November 27, 2014 | 1435 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love loooooove this product! works wonderfully on top of any moisturizer when i need addition hydration! saved my skin and made it extra smooth! this is the only product i can count on when i'm peeling (yes, gross but it works). oil free, fragrance free, and no breakouts! you'll love this! only $34 for 1.7 oz which is not bad for something that can save your skin in less than a min. =)

note: you have to try this. i know, you'll probably thinking, it's more hydrating if you layered on two moisturizer, but it's totally different. i tested with two moisturizer layered on top of each other and it doesn't compared to it how moisturized my skin last. if you use it alone, it doesn't work either because this product is suppose to draw water to your skin and sealed it, and without additional moisturizer it will dry out your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the last review! That is the correct way to use it! whenever my skin is dehydrated i use this on top of my moisturizer and my skin is hydrated throughout the day no matter how dry it was to start with. I use medicated treatment for my acne prone skin and that stuff really dries it out. And although my skin is super oily in some areas i have super dry cheeks it works and leaves it balanced!! This saved my skin! So give this another try, just use it on top of moisturizer and it works wonderfully! No break outs at all and i have smooth skin after one usage. I have the new moisture surge extended btw, it is better than the old version. =)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by AnataWa

It seems that everyone is getting the wrong idea of moisture surge.
I would like to make it clear that moisture surge is a COMPLIMENTARY product. It is NOT a moisturizer, it is a HYDRATOR.
This product does nothing for the moisture barrier, hence why half the ppl here are saying that this product left their skin dry. You are supposed to use it with a moisturizer.
The point of this product is that it adds hydration to your skin, so in other words, its like a cup of water for your skin. So the result you get is that your skin plumps up and its not dehydrated.
So, please don't compare this with dramatic different moisuturing gel, because they are 2 different products and have 2 different purpose. The gel helps the moisture barrier but does nothing for the dehydration in the skin, but the surge hydrates the skin with water but does nothing for the moisture barrier.
Also, this product adds "water" to your skin and also seals your skin, so in the harsh weather of winter when the heater is turned on, the water doesn't evaporate out of your skin!! You can also use this product as a makeup primer, people who use powders and afterwards feel that their skin looks too chalky, well slap this on, and it'll be a hydrating primer!
This is an awesome product with a lot of different functions so I think it is worth the price

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

This is supposed to go over the DDML or DDMG. If you use the whole Clinique system, It goes: Soap, Exfoliant, DDML or DDMG, Treatment (Turnaround or Even Better), then the Moisture Surge. That's kind of alot of stuff to smear on twice a day. I found this to be pretty nice when used as a 'sealer" as the SA explained to me, but after a week of the system, it got annoying and went back to the store. I just find it unnecessary. It moisurizes well over a regular moisturizer, but I think one should be enough. It's also kind of sticky. No good for dry skin, probably can be used alone for oily skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Talste

I switched over to this moisturizer after having used Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for a few years, I find this moisturizer works great on my combo skin, it absorbs right in, is light weight & doesn't feel greasy or clog my pores. I'm already on my second jar & will be sticking to this brand for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am currently on my 4th jar of MS. Its a gel moisturizer that i combine with foundations for a tinted moisturizer and it works great! You can even use this this as a 5 Moisture Mask!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using on and off for years - mainly because I was receving this as a sample ot GWP.
This is one of the very few Clinique moisturizers that never disappointed me.
It is a simple, straightforward moisturizer.
It's a gel, lightweight, intensely moisturizing but not greasy.
I use it often in a thick (and I mean thick, I squeeze out 1/4 of a 30ml tube) as an instant repain/quenching mask, leaving it on for 15 or 20 minutes. It works brilliantly, leaving my skin fresh and plumped.
May not be enough for dry skins, but for a combo skin like mine is really an OK product.
No adverse reaction, no breakouts.
An almost perfect, simple, basic moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MACai

This is a pinkish colored gel. It absorbs pretty easily, but tends to have a slightly sticky feeling when its not. That being said, I love this moisturizer! The skin around my nose tends to be very dry, and I usually slather on a nice thick layer of this stuff and leave it there over night. After a week or two, makeup looks so smooth around my nose. I also use it under Clinique's Moisture Sheer Tinted Moisturizer, because it tends to dry me out slightly at the end of the day.

Its also a nice thing to use after I exfoliate--doesn't irritate my skin at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i've been experiencing the longest period of dry skin around my chin area due to adult acne. Usually after a few hours putting my makeup on . the skin around my mouth would seems liked it will crack open anytime and i can't even open my mouth big to laugh or eat. i've tried many serums and moisturizer but my skin was still dry. and finally i came back to clinique and thank god they made thisssss!!!!!! i put this after i put the yellow gel on, concentrating at my driest area and my skin is backkkk to normallllll!!!!!!!! i tried to just put the yellow gel at night since this is kinda expensive......but my skin still seems to be dry when i wake up...........so now i put both on day and nighttt.......after my skin is nicely moisturized i don't even have as much pimples as before............i guess when ur skin has enough water it really eliminates alot of problems. Acne prone people who's skin has been drained by all the harsh products should really really give this a try.........!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LCarty21

I have combination skin, and I was looking for a light-weight summer moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores. Before this I had used Neutrogena combination skin moisturizer which I do like, but I wanted to try something different and lighter. I LOVE this product, it's a million times better than dramatically different...I have only used it in hot weather so far, so I have a feeling I might need to go back to a slightly heavier lotion for the fall and winter, but for a summer lotion this one can not be beat. The texture is amazing, it disappears right into my skin and definitely lasts all day. It was a little expensive, but it lasted me for several months of daily use.