October 21, 2014 | 1222 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LCarty21

I have combination skin, and I was looking for a light-weight summer moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores. Before this I had used Neutrogena combination skin moisturizer which I do like, but I wanted to try something different and lighter. I LOVE this product, it's a million times better than dramatically different...I have only used it in hot weather so far, so I have a feeling I might need to go back to a slightly heavier lotion for the fall and winter, but for a summer lotion this one can not be beat. The texture is amazing, it disappears right into my skin and definitely lasts all day. It was a little expensive, but it lasted me for several months of daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by hot_pepper96

I got a sample size of this product and I used it twice and both times this moisturizer stung my skin instead of soothing it. It is a light gel but there was no extra moisture and I felt more irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by KelsM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff.. I kept getting dry flaky skin on my nose so when I asked what i should do besides exfoliate the answer was mositure surge.. and I am hooked.. I exfoliate about once or twice a week.. then I do my regular three-step.... with the Dramatically different moisturising Gel.. not the lotion,.. then moisture surge. You can even put it on thick and let it sit for five minutes and then wipe off and rub in the excess...you would be suprised how much has soaked in... so I did this for my nose and it worked. The idea is that you use it after your lotion/ gel... and the lotion or gel preps the skin and moisturises and intisifies the effect of what is put on after it... so this makes the moisture surge soak in and be more effective...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

This product really works for my sensitive dry skin. I use it at night and before I put on makeup in the morning and it really moisturizes. Not sure I would buy this again cause of the price, and I don't like having to open a jar every single time, doesn't seem too sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen777

feel obliged to write a review on this.

Some reviews warned that it's NOT a moisturizer...then, what's is it???

well, i guess it depends on how you define "moisturizer", also, what's the outside condition (season, humidity...), and ultimately, your skin condition,

If you believe in what's printed on the box: 24 hours lock-in moisture, then you sure will be disappointed: it DOES NOT. So far, I haven't found anything that can really deliver moisture for 24 hrs.

For my combo, acne prone skin, in hot summer (35C, 50%+ humidity), yes it last the entire day, without clogging the pores; in the fall season, it lasts around 4-5 hrs, have to re-apply mid-day to maintain the same moisture level as at the beginning of the day. In the winter, with the heating, definitely need to put another creme on top, AND reapply every 4 hrs.

If you can keep your expectation realistic and put up with the re-application routine, it's truly a TOP QUALITY "Thirsty Skin Relief" .

I don't know how many gals are out there like me, in the eternal quest for the ultimate cream that would make our skin just look like we are 5, or 15...

At the same time, we forget the most basic, essential need of our skin: WATER, WATER, WATER.

We drink 8 glasses of water every day, why only give our skin one mornng shot of moisturzier, yet expect her to be glowing the rest of our life?

Major complain to Clinique: this stuff is way too expensive, considering we have to apply so generously and frequently in order for this to work - in my case, 1 jar lasts less than a month, and we are only September! - But I do have the most enviable skin in town - despite those little imperfections from time to time:)

2nd complain: seriously, cann't you guys come up with a more hygenic packaging??? - FYI, we are in 2008, not 1958 anymore...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tenchi

after reading the reviews, I got confuse at what this product actual does and how to effectively use it. So I contacted the Clinique consultants and this is what they emailed me back, and would like to share it with everyone:

The purpose ofClinique MOISTURE SURGE EXTENDED THIRST RELIEF is as a unique, versatile, oil-free cream-gel that delivers an immediate, intense moisture boost to your dehydrated skin in addition to your regular moisturizer. Your skin is immediately refreshed and dry fine lines will be less noticeable. It also helps calm and soothe irritated skin.

For the best results, apply Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief after using your Clinique 3-STEP SKIN CARE and other accessory products, including moisturizers, for an immediate boost. It can be applied daily all over your face (avoiding the immediate eye area) and as spot treatment around mouth and neck, crow's feet. It can also be mixed with a bit of your foundation in your hand before applying to give it an additional moisture boost.

Moisture Surge can also be used as an intensive, hydrating mask. To use as a mask, apply all of your skincare products, then apply a generous amount of Moisture Surge. Leave on your skin for 5 minutes, then tissue off. If you are applying makeup immediately afterwards, you may need to wipe your skin with a water-dampened 100% cotton ball before your makeup application.

i've been using it all wrong all along. i've been only using this as my moisturizer and didn't realize this is suppose to go on top of moisturizer. now i use this on top of my dd gel. haven't used it long enough to know the real affect. but so far my skin as been smooth and feels soft.

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MUCH better than dramatically different but its not as moisturizing as it claims to be. i like the texture, but i used this for the first time in bone-dry weather, and my skin was as flaky as ever. (i have combo, acne-prone skin) i found sweet almond oil to be much more effective, and cheaper too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by megs34

Got this product as a GWP. I was really planning on giving it to my mom until i noticed my skin was begining to dry out because of all the acne stuff i was using on my face. It has done wonders..it got rid of all the dry patches from my acne lotions, my skin looks smooth, it sinks right into your skin. I dont really mind that its in a jar but sometimes i feel like i accidently get too much..
anyways this is one of my HG moisturizers..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by zazzle86

I like this product. I hated dramatically different as it didnt do anything for me but this works wonders. I was a bit worried about purchasing it at first as the lady described it as a deep moisturizer that can be used as a mask as I have combination skin I didnt want the oily bits to look shiny but thats not the case. Its really refreshing and light and perfect for both day and night, I would say it was like a thick gel rather than a cream. Before this I used hope in a jar, I really liked what it did for my skin but I hated the smell and the texture it left on my face. This seems to be the perfect solution for it as it has the same effects for my skin but is light on my face and not sticky!! I would recommend this for any skin type. The great thing about it being light as well is you can apply as much as you need.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by hurricane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm the fly in the ointment...I loved moisture surge extra thirsty skin relief. It just worked for me. The new one leaves my skin dry and miserable. After a week of using it morning and night I noticed my face looked parched and was developing dry patches on the cheeks. I think it would still work really well for an oilier skin, but I am quite dry, so unfortunately it is sitting under my sink collecting dust now. I am so disappointed, because I just assumed it would work as well for me as the original.