April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I’ll admit that I am both a product junkie and someone who is looking for that “perfect” skin product. I was heavily persuaded to buy this product after the numerous glowing reviews from my fellow MUA girls. However I have very very sensitive skin that breaks out if the wind blows the wrong direction – therefore this product was no different. After applying it to my entire face after cleansing for just 2 days my skin broke out all over my cheeks. I do blame myself – I should have known to not put something with oil in the title on my face. This product never did “sink” into my skin – instead it just sat a top of it and felt and looked icky. I had such high hopes but yet another product to banish off to the product waste land.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by darksidepsy

I bought this based on the reviews here at MUA. It is a very nice moisturizer it really reduces my flakes. But works even better while your skin is damp and although my face still gets a little oily, it is not nearly as bad as usual. Though I didnt notice a difference with my hair. I have not tried it overnight but based on what people are saying I will and hope for the best. Though I wont be buying desert essence's jojoba oil because I feel it is too expensive for the little bottle you get. But I will be getting my jojoba oil from an alternate site.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jardeshiri

OH-MY-GOD. So I've had acne since I was like 13 (I'm 21 now), I never grew out of it. I've tried everything. Proactive, Murad, every face-wash/toner imaginable, I've had laser treatments, blue/red light, chemical peels, Retin-A, antibiotics... not joking when I say everything. (Except Accutane, I'm too scared lol). Anyway, I think most of my acne is oil-related. I read some reviews on Jojoba Oil, and I had some lying around so I decided after MUCH hesitation to put it on my face (the word OIL scared me, because my skin is already so oily). I started using it two days ago, and my skin has cleared up 70%, it's insane, and it's only been like two days. It gives my skin a healthy glow too. I can't believe that something so simple, cheap, and easy is actually clearing up my skin. I use about 4 drops on my hand and put it on before bed. I hope it's not too good to be true, and it stops working after a while... hopefully my skin doesn't get used to it and start breaking out again, that would suck, but until then... I'll keep using it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by plilyheart

This is not your usual oil. It's not greasy, it absorbs very fast into your skin (unless you just pile it on!) I have acne prone skin, and I use it as a cleanser/moisturizer and I have not broken out from it. It doesn't make scars disappear but it gives my skin a nice glow.

I use it after I shave my legs and on my elbows. Really soft then.

TRY IT. it's vegan, no animal testing and it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

jojoba oil is such a wonderful oil. It has so many uses and nourishes the hair and skin beautifully. It soaks into the skin and doesn't leave a residue. During the day I rub just a drop between my palms and massage it into my face. It soaks right in and leaves my skin looking radiant. I apply my spf moisturizer right over it and my face doesn't look oily at all. At night I apply a bit more as it's ok if my skin looks a little oily. sometimes I blend or layer it with other oils/creams.

It's really wonderful as a hair treatment as well. It can be used as a deep conditioner by itself, but I usually blend it with some olive oil and/or coconut oil, heat it up, and apply it as a hot oil treatment. I leave it on anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour, and soemtimes overnight. Then, just shampoo it out then follow with my normal conditioner. (my hair likes a lot of moisture and tends to be dry and brittle unless i condition it a lot).

What I like about this oil is that it's light and soaks into the skin or hair with such ease. It's a bit more expensive than other oils but it's worth it and lasts a long time. It's much less expensive and more effective than expensive creams or pre-blended oil.

The desert essence oil is wonderful, i only wish it was packaged slightly differently. Sometimes a bit too much comes out of the bottle when i just want a drop or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mounttraver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this a few days ago as a facial moisturizer, and have seen an immediate change in my skin. My skin is allergic to most chemicals in traditional face moisturizers (even the ones for sensitive skin), so I gave this a try as an alternative. I've seen a dramatic turnaround in only 3 days: no itchiness, redness is gone, my once-taken-for-granted clarity has returned, and my acne/irritation scars are healing and fading quickly.
I wash with CeraVe cleanser (LOVE that stuff for sensitive skin), pat dry, then mix 7 drops of Aubrey Organics aloe + 1 drop of the jojoba oil in the palm of my hand, then use my other hand to pat the mix (very watery in consistency) onto my face. I've also been using the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion kit at night (wash with CeraVe both before and after using the dermabrasion to get the Neutrogena chems off my skin)--which I think has been adding to the clarity, but I've used it before and never had results like this.
I'm going to buy a dropper+jar for the jojoba oil, as the pour cap on the packaging is less than user-friendly, and seems as if it would leak when traveling. I took off one lippie for the inconvenient packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by CinCindy

Absolutely love! Jojoba Oil seriously saved my skin. I have dry acne prone skin and it has helped soo much. My acne has improved and my skin is pretty moist compared to what it used to be. I think this will work for any skin type. Everyone must try just to see some kind of improvement in their skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

Okay, this stuff is awesome! I had read reviews about this jojoba oil controlling oil. I've tried everything else to help my shiny nose, so I thought I may as well try this too. IT WORKS! I am amazed that an oil is what stopped my shiny nose. I didn't have to use blotting papers all day long and still no shine. I normally have to blot about an hour or so after I apply my makeup.

On top of getting rid of my shiny nose, this is a great moisturizer as well. I use it at night before bed and in the morning under my makeup. It's also great for use all over the body.

This is definitely an HG product. I feel stupid that I waited this long to try it. I would most definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by chihero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Haha, I'm another one of those people who read these glowing reviews and had to try it! Love it! I have combo skin that is oily in the summer and dry in the winter...and this really works for me. Its not too greasy at all and I love thats its just pure and organic, I don't have to research all the ingredients online because theres only 1! :) Anyway though, if you're skeptical, try it. And especially if you're all about the natural and organic aspect...its wonderful. I will use this forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimmetje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a sensitive combo skin. I've tried several products and moisturizers but i like to try new things.
I've tried this jojoba oil but sadly it broke me out like hell...
First i tought that my skin had to get used to it but it got worser and worser every day.

For all the ppl that also broke out by using jojoba oil, try olivella moisturizer. It's olive oil instead of jojoba oil all natural and my skin loves it. I clean with Gamila secret (also 100% organic). No break outs anymore but soft, healty and hydrated skin :)