coloring is about the same as your old bare minerals foundation color if you ever had one and like the other reviewers have said this has lighter coverage and is a little darker in color than the original formula. Overall, great foundation. Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by dcolesco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an oily skinned gal that has used the original formula for approx 10 years. It definitely took some trial and error to not get the shiney look and it was never a "transfer free" finish on my face. I tried the matte today and although I did indeed remain matte, my skin was very dry and itchy throughout the day. I just did my evening routine and my skin is extremely red and flakey. I'm willing to give it another chance since it was just one day of usage, but I can't think of anything else that would have contributed to the change in my skin today. Oily skin thats red and flakey isn't pretty :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by chrisaro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from ULTA. I really like it. I've used the BE foundation for awhile but this is better. It really does stay matte all day. Not great on coverage but I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I love the new packaging. Why can't they make all of their jars like this? Second... this formula RULES. Let me just say I am an extremely oily human being. I am a girl who, historically, (and even with the old formulation of the same foundation) generally goes through two full (yes, FULL) blotting sheets every day. I am telling you people the absolute truth here: in the five days I've been using this, I have not had to blot ONCE. AT ALL. EVER. I'm not making this up. It's that good. I'll generally have it on for a full twelve-hour day, and never have to blot. EVER. Sometimes I notice if I leave it on longer than twelve hours I feel just a bit greasy, but for a reference point: it usually takes me about four hours, with the other formula, to get the same amount of oil as I got after about FOURTEEN hours wearing this foundation.
This stuff is fabulous and I love it. I LOVE it. I can't believe they didn't make this sooner. Here's my one and only small complaint: I bought this in "Fairly Light," which is my normal (and PERFECTLY matched) shade. However, in the Matte formula, it looked really dark on me, to the point where it was just disgustingly orange. It was so dark and orange that I actually had to go into Sephora and exchange it for "Fair" (the next lightest shade - and actually, the lightest of all). I haven't tried it yet, but I'll update if there's a problem. From the reviews I'm reading, it looks like "Fairly Light" does seem to be the only shade that's been made noticeably darker in this new formulation. It's pretty hideous. I don't know what it's all about. But the color was my ONLY problem. The formula itself is PERFECT!