October 2, 2014 | 1192 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Talste

Way over priced for 100% silica spheres ! I own both the CS silica spheres & the MUFE one & its the same thing. It's by no means a miracle product & acts just as a normal finishing powder would. If you really do want to try a silica powder out try the CS brand as for $4 USD per 28grams you can't go wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kngdiana1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, this product makes my skin flawless and matte but I was concerned by the safety of 100% finely ground sillica. This creates a cloud of white dust that is very hard not to inhale. Looking up sillica on google, the fda has not even approved sillica for cosmetic use~ I returned to sephora as I do not want to get cancer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reallylove this powder. I use it over my HD Foundation in #178. It just sets it perfectly and leaves a poreless look. Try it ladies. Worth every penney.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DEFINITELY WORTH BUYING, If your makeup settles into crinkles under your eyes, this is the product to get to STOP THAT. I use a cream concealer and then with one finger cover over with just a very thin coat of this stuff. No crinkles.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sure this stuff is fabulous for blurriing lines, setting HD Foundation, and preventing shine, but the price!!!! GADZ!!! A jar of PureLuxe Silica Powder is the SAME THING and only costs $10.00!!!! Come on people!! There's no need to buy the brand name all the time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder has become my new HG. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and have a problem with powders being too yellow or dark for me. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and absolutely DO NOT want a powdery finish to my face.

MUFE HD Loose Powder wins on all counts. It blends in perfectly with my foundation (MUFE HD Liquid, 110) doesn't turn yellow or cake.

Yes, it's expensive, but so little goes such a long way that a jar really ought to last you several months. If you are looking cakey or ghostly with this stuff, you may be using too much. I work a *tiny* amount - about the size of a split pea - into my kabuki brush and that does it for my whole face. Use a big brush and apply with a light hand. You will look lovely and the jar will last and last.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I've used a ton of powders, but haven't found one that works better than this one. I most often use a mineral foundation and find that this really locks it in better than the mineral finishing powders. I've also had good luck with it over liquids. Yes, it's expensive, but it truly does deliver that airbrushed-looking result -- something that lots of products promise and few can deliver.

Other posters have written about looking ghostly in photos, but this is a problem that I just haven't run into at all.

Absolutely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by nani51

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently started using makeup and this product stood out to me. The first few times I used it I ended up with a grayish face. I was too heavy handed in my application. To use this product you have tap the powder off the brush until you can barely see it on the brush and then apply normally. Less is more with this product. The finish is nice and smooth and my foundation last until the end of the day. I use this on top of my MUFE Velvet Mat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Daytimer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a hands-down, amazingly awesome product. We were in brand training for opening a new Sephora store, and there was not one of the 25 of us who did not get a little funny about this product. I say this to let you know we have touched, tried, felt, seen, removed, applied just about every single product ever created in the last months, and this was the favorite without exception. Luckily we got it for free, so the price was not an issue, but I would pay it again. People having problems with pictures are likely applying WAY too much, or have a reflective ingredient in their primer or foundation, like talc, mica,or any of the physical sunscreens. This powder finishes any look on any skin-tone, with the barest of dustings. It feels amazing, keeps shine down without over-mattifying (again, if your dewy look is looking flat under this, you are using way too much...), and enhances luminosity without adding reflective properties or sparkle. FEEL YOUR SKIN!!! It's amazing. If you want a super light and even dusting, load the Sephora brand refillable brush (Sephora Brand Professionnel Refillable Powder Brush #54) with it, throw it in your bag, and go.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TLC0910

I had read mixed reviews on the product so I decided I would ask for it as a Bday gift to try it out... It does keep you shine free, helps set your foundation, etc... Feels nice, silky not cakey...BUT...beware...I put it on in my bathroom (not great lighting) thought I looked Great...then saw pictures of the evening....I looked horrible...I looked like I had dusted my face w/ baby powder...I'm farily tanned but in pictures I looked pale and almost chalky....AAAHH...not sure if I applied to heavily or it was the camera....etc...