April 16, 2014 | 2122 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by exitgravity

PROS: Great shimmery colors, natural, a great "stay-put" gel base. CONS: I honestly just hate having to be bothered with a brush for everything. The texture is thick and takes time to get used to and apply, for sure. Due to texture, it tends to clump on the eyeliner brush. I needed to wash my brush after every application, because the gel dries on it, making it nearly impossible to reuse the brush and apply the liner smoothly the next day. The brush really has to be clean every time. Did I mention I hate liner brushes? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by vavaj99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just had a makeover at a Bobbi Brown event in a dept. store and the MA applied this eyeliner in ivy shimmer. I really like it...goes on smooth, looks good all day. I bought the brush too, it works for me. I just use the eyeliner on the upper lid, then I use a powder for under the eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lovely17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is good, the colors are awesome, but it smudges on me too. i have really oily eyelids i guess, this does not work like liquid liner does on me,, but this is probably the best and most stay proof of any other eyeliner i have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by shbea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smudges, and fades, this stuff was the worst

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by elongreach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this liner. It's what I've been going for recently. As most of the other ladies have said, it's hard to do a thin line with the Bobbi Brown brushes. However that's ok for me because I usually only wear it when I'm going out for a night on the town. I'll use something else for other occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lynncho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in espresso ink and you can layer it for a more dramatic look. I was never good with liquid liners so this is great for me (although I still use a qtip dipped in lotion to erase mistakes). I bought the BB ultra fine brush that goes with it but I can't seem to make really skinny lines yet (hence the qtip). I love how you can soften the edges for a smudged effect that doesn't budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Mittmitts

I have this product in Granite Ink. I am pale and often find regular black is too harsh on me but this is a great alternative. It goes on beautifully (although I have not managed to draw a thin line with it), stays all day, is removed easily with eye make up remover, and is generally great! I also use it to line my waterline and tightline and it is the best product I have found for this - again - it lasts all day. This might just be my HG black eyeliner. I use it with BB's ultra fine eye liner brush. I prefer this product to fluidlines although I'm not quite sure why - maybe because I have found the colour to be denser. I have yet to try any other colours of this product but I really hope that they are good too!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by bonnardkitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know how well this product might have worked on me in my early twenties. Being in my late thirties, I find that it does not glide on smoothly over my eyelids. Every dry bump and wrinkle in my eyelids causes the line I draw with the gel to go off course. I also find the ultra fine lining brush impossible to load up with enough product - I can draw a line for about 4 millimeters and then I have to load up the brush again. I really regret buying this. It's a good color, but nothing spectacular, IMHO. I think I'll try liquid eyeliner again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by chocolatLiz

I always thought I couldn't wear eyeliner because I never found one I could apply easily. I love the Bobbi Brown because it dries quickly, doesn't smudge and is so easy to apply, I would definitely recommend buying the brush with it and be sure to wash the brush tip every few days or the application becomes difficult. I use the Granite Ink (I have blonde hair) and it's easy to make subtle enhancements or big drama eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tararae

I bought this in bronze and love it so much. I prefer these to the MAC fluidlines. I'm still practicing the application of the gel but it's much easier than I thought it would be. These come in some nice colors and last a long time. You don't need much to make your eyes pop. I look forward to getting some more colors.