October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love to add this to my moisturizers. It makes my skin feel smooth and healthy. I have not noticed any oil-reducing effects like others have reported though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by orangeinsanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just recently started using this product and I love it so much! It takes a little bit to dry but it definitely moisturizes and makes your skin nice and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Forget about the moisturizers with all the unpronounceable ingredients and use this stuff! It works wonderfully. I have been using this for 2 weeks now along with tea tree oil and Thayer's Rose Witchhazel, and my skin looks and feels better than it has in a long time. I add a little drop to a cotton round that has already been moistened with witchhazel, rub it around so that the oil mixes with the witchazel and then smooth it over my face (after I've washed my face- I use Suki's Moisturizing Cleanser). I also use a small drop of 100% tea tree oil on the cotton round. I highly recommend giving this a try. Just be sure to use a drop. A little bit goes a long way. Also if your skin isn't used to natural ingredients then you may have some trouble (usually a week or two is the average) with breakouts when you first begin to use Jojoba oil, but dont get discouraged. Keep using it and you'll see results! I wish I would've found this stuff sooner. I also like to use it as an eye makeup remover.

Update: I have stopped using this as a moisturizer. Instead I use it to remove my eye make-up and I also use it to wash my face at night. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by draisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

09/10/09 I wrote a review a little while ago (still bellow) and since then I've found this is a great cleanser-- takes off anything! Your face is clean and moist and soft. just dab your face dry with a clean wash cloth and you're clean and moisterized without any products. Nothing that'll dry out your skin. I love Jojoba oil!

my review from a couple years ago: I have been using this forever. in the morning I smear it all over my face and neck in the shower. Then I just let the water rinse off the excess for a second or two and then pat it dry with a clean dry wash cloth when i get out of the shower. Not too oily, just soft and moisturized. Great for acne and dry skin.

add a little emu oil around the eyes (which actually thickens the skin) at night. During the day just apply your sunscreen (see my HG of sunscreen review ) and makeup and you're good to go.

at night i leave more on (no rinsing) and let it really bathe my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by tfarns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No, no, no! This is horrible. I dont get it, everyone else loves this stuff. I will say it made my skin really soft. But who cares when your pores are clogged. So I stopped using this on my face and kept using it on my body, and now my chest is all broken out. This stuff sucks. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by fayeonaise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS MIRACLE BEFORE!!! Sorry for yelling but I absolutely love this stuff. I SUFFER...key word is SUFFER from acne! Adding Jojoba to my routine seemed to changed my skin overnight! I recently had an allergic reaction AND a major flare up at the same time. "Yay me!" Jojoba helped soothe my skin, clean out ALOT of junk from my pores, kept my skin soft and the real zinger is that my face appears to be LESS OILY!!!. Not only am I less oily, my face looks decongested and pores are looking way smaller. A little goes a long way people! This not something that you slather all over your face. I tilt the bottle and a dime sized amount comes out. I proceed to smooth it on my skin in one direction as opposed to rubbing it in. The little left over in my palm I smooth unto my decollage. I also smoothe over my tummy and any areas that have sacrs since it also helps with hyperpigmentation. I have Combo/Oily to Oily skin and it DOES NOT look greasy upon application or 30 mins later. I apply my Jojoba, do my eye makeup then apply my Sheishedo SPF55 sunscreen...take the dog for a walk...come back and apply my Laura Mercier TM. I can see this bottle lasting me a VERY long time and I will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by midnightsphinx

I love this product! I use it on my face every night. I wake up and it feels so smooth and healthy. I got a compliment the other day that my skin was glowing!
At first I was weary about this, because it seems oily and I was afraid it would break out my acne prone skin. It doesn't! In fact my skin has cleared up after using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I'm on my 4th bottle of Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and I really think it has helped (or at least not hurt my skin). I use this as an eye and face makeup remover or as an oil for my modified oil cleansing method. To remove makeup, I simply rub the oil into my skin and remove with a tissue. Then I follow up with cetaphil to wash my face.

Lately, I have been using jojoba oil in conjunction with tea tree oil as a modified oil cleansing method. I've started this routine a few weeks ago to help wean myself off benzoyl peroxide. For this method, I massage the oil onto my eyes to remove eye makeup, then I add a drop or two of tea tree oil into the jojoba oil and massage into my face. Next, I place a hot towel over my face to steam. Then, I wash off the excess oils with Cetaphil. I got a small flare up on the second day, but they have cleared and my skin looks great even without BP.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by glassring

This jojoba oil has to be the best beauty product I've ever "discovered". At first I only used it on my hair ends. It was already very good as it prevented them from drying out, curbed frizz, etc etc.

Then my skin started becoming a tad problematic and sensitive, so I replaced my normal moisturisers and toner with jojoba oil. I was skeptical at first 'cos I thought, "How can oil be good for oily skin?" but was totally wowed by results the next morning. My skin was velvety, it wasn't itchy as it normally would be in certain spots, and surprise, surprise, it worked as a great makeup base!!!

However, the great stuff is thwarted by sucky packaging. The bottle leaks from the screwed-on top, and quite badly too. There's quite a bit of wastage cos of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by eveoneverything

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I apply jojoba oil to my lashes and lids with a q-tip to break down my eye makeup before i wash my face. It works sooo much better than any makeup remover I've tried.