Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 10/10/2007 4:44:00 PM

I normally don't wear much eyeliner but when I do I reach for this or Smashbox jetset. I am not the best at putting liner on but BB is so easy to use! And the color collection is amazing. These don't budge!

on 10/10/2007 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Most eyeliners don't last a few hours on me without smudging let alone lasting a whole day... but Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is one of the rarer ones that last quite a while. However i do find that it smudges a little but i'm not sure whether or not its because of the way my eyelids fold or if its because i have super oily lids. Either way... this stuff works pretty great compared to the other stuff. Applying it requires a bit of practice... but yeah i quite like it.

on 10/9/2007 12:51:00 AM

I really like this eyeliner, it has great staying power and despite the small size, there's enough product to last you over a year or two.

I'm eurasian and have slightly oily lids, however, the eyeliner has rarely smudged. It does smudge on the odd occasion, particularly when it's summer (temperatures have surpassed 105 degrees fahrenheit in Australia before), other than that, it's the ideal eyeliner for all seasons but its staying power is best during the cooler months.

The price for this eyeliner is quite high and it's a bit of a hassle how you need to purchase an eyeliner application brush separately, but it really is a great product and I definitely recommend it. It'd be ESPECIALLY effective with those who have dry/normal/slightly oily eyelids.

on 9/30/2007 2:57:00 PM

After reading the reviews here, I went ahead and purchased the gel eyeliner. I love it and am glad I did. A little goes a LONG way and it should last a long time. I stays put all day and washes off easily I would definitely purchase it again.

UPDATE: Feb 2009. Now that this has been a few months (it does last a long time) it is cakey and when I use it (with 1/2 the jar left) it leaves colored specks all over my eye area (yuck-a mess considering I've applied BB concealer already) and cheeks. I have to use tweezers and a magnifying mirror to pick the gel specks off my face. A time waster, but it does stay put and looks great. I've moved on to MAC fluidine. Very silky and stays put ALL day without the clumps on my face--so far :).

on 9/28/2007 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have not worn a pencil eyeliner since I discovered this over two years ago. I LOVE this product. I have practically every single color that has been made, and I cannot imagine my makeup routine without it. It stays all day long, It makes a great clean line - looks very classic. You must use it with the Bobbi Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush for best results. Try the Ivy Shimmer - it is one of my favorites!

on 9/19/2007 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It was the first gel eyeliner I used and it is still my current eyeliner today. I received it as a gift many years ago (just several months before MAC fluidline came out). Even though I use it daily, there is still so much left. It has started to dry out and crack in the middle, but it still works incredibly well. It stays put all day and resists smudging, which with my slightly oil, Asian lids, it used to happen pretty often.

My objective: long-wearing, smudgeproof eyeliner in black

PROS:
really stays on all day
smudgeproof
basic black (not bluish or greyish)
smooth after all these years and with drying and cracking
a little goes a long way

CONS:
expensive (other similar products on the market for less)
in the color "plum" it is really tough to work with. not smooth at all and an unappealing plum color

Overall thoughts...
I will not buy this again just because there are other comparable products on the market nowadays. I remember when I first got it, there weren't other inexpensive gel liners out there. I like it, but I've tried MAC's fluidline and liked it just as well.

on 9/19/2007 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried the black color, it stays put for all day, won't smudge to my oily crease. Easy to remove. However, it is too pricey.

on 9/15/2007 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

After using Smashbox's cream eyeliner for over a year, I finally decided to try this one, and I wasn't disappointed. I love how dark it comes, out and it's definately better than the gel eyeliner that MAC makes also. It doesn't smear, or smudge. I bought the arch brush from Benefit and it gave me a good line. Just be careful to apply it correctly, cause it dries fast! If you do it right, it looks great though!

on 9/13/2007 3:18:00 AM

Love it. I've tried MAC fluidline e/l and its not as good as Bobbi Brown.

on 9/12/2007 3:05:00 PM

I own this liner in almost every color. I love it. It stays put well throughout the day and does not smudge. It last a long time too. The only place on my eye that fades is in the corners. I sometimes have to touch up. It is the best IMHO. I have tried MAC, Stila, Trish, Laura.... you name it I've tried it. I still find BB to be the best. I know some reviewers state that you have to use the BB brush to get the best results. I say false. I have used the BB brush as well as Trish #50 and several MAC brushes. I think it depends which brush works best for you. I prefer Mac brush 212 or Trish #50 to apply this. It stays on the same amout of time and applies the same. I just don't like the BB brush as much as these.