December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick curly hair that I blow dry straight. This has kept my hair soft and frizz free. It is a great treatment for dry hair. It cuts down drying time. Please only use a very small amount or your hair will be greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SupernovaSky

Don't get me wrong, I liked this product but it's simply not worth the money and in my opinion, the hype.

I'm skeptical as to how much Argan Oil is actually in here. The base is made of silicones, mostly, not argan oil. To me, it felt just like biosilk but with a better scent and slightly better frizz control.

I dislike the bottle, I wish it came with a pump or at least a dropper. This product does work, but not that much better than other frizz serums (that's essentially what this is) other than the fact that it seems to be lighter and not as heavy.

I recently bought the one from Sally's and it's practically the same thing. The ingredients are nearly identical and it works just as well. However, I'm not continuing using either because my thick wavy hair needs a more concentrated frizz serum.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I used to love this product. Either my hair has changed, or maybe I have, because I now think this does absolutely nothing for my hair. It looks just as dry and frazzled as it did before I use this--whether I use a lot or a little bit makes no difference. I have approximately 1/4 of a bottle left and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rizagan

THE BEST hair serum out there!!! This is def my HG for shiny, pretty, soft hair in a flash. Just needs a tiny dime-nickel sized amount worked into the tips up the shaft till wherever you still need it. Some days its really dry outside and I used a quarter-sized amount for all over defrizziness and my hair is like SILK!!! I have redhair that is mostly straight, but with serious kinks at the crown and hairline. I feel like (and my hairdresser says it does) this product protects my hair by making it stronger and putting the oils back in that are stripped out during shampooing. My hairdresser has waist-length blonde hair that is to DIE FOR and she swears by this stuff too. I am about to leave the country and I am buying about 10 bottles before I leave just in case they don't sell it where I'm moving!! Smells like a little bit of patchouli and musk....SOOOOO divine...my boyfriend just buries his head in my hear and enjoys :)))) always a great sign of a boyfriend approved product :)))

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My daughter just became a hairdresser, and I was, and still am her "test" dummy. My hair has been bleached and colored so many times it's unbelievable. This product I swear has kept my hair healthy and shiny, and I think my hair has become even thicker. I used this while my hair is wet and then I use a blow dryer. Everyone I know who uses this product has really healthy thick hair. What's funny is I didn't even know these people used this Moroccan Oil until I mentioned that I had "found" this really great hair oil, and then when I told them what it was, they all said something along the lines that they use it too. No wonder their hair looks so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by elizamakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing product, If you have hair concerns, this product will amaze you. I had dry hair and was having problems with splint ends, and it has improved 90 percent. It is expensive but it lasts forever, seriously, you only need a small amount. Would definitely purchase again. Put it on before you blow dry, you get that salon feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BlackGlitter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Moroccan Oil Treatment for about 6 weeks now and am proud to say I think I've found a H.G. (holy grail) product here!!! If you want to "get to the point", skip the details and scroll straight to my PROS and CONS at the end.

After losing my long, baby-fine hair to chemo, it grew back thicker (which is great but I am not used to that) and a strange texure. It gets "fuzzy" at the ends even if I've just had a trim. It's a tangled mess after I wash it even after a good conditioning - so thick that it stands up in all directions on it's own.

I want to make it clear what a difference this product made for me AND how I was taught to use it by my stylist and was able to duplicate it at home. I HATE when you can only look "that good" when you leave the salon but can never get expensive products to work when you get home. NOT the case here.

When I first got my hair past the "awkward" in-between stage and had a terrific stylist shape and highlight/lowlight it, she put something in it that smelled great and left it so shiny, soft and bouncy. I felt like a TV commercial walking out of there. To my surprise, it lasted overnight! So many products work for a few hours then leave you flat or frizzy. I slept on this stuff and it seemed to even help keep the style! I was shocked but happy.

