October 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i bought the kit at Sephora, the brush and powder for $49, which is a savings of $20 over buying them separately. i love this powder, and the super soft brush, it fits perfectly into the lid of the powder, which is smaller than most loose powder containers. the brush also has black at the tips which really helps you see how much product is on the brush. anyway, i'm brown and you can not see this on me, it truly is invisible, unless you apply way too much i suppose. it's a decent mattifier but not as good as the super mat. won't repurchase but won't return either.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by ruecke

I was really excited to try this, and extremely happy at first. The finish was perfect, and did not highlight my fine lines the way the MUFE Super Mat powder did. (In fact, I swapped away my Super Mat within the first two weeks of using this.)

The problem arose after those first two weeks, when I began to develop small bumps along my T-zone, which is where I concentrated the powder (buffing it on with a synthetic kabuki I got at Marshall's for 4.99, but which looks identical to the MUFE one!). When I stopped using it, those bumps began to clear. (When I also stopped using my Philosophy Supernatural Air-brushed canvas, they cleared even more, but that's another review....)

Anyway, I just figure that this stuff is so fine that it just gets in all those pores, and blocks and blocks them (at least for me). And I was using jojoba oil, Murad Refreshing Cleanser and my Clarisonic to remove my MU at night; I would have thought that regimen would have cleaned this out of my pores adequately, but apparently not.

So, I must admit that I loved the finish, but it's not worth it to me if it makes my skin look WORSE underneath! I returned it to Sephora and got the NARS powder (which I'll also probably return--but that, too, is another review)!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lizh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product for my makeup kit. I had to do a wedding and needed a powder to work on various skin tones. I used it on NW45 and NW20 without a problem. Just be sure skin is well moisturized or it will look dry/ashy. On myself, I hate how my concealer will sometimes come off dark with my regular powder on top, and with the HD powder there is no color change! It hides my large pores, keeps me looking matte longer, and feels so silky! Although, I don't think it should be so costly and the packaging could be improved. But I will buy again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Talste

Way over priced for 100% silica spheres ! I own both the CS silica spheres & the MUFE one & its the same thing. It's by no means a miracle product & acts just as a normal finishing powder would. If you really do want to try a silica powder out try the CS brand as for $4 USD per 28grams you can't go wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kngdiana1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, this product makes my skin flawless and matte but I was concerned by the safety of 100% finely ground sillica. This creates a cloud of white dust that is very hard not to inhale. Looking up sillica on google, the fda has not even approved sillica for cosmetic use~ I returned to sephora as I do not want to get cancer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reallylove this powder. I use it over my HD Foundation in #178. It just sets it perfectly and leaves a poreless look. Try it ladies. Worth every penney.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DEFINITELY WORTH BUYING, If your makeup settles into crinkles under your eyes, this is the product to get to STOP THAT. I use a cream concealer and then with one finger cover over with just a very thin coat of this stuff. No crinkles.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sure this stuff is fabulous for blurriing lines, setting HD Foundation, and preventing shine, but the price!!!! GADZ!!! A jar of PureLuxe Silica Powder is the SAME THING and only costs $10.00!!!! Come on people!! There's no need to buy the brand name all the time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder has become my new HG. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and have a problem with powders being too yellow or dark for me. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and absolutely DO NOT want a powdery finish to my face.

MUFE HD Loose Powder wins on all counts. It blends in perfectly with my foundation (MUFE HD Liquid, 110) doesn't turn yellow or cake.

Yes, it's expensive, but so little goes such a long way that a jar really ought to last you several months. If you are looking cakey or ghostly with this stuff, you may be using too much. I work a *tiny* amount - about the size of a split pea - into my kabuki brush and that does it for my whole face. Use a big brush and apply with a light hand. You will look lovely and the jar will last and last.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I've used a ton of powders, but haven't found one that works better than this one. I most often use a mineral foundation and find that this really locks it in better than the mineral finishing powders. I've also had good luck with it over liquids. Yes, it's expensive, but it truly does deliver that airbrushed-looking result -- something that lots of products promise and few can deliver.

Other posters have written about looking ghostly in photos, but this is a problem that I just haven't run into at all.

Absolutely will repurchase.