October 31, 2014 | 1494 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

The packaging is sooo adorable!! These are just normal lip balms and some are tinted. I got the grape one and the peppermint one. Honestly they are just decorative and over priced lip balms. They do not even last that long and the tint wears off pretty quickly. I find myself re-applying this every chance I can get! I wouldn't recommend if you have really dry chapped lips. They are for more healthy and normal type lips because they don't do much. I highly recommend for those who just want a cute and fun chapstick to put in your purse.... For me, not I will not repurchase, I'm glad I got the buy 1 get 1 50% off.. because I honestly bought them because of the packaging and because of the sale

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this at all. I was looking for my regular blistex but came across these..what a mistake. I bought 2 and complete waste of money..never buy again. Dried out my lips even more and the taste was so gross...the colors are awful too. I am pretty tan..and the light pink was super bright. ick

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by DestinyBOO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Baby Lips was very disappointing i was expecting better quality than what i got. In fact my lips are worst now than what they where before. This product performed VERY POORLY i.m.o. (in my opinion). I would not buy this product ever again it is just a sad product i.m.o.
And the Pink Punch one does not look good on women of color.

VERY PATHETIC!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Doublechi

Not moisturizing and overall very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by shamima

the packaging is childlike and yet compelling. i picked this up after i saw my bff using it. she never uses lip products but she loved it and that surprised me enough that i had to check it out. well i hate cherry flavours but that colour was the most appealing so i got it. and the scent is not bad. the tint is nice. and i used it non stop for the first few weeks. however i realized this doesn't really moisturize my lips. if they are super dry it does not help. if they are in decent condition, it maintains that level.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I bought the pink one in hopes that it would be a nice tinted lip balm but this leaves my lips dry, the color settles into the lines on my lips instantly, and if I was going to use this I would need to apply every 5 minutes. It was cheap so I'm not super disappointed, but I do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aksharad

I'm an absolute lip balm junkie.. I have tons and I still do not hesitate when it comes to buying more. Just the other day I saw these on the maybelline counter.. the super duper cute packaging just called out to me and I bought 3 of them : Antioxidant Berry, Mango Pie & Pink Lolita.

All 3 are okay when it comes to moisturizing.. however, my lips are quite normal with no major chapping or flaking so they do the job of basic hydration and I don't ask for more.. If your lips are on the drier side, you might wanna use something more heavy duty. They have SPF 20 which is always a plus. They claim to provide 8 hour hydration which is laughable. These might last for maximum 2 hours and then you'll feel the need to reapply. And as far as their "visibly renewed lips" claim goes, I've used these since about 2 weeks and I do not see any major changes in my lips. Some details on the variants:

Antioxidant Berry: This one comes in a super cute baby blue and pink packaging.. smells fruity (berry I presume) with some vanilla hints that I detect.. its basically a clear balm with no tint whatsoever and it gives quite a pretty, glossy sheen but then again, its not long lasting.

Mango Pie: This one is similar to the previous variant. It has no tint and goes on clear with a glossy finish. However, this comes in a yellow and pink tube which it quite catchy. It smells like fruit punch and stronger than the antioxidant berry variant.

Pink Lolita: First of all, the name made me laugh. This is the tinted balm of the bunch and gives a light, rosy pink colour to my lips which can be buildable if you like, and looks very pretty. The finish is glossy and it feels good on the lips. The packaging is baby pink and white. I personally like the smell of this one the least out of the 3 since it smells sort of like plastic and strawberries. But I can cope with the smell since I like the tint it gives.

Overall, these balms are quite mediocre and do not do anything too immense in terms of hydration and "renewing the lips". They just give some nice shine and keeps your lips moist for like a couple of hours and that's pretty much it. 3 stars for the cuteness that the packaging is, SPF content, the finish that they give and the fact that they're quite cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by 1funnyface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing special about this stuff at all. Didn't make my lips any different than any other run of the mill lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by gemma3617

Overall I like this product, It is relatively moisturising and smells really nice. I do find myself reapplying quite often though.I have had other lip balms that are more moisturising, but I still love this one for when my lips just need that extra bit of moisture! Is small and compact too which makes it easy to carry around, and fun packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xMakeupforeverx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE
This product is so amazing. It makes your lips so soft and is wonderful in the cold winter when your lips start getting chapped. This product is all the rage in the teen world right now and now i know why. I love it. I would DEFINITELY buy it again.