December 18, 2014 | 1703 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Ankyl

It's my first Clinique's product

Used at night and woke up with sooooo smooth skin

Good
It hydrates people with all skin type, but for someone who has really dry skin will have to apply more than 2 times a day. It leave you matte finish as other review said..YES ! BUT.... it doesn't leave you dry .. you have matte face and hydrated face ! Who else want to have oily face ???

Bad
Clear jar , destroy the good antioxidants !
Price is not so expensive but it's not cheap !

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Java

Glad that I didn't purchase this; got a sample instead. I tried the 1st generation Moisture Surge and it dried me out and gave me whiteheads. So after that I never touched MS. But since this winter my skin is very dry, I decided to give the newest formulation another try.

It feels greasy initially, but once it is absorbed, it leaves a matt finish. Yes, a little hydrated, but my face does not feel natural; it is like a plastic film over my skin, the feeling of which I don't like. The final deal-breaker is that after using it for two nights, I started to have red patches and bumps on my face.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice light moisturizing gel that is fragrance free. I received it as a gift with purchase, but I wouldn't purchase it myself for three reasons:
1. It sometimes makes my sensitive skin sting a little when I first apply it.
2. It's more expensive than Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisurizing Gel, which I prefer.
3. I hate the jar packaging that it comes in.

Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4, yellow 5. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

Well I had a bad experience with this product, it could be that I am not as dry as I thought and the yellow (dramatically different lotion) works well for me right now. I thought this would maybe give me more moisture along with the lotion but it really made my face feel gross and sticky. When I am able to speak to a Clinique consultant I may try it again Right now though will stick to my yellow lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by matos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the new version of moisture surge extended thirst relief and i must say these is the best product for me.
Inci:Water-Cyclopentasiloxane-butylene glycol-glycerin-Betula alba extract-Silybum marianum extract-Camellia sinensis(green tea) extract-Saccharomyces lysate extract-sucrose-Aloe barbadensis leaf water-Trehalose-Hydrogenated urea-Sorbitol-Oleth10 -tromethamine-Caffein-Hydrogenated lechitin-Hydrolyzed extensis-Sodium hyaluronoate-Tocopheryl acetate-Palmitoly oligopeptide-Capryly glycol-dimethicone-Glyceryl polymeth acrylate-peg-8 Ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer glycol-magnesium ascorbly phospate-carbomer-hexylen glycol-disodium edta-phenoxyethanol-red4-yelow5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by angeltearsofthenight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't understand why people badmouth this product so much, it's like a mob mentality thing going on here. I really don't understand. Clinique's Moisture Surge is my daily must have. I have been using this moisturizer for over 2 years now. I have oily skin during the summer and dry patches during the winter. It is moisturizing for oily skin yet it is a gel, so my makeup never "melts" during the day; yet at the same time it really helps moisturize during the winter because it is not heavy. It has no smell to it, so that's a bonus. In the end, people with oilier skins should really try this out especially during the winter when Dramatically Difference Gel doesn't moisturize enough.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love loooooove this product! works wonderfully on top of any moisturizer when i need addition hydration! saved my skin and made it extra smooth! this is the only product i can count on when i'm peeling (yes, gross but it works). oil free, fragrance free, and no breakouts! you'll love this! only $34 for 1.7 oz which is not bad for something that can save your skin in less than a min. =)

note: you have to try this. i know, you'll probably thinking, it's more hydrating if you layered on two moisturizer, but it's totally different. i tested with two moisturizer layered on top of each other and it doesn't compared to it how moisturized my skin last. if you use it alone, it doesn't work either because this product is suppose to draw water to your skin and sealed it, and without additional moisturizer it will dry out your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the last review! That is the correct way to use it! whenever my skin is dehydrated i use this on top of my moisturizer and my skin is hydrated throughout the day no matter how dry it was to start with. I use medicated treatment for my acne prone skin and that stuff really dries it out. And although my skin is super oily in some areas i have super dry cheeks it works and leaves it balanced!! This saved my skin! So give this another try, just use it on top of moisturizer and it works wonderfully! No break outs at all and i have smooth skin after one usage. I have the new moisture surge extended btw, it is better than the old version. =)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by AnataWa

It seems that everyone is getting the wrong idea of moisture surge.
I would like to make it clear that moisture surge is a COMPLIMENTARY product. It is NOT a moisturizer, it is a HYDRATOR.
This product does nothing for the moisture barrier, hence why half the ppl here are saying that this product left their skin dry. You are supposed to use it with a moisturizer.
The point of this product is that it adds hydration to your skin, so in other words, its like a cup of water for your skin. So the result you get is that your skin plumps up and its not dehydrated.
So, please don't compare this with dramatic different moisuturing gel, because they are 2 different products and have 2 different purpose. The gel helps the moisture barrier but does nothing for the dehydration in the skin, but the surge hydrates the skin with water but does nothing for the moisture barrier.
Also, this product adds "water" to your skin and also seals your skin, so in the harsh weather of winter when the heater is turned on, the water doesn't evaporate out of your skin!! You can also use this product as a makeup primer, people who use powders and afterwards feel that their skin looks too chalky, well slap this on, and it'll be a hydrating primer!
This is an awesome product with a lot of different functions so I think it is worth the price

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

This is supposed to go over the DDML or DDMG. If you use the whole Clinique system, It goes: Soap, Exfoliant, DDML or DDMG, Treatment (Turnaround or Even Better), then the Moisture Surge. That's kind of alot of stuff to smear on twice a day. I found this to be pretty nice when used as a 'sealer" as the SA explained to me, but after a week of the system, it got annoying and went back to the store. I just find it unnecessary. It moisurizes well over a regular moisturizer, but I think one should be enough. It's also kind of sticky. No good for dry skin, probably can be used alone for oily skins.