October 25, 2014 | 1630 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Kerry1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I bought this foundation I also got a sample so I could try it before opening the bottle. I'm very glad I did, because it doesn't work for me at all. I was hoping to find a match for my very pale, warm toned skin. I got the lightest shade, Siberia, and although it is very light it has a strong yellow tone which does not match my skin. The coverage is minimal and it was not able to hide red marks from acne scars, although I did find it pretty easy to blend. I have combination skin and I'm used to having to touch up with blotting papers and powder throughout the day, and this foundation was no exception. It did not hold out very well over the day and by the time I got home from work, the foundation had disappeared from my chin and around my nose. Overall I am disappointed and this will be going back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by nette92

I've never in my life had such a confused/love/hate relationship with a foundation. First off, Sheer Glow looks amazing. It is a satin finish, not too matte not too dewy. It makes your skin look like velvety and soft to the touch. The color match was as perfect as I've ever had. The colors are more geared to yellow-tones, fyi. Sadly, this did break me out. For the record I have sensitive skin with eczema and products are more likely to break me out than other people. Save your receipts girls because I didn't and this only started to break me out like 3 weeks later. So it will just sit in my makeup drawer. Another thing, i have normal skin and this made my skin feel a bit oily after a few hours. Which is odd because I don't really have much natural oil and a product never did that before. I didn't look overly greasy though. Lasting power is good but I would suggest setting with a powder. As you can tell, this product for me is all over the place. If you came on here to see whether you should buy it or not, my advice is to go in and get a sample, no matter what skin type you have because this product has worked for a lot of people, and has failed a lot of people. If this worked for you, bless you! It is truly beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie22

I really like this foundation, I like to rotate between mac studio fix fluid and this foundation. I wear Punjab in Nars and NC35 in MAC. Sheer Glow is amazing, it feels and looks like second skin. It is medium coverage but buildable. I am still on the look out for my HG only because I am looking for a full coverage foundation that looks like second skin. Until I find one, sheer glow is great and I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail foundation. It looks luminous, natural, and has made my skin softer since I've used it. This has hydrated my face better after washing it off than other moisturizing foundations. It has a natural skin look, opposed to a foundation look. By this, I mean MAC foundations for example, have a foundation look, which I love, but they don't look like the person's real skin. Sheer Glow looks like skin if applied lightly, not foundation.

They don't make any colors for just pink undertones, so I'm mixing santa fe with a drop of the dark new guinea and it looks like nw35. But if they ever discontinued one of these two, I couldn't wear it anymore.

For those who want a sheerer, lighter coverage, MUFE face and body is fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really don't like this foundation. The coverage is very light for a liquid foundation. The finish is not "glowy" like the name suggests. I find that it gets blotchy very fast and its staying power is pretty bad. The colour range is pretty good and ceylan is a good match for me. However, for $42, it is definitely overpriced. I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good light to medium coverage foundation. Looks so natural! My husband "noticed" my skin looked "prettier" in his words, and I would like to attribute it to the foundation(the compliment was given with makeup on, not without, lol). It looks like my skin but flawless! it is a bit expensive but u get what u pay for. I have combo/ sensitive skin and this works well with my skin( sometimes oily in the T zone, and dry and sensitive around the cheek, nose and mouth area)It is a great foundation. I dot it on my face and then blend with a flat foundation brush, this seems to be the best way to blend( for me). I tried the way the instructions say but hated it! Everyone is different, so just play around with it and find what works for you( some people find it doesn't blend well).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by thelondongirl

brilliant lovve suits my yellow light indian skin tone well!will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by chelleeebeee

I've been using this for a year and I have to say that you will not like this product if it's not your color. My winter shade is Fiji, so I only use it for occasions where my picture will be taken like awards ceremony and prom.

It's odorless, which is a good thing, but it does not come with a pump, very inconvenient since it's quiet runny. The foundation is a luxury and I will cry when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I use Punjab. I am NC35 in MAC and I have normal skin. I do not use a primer ever with this, and rarely a powder. This is pretty matte, regardless of the name. I love this, it looks like my natural skin but better. I apply with either my fingers, a duofiber brush (I use ELF Stippling Brush) and I have also used a dense flat top brush (ELF's). It has great color match for me, and I think Punjab is a pretty neutral shade (and would work for both NC and NW). It is the perfect amount of coverage for me and would be considered a medium amount of coverage. Will buy this again and again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by roobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall an amazing Liquid foundation which comes as close to a HG I have found so far!

PROS:
- Beautiful, light and dewy/luminous looking foundation with has a semi-matte finish.
-light to medium coverage which can be built up without looking cakey.
- your skin but better look! I was matched to Stromboli (ref MAC NC35) and this is the best colour match I have ever found in foundation.My Forehead and chin/jaw area are clearly olive yet my cheeks and t-zone are very yellow and this still blends in really well.
- Long lasting! unless you are out in hot and humid sum running this is very much long lasting and only needs a bit of powder on the t-zone once during the day.

CONS:
-Packaging: leaves much to desire, no pump or squeeze bottle, instead a glass bottle which can potentially break if not handled with care. NARS rubber packaging on the top easily gets dirty/ fingerprints, and is very hard to clean.
-Application- I have dry skin and this clings to the dry skin unless you are well moisturised ( preferabally used a scrub the night before), and using a primer; I use the NARS primer in white bottle and the application becomes flawless!
-Price: In Australian $$ I got this for $99 which is very expensive and double of what it retails for in the USA. i would not buy SG at this price point again. However my initial consultation included colour match and application tips which I think was worth the extra money.