August 1, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

Love love love! I just got this in Sapphire Shimmer, such a beautiful color. I don't have a lot to compare this to because I haven't used MAC Fluidlines or anything else, but I have used Clinique's Cream liners, and I like this much better. The color payoff is better and Bobbi Brown has much better colors. Also, the shimmer in Clinique's Black Honey cream liner was very irritating to my eyes, but the shimmer in the BB Sapphire doesn't bother me at all. Love this and will soon start collecting the other colors as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by tutkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product, I have sepia ink, and I actually use it for eyebrow filler as well. I am asian with dark hair it works great..i like to extend the tail of my eyebrow, so this product has lasting power..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by naturalchic07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 6 of these so far, Sepia Ink, Espresso Ink, Granite Ink, Black Ink, Cobalt Ink and Sapphire Shimmer Ink. My favourites would have to be espresso for a natural look, black for a more definied look and sapphire for a fun look. I have blue eyes and espresso and black definitely work well with them. Sapphire also does something for my eyes, making them pop and whitening the whites. The quality of these gel liners is second to none, they're smooth, go on easily and stay put until you remove them. They're all I use now and I never leave the house without wearing one of them. I use the bobbi brown ultra fine eyeliner brush with them and find it's perfect to get her signature line which I love. You can draw a straight line or wing it out at the end whilst taughtening your eye to make it a bit easier. These little pots are so cute and do seem to last a good while. I think as long as you close them tight after each use they stay moist longer. All in all, a fabulous item which I wouldn't be without....EVER!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Ditto on all the good comments. Most eyeliners somehow manage to irritate my eyes big-time. By the afternoon I have watery eyes and a headache. So I've avoided eyeliner for a long time.
I knew I'd be visiting the Bobbie Brown counter so I thought I'd read some reviews and was impressed by what was said about this gel eyeliner. I tried some on and was very impressed. After finally deciding on Sepia Ink, I also bought the brush (which needs to be the way it is--thicker than most eyeliner brushed I'm used to) and am happily on my third day of using it.
It stays on and DOES NOT GET INTO MY EYES! It's a little stubborn to get off, but worth the extra work. I would like to get some other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Bobbi's gel eyeliner, it edges out mac fluidline IMO. Stays on all day and the color stays true.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by she_scarlet

i got this gel eyeliner as well as MAC's gel eyeliner. both are good in their own way. for bobbi's, you get very intense colour and long staying power. For me, i have a relatively oily face esp at the end of the day. With bobbi's, the eyeliner will only be slightly smudged. However it is more expensive than MAC's. Another reminder, rmb to cap it after use. The gel dries up in the pot and starts to crack after a couple of months. And you dont necessarily have to purchase the brush tt the salesperson recommends. A cheap brush with a small tip will do the job.

now for MAC....it's pretty good cause it's easier to use as the gel is not so viscous so you are able to draw a finer line on your lids. However it doesnt stay on my lids as long as Bobbi's. hope this helps! :)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by nonnobebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the variety of colours available as well as the ease of applying the eyeliner. I have used smashbox and mac's fluidline as well and I would have to say that BB is my favourite of all. It dries well and stays on for a very long time. It really doesn't smear but you really need to use makeup removed to get it all off. I think that using the ultra fine liner brush really does make things a lot easier when it comes to applying the eyeliner. A little bit goes a long way but don't "dig" into the pot when you're applying the eyeliner, otherwise the remaining eyliner in the pot gets dry and cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by cookiegirltoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, too, used to be my HG. But then it dried up like a bone--I still used it but had to smash my brush around to get any product. Then I discovered Merle Norman's "Lasting Creme Eyeliner". It's the same concept--comes in a pot and is similar in consistency except MN's is smoother...creamier. I just now dabbed some on my hand and had to literally scrub to remove it. Don't recall the colors available, but I have it in Navy and Slate. Last week I tried using it as an eyeshadow--I dabbed my finger lightly on the eyeliner and patted on my eyelid. Stayed all day with no creasing (I don't think it would work if you tried to "contour"--dries too fast!!) I know a lot of people don't think MN is "cool" enough, but I gotta tell ya--this stuff is amazing. And really, who cares if your makeup is Bobbie Brown or MAC or whatever--wearing a certain brand of makeup (or clothes for that matter) is not going to make people like you better, right? Enough preaching--I strongly suggest you try it. If you like BB, you'll love MN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by DaisyJane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the BEST eyeliner EVER! It works best with the Bobbi Brown Ultrafine Eyeliner Brush. This eyeshadow never smuges and goes on smoothly. It comes is beautiful colors too. Definitely worth the $ and it will last you forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

OMG, this is indeed my HG!! I cannot believe I did not discover this before!! The staying power is AWESOME, and what's great about it is IT DOESN'T SMEAR!!!! I love this product. I won't leave home w/out it. This is a must have in your makeup wear.