Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.7

100% silica

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally a powder I can use to set foundation that doesn't make me look as dry as as the desert and as rough as sandpaper! I really love this stuff. It's very finely milled, and works well with my dry skin when I need a little something to set foundation or tinted moisturizer. Unlike others, I have not experienced breakouts, but I do not use this product on a daily basis.

I have two issues with this powder. One, it's pretty pricey considering the size of the container compared to other powders. More annoying, though, is the size/diameter of the opening. You can't use a big brush, or even a kabuki, without dumping powder out of the sides. And this is especially annoying given the price of the powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a nice translucent powder; I use it to set my MUFE HD foundation. It has no scent and keeps my face from getting oily without looking chalky. I likes! The only con is it can be pricey for a loose powder. However, I'm still willing to spend more money on this since I like it so much.

EDIT: I recently discovered that if I put a little bit of this all over my face BEFORE foundation, it gives my face a smoother and even more flawless finish!

this powder broke me out SO bad. i figured since it only had one ingredient i'd be pretty safe, but after wearing for a few days i had a mess of a face.

i did like the natural look and feel of this powder though. if my skin liked it, i would have been very happy.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this powder, it makes my skin feel so smooth and soft to the touch. Little goes on a long way, upon applying the powder it could get a bit messy and cloudy though, so it not the best powder to use when in a rush. It makes my skin look flawless! Oil control for me is excellent!!! I put it on after I use my bb cream in the morning and for the rest of the day there is no shine or oilyness anywhere!!! I've seen and heard that in photo, it leave a white-cast but it's not noticable for me. I will repurchase this when I need it. It's retailed $30, so it's a bit expensive. I've heard of dupes for this product that are more wallet-friendly though so if you're interested maybe try looking into the dupes first.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm -- I'm on day 3 of my sample of this and am a little puzzled about what's so special about this powder. It's okay -- decent oil control, etc. I can still see my pores. Honestly, though, I like my MUFE Super Mat Loose (HG) much much better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Based on almost a slavish following of this product on various blogs, I plunged in and bought this product. It is certainly not the worst powder that I've used, but neither is it the greatest.
I grant that this powder mattifies, but on my NC35 skin, I get a whitish cast, but it disappears after a while.
However, I miss the subtle glow that I get with my meteroites.
So, in short - I bought it, I'll probably use it up over time, but I won't be rebuying. I think there are far better powders out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I heard a lot of good reviews about the MUFE HD Loose Powder. One day when I was doing my Christmas shopping, I stopped by Sephora to ask for a sample on the MUFE HD loose powder. Thank God I asked for a sample and not buying the whole thing. I use this powder with my MAC 134 brush to set my liquid foundation. About 30 minutes later, my skin started itching like crazy! That day, I was performing in a concert at my school and while I was playing my Viola, my skin was itching crazy! After the concert, I went to the bathroom and I had bumps all over my cheeks. I was obviously allergic to this loose powder. The only thing I love about this product is that it never cakes. I have really big pores and when I apply this powder, my skin never looks cakey. I'm gonna have to continue looking for a powder for my sensitive skin. =(

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have only used this powder a few times. I like the way it looks on my skin, and it does make my skin look pretty flawless. The packaging isn't the best and a lot of powder comes to the top, making it hard to put on your brush. I have found that every time I applied the powder, I would feel a heavy, indescribable feeling in my lungs. I guess I didn't really think anything of it, seeing as it only lasted about an hour. Now, reading these reviews and knowing that it is made out of pure silica, I don't think it's worth the hazard, at all. I'll wait until it's proven safe, then I would reconsider buying it again.

This is a very nice, finely milled powder. It provides a nice matte finish and sets makeup. However, if you already have a loose powder that you like, then this isn't a must have. It's a translucent loose powder that is comparable to Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, NYC, etc. It was a good buy and will last long time. If you need a powder then check this out, otherwise this isn't going to perform any differently than what you already have.

wahhhhh. Best. Powder. Ever. I use this over MUFE's HD foundation...flawless. I have suuuper oily-combination skin but this powder makes it look amaaazing. I've read a couple of reviews here complaining about a 'white mask' in photos...I haven't got this, but then I use just an tiny tiny amount. THe packaging kinda sucks, no way to cover the holes, so that the cap doesn't get filled while traveling :// Also, try not to breathe in while powdering your face...silica! Overall, I love it. Have already re-bought, and unless MUFE mess with the formula I don't see myself buying any other powder. touchwood.
Plus, for someone with muy sensitive skin, no breakouts at all. :) try a sample!

Video Reviews & Tutorials