September 16, 2014 | 1795 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I have to admit, I was skeptical at first. I almost didn't want to like it because it's so expensive. However, this makes my thick, frizzy, curly, constantly dyed hair so SOFT it's like silk. Ok, maybe not silk, but at least 300 thread count cotton. I put about 2 dime-sized amounts in my hair (I have a lot of it) after I quickly towel it off. When it dries (I air dry naturally), my hair has waves that are more defined and a lot less frizzy. When I don't use this, my hair tends to do the frizzy "uniwave" thing that only worked for a brief period in 1985. And of course, there's the soft factor. I wouldn't use this in dry hair, as it would probably get too greasy. For between-wash smoothing, I recommend Tigi After Party which I also use to straighten my bangs. My only real complaint about this is that it doesn't come with a pump, so you have to tenderly pour what you need out. Overall though, Moroccan Oil is great product and I would drop the money on it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually don't like it when people post reviews before they've been using the product to really know whether they like it or not. However, I'm about to do just that...

I have only used this twice. Each time it has been when I've left my salon because my hairdresser uses it on me. My hair is extremely fine and after a horrible color experience, I lost a lot of it. This does not weigh my hair down. I can't keep my hands away from my hair after she uses it -- it's so soft and shiny. Overall, the best product so far. I will update if anything changes. As for now, I am going back tomorrow to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by jesslh03

I have relaxed hair, and this product completely changed the texture of my hair! It is amazing. My hair feels completely different after using this product and I can't imagine ever not using it. I do, however, plan on trying the Sally's version based off of some of the reviews I read on here.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by stischer

Overpriced hype in a GLASS (what were they thinking here - oil + glass dont mix well ???) botttle. Any frizz control oil for hair (think John Friedas frizz control), will do the same at a much better price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product. It really does work for my fine/curly hair. I usually blow my hair out once/twice a week. This helps keep it shiny and manage-able.

I did purchase Sally's Argan Oil after this, and it works exactly the same for me for a fraction of the cost! Yay Sally's! I took off one lippy for being overpriced.

I usually put a 1/4 teaspoon of this with my straightening emulsion or glossing cream on damp hair. Then blow dry. Amazing results that last and aren't oily/limp/gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I'm really trying to heal my baby fine super fried hair (I used to be platinum blonde and my hair still paying the price) this product is wonderful. It soaks in right away, so I have to use a couple rounds. It looks pretty good right away, but the next day, my hair is magical. I can't even believe it's my hair! I also love Wella Professional luminous mask, but the moroccanoil is so amazing, I might try their mask instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by hdbnsc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Am I missing something? I have used this product on both my and my daughter's hair - and we have very different hair types. Wet or dry, doesn't matter. This product is mainly 'cones with a bit of oil thrown in. It is drying, damaging and strips color like mad. It makes my daughter's thick curly hair tangle. It makes my fine wavy/curly hair go limp. When I use it during straightening, it makes my hair look dull. I don't know how many more ways to try it. Thankfully, I got the sample from someone else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by kitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the oil and the mask and I love them both. I have dry chemicaly treated blonde hair and my hair just drinks this stuff in. Super moisturizing and smells good. Got the little bottle of oil to try it out, and am gonna buy the big one and one for my mother. Definately would repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by l8erg8er

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff lives up to the hype for me; I tried it in the salon and was hooked! I used to be very anti-silicone, but this serum turned me into a believer. While the ingredients look basic, this serum works better than any other I have ever used.

However, I must say that I also purchased the Sally's Argan Oil knockoff, and it works equally well. Sooo much shine from so little product! I'll happily be buying the generic from now on, and suggest that others do the same. There's no reason to spend $$$ when you could spend $.

I honestly believe that this stuff will help me gracefully (and healthily) grow out my bob back to my much-desired long length. It really delivers and makes me feel extremely confident about my hair.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update:
only works for like an hour, than on my very damaged hair it looks how it did before. not worth the money at all.
and its mostly silicones!

Pros
leaves hair silky not greasey like drugstore oils
a huge amount is not needed
different from biolage masques
works for at least 8 hrs
good smell (i couldn't smell it after all the products i used, but if you don't use a lot of hairspray and other things you can smell, light but noticeable, not perfumey
cons
expensive
a little hard to dispense
VERY GOOD PRODUCT