April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I LOVE this color. It shouldn't be so hard to find a brown-based matte bronzer but everything is either too shimmery or orange or both. My HG bronzer is Nars Laguna and I love it not just for the perfect brown color but because its shimmer is subtle enough that I can live with it. I've loved Hoola for a long time but I never wanted to buy it because the packaging SUCKS. It's just so impractical. If I'm going to pay $30 for anything, I do not want cardboard. I would've preferred a traditional bronzer compact. I can't get a very good application with the little brush and I've already invested in good quality bronzer brushes so I tossed it out right away. I know that the packaging is in line with Benefit's look and philosophy but it needs to go. Hoola is probably the only matte brown-based bronzer that I've come across. Gorgeous and definitely sharing HG status with Laguna. By the way, Hoola is blessedly fragrance-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by macies

I am reaching the bottom of my first box of Hoola and I LOVE it. It gives me color without looking shimmery. I do find applying with my Benefit fantail brush gives me the best application because I dont need too much color. Great product for the price.... $28 and I have had mine for over a year. Will buy again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer. It's foolproof as others have said. You just need a little bit, I am pretty fair (nc15) so that is the case for me. The packaging is cute, but not very practical, I would be careful with this since I think it could break easily. I don't use the brush, but keep it in there with the plastic part. And I think this will last forever, so the price isn't too bad for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I bought this product because I wanted a matte bronzer. Its great for everyday use especially when Im in a hurry because its basically foolproof. It just makes my face glow Id repurchase in a heartbeat if it ever runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ArySoul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice product, I must say. The matte finish makes you look naturally sunkissed without any disturbing glittery effect(nor the orangey one). Packaging is nice though unpractical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love this product. Gives you a nice bronze tone without the glitter or the orange. The brush it comes with is a joke and you should really use the fan brush that Benefit sells as it won't apply so much product or it might look like dirt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by chkristin01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the perfect bronzer for me. its matte - which is essential if using bronzer to contour and for a natural look, your face doesn't get glittery when you get some sun!

i am extremely fair, and with a light hand this bronzer works wonders on me. i use either the mac 187 stippling brush or the benefit fan brush - depending on what i have around to give myself a light glow!

i also love that this powder is build-able. which means it works on me (and currently even mac nw15 looks too dark on me) but also works on people with darker complexions. just have to make sure if you are very fair, that you use a light light hand!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

After being severely let down my Nars Laguna (pure mud on your face after 2 hours, YUCK!) I decided to invest in this product. I have seen it on Benefit counters, but never committed to buy. The colour is a pure matte brown, no shimmer, and is a real true brown shade - no orange!! I bit the bullet and bought this after hating how muddy my face was looking with Nars, and oh my, I am so annoyed i didn't try this sooner!! It gives me a gorgeous sun-kissed look, which looks so natural! The colour is a very true brown, which really suits my skin tone! The little brush it comes with is quite handy for really getting the cheekbones too, but i mostly apply this with my Mac 134 brush. All in all, great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by tiffi86

Just another bronzer/blush for everyday use. Not that great.
I've used maybelline products that work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by toucansam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i loooove this bronzer
i ve tried too many
but this is the one i love !!
firstly there it is a matte bronze so i doesnt look fake, also you can use to to contour your face.
its very powdery and light so i doesnt make you face cake-y or oily
i use this bronzer as an everyday bronzer because it looks so natural andi have medium colored skin.
the only thing i dont like about this product is the packaging, its pretty much cardboard, and there is no mirror included.