September 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by tfarns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No, no, no! This is horrible. I dont get it, everyone else loves this stuff. I will say it made my skin really soft. But who cares when your pores are clogged. So I stopped using this on my face and kept using it on my body, and now my chest is all broken out. This stuff sucks. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS MIRACLE BEFORE!!! Sorry for yelling but I absolutely love this stuff. I SUFFER...key word is SUFFER from acne! Adding Jojoba to my routine seemed to changed my skin overnight! I recently had an allergic reaction AND a major flare up at the same time. "Yay me!" Jojoba helped soothe my skin, clean out ALOT of junk from my pores, kept my skin soft and the real zinger is that my face appears to be LESS OILY!!!. Not only am I less oily, my face looks decongested and pores are looking way smaller. A little goes a long way people! This not something that you slather all over your face. I tilt the bottle and a dime sized amount comes out. I proceed to smooth it on my skin in one direction as opposed to rubbing it in. The little left over in my palm I smooth unto my decollage. I also smoothe over my tummy and any areas that have sacrs since it also helps with hyperpigmentation. I have Combo/Oily to Oily skin and it DOES NOT look greasy upon application or 30 mins later. I apply my Jojoba, do my eye makeup then apply my Sheishedo SPF55 sunscreen...take the dog for a walk...come back and apply my Laura Mercier TM. I can see this bottle lasting me a VERY long time and I will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by midnightsphinx

I love this product! I use it on my face every night. I wake up and it feels so smooth and healthy. I got a compliment the other day that my skin was glowing!
At first I was weary about this, because it seems oily and I was afraid it would break out my acne prone skin. It doesn't! In fact my skin has cleared up after using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I'm on my 4th bottle of Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and I really think it has helped (or at least not hurt my skin). I use this as an eye and face makeup remover or as an oil for my modified oil cleansing method. To remove makeup, I simply rub the oil into my skin and remove with a tissue. Then I follow up with cetaphil to wash my face.

Lately, I have been using jojoba oil in conjunction with tea tree oil as a modified oil cleansing method. I've started this routine a few weeks ago to help wean myself off benzoyl peroxide. For this method, I massage the oil onto my eyes to remove eye makeup, then I add a drop or two of tea tree oil into the jojoba oil and massage into my face. Next, I place a hot towel over my face to steam. Then, I wash off the excess oils with Cetaphil. I got a small flare up on the second day, but they have cleared and my skin looks great even without BP.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by glassring

This jojoba oil has to be the best beauty product I've ever "discovered". At first I only used it on my hair ends. It was already very good as it prevented them from drying out, curbed frizz, etc etc.

Then my skin started becoming a tad problematic and sensitive, so I replaced my normal moisturisers and toner with jojoba oil. I was skeptical at first 'cos I thought, "How can oil be good for oily skin?" but was totally wowed by results the next morning. My skin was velvety, it wasn't itchy as it normally would be in certain spots, and surprise, surprise, it worked as a great makeup base!!!

However, the great stuff is thwarted by sucky packaging. The bottle leaks from the screwed-on top, and quite badly too. There's quite a bit of wastage cos of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by eveoneverything

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I apply jojoba oil to my lashes and lids with a q-tip to break down my eye makeup before i wash my face. It works sooo much better than any makeup remover I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sappphirelilys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love! moisturizes without fragrance, chemicals, etc. Best if you put it on still in the shower to lock in the moisture. Best natural moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by judibean

This is such a great multipurpose product! I use it to moisturize my face at night (giving myself a facial massage at the same time) and I also use it for when my scalp starts feeling dry as a way to keep the dandruff away.
For both uses, I apply the same method- mix two small drops with wet fingertips and apply. Obviously, I repeat this many times for the scalp since there's more surface area- I advise doing this at night or over the weekend since your roots will be slightly oily from this treatment. The bottle opening could be improved by being a pump instead, because a lot can come out at once if you're not too careful. I've set the opening so that it is ever slightly open. Much more control that way.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by smiile

Like all oils, it makes your skin feel oily. Im not a fan of oils, but this one does the charm of moisturizing your face without making it feel gross. I use it when my skin is really dry, but all in all its a product i dont need. As a person who is very acneprone and sensitive, this doesnt make me break out. If your a fan of oils, this is the best one ive tried.

edit:
okay, this made me break out.
like alot. i thought this oil can be different, but im never using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sandradi

I love this stuff! After hearing so much about it I finally picked some up at Trader Joe's. I am now on my 2nd bottle. I use it on my face as a moisturizer at night. It makes my skin very soft. I stopped using it for a while because I was getting lazy about moisturizing. I started using a product that has retin A in it and it was starting to leave my skin red and flaky. I began using the jojoba oil again and it worked like a charm. No more red flaky skin.
I add it to body lotion, hair conditioner and I added it to my Keihl's tinted moisurizer. It really makes my skin soft. I have a pretty oily nose and forehead and I noticed that it is not as oily when I use the jojoba oil as a moisutizer at night. I wash with the regualr/original Cetaphil in the morning.