April 16, 2014 | 1183 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

Works GREAT for undereye circles but it's thick and drying, so use an eye cream first for the best results. I use this stuff daily to conceal my undereye area. You'll get good coverage with this concealer. I just wish it didn't come packaged in a pot. While it's easy to apply this way, I always worry that the product is getting contaminated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

[For reference, I have acne-prone skin with lots scars, some being a shade of pink and many very wine-red scars. My combination skin is olive and I am currently using EM's Golden Medium or EM's Olive Medium--it depends on the day. ]

CONCEALING ABILITY
-Scars/ Blemishes: It desn't cover scars very well. I had to use a ton product to get light to slightly medium coverage. If you have scars that are as intense as freckles, this might be for you. If your scars are have deeper coloring, this will probably not be the product for you.
-Undereye Circles: This is too dry for those with dry or slightly dry undereye areas,. It will tug, look cakey, and crease under the eye.
- doesn't last: whatever coverage I had just faded after 4-6 hours

COLORING
Boi-ing has very limited shade ranges: only Light, Medium, and Dark. Light may be suitable for some those who have fair skin with yellow undertones, but Medium and Dark are too peachy for Olive tones. This concealer was definitely made for the White woman (no offense).

TEXTURE
- Not very blendable: after warming the product, it was not creamy enough.
- does not grab onto skin as well: I had to go over my problem areas over and over again to put the concealer on

Though Boi-ing doesn't have a concealer stench and it didn't break me out, I think it is overpriced for the quality. I think MAC's Studio Finish Concealer is a much better value: Boi-ing is $19 for 2.847 grams / 0.1 oz, while Mac Studio Finish Concealer is $15.50 for 7 grams/ 0.246 oz. With over ten shades, MAC has better color selection. MAC Studio Finish Concealer also has better packaging: Boi-ing comes in a screw cap, while the Studio Finish Concealer has a cap that you just flip open. The MAC Studio Finish Concealer works better to conceal undereye areas that tend to be dry or slightly dry. However, the MAC Studio Finish Concealer might break you out and MAC rarely (has it ever?) have any store discounts for non-professional customers. If you want bang for your buck, I highly recommend getting the Studio Finish Concealer. I don't recommend Boi-ing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by tishykitty

Works great for spot treatments, wouldn't recommend for a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jenbrooks

I could not live without this concealer. I have v dark cirlcles and this is the only thing i've tried so far that gets even close to covering them enough for me to leave the house!! I use 01 (light) as i'm fair and it's fine for me. It doesn't last all day, but on my oily skin (and not having found a good enough primer yet) nothing does. The packaging is brill, with a mirror in the lid. It's lasts ages so the price doesn't bother me. The consistency is quite thick i guess in comparision to something like YSL touche eclat which i used to use, but it is 'industrial strength' so it is expected. I use my ring finger to apply and blend which works well. I would absolutely reccommend this to anyone with dark circles or blemishes to hide! Top marks from me!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by resco

Rise and shine! After having used countless different concealers, I can confidently say with much relief that this is, by far, the best concealer I have ever tried. Boi-ing provides a strikingly alert, well-rested look, even if you had pulled an "all-nighter". I have dark shady circles under my eyes as I party on the weekends and study late during the week, and this product provides the ideal amount of coverage I need. After using this concealer, I appear as if I have gotten 8-hours of beauty sleep throughout my week. It is a heavenly product. And most importantly, it is not cakey as long as you moisturize well before applying the concealer. As the concealer is incredibly thick, it can only go on smoothly if you hydrate the eye area beforehand. In my personal regiment, I apply vitamin e oil topically to my circles and then mix with moisturizer. This provides the perfect canvas for concealer application. Unfortunately, the packaging is not great quality. After owning the product for about five months, the screw is already loose, making it difficult to close the lid properly. Overall however, the results are effective and long lasting. Bright eyes come hither!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nmicheli03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's kind of cakey and dark so you have to blend extremely well. Be super careful when picking the color, the sales girls will tell you EVERYONE is color medium. I'm light and they tried telling me at a few Benefit counters I need medium. I find the easiest way to apply is with a small concealer brush. This does work pretty well for the times I'm sleep deprived. A trick to get it to blend nicer is to warm some up between your fingers and rub it under the eyes. I use this so little because I don't like the consistency all that much so it's lasted a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this before the packaging changed, so it's in a chic glossy black case. For my dry eye area, this over my serum & lots of moisturizer gives the best coverage I've found yet, with less creasing than any I've tried (everything form Almay and Revlon to Clinique, EL, LM, Chanel, you name it. LM gives me equal coverage, but slightly more creasing). Boi-ing goes on easily with a concealer brush, and the lightest shade is one of the few shade antwhere that is pale enough fo me. This is heavy duty stuff, so if you have ultra-dark, purple, circles like I do, this is worth a try! Also covers tiny red marks well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by semblance

hate it. might work, but is way, way too dark, and really sits in lines. will trade it or bin it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a horrible horrible concealer. Worst than any i ever used. First off I used an eye cream before using this and even so this is very drying for some reason. I put on one layer of this and it barely cover anything. After that I put on another layer and it's still not cover and I admit I do have herdiary dark circles but this BARELY cover anything after i layer one 3 layers. I stop after the 3rd because it began to cake up. This dried out my under eyes also even though (i mention before) i used eye cream. This just doesnt do it for me..... I tried DS concealer and even those work better than this for much less too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by parouscha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really great product, works very good!

But i think the price is a little to expensive fore this concealer, so that's the only thing i don't like about it...