August 21, 2014 | 1286 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by hurricane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm the fly in the ointment...I loved moisture surge extra thirsty skin relief. It just worked for me. The new one leaves my skin dry and miserable. After a week of using it morning and night I noticed my face looked parched and was developing dry patches on the cheeks. I think it would still work really well for an oilier skin, but I am quite dry, so unfortunately it is sitting under my sink collecting dust now. I am so disappointed, because I just assumed it would work as well for me as the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This feels so nice on my skin and is a great moisturiser. The packaging is rather unhygenic but the quality of the product redeems itself. The only con is that it has no spf, so I use it at night times instead. The fact that is heavily moisturises your skin WITHOUT being heavy (e.g. Nivea creme is great for dry spots but it feels like a mask) is one of the best factors of this product. Funnily enough, some reviews say this isn't a moisturiser, although I've been using it as one since 15. I don't think it matters, it's just great to hydrate the skin. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by myershms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I had been using the older version for several years and recently tried the new and improved one. I'm in love! Clinique did a fabulous job revamping this product. I use this every morning under my makeup and it provides just enough moisture to get me through the day. I love how light the product is and it's never greasy. This is the perfect daytime moisturizer for my dry/combination (but oil prone in the summer) skin. I do wish they would package this in a tube rather than a jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by brandyalexander

I bought the moisture surge this past winter because my skin was unusually dry and itchy in some places. I prefer gel moisturizers because they absorb quickly and don't clog my pores. I was informed that the moisture surge was a new product so I thought I'd give it a try. It sunk into my skin almost immediately and lasted all day. I had no problems with it clogging my pores. My skin was looking and feeling better in a matter of days. The quantity was more than enough. Thank god for the 24 month shelf life, otherwise half of it would have gone to waste. The packaginf could have been better, though. I'd prefer it to be in a tube, but other than that I think it's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by doof

This was a GWP. It's cooling, soothing and refreshing on my skin. It gives me tiny pimples if I use too much though. But as long as I use it sparingly, it keeps my skin hydrated and fresh! A good moisturiser, but doesn't do great wonders for its price. I've bought the full size to use in summer. It's works fine in summer and I'm little disappointed it's discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by emonapkin

I actually received this as a sample, in a tube. I left it at home when I went back to college so I can't remember off the top of my head how big it was, but it lasted me for a few months. I LOVED using this, especially on my cheeks. It felt soo soothing and relieving. However, after reading the reviews here I'm a little confused--so if this isn't supposed to be a moisturizer, why even use it in the first place? What's its purpose? It seemed to moisturize me just fine, but I don't have very dry skin in the first place. I was thinking about purchasing it but it's pretty expensive, especially if it's not even a moisturizer?!?! Okay seriously, someone clear this up for me... lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by alcy830

i live in asia where its really humid for at least 2/3 of the year, i have combination skin that tend to be quite oily in the summer. so far i find gel-creme moisturizers work best for me

in the winter i never use this alone cuz the texture not rich enough. i usually apply a thin layer of cetaphil moisturizing cream after a layer of clinique moisture surge on my forehead, cheekbones and around lips. then press my palms on my face (the heat helps the skin absorb the moisturizers).

and in the summer, i use this moisturizer day and night. it preps my skin for make up and makes the foundation looks more natural, and at night sometimes i leave a thick layer on as a sleeping mask

i highly recommend it to those with oily/combination skin and wants a light moisturizer that is not fragranced

im on my 3rd jar already and i'll buy this at duty free whenever i travel (the traveller's set contains one 75ml moisture surge, 1 eye gel and mini facial spray, for the price of one retail 50ml moisture surge!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Crystal78

This is a pretty good moisturizer for my sensitives and combo skin. It doesn't cause me any breakouts as my skin is reactive to most of the products and would tend to breakout easily everytime i use the wrong products. It is completely oil-free and provides just the right amount of hydration for my skin except my dry/sensitive cheeks. I need to layer another richer moisturizer on top of my cheeks area to eliminate the dryness and tightness i feel. I tend to use a lot of it as it absorbs too quickly into my thirsty skin. The price is really killing me as I finish the whole jar in just about or less than 2.5 months time. It costs me about US$50 or RM160 a jar in Malaysia. I hope i can get it cheaper elsewehere. I will continue to buy it until i find a cheaper and better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The 3rd version of Clinique's Moisture Surge. It actually locks in moisture for 18 hours. This is more of a "spa" product and is not completely necessary. How to use? After you use 3 step, a Clinique serum (Even Better, Turnaround Concentrate), moisturizer (Super Defense, Continuous Rescue, Repairwear), you put it on top of your moisturizer. During the day, you can place it over makeup without moving it to give your skin a nice "drink of water"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an early review b/c I haven't used the product more than a week, but I'm quite impressed so far. I have tried using this under my morning sunscreen (either Olay or Shiseido) and at night under my DDML. Considering it is hot here, I am quite impressed. It makes an excellent primer for foundation. Will update after a longer period. EDIT: When I use this for several days in a row, my skin becomes blotchy along the jaw line. Have discontinued use, but my 15 year old daughter is finishing up my leftover product. I have been more impressed with DDMG these days when the weather is warm and I need some moisture, but nothing heavy.