August 20, 2014 | 1385 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sure this stuff is fabulous for blurriing lines, setting HD Foundation, and preventing shine, but the price!!!! GADZ!!! A jar of PureLuxe Silica Powder is the SAME THING and only costs $10.00!!!! Come on people!! There's no need to buy the brand name all the time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder has become my new HG. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and have a problem with powders being too yellow or dark for me. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and absolutely DO NOT want a powdery finish to my face.

MUFE HD Loose Powder wins on all counts. It blends in perfectly with my foundation (MUFE HD Liquid, 110) doesn't turn yellow or cake.

Yes, it's expensive, but so little goes such a long way that a jar really ought to last you several months. If you are looking cakey or ghostly with this stuff, you may be using too much. I work a *tiny* amount - about the size of a split pea - into my kabuki brush and that does it for my whole face. Use a big brush and apply with a light hand. You will look lovely and the jar will last and last.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I've used a ton of powders, but haven't found one that works better than this one. I most often use a mineral foundation and find that this really locks it in better than the mineral finishing powders. I've also had good luck with it over liquids. Yes, it's expensive, but it truly does deliver that airbrushed-looking result -- something that lots of products promise and few can deliver.

Other posters have written about looking ghostly in photos, but this is a problem that I just haven't run into at all.

Absolutely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by nani51

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently started using makeup and this product stood out to me. The first few times I used it I ended up with a grayish face. I was too heavy handed in my application. To use this product you have tap the powder off the brush until you can barely see it on the brush and then apply normally. Less is more with this product. The finish is nice and smooth and my foundation last until the end of the day. I use this on top of my MUFE Velvet Mat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Daytimer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a hands-down, amazingly awesome product. We were in brand training for opening a new Sephora store, and there was not one of the 25 of us who did not get a little funny about this product. I say this to let you know we have touched, tried, felt, seen, removed, applied just about every single product ever created in the last months, and this was the favorite without exception. Luckily we got it for free, so the price was not an issue, but I would pay it again. People having problems with pictures are likely applying WAY too much, or have a reflective ingredient in their primer or foundation, like talc, mica,or any of the physical sunscreens. This powder finishes any look on any skin-tone, with the barest of dustings. It feels amazing, keeps shine down without over-mattifying (again, if your dewy look is looking flat under this, you are using way too much...), and enhances luminosity without adding reflective properties or sparkle. FEEL YOUR SKIN!!! It's amazing. If you want a super light and even dusting, load the Sephora brand refillable brush (Sephora Brand Professionnel Refillable Powder Brush #54) with it, throw it in your bag, and go.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TLC0910

I had read mixed reviews on the product so I decided I would ask for it as a Bday gift to try it out... It does keep you shine free, helps set your foundation, etc... Feels nice, silky not cakey...BUT...beware...I put it on in my bathroom (not great lighting) thought I looked Great...then saw pictures of the evening....I looked horrible...I looked like I had dusted my face w/ baby powder...I'm farily tanned but in pictures I looked pale and almost chalky....AAAHH...not sure if I applied to heavily or it was the camera....etc...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

This powder is great!! It really helps keep my face shine free all day. I notice a big difference if I do not use it. It is a bit pricey at $30 but you use so little at a time that it will last for awhile. After applying this powder my face feels so soft and smooth its hard not to keep touching it. Definitely give this HD powder a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by KatDan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One touch of this product and you will not hesitate to buy it! It feels amazing like pure silk.

Unfortunately it did not work for me. The price is steep so it would have to be amazing for me to justify spending $ on it, however it wasn't that great.

To begin, I have young, combo skin that is break-out prone. I used this powder over the MUFE HD foundation. You need to have somewhat a light hand for application so you don't get a white powdery look. I didn't notice this to make any difference in the look, feel, or lasting power of foundation. It need keep shine down.

The worst thing about this product is it might have made my face look white in photo's. (It was this or the HD fdtn.) I was super shocked because this MU is made for photography. maybe it was a fluke so I am interested to see if others experience it!

ENDPOINTL: I definitely think this product is worth a try in store. After a few weeks of use, I returned it because it did not make a big enough difference to justify the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really borderline on this. It was an impulse buy before a party.

Pros:
Super fine. Doesn't turn cakey or ashey. Made foundation more matte (pro and con).

Cons:
I actually bought pure silica powder for about $2 - same amount.

I use SKII or Armani fluid so my skin didn't benefit from the "airbrushing" - sometimes it turned "dewey" into "flat".
Main reason I decided to keep this is the jar. Not the greatest packaging, but my $2 silica powder is in a ziploc bag. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Take me down to white head city where my face is broken out and it just ain't pretty...oh now I have to take this back yeeeaaah - e - yeeeeaaahh!

This product does what it says, it made me look airbrushed and kept my cream blush on for a full 11 hours! It never caked up, got dry, and always looked fabulous. However, it gives me white heads, which I only get from products. My skin was clear, I tested this for 2.5 weeks and sure enough it was due to this. If your skin can handle it I highly recommend. I know all that is in it is silica, but it seemed like slathering this on 40 hrs a week must have just clogged my pores.