July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

eh its an ok product but i wouldn't buy this i got this in a set, the only product i love is called Hello flawless, its really true to its names, its a great powder foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a 'meh' product for me, and I'm a little disappointed I dished out $24 for it. My skin tone is light and peachy, and I wanted this mostly to highlight my brow bone so my eyes would look brighter but it comes off as too pink, shimmery, and obvious. I do like the way it looks on my cheeks and nose, however--I dab just a little on my cheekbones and down the center of my nose for a natural glow, then add blush on top.

Although you get a lot of product, it's still not worth the price, in my opinion. I'll be on the lookout for another brow bone highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by desouterj

I bought this product as part of the Benefit Bestsellers To Go set. This was the only good product in the set, though I am sure I can find a better product at a better price elsewhere.

This highlighting product does give a sheer shimmer highlight, which I like. For anyone looking for something substantial, look elsewhere. This produces a dewy look, so it is recommended for more mature makeup looks.

I would recommend that you try the product out in a Sephora, Benefit or other store that carries this line before investing $24 plus tax.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is such a nice highlighter. For the longest time, I stayed away from liquid highlighters because I wear powder and imagined putting anything on top of it would cake and smudge- but not this beauty! I received a mini tube of this in a swap, and I love using it after I powder on the bridge of my nose (I prefer a powder highlight other area's) whenever I use to put a powder highlighter on my nose it just looked to shiny and not flattering- this looks perfect! I think I will end up buying a full size of this sometime, though a little goes a long way. To apply I dot this on my nose and blend lightly with a foundation brush and instant perfect highlight ;) I'm super happy I started swapping, I've had a chance to sample amazing products I would have never tried before!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by EroticAsphyxiation

Packaging blows(cap breaks) but the product is awesome. Pink/silvery metallic glow. Use on highest part of cheekbones or mix into liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dazidoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. I use this product nearly everyday. It has a nice pinky shimmer to it which is perfect for my skin. I would definitely recommend this product for those anyone who has pink tones in their skin because this will compliment it nicely. It is in my opinion the perfect highlighter,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by skstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an HG product for me. It gives my face a subtle but amazing glow that no other highlighter can achieve. Although it is pricey at $28, only a few dots of product are used every day, so one bottle will last forever. I will definitely be repurchasing this item for as long as I live!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by JLo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when on holidays in San Francisco 2 yrs ago and only discovering Benefit, after a friend with fab make up told me she used it... even though I didnt even know what to do with it I bought it... well thank god I did, I'm madly in love with it!

Its just amazing, at first you might not notice much of a difference, but when the light catches it, it makes your face glow in a lovely natural way, and when I look at photos of myself wearing it I'm always pleased with the results.

I usually dot a little on my cheekbones and follow with posietint, and a small bit on my brow bones. I have been known to pop a little on my eyelid in my car when short of eyeshadow... sounds weird but its not half bad for that either!

I've never tried any other highlighters so I can't really compare but it really is one of my HG products. I think its around $27 or 30ish in ireland, but you only use a tiny amount at a time, my bottle has lasted 18months so far and still half full, definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mellynnmac

Although this highlighter is very pretty in minimal amounts, it is easy to overdo it and make your skin rather greasy looking. I would recommend this product for someone with naturally matte skin types or those who can find an effective mattifyer, but mixed with the natural oil production an individual with oily skin has throughout the day, your face will look like a mess. However, it does look quite beautiful on those who can pull it off. The price at 35 dollars seems a little much for the effect the product has and can be achieved by highlighting powders or even eyeshadows in a more cost effective manner. It just failed to wow me the way i hoped it would

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be honest I really like this, but it's NOT worth the money! There are equally good highlighters out there for less. But I like it nonetheless. You only need a bit. It looks soooo pretty.
If someone was torn between this and some other, cheaper option, I'd say, forget High Beam. Boots No 7 illuminating lotion is a dupe for example, but you get WAYYY more for cheaper.