August 1, 2014 | 1752 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by emonapkin

I actually received this as a sample, in a tube. I left it at home when I went back to college so I can't remember off the top of my head how big it was, but it lasted me for a few months. I LOVED using this, especially on my cheeks. It felt soo soothing and relieving. However, after reading the reviews here I'm a little confused--so if this isn't supposed to be a moisturizer, why even use it in the first place? What's its purpose? It seemed to moisturize me just fine, but I don't have very dry skin in the first place. I was thinking about purchasing it but it's pretty expensive, especially if it's not even a moisturizer?!?! Okay seriously, someone clear this up for me... lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by alcy830

i live in asia where its really humid for at least 2/3 of the year, i have combination skin that tend to be quite oily in the summer. so far i find gel-creme moisturizers work best for me

in the winter i never use this alone cuz the texture not rich enough. i usually apply a thin layer of cetaphil moisturizing cream after a layer of clinique moisture surge on my forehead, cheekbones and around lips. then press my palms on my face (the heat helps the skin absorb the moisturizers).

and in the summer, i use this moisturizer day and night. it preps my skin for make up and makes the foundation looks more natural, and at night sometimes i leave a thick layer on as a sleeping mask

i highly recommend it to those with oily/combination skin and wants a light moisturizer that is not fragranced

im on my 3rd jar already and i'll buy this at duty free whenever i travel (the traveller's set contains one 75ml moisture surge, 1 eye gel and mini facial spray, for the price of one retail 50ml moisture surge!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Crystal78

This is a pretty good moisturizer for my sensitives and combo skin. It doesn't cause me any breakouts as my skin is reactive to most of the products and would tend to breakout easily everytime i use the wrong products. It is completely oil-free and provides just the right amount of hydration for my skin except my dry/sensitive cheeks. I need to layer another richer moisturizer on top of my cheeks area to eliminate the dryness and tightness i feel. I tend to use a lot of it as it absorbs too quickly into my thirsty skin. The price is really killing me as I finish the whole jar in just about or less than 2.5 months time. It costs me about US$50 or RM160 a jar in Malaysia. I hope i can get it cheaper elsewehere. I will continue to buy it until i find a cheaper and better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The 3rd version of Clinique's Moisture Surge. It actually locks in moisture for 18 hours. This is more of a "spa" product and is not completely necessary. How to use? After you use 3 step, a Clinique serum (Even Better, Turnaround Concentrate), moisturizer (Super Defense, Continuous Rescue, Repairwear), you put it on top of your moisturizer. During the day, you can place it over makeup without moving it to give your skin a nice "drink of water"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an early review b/c I haven't used the product more than a week, but I'm quite impressed so far. I have tried using this under my morning sunscreen (either Olay or Shiseido) and at night under my DDML. Considering it is hot here, I am quite impressed. It makes an excellent primer for foundation. Will update after a longer period. EDIT: When I use this for several days in a row, my skin becomes blotchy along the jaw line. Have discontinued use, but my 15 year old daughter is finishing up my leftover product. I have been more impressed with DDMG these days when the weather is warm and I need some moisture, but nothing heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jennhsieh

I love gel-like moisturizers, and this one is no exception. The color is totally cute and it feels great on my skin. The only complaint I have is that it does not moisturize enough during the winter, so I would only use this during the summer. It's also somewhat expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

love this for right after i wash my face! revcieved it as a sample and would be willing to go out and buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ktellsch

I have dry/combo skin and this product doesn't work for me. If I use it alone, it leaves my skin too dry because it immediately absorbs. If I use it after the yellow lotion, I break out. The best use I have found for this product is to apply it to my neck and chest.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Ankyl

My first Clinique's taste

A lot impression
Apply before the bed time, and I wake up with tender face than ever !
The gel is cold and there's no need to use lot
Once you finish applied it, it left a bit sticky feeling on your face,
but soon it'll absorb to your face

The ingredients are also quite best

The packageing, well, may need to use more opaque jar
Price ??? Expensive but it can last up to 3-4 months

Best moisture for me !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a soothing mask after exfoliating - I apply it generously and love the soft gel-like texture. Afterwards I just dab off any excess. I don't use it as a daily moisturiser, but like to keep it for occasional use such as I described above, or sometimes when my skin is feeling sensitive and I want to avoid oily products, especially around the t-zone.