April 18, 2014 | 1687 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

This powder is great!! It really helps keep my face shine free all day. I notice a big difference if I do not use it. It is a bit pricey at $30 but you use so little at a time that it will last for awhile. After applying this powder my face feels so soft and smooth its hard not to keep touching it. Definitely give this HD powder a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by KatDan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One touch of this product and you will not hesitate to buy it! It feels amazing like pure silk.

Unfortunately it did not work for me. The price is steep so it would have to be amazing for me to justify spending $ on it, however it wasn't that great.

To begin, I have young, combo skin that is break-out prone. I used this powder over the MUFE HD foundation. You need to have somewhat a light hand for application so you don't get a white powdery look. I didn't notice this to make any difference in the look, feel, or lasting power of foundation. It need keep shine down.

The worst thing about this product is it might have made my face look white in photo's. (It was this or the HD fdtn.) I was super shocked because this MU is made for photography. maybe it was a fluke so I am interested to see if others experience it!

ENDPOINTL: I definitely think this product is worth a try in store. After a few weeks of use, I returned it because it did not make a big enough difference to justify the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really borderline on this. It was an impulse buy before a party.

Pros:
Super fine. Doesn't turn cakey or ashey. Made foundation more matte (pro and con).

Cons:
I actually bought pure silica powder for about $2 - same amount.

I use SKII or Armani fluid so my skin didn't benefit from the "airbrushing" - sometimes it turned "dewey" into "flat".
Main reason I decided to keep this is the jar. Not the greatest packaging, but my $2 silica powder is in a ziploc bag. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Take me down to white head city where my face is broken out and it just ain't pretty...oh now I have to take this back yeeeaaah - e - yeeeeaaahh!

This product does what it says, it made me look airbrushed and kept my cream blush on for a full 11 hours! It never caked up, got dry, and always looked fabulous. However, it gives me white heads, which I only get from products. My skin was clear, I tested this for 2.5 weeks and sure enough it was due to this. If your skin can handle it I highly recommend. I know all that is in it is silica, but it seemed like slathering this on 40 hrs a week must have just clogged my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this loose powder after reading good reviews on it. I have to agree with the majority. This powder is GREAT!!!! It leaves my skin with an airbrushed effect. It also keeps the oil on my skin at bay, which isn't an easy feat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by swhandamari

Wow. This product really make my dull skin glow! As 100% silica setting powder, it really set aside from those with talc as the main ingredients. I am NC35 or C30 studiofix and this powder does not leave whitish chalky appearance on my medium complexion, instead leaves a healthy glow that even looked good on camera. Does not accentuate my crow's feet and smiling lines either!

The only downside is the price, usd 30 for such small amount. But no worries, there are steals (usd 13 aromaleigh, usd 4 100% silica powder from coastalscents) that i will try after i finish this jar. Their powder might not be as finely milled as MUFE HD, but worth to try... i will update.

--------------- UPDATE October 2009
okay, i finally found a replacement for this: Silk Natural's Perfecting Powder, and it costs less than 9 bucks! They even have the tinted version and everything!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 5:27:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! This is one of the best powders I have ever tried in my whole life.
It has a fineness, you can barely feel it on your fingers when you try it. It leaves you with a "silicon like" smoothness that is so uncommon in powders...
Application is a bit weird as the sifter is very small.
The jar itself is very small and you can only apply the product with an appropriate brush.
The result is AMAZING. It does not give any colour (the powder itself is white) so it will not alter the colour of your skin or foundation.
No coverage... no chalky or "powdery" looks..basically it is a setting powder.
But the final look is OMG so airbrushed, so polished!
Under the artificial lighht or in natural light, you look like in a porcelain skin.
Stunning, really. Great work also in keeping the T-zone oilies at bay.
The only downside (therefore one lippie off) is the price: 35 Euros (here in Italy) is a LOT for that tiny amount (10 grams jar) but I guess that, if you want luxury and a movie star-like finish, you have to pay.....:o)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by jennifer0828

the absolute worst powder i have ever used in my life! i heard so many good reviews and i just don't get it. i have oily skin and this stuff made my skin so dry. i won't even get into the MUFE HD foundation, that was probably even worse than the powder. i'm returning this to sephora this weekend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

Most amazing thing ever, makes me look perfect and creates a perfect matte look! Controls shine and makes my makeup last SOOO long it's just perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It doesn't look cakey on me, no matter how much I pack on, even though just a light dusting is needed. My skin looks infinitely better when I put this on (with a kabuki brush) and it feels like nothing. It does a decent job at controlling my oil and the price is not that bad, considering how little you need to use each time (just shake it a little and use whatever is on the lid, you won't need more than that). Will definitely repurchase!