January 31, 2015 | 2045 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to get the HD powder when I purchased the HD foundation because I was told by the girl at Sephora that the HD powder was perfect for setting your makeup and giving your skin an airbrushed, glowy look.
I rely on other products by MAC to make me glowy, but it certaintly helps to rely on MUFE HD powder to give me an airbrushed look. A little goes a long way with this stuff, so make sure to apply with a light hand or your face may look like a cottonball! Because the powder is white and a universally flattering shade, it really adheres to the skin. I have the best luck with this stuff when I use moisturizer of my choice, Prep & Prime by MAC, MUFE HD foundation, MAC MSFN and whatever cheek color I'm feeling for the day, and a light dusing of this HD powder with a large blush brush all over my face. My last step is to use Fix+ and that really sets off the look.
The HD powder is definitely a must have if you want your skin to feel like silk and look airbrushed. It is pricey, but it's worth it. I also love the little jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by nicmarie1983

Why does the best stuff cost an arm and a leg? I don't know, but when it works like this stuff does, then I don't mind spending it. Because absolutely nothing beats the feeling I get when I look at myself in the mirror and my skin is glowing, flawless, and looks BARE. I will repurchase forever. God forbid this wonderful product is somehow not ever made.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! Wowwowwow. I received a half-container of this in a swap (thanks, Sylvia!). I thought it would be a perfect way to try it since I didn't believe all the hype. I do now. If you're of a certain age, this really makes a difference in the appearance of your skin. It truly does help hide wrinkles and dark spots and anything elseyou don't want on display. I'd imagine this can look chalky fast if you apply too much, but it's perfect if applied *very* lightly with a big, fluffy brush. I use it over my grail GA FF. My only complaint is that it's a very dry powder, and my skin is dry, but I use so little it doesn't seem to be a problem. If you're young and have pretty good skin save your money, but if you're older and have a few things you don't want to advertise, get this powder--you won't regret it!

Update 1/26/09: although I love the effect of this powder, it's too drying for my already-dry skin and I've swapped it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for a few months and I am just getting around to adding my two cents. Anyhow, I have very oily skin and it starts to show about 2 hours after my initial make up application. Although costly, I decided to give this a try. For me at least, this product is awesome! It keeps the oil at bay for hours. With this stuff 10 hours after my initial make up application; the oil I see is actually LESS than what I used to see at the 2 hour point before using this product. I did select that I will not buy this HD Powder again, as I have learned that I can get silica powder elsewhere for WAY less. I doubt that I will be buying any powder anytime soon though, because the amount I have will last me a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder when it first came out hoping it would make my skin look flawless and airbrushed. Now it just sits in my makeup case still almost full(which is the only plus, I've had it for months). When I do use it, the powder goes EVERYWHERE, over half the product goes into the air before hitting the brush. That's how finely milled it is but still such a waste. It doesn't control my oily skin, actually it makes mine worse. And I break out after using it. Maybe a tiny improvement in a glow to my skin and softness but that's it. Overall, not worth the money and will not purchase again. A total mistake.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only problem with this product is that I won't pay $30 for .35 oz of this stuff that is simply 100% pure silica powder that I can get for $4 for a full 1 oz from other places. And the other one is much more finely milled. Fabulous product, rip off price. How dare this company take advantage like this and charge more than 400% than what others charge for the same thing. Do not be fooled, this is just 100% silica powder, nothing more. I deducted 2 lippies for the rediculous price. Silica powder makes me look flawless,poreless,lineless, controls oil and does not cake at all, just glowy!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally went into Sephora to purchase MUFE's Super Matte, but they didn't carry it. The SA offered this to me, and I bought it on a whim. It does leave a nice, matte, soft-focus finish combined with my lovely HD foundation. The oil control seems good, I'll report back once I've worn it a full day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally gave in to the hype, and it was worth it! This is a great powder, it puts all loose/pressed powders I've tried before to shame. It's light, sets makeup, doesn't look powdery, lasts all day, and feels like silk! You really only need a tiny bit of this so the jar lasts forever. I use maybe a half of a dime size amount for my whole face. This makes my foundations all look better and photography very well. Love this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Whenever a new product has this much hype surrounding it, I generally have to at least give it a try. So shortly after this came out, I researched the sole ingredient - 100% silica, and found nothing really special about it. Nevertheless, being the sheeple as I tend to be about these things, I dutifully marched to my nearest Sephora and and plunked down the $30 bucks for it. I've been using it for several months now, and I am truly puzzled by the hype. I guess I have to be the one that says the emperor has no clothes. There, I said it, the Emperor Has No Clothes!

Seriously, I have tried putting on a small amount, I've tried putting on a larger amount, Ive tried different brushes - the end result is entirely the same - no difference in how my face looks. At least no different than how any good translucent powder will make me look. Shocking as it may sound, my pores do not magically fill in, my complexion did not suddenly become more even-toned, and my face got oily on its usually prescribed schedule. In other words, this is a just a finishing powder, and for me, a sub-par one at that, because the fine dust and packaging make it a realy pain to use and apply. On the upside, this stuff will certainly last me a really long time, and does make my face *feel* smooth, so it's not a total waste. However, I am sorely disappointed with MUFE for hyping up a product with claims about it that simply don't work, then charging an outrageous price for what is, at the end of the day, a very simple and cheap ingredient.

I would recommend getting a sample before plunking your hard-earned money on this. Perhaps I am one of those rare people that this didn't work on, and there is a possibility that this really does work on other people. OTOH, I am betting that if more people really evaluate this product critically and ignore the hype, I wouldn't be in the minority.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by MzCat

I love this! I just dip a tiny bit on my fluffy brush and swirl it in the lid so it's more evenly distributed on the brush and use it. It sets my makeup and doesn't change the color of my makeup. It also makes my face look soooo smooth.