July 30, 2014 | 2176 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by nena923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like this I when I first tried it I thought well maybe I need to give it more time so I can get use to it. Nope I have the taste it is just sooo chemically the chapstick itself feel like I put grease on my lips and I just have nothing nice to say it has dried my lips so I just use skittle smuckers lip balm and that keeps my lips happy. This is just a fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by koreancosmeticsaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this lip balm in the blue tube and pink writing.
I hate this lip balm.
Lip balm plays a huge part in my makeup routine because I think soft, luscious lips always finish the look.
I'm giving this only 1 lippie because of the smell.
I HATE THE SMELL, it smells like plasticy floral and fruits. It's so overpowering that when i opened the cap, the smell was already making me dizzy.
I like my products to have a slight, pleasant smell or no smell at all is tolerable.

But this smell is just... URGH.
Definitely not purchasing again.

It doesn't moisturize my lips for some reason, it makes the dead skin flake up and fades away really quickly.
No likey over there.

I usually don't give such low ratings but I hate this lip balm so this is an exception.

UPDATE: So, I decided to give the baby lips another try. Instead of purchasing it again in berry, I decided to buy the smoothing cherry one. Oh my, this one smells heavenly. It was around RP 18,900. Which is very cheap for a lip product so heavily advertised. The only downside is, as the previous lip balm, it kind of lacks in moisturizing, it wasn't as bad as my berry one but I could feel flakes flicking up after 4 hours of usage. I could feel the lip balm still there but I don't think it was moisturizing anymore. Overall, 4 points for being cheap, moisturizing, smelling nice but 1 lippie lost for not being as long lasting as it promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by biancagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, after seeing their ads so many times and seeing it promoted all over websites, I decided to give this baby a shot..
HA, wasn't the best idea ever.
1. Gave my lips an overly glossy finish, making my lips feel sticky and uncomfortable.
2. I had to reapply it every 10 minutes because it faded incredibly fast.
3. Smells really good (quenched) but THAT IS ALL.

I noticed how my lips were just dry and terrible, and when I coated this over my lips, it'd just make my chapped, dry, flaky lips extremely wet looking. Not a good look.

Purchase a classic chapstick, seriously. It works better than this junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by PicturePerfect0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I L-O-V-E this product, the cherry me is the perfect shade for my skin tone. I'm a girl who loves wearing cherry chapstick for moisture and a not too noticeable shade. My lips feel great and this lip balm also smells nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Pros:

Cute Packaging
Nice Smells

Cons:

Colour fades after like 20 minutes, so I wouldn't suggest using this for the colour.
You'll have to use it a lot to get the "softer, suppler lips" in the ads.

I've used the two sheer balms, which are alright, and the peach one. The colour is flattering to my skin tone and it smells good but again, colour fades quickly.

Overall, this product is okay, but there are better lip balms out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I do like this product but it's not perfect.

First of all the colours I have are Grape Vine (sheer glossy purple) and Peach Kiss (sheer slightly dryer nude-peach with subtle shimmer). Grape Vine I like a lot: flattering slight berry hint and smooth application with a glossy texture, pretty moisturizing. I haven't had as much luck with the Peach kiss which can cling to and accentuate flakes on my lips. The packaging is adorable and they are fairly moisturizing although I don't think they necessarily deserve all of the hype especially considering the 5$ CAD pricetag.

I would like to try the Cherry (red) and Pink Punch (pink) colours but I will wait to find them on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Melindaeng

this product really nice, i always have a dry lips that cause i have a bad habit (bite my lips and licking my lips with saliva when my lips dry) but this maybelline baby lips balm SOLVE MY PROBLEM. After using one night its really work !!! my lips become smooth !! really recommend this =D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MonaeM12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

honestly, baby lips ruined my lips. they make it so much dryer. i can say the packaging is awesome and cute but the product isnt good. it doent work. it does make my lips shiny. but then it goes away. i would NOT buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Mochahonats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I've recently been getting into buying more lip products than I normally do, and I have to say this is my favorite by far!! I have Peach Kiss, Cherry Me, and Pink Punch. PK is my least favorite I felt like my lips were dryer after I wore it for a day or two, and the color wasn't very flattering with my skin tone ( I like to call myself golden lol but I'm mixed black and white). CM has been my number 1!! I've been using it almost daily for like 2 months now and couldn't be happier. The color is a great shade of red, but not over whelming as if I had out lipstick on. I like to wear it with a red lipstick as it begins to wear off, the CM builds it up again. The moisture in this shade is FANOMINAL!! The only lip balm i carry around on a daily bases. PP is also a great one... So much so that my dog chewed it but after only having it for 2 weeks or so :( while I had it tho I loved the pink shade and it inspired me to buy pink lipstick and wear it with confidence :))

Baby Lips is a great line of colored lip balms that moisturize and give you lips a great tint without over powering other makeup you may be wearing.

I will continue to buy this over and over again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cute concept and smells good, BUT this dried my lips out worse than they already were. I wouldn't buy this for dry chapped lips at all!