August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and use retin-a at night and md forte products during the day. I have tried Ponds cold cream three times over the last 10 years and every time it has clogged my pores. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a great make up remover and super cheap. I usually put a couple of fingers worth over my face, massage it in and leave it for a few minutes. I can't usually stand it being on my face longer than that because it starts to feel so greasy - but you can feel the make up literally melting off your face. Then I remove it using cotton pads, but I might start using muslin cloths and warm water when I can get some cloths next.

My skin does feel a little greasy after I've wiped it off, so I usually use a toner afterwards followed by a little moisturiser.

My skin feels really clean and looks glowing - highly recommended. A few people have complained about the scent but I actually really love the smell - just like roses.

I only wish they would change the packaging from a jar to a tube, I'm not too keen on having to dip my fingers in to get it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by rayzielase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not recommend using this on all your face if you're acne prone like me bc its too greasy....But its PERFECT for makeup removal especially the tough waterproof mascara!!! This is the best for mascara..it works wonderfully and way better than any eye makeup remover ive used!! Will definitely continue buying this!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by megglundrigan

I got this in a two-pack at Walmart while it was on sale because I was dying to try it as a make-up remover and it didn't disappoint! The smell is a bit strong for me but it's easy to get used to.

At the end of the day I wash my hands and dab some of this cold cream on my cheeks, chin, nose, forehead and eyelids and then I massage it into my skin and rub it evenly all over my face. I then let it sit for a minute or so while I gather all of my other products and I then tissue it off. Initially I wasn't using a gentle cleanser afterwards but I found my skin was getting greasy and I was experiencing more breakouts so I added the extra step - a quick cleanse with Pears transparent soap. That gets rid of all the greasiness and I'm left with soft and very clean (but never dry!) skin.

Pond's Cold Cream removes all the make-up and gunk from my face as well as waterproof mascara and various degrees of eyeshadow. I'm guessing that the tub it is packaged in isn't very sanitary but I always wash my hands before hand and make sure the lid is screwed on tightly. As for the price, I got mine in a two-pack for about $4 which is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Definately worth it and the tub will last you a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by chaaguila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE PONDS COLD CREAM!

Reasons for 5 stars *****

* Prevents Breakouts ( I haven't had a break out or pimple since first usage. I use Mac Foundation and was ready to switch to another brand because I had crazy break outs. Ponds cold cream deep cleans and gets hard to remove make up!!)
* Moisturizes ( Not only does it deep clean and removes make up it made my face softer. After use my skin is smooth and soft. Does not dry my skin like other harsh toners or make up removers. )
* Affordable ( I have tried expensive brands thinking it would do the job. Wrong! Ponds is cheap and works better than any other product i have used!!)
* Cleared out my pimples ( My face was badly breaking out after using Ponds cold cream my face started to clear up within less than a month. Still using it after 3 months and my face is still pimple free. )
* Fun to use haha (You get to see your make up slide easily off your face onto the cotton square or cloth. I have the evidence that it is doing its job!!!)

HOW I USE:
1. Grab small amount of cream and massage it on your face. (You'll see the make up loosen up) 1- 2min
2. Grab 2 cotton squares or balls (cloth or tissue can work also). Damp and squeeze off excess water. Remove Dirt, Oil, makeup.
3. Use a light cleanser. I use Ultra Calming Cleanser by Aveeno.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by gabbster123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has that Old Lady Purfume scent but it doesnt bother me since it removes ALL makeup in one swipe including foundation. The only gripe is that it leaves an oily residue(Hence why I gave it a 4). Great I got it at my dollar store for 2 bucks. will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product since I was young, it has been around for a long long time which says something about how great it is!!
This is the only cleanser that gets off ALL my makeup, even mascara.
Very gentle on the skin and doesn't make my eyes sting.
Leaves my skin nice and soft and smelling of rosewater.
I have very dry skin and this in the only cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin leaving it feeling tight, I don't feel like my skin has been stripped of its natural oils.
I usually apply this in the shower and wipe of with a damp warm face washer, I then tone with Witchhazel and moisturise as normal and my skin looks, clean, fresh and healthy.
I love this cleanser, I have tried many others but always come back to this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I do not like the packaging (you have to dip your hand into the container - unsanitary), and the smell is not appealing. The texture of this cream is extremely oily and "runny." I bought it when my face was going through a dry spell over the winter time. This stuff didn't break me out and it did not cause allergies. It got the job done and removed my makeup. My jar ran out a year ago and I have since moved on to other makeup removers. This one is all right but nothing stellar, and I don't think the ingredients are 'natural.' Also, it added time to my routine... these days I use an all-in-one cleanser by Philosophy - it removes makeup, cleanses my face, and tones all in one step. It saves me time and I feel good about the ingredients that I put on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by P3achyK33n

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What the heck is wrong with me?
I bought this at Wal-Mart, slathered it on, inhaled, gagged, waited, hoped, rinsed and bawled.
The smell is overwhelmingly grandmotherly, although I could have ignored it if this product had worked!
When I rinsed it off, I was left with a rash that itched and itched for days. All. Over. My. Face.
I was so disappointed!
On top of it all, it dried out my already dry skin.
This seemed like such a trustworthy product.
Must be the perfume, it's really strong and harsh on my sensitive skin. I wish there was a ABOSLUTELY NOT IN THIS LIFETIME button next to Would you purchase this product again.
Sorry gals, I'll pass :(
I hope someone will want it when I get the hang of swapping (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by soooo

I use this as my makeup remover and i love it. Removes everything, doesn't mess with the rest of my routine, and it doesn't make my face feel tight or dry. It leaves a little bit of a residue but that's not a problem for me because I use a cleanser after that anyway. Honestly it makes my skin feel smoother and softer even the next day. It's super cheap, the container is huge and it barely takes any product to take off all my makeup. Will definitely repurchase.