December 21, 2014 | 1632 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only problem with this product is that I won't pay $30 for .35 oz of this stuff that is simply 100% pure silica powder that I can get for $4 for a full 1 oz from other places. And the other one is much more finely milled. Fabulous product, rip off price. How dare this company take advantage like this and charge more than 400% than what others charge for the same thing. Do not be fooled, this is just 100% silica powder, nothing more. I deducted 2 lippies for the rediculous price. Silica powder makes me look flawless,poreless,lineless, controls oil and does not cake at all, just glowy!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally went into Sephora to purchase MUFE's Super Matte, but they didn't carry it. The SA offered this to me, and I bought it on a whim. It does leave a nice, matte, soft-focus finish combined with my lovely HD foundation. The oil control seems good, I'll report back once I've worn it a full day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally gave in to the hype, and it was worth it! This is a great powder, it puts all loose/pressed powders I've tried before to shame. It's light, sets makeup, doesn't look powdery, lasts all day, and feels like silk! You really only need a tiny bit of this so the jar lasts forever. I use maybe a half of a dime size amount for my whole face. This makes my foundations all look better and photography very well. Love this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Whenever a new product has this much hype surrounding it, I generally have to at least give it a try. So shortly after this came out, I researched the sole ingredient - 100% silica, and found nothing really special about it. Nevertheless, being the sheeple as I tend to be about these things, I dutifully marched to my nearest Sephora and and plunked down the $30 bucks for it. I've been using it for several months now, and I am truly puzzled by the hype. I guess I have to be the one that says the emperor has no clothes. There, I said it, the Emperor Has No Clothes!

Seriously, I have tried putting on a small amount, I've tried putting on a larger amount, Ive tried different brushes - the end result is entirely the same - no difference in how my face looks. At least no different than how any good translucent powder will make me look. Shocking as it may sound, my pores do not magically fill in, my complexion did not suddenly become more even-toned, and my face got oily on its usually prescribed schedule. In other words, this is a just a finishing powder, and for me, a sub-par one at that, because the fine dust and packaging make it a realy pain to use and apply. On the upside, this stuff will certainly last me a really long time, and does make my face *feel* smooth, so it's not a total waste. However, I am sorely disappointed with MUFE for hyping up a product with claims about it that simply don't work, then charging an outrageous price for what is, at the end of the day, a very simple and cheap ingredient.

I would recommend getting a sample before plunking your hard-earned money on this. Perhaps I am one of those rare people that this didn't work on, and there is a possibility that this really does work on other people. OTOH, I am betting that if more people really evaluate this product critically and ignore the hype, I wouldn't be in the minority.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by MzCat

I love this! I just dip a tiny bit on my fluffy brush and swirl it in the lid so it's more evenly distributed on the brush and use it. It sets my makeup and doesn't change the color of my makeup. It also makes my face look soooo smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by westam22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product on a whim after trying it @ Sephora and now I am a lifer. It sets makeup and leaves the texture of your skin so soft and smooth. I have extremely sensitve skin when it comes to makeup and this product is so gentle and doesnt irriate your skin. I totally would recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i bought the kit at Sephora, the brush and powder for $49, which is a savings of $20 over buying them separately. i love this powder, and the super soft brush, it fits perfectly into the lid of the powder, which is smaller than most loose powder containers. the brush also has black at the tips which really helps you see how much product is on the brush. anyway, i'm brown and you can not see this on me, it truly is invisible, unless you apply way too much i suppose. it's a decent mattifier but not as good as the super mat. won't repurchase but won't return either.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ruecke

I was really excited to try this, and extremely happy at first. The finish was perfect, and did not highlight my fine lines the way the MUFE Super Mat powder did. (In fact, I swapped away my Super Mat within the first two weeks of using this.)

The problem arose after those first two weeks, when I began to develop small bumps along my T-zone, which is where I concentrated the powder (buffing it on with a synthetic kabuki I got at Marshall's for 4.99, but which looks identical to the MUFE one!). When I stopped using it, those bumps began to clear. (When I also stopped using my Philosophy Supernatural Air-brushed canvas, they cleared even more, but that's another review....)

Anyway, I just figure that this stuff is so fine that it just gets in all those pores, and blocks and blocks them (at least for me). And I was using jojoba oil, Murad Refreshing Cleanser and my Clarisonic to remove my MU at night; I would have thought that regimen would have cleaned this out of my pores adequately, but apparently not.

So, I must admit that I loved the finish, but it's not worth it to me if it makes my skin look WORSE underneath! I returned it to Sephora and got the NARS powder (which I'll also probably return--but that, too, is another review)!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lizh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product for my makeup kit. I had to do a wedding and needed a powder to work on various skin tones. I used it on NW45 and NW20 without a problem. Just be sure skin is well moisturized or it will look dry/ashy. On myself, I hate how my concealer will sometimes come off dark with my regular powder on top, and with the HD powder there is no color change! It hides my large pores, keeps me looking matte longer, and feels so silky! Although, I don't think it should be so costly and the packaging could be improved. But I will buy again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Talste

Way over priced for 100% silica spheres ! I own both the CS silica spheres & the MUFE one & its the same thing. It's by no means a miracle product & acts just as a normal finishing powder would. If you really do want to try a silica powder out try the CS brand as for $4 USD per 28grams you can't go wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No