April 18, 2014 | 1910 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

While I was at Nordstrom, the SA helping me gave me a sample of this to try, and she said that this would help with my combination skin and not feel greasy at all (since I have a problem with all moisturizers feeling greasy on my face).

I didn't make it through the whole sample since I started getting a bunch of little whiteheads, and my skin felt drier than ever. I did like the feel of this on my face, since it felt so refreshing, but obviously my skin did not react well to it, so I will not be purchasing it.

I don't consider this to be an actual moisturizer since it didn't give my skin enough moisture, but I think it's good to be used along with your moisturizer for that extra hydration. If my skin wouldn't have broken out in whiteheads, or become so dry, I think I would've purchased it, since I liked the overall feel and consistency of this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 4:24:00 AM More reviews by cythomas

I use this product everyday under makeup and I find that it moisturizes my skin in the perfect amount. It moisturizes, but does not leave it oily or shiny. It does seem a little expensive, but it lasts a long time so it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, so this isn't a 'real' moisturizer, but another moisturizer I'm supposed to 'layer' with a real moisturizer, or use as a makeup base?? Um, no. I'd rather just use a moisturizer that actually *works*. I've tried 'layering' it upon itself like another reviewer suggested, and it doesn't work. Shame on Clinique for the deceptive name. I like the fact that it's fragrance free and I'll use it on days that I don't need much 'real' moisturizer, but those days are rare. Don't like the jar packaging (sample tube is great though), and it's way overpriced for not being able to do much/anything. I'll use up my sample but if I ever come across this again as a GWP, I'll be swapping it or giving it away because this product has no noticable effect on my skin whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ameshi

I was very pleasantly surprised at the results after two weeks of severe sleep deprivation. I used to this on top of the dramatically different moisturising gel at night time.

Pros:
-Skin is much more supple and 'fresh' than the one layer of moisturiser. It was amazing to me that my skin stayed so fresh looking after 4 hours of sleep the night before. My skin was more plump and luminous.
-Great light texture and not greasy. I think this is great for combination to oily type girls.
-It didn't breakme out and it didn't irritate my sensitive skin
-Contrary to a lot of other girls, I like the jar- it allows me to apply the cream liberally very easily.
-Great for winter and for girls who spend a lot of time in the airconned office.

Cons
-It takes a long time to absorb. The moisture just stays on my face for 10-15 minutes. I wouldnt have time to use this in the morning - I don't have the time to wait around and let it sink into my face before I start with my makeup.
-Very pricey for what it is - which is a supplementary moisturiser/hydration treatment. I just checked the price and it's AU$75 a jar. I like this cream, but 75 bucks is pushing it. I'd rather go back to Jurlique's Calendula Cream as my night time add on cream. It's as moisturising, as a plumping effect, treats my sensitive skin and blemishes and much cheaper! It's 43 AUD for 40 ml (and was even less expensive before they changed the packaging to the tasteless and boring new one)
-The jar wouldn't last very long. For a 50 ml bottle, at the rate I'm using it, I'm guessing the life of the jar is 3 months. Again, my Calendula lasted me for ages.

Great for combiantion oily types in winter as an add on moisturiser in the night time before bed....If you've willing to pay the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 8:44:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use the Original Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin but this new formulation is so much better. It's non-greasy, yet very moisturizing. I'm on Tazorac, so I'm dealing with flakey and dry skin on top of acne and this is just the best Moisturizer for that purpose. I'm on my second jar!!! It sinks into the skin like a dream. I used to hate Clinique products. I still stay away from their 3 step program because I think it's harsh and outdated but this one is a winner!!! I use it with the Repairwear intensive eye cream and wow, what a difference. My skin does not like dyes or fragrances unless it's pure botanicals, so it's one more plus this has for it. It's not a cream, but a gel. Perfect for those with oilier or combo skins like mine. It's probably also good for those with dry skin to use during the day under makeup. I've never raved about a Clinique product before. Normally, they fall in the 2-3 lippies for me. But I'm calling this my HG moisturizer. I use it every night and just love it. I wake up with the softest skin.

If you need moisture and nothing else, this is great. For anti-aging purposes look elsewhere. If you already use retinoids, I think this is a great choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stopped using the original MSE a couple of months ago due to the high cost, and since then my skin has been a nightmare! So I decided to just buy it again, but this new product has replaced it and I bought it instead. The new MSETR has the same gel consistency (yay!) but it sinks into my skin much better than the original. It has the same calming properties though, and after a few days, I can already see improvement. I'm less shiny during the day because my skin isn't trying to overcompensate for not having enough moisture. I'm very happy with this new version and plan to never run out again!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:28:00 AM More reviews by krissy00417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

despite the pot packaging, as long as you have clean fingers, i think it's fine. i like the light and fluffy gel-like texture. goes on smoothly, blends into your skin, absorbs quickly, and your skin feels very hydrated and soft. the box indicates that this moisturizer can be used for ALL skin types; great for even oily skins, but might not be hydrating enough for super dry skins. i have acne prone, sensitive, combo skin--this gives me enought hydration without the greasy feeling; it feels light and not heavy. goes great under makeup, and ive actually dabbed on a little over my makeup during the winter months. great moisturizer! you might actually find something better (and cheaper!), but for now, i really like this, and feel that it will be great moisturization for summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS PRODUCT HAS NOW BEING DISCONTINUED.
They replaced it with Extended Relief version. Nevertheless, I really liked this one. It brought me a lot of moisture, but if you applied it too much, you got that sticky feeling all over.
Would also like if they would "move" it to tube or bottle packaging.
Would definitely try the new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just finished a jar of this and will not be repurchasing. It's not a horrible product but for the price, it's not worth it to me. I have very dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and my favorite charactistic about this is how it is very soothing and non-irritating. I love how it sinks into my skin. I do use a moisturizer before i apply this and it is not mositurizing enough for me, so that is my major complaint. It does an good job but for my dry skin i will have to keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by saikick

I've been thinking about this produce since last year because the colour definitely looked appealing to me. (Anything "pink" generally catches my attention)

I was walking around the mall the other day and noticed this came with a special bonus package with a small sample of the Moisture Surge Spray and a cute flower carrying case.

The texture of this gel like moisturizer is very nice.

Because it contains aloe vera, it feels soothing and is refreshing to the skin. It sinks in relatively fast which is great because most moisturizers in the North American market don't do that to my skin.

I only gave the product 3 lippies because 1) It's steep in price for such a small jar, and b) it is ridiculously unsanitary. Pots are only made for cooking, not for makeup to dig your fingers into! Other than that it is a nice refreshing gel, especially for the summer time. ANd no, I probably won't repurchas as there as better products out there. continued >>