The next time I had my hair done, I asked what she was using. She showed me the Moroccan Oil and how she parts the hair down the middle, then only uses a dime-sized amount for each side of the head, working it through handfuls of hair then rubbing the ends between her palms. She finger-combed my hair to release very few tangles (this stuff is an AMAZING detangler) then brushed it through with a natural bristle brush to evenly distribute it. My hair drank it up even though I feared it would look oily (it did not). It seemed to cut down on drying time! She quoted me $38 for the 3.4oz bottle, but I wanted to check beauty supply stores before investing. (I found local store = $39.99, online = $35 + shipping)

My 3rd trip to the salon, I had her go over the steps one more time since I was SO happy with the product but could not duplicate it with my Citre Shine OR Sebastian Laminates. In addition to the steps above, I watched how she sectioned the hair for drying - she parted it horizontally and secured it with "gator" or "croc" clips and dried one layer at a time from bottom up. The sectioning and re-clipping took longer than the drying as it went SO fast with the Moroccan Oil. The round brush just GLIDES through and the hair dries much faster than with other products. She did caution me that if I needed to use it on dry hair, to just use a few drops and rub it between my palms then only apply to the ends since the scalp might appear greasy otherwise. (I prefer using it on wet hair to avoid the risk). I bought it at the salon and have used it after each washing since then. I LOVE IT. I feel like it's strengthening my hair, too. It even looks longer because the frizzy ends are gone and it no longer curls up awkwardly (making it look shorter). I can also leave it in wet hair, then use a curling iron or flat iron to "fine tune" the ends, using the same separating & clipping technique. It goes surprisingly fast because the hair is so smooth.

PROS:
Adds shine without oiliness
Smooths frizz & tames "fuzzy" ends
Best detangling product I've used
Makes hair easier to style
Dries faster
Don't have to use much
Pleasant, warm scent (not overpowering or perfumy)
Hair retains volume & bounce
Does not weigh hair down

CONS:
Hard to handle bottle without getting it all greasy
Have to make sure bottle does not leave a stain on anything
Price - up front, it seems costly, but it IS lasting forever so it's worth it in the long run

UPDATE - 9 MONTHS LATER:
I stand by the above review and am only 1/3 through my 2nd bottle. That's about $8 per month - very worth it! I still love it and use it every time I wash my hair (on towel-dried hair).

I had no clue there was any hype or argon oil controversy associated with Moroccan Oil until I saw some of the other reviews today. I did some research and found that dryness is usually an indication of hair damage and natural lipids combined with environmental moisture - hair has more moisture when it's humid and loses moisture when the air is dry. Since silicones lubricate the hair, they combat dryness. Dimethicone is one silicone that locks moisture in - rather than out. And that works for me.

I may decide to investigate 100% argon oil, but I am completely happy with the results of using this product and have only seen my hair get longer and healthier - and smell great!

29 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I almost didn't want to like it because it's so expensive. However, this makes my thick, frizzy, curly, constantly dyed hair so SOFT it's like silk. Ok, maybe not silk, but at least 300 thread count cotton. I put about 2 dime-sized amounts in my hair (I have a lot of it) after I quickly towel it off. When it dries (I air dry naturally), my hair has waves that are more defined and a lot less frizzy. When I don't use this, my hair tends to do the frizzy "uniwave" thing that only worked for a brief period in 1985. And of course, there's the soft factor. I wouldn't use this in dry hair, as it would probably get too greasy. For between-wash smoothing, I recommend Tigi After Party which I also use to straighten my bangs. My only real complaint about this is that it doesn't come with a pump, so you have to tenderly pour what you need out. Overall though, Moroccan Oil is great product and I would drop the money on it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually don't like it when people post reviews before they've been using the product to really know whether they like it or not. However, I'm about to do just that...

I have only used this twice. Each time it has been when I've left my salon because my hairdresser uses it on me. My hair is extremely fine and after a horrible color experience, I lost a lot of it. This does not weigh my hair down. I can't keep my hands away from my hair after she uses it -- it's so soft and shiny. Overall, the best product so far. I will update if anything changes. As for now, I am going back tomorrow to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by jesslh03

I have relaxed hair, and this product completely changed the texture of my hair! It is amazing. My hair feels completely different after using this product and I can't imagine ever not using it. I do, however, plan on trying the Sally's version based off of some of the reviews I read on here.