Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].___________________________________________________________________Iingredients as of 2014: water\aqua\eau [] dimethicone [] butylene glycol [] trisiloxane [] glycerin [] betula alba (birch) bark extract [] silybum marianum (lady's thistle) extract [] camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract [] saccharomyces lysate extract [] sucrose [] aloe barbadensis leaf water [] trehalose [] thermus thermophillus ferment [] sorbitol [] oleth-10 [] tromethamine [] caffeine [] hydrogenated lecithin [] sodium hyaluronate [] tocopheryl acetate [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] caprylyl glycol [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] peg-8 [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] carbomer [] hexylene glycol [] disodium edta [] phenoxyethanol [] red 4 (ci 14700) [] yellow 5 (ci 19140)

I'm not a big fan of Clinique, but I love this product. Great for combination skin like mine that is deceptively dry. The gel-like consistency sinks in easily and its a lovely base for makeup, especially for the day as it increases the 'dewy' effect of foundation, which I like [read: not greasy!]

A little goes a long way, but I use it all over my neck and chest too, so it doesn't last me that long, so it does set me back a lot after a while. My fault, though, so I can't knock the price really.

I've been using this for 2 years and the one before this version. What i like about this is that it's oil-free. I can even apply it on my zit to soothe the peeling after applying pimple gel. Versatile as it is, i use it as my last step to seal in everything i put before, as a makeup base and as a mask! Just apply extra thick then usual to clean face for 5 minutes. It's "carrot technology" makes it hydarting enough for air-con indoors but wont make skin sticky outdoors. Great! Now i cant live without it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a deceptive product that I happen to appreciate very much. This sounds like some sort of very rich face cream and in reality, it's a very light face gel. As a gel, it's highly water based and I find it hydrates like water. It makes your skin soft at first but within an hour I can't even tell I had put anything on.When I really truly need to moisturize, I don't touch this. I use this on two occasions. 1. As a primer before putting on my foundation : This actually makes my makeup go on so incredibly smoothly and keeps it from looking cakey. I also am left with a dewy finish. I use it also when 2. My sensitive skin starts acting up and I need something really light that is non irritating. I would suggest this as a great summer moisturizer, especially for those in more humid climates where a cream would be too heavy.

My mom gave me a small bottle of this and I used the whole thing cuz I love the way it feels on my skin. I usually don't appreciate clinque products that much, but this one is different. It doesn't smell bad, it's not too drying or too sticky, and it goes on very smoothly on my skin. Because it was a small bottle I restricted to just using it on my face, thats probably what it was made for anyway...

I'm not sure if I would buy it, i think its kinda expensive for the amount you get, but hey it feels good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I remember liking Clinique's older version of this product many years back (Extra Thirsty Skin Relief). I don't know how they've changed the formula (or if they have at all), but I'm not feeling I'm getting any "extra" or "extended" moisture out of this new version. It's just a nice basic gel-based moisturizer that absorbs well and feels very light on the skin. Won't be buying again.

Ingredients:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sucrose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Trehalose, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Sorbitol, Oleth-10, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Peg-8, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 , Yellow 5.

If you use a thin layer of this it acts as a make- up primer because it smooths out your skin. It's a refreshing faint smell. I always buy this and always will. I've used it ever since it came out. I also use it on hot days when I don't need much moisture. If you want the full effect of this product, apply after cleansing and moisturizing. It will seal the moisture in very well. It can be sticky if you apply too much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this product doesn't work for flakey skin. clinique is not good for overly dry sensitive skin. i personally feel the products are harsher and meant for oily acne prone and mature skin. i think that this product however would have worked better for me if i was using the clinique three step system.

This is not a stand alone moisturizer. It goes over top of another moisturizer (like the DDMG). I tried it as a stand alone moisturizer for about a week and ended up with terrible dry patches.
Now, I keep it in the fridge and put it over top of another moisturizer when I need extra hydration or a cooling/calming effect. I expect this will be a godsend in the summer.
It's an interesting product but I'm not sure I'd purchase again because it seems odd to need another moisturizer underneath. If I'm layering or using something to refresh during the day, I'm more drawn to a spray formulation.
It's kind of expensive not to be able to stand alone.

*Update 20-May-09*
I'm still not head-over-heels for this. Has a tendancy to feel kinda slimy.

I have Combo Oily/Dry & my face is normally dry after i wash it no matter what kind of face wash it is...but this stuff does miracles...

no oily t zone all day...my face stayed fresh and moisturized. i use it as a moisturizer sometimes if im outside i use it over my other moisturizer.

i lovees it! sucha cool fresh feeling after you apply it too!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been really anxious to try Moisture Surge for a long time because of the great reviews it gets. It's a pink creamy looking gel in a wide mouthed jar for easy access. Moisture Surge goes on smoothly, is sticky for a moment or two and then it's gone, absorbed without a hint of greasiness. Unfortunately, it's not enough hydration for me. My skin is dry looking (very matte) and has been since I put on my makeup. The foundation and concealer I put on look like they're sitting on top of a dry layer (because they are). I'm going to give this to my daughter and continue to look for something appropriate. This is good stuff but it just isn't for me.