Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These gel eyeliners are the best! They apply super-smooth, great pigmentation, and they last all day without smudging. That is a huge plus to me because my daily make-up is on for 11 hours. I have a few colors and so far I haven't been disappointed. The shimmer shades are not "in your face" shimmer, so they are appropriate for the work environment. I use BB's fine eyeliner brush and the application is flawless. BB's gel liners get compared to MAC's Fluidlines a lot and I have to say that they are very similar with MAC having more color choices and BB's being more expensive.

This is my HG that totally replaced my MAC fluidlines. It is super easy to blend and I love how creamy it is. This doesn't smudge at all and stays on all day. I have it in Chocolate Shimmer and let's just say that it is the best color in the world. I can't get enough of this. I would buy them all if they weren't so darn expensive. 30 bucks for a pot is a bit too much for me. I will definitely repurchase but I can see myself using this one for a very long time.

Love, love. love this gel eyeliner. I have usually skipped eyeliner due to the fact it's messy, smears and flakes. I have since changed my mind. I have 3 colors: espresso, graphite and galaxy(lite silvery gray shimmer). I have medium brown eyes and all thee colors work for me! I have excercised in this many times and it never moves!! I took 1 lippie off due to the fact that it's in a glass container and I'm clumsy. Past products usually fade and wear off and never truly defines my eyes. This is different--great for sensitive eyes....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GOGO dancer approved! This is the best eyeliner, by far, that I have used. Working as a gogo dancer for several years, I have gone through quite a few different brands of eyemakeup, and this is the only one that lasts through the entire night!! And isnt hard to take off, only need a little eyemakeup remover.....In addition, I love the way it just glides on an leaves no dry cracks like some liquid eyeliners. Tried the MAC version and was very dissapointed. It left smudges all under my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first time i have ever moved away from the liquid eyeliner. But, i really like the gel liner. It goes on smooth and stays all day. The seprate brush is hard to get used to at first, but i have the hang of it now. The colors are really nice and last almost all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

i love this stuff, ive tried mac fluidline, and the smashbox gel liners, and the stila one and none of them compare to the bobbi brown one. it never budges, its smooth unlike some of the others and it never runs after you've had it on all day. the last time i wore the mac one after about an hour the top of my eyelid and the botton of my eye were all smudges and i looked like a freak until someone pointed out that my eyeliner was running. so if youre looking for a gel liner dont even think about getting a different brand. this is the best stuff its one of very few makeup products that ill never stop buying.

I normally don't wear much eyeliner but when I do I reach for this or Smashbox jetset. I am not the best at putting liner on but BB is so easy to use! And the color collection is amazing. These don't budge!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Most eyeliners don't last a few hours on me without smudging let alone lasting a whole day... but Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is one of the rarer ones that last quite a while. However i do find that it smudges a little but i'm not sure whether or not its because of the way my eyelids fold or if its because i have super oily lids. Either way... this stuff works pretty great compared to the other stuff. Applying it requires a bit of practice... but yeah i quite like it.

I really like this eyeliner, it has great staying power and despite the small size, there's enough product to last you over a year or two.

I'm eurasian and have slightly oily lids, however, the eyeliner has rarely smudged. It does smudge on the odd occasion, particularly when it's summer (temperatures have surpassed 105 degrees fahrenheit in Australia before), other than that, it's the ideal eyeliner for all seasons but its staying power is best during the cooler months.

The price for this eyeliner is quite high and it's a bit of a hassle how you need to purchase an eyeliner application brush separately, but it really is a great product and I definitely recommend it. It'd be ESPECIALLY effective with those who have dry/normal/slightly oily eyelids.

After reading the reviews here, I went ahead and purchased the gel eyeliner. I love it and am glad I did. A little goes a LONG way and it should last a long time. I stays put all day and washes off easily I would definitely purchase it again.

UPDATE: Feb 2009. Now that this has been a few months (it does last a long time) it is cakey and when I use it (with 1/2 the jar left) it leaves colored specks all over my eye area (yuck-a mess considering I've applied BB concealer already) and cheeks. I have to use tweezers and a magnifying mirror to pick the gel specks off my face. A time waster, but it does stay put and looks great. I've moved on to MAC fluidine. Very silky and stays put ALL day without the clumps on my face--so far :).