November 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sadly I reacted badly from this pretty quickly, rashy/pimply on my cheeks. Nothing really to say other than that, I wish it was the miracle for me that is it for so many. In general I have no issues with oils or even mineral oil, so this was definitely a reaction of some sort and not just clogging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by caramel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 6/7/09:
I've stopped using this about a month or more ago b/c it just stopped working for me and was actually making my skin worse (hence it's down from 5 to 3 lippies). Oily in some parts with dry patches in others, increased milia - everything! I've moved on.

ORIGINAL:
I'm blessed with skin that's basically sensitive to everything! I break out when using any 'cone derivatives, glycerin, or oils. Jojoba oil is the only product that moisturizes my face and keeps the pimples away. It still clogs some of my pores and stirs up a bit of milia under my eyes, but seriously, this is the only thing my face tolerates. I love that I can control the level of moisture/thickness/oiliness by adding some water to a drop or two of Jojoba oil before smoothing it on my face. So I don't need a moisturizer for summer and another for winter, I can use this year round and control how heavy it is as desired/needed. I don't think this particular brand makes jojoba oil that's better than what any other brand makes, but it's the one I find all around town and that's why I buy it. The bottle may seem expensive at first (small bottle for about $10) but it lasts forever. Thanks MUAers for introducing me to this great product! ... P.S. It's also wonderful when used as an oil-based makeup remover!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by s0fieee

I use benzoyl beroxide and my face used to got verry very dry and flaky then i bought jojoba oil and it's soo smooth. i put 3 drops and mix it with my aloe vera moisturizer and my skin looks pefect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by mollybloom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Jojoba for quite awhile now. My best friend has suffered from cystic acne since she went through puberty (she's 52 now!). She's tried everything, and has been going to increasingly pricey dermatologists for years now. Jojoba was the first thing she has put on her face that actually seems to help the acne. She is gushing over this. For me? I use it on my face and hair all the time. I think it's amazing for mature skin. It seems to teach the skin to behave. I cut some info out about it, and you might see why it's got some of the great properties it seems to have. Cheers!

Jojoba oil adopts many of the properties of human sebum when used on the skin or hair of humans. Sebum is a fatty substance released by the sebaceous glands, found in most areas of the body except the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. This sebum waterproofs the skin, keeps it from getting dry and cracked, and inhibits the growth of unwanted bacterias and other micro-nasties on the skin.

In light of the similarities between sebum and jojoba oil, the most common use of jojoba oil is as a rich moisturizer for the skin. It quickly restores elasticity to skin and can be used neat as a topical application for this purpose.

Most common bacteria and skin fungi canít survive in an environment where they are exposed to jojoba oil. Thatís right, jojoba oil was found to kill the ever lurking staphylococcus (infects wounds and food) in just over an hour of being in its vicinity. A pretty impressive feat!

Dermatological tests on jojoba oil reveal that it increases the suppleness of skin by 45% when used, with this effect still noticeable eight hours after application. Topical application of jojoba oil morning and night to skin would therefore noticeably improve skin condition in the long term. Ageing beauties the world over rejoice! If used regularly on the skin, jojoba oil reduces superficial facial lines by up to 30%.

Jojoba oil also acts as an anti-inflammatory on the skin due to it containing myristic acid, so jojoba oil is a good choice for sufferers of psoriasis, eczema, dandruff and other itching, irritating skin conditions where the skin becomes inflamed. Jojoba does not aggravate conditions like acne, since it functions to break down sebum build ups in clogged pores.

89 out of 89 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love to add this to my moisturizers. It makes my skin feel smooth and healthy. I have not noticed any oil-reducing effects like others have reported though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by orangeinsanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just recently started using this product and I love it so much! It takes a little bit to dry but it definitely moisturizes and makes your skin nice and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Forget about the moisturizers with all the unpronounceable ingredients and use this stuff! It works wonderfully. I have been using this for 2 weeks now along with tea tree oil and Thayer's Rose Witchhazel, and my skin looks and feels better than it has in a long time. I add a little drop to a cotton round that has already been moistened with witchhazel, rub it around so that the oil mixes with the witchazel and then smooth it over my face (after I've washed my face- I use Suki's Moisturizing Cleanser). I also use a small drop of 100% tea tree oil on the cotton round. I highly recommend giving this a try. Just be sure to use a drop. A little bit goes a long way. Also if your skin isn't used to natural ingredients then you may have some trouble (usually a week or two is the average) with breakouts when you first begin to use Jojoba oil, but dont get discouraged. Keep using it and you'll see results! I wish I would've found this stuff sooner. I also like to use it as an eye makeup remover.

Update: I have stopped using this as a moisturizer. Instead I use it to remove my eye make-up and I also use it to wash my face at night. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by draisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

09/10/09 I wrote a review a little while ago (still bellow) and since then I've found this is a great cleanser-- takes off anything! Your face is clean and moist and soft. just dab your face dry with a clean wash cloth and you're clean and moisterized without any products. Nothing that'll dry out your skin. I love Jojoba oil!

my review from a couple years ago: I have been using this forever. in the morning I smear it all over my face and neck in the shower. Then I just let the water rinse off the excess for a second or two and then pat it dry with a clean dry wash cloth when i get out of the shower. Not too oily, just soft and moisturized. Great for acne and dry skin.

add a little emu oil around the eyes (which actually thickens the skin) at night. During the day just apply your sunscreen (see my HG of sunscreen review ) and makeup and you're good to go.

at night i leave more on (no rinsing) and let it really bathe my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by tfarns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No, no, no! This is horrible. I dont get it, everyone else loves this stuff. I will say it made my skin really soft. But who cares when your pores are clogged. So I stopped using this on my face and kept using it on my body, and now my chest is all broken out. This stuff sucks. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS MIRACLE BEFORE!!! Sorry for yelling but I absolutely love this stuff. I SUFFER...key word is SUFFER from acne! Adding Jojoba to my routine seemed to changed my skin overnight! I recently had an allergic reaction AND a major flare up at the same time. "Yay me!" Jojoba helped soothe my skin, clean out ALOT of junk from my pores, kept my skin soft and the real zinger is that my face appears to be LESS OILY!!!. Not only am I less oily, my face looks decongested and pores are looking way smaller. A little goes a long way people! This not something that you slather all over your face. I tilt the bottle and a dime sized amount comes out. I proceed to smooth it on my skin in one direction as opposed to rubbing it in. The little left over in my palm I smooth unto my decollage. I also smoothe over my tummy and any areas that have sacrs since it also helps with hyperpigmentation. I have Combo/Oily to Oily skin and it DOES NOT look greasy upon application or 30 mins later. I apply my Jojoba, do my eye makeup then apply my Sheishedo SPF55 sunscreen...take the dog for a walk...come back and apply my Laura Mercier TM. I can see this bottle lasting me a VERY long time and I will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No