January 29, 2015 | 1058 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I haven't worn Maybelline foundation for years. I used to love that thick, masky, artificial Great Wear stuff in my teens, for some reason. You know the one: you'd paint it on, it'd create a supernaturally flawless blank canvas, and would stay put until you SCRUBBED at the end of the day. Well, I'm still a fan of longlasting, medium-full coverage products, but wanted something slightly fresher/lighter for the summer. I recently remembered that I used to get quite a good colour match with Maybelline and, having started to fall out of love with my weirdly toned (ie peach) Guerlain foundation, thought I'd try this one. In the UK it's called Dream Satin Liquid, but it's packaged the same, in a glass bottle with a pump. I bought the light porcelain shade, which was a really good match for my coolish-neutral pale skin. I loved the moussey texture that really did blend like a dream. Upon initial application it covered quite well - I'd say medium coverage - and I didn't need any concealer. I liked the finish...at first (when I say 'at first' I'm talking about the first half hour or so): it really did have a sheeny satin effect - not quite as luminous as my Guerlain parure extreme, but pretty close, and the Maybelline shade was a lot more natural on me. Very quickly, though, the coverage somehow adjusted, becoming light - more like a tinted moisturiser. My skin looked bare but greasy - traumatic for someone who adores medium-full coverage and who is a fan of foundations such as Estee Lauder DW and Revlon Colorstay. It also looked very ageing, exaggerating the creases beneath my eyes. I didn't even know I HAD creases beneath my eyes!! What's even worse is that by the end of the day I noticed that my normally smooth hassle-free forehead had gone really bumpy.
Try it maybe if you have dry skin, but normal-combo-oily girls should give this one a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by TiigerLiily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought that this was a good foundation. It dispensed well, blended easily and the colour and coverage seemed excellent on application. However, it soon began to feel heavy and cakey, the colour darkened and it blotched (the shine accentuated this, I had bright patches and dull patches all over my face). I don't think that it was a bad foundation, infact better than most but I have found far more reliable foundations elsewhere at similar prices.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst foundations I've ever used. The color comes out all wrong. It doesn't even blend into the skin. It just sits on top. But it DOES go into and settle on my pores. Making them ten times more noticeable. And the pump broke within three days of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by ellievl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this foundation! it is amazing, it covers well on one application, but it is definitely buildable if you need more coverage. it did not break me out at all and is easy to remove at night but also stays all day without a setting powder!
love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a dream come true. Like the person before me said, I have an unusual skin color between fair and medium, and natural ivory makes it just glow. I see no residue, and it keeps my skin soft and healthy. It spreads and blends easy and fast with fingers, no effort needed- plus the pump is perfect and definitely saves the waste I've had with my past foundations. I plan to buy these in the other shades to use on clients-
:]
Just, wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by cassie1896

my skin tone is very hard to find, it is in between light and medium, and i found my perfect tone with this foundation. it also comes with A LOT of product, im set for a while :] it makes my skin look airbrushed literally, the only thing i dont like about it is that it makes my skin kind of shiny:\ other than that i would totally buy this again!!:]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im kindof mixed on this product. first of all, i love the texture. the "mousse" is great! but ive tried several colors and they all seem too orange on me, none looked very natural, not sure if id buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by AshlynIsCool

I have normal skin, and this foundation works for me. I was really impressed. I don't have any acne or scaring, but when I do have the occasional it covers it up really well. It also evens out my skin-tone more so than any other foundation I have tried. I find that it sets best with Mary-Kay Bare Mineral Powder. But I love the feel of my skin when it's on. I kind of wish it stayed on longer, I have to reapply about half-way through my school day. But other than that I have no complaints. It's less expensive than other brands too, and works way better. And it doesn't make my face look cakey, or orange or anything. It looks really natural and flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by hellocommando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed to see all the negative reviews about this product because I thought it would be a great drugstore foundation to try out. I decided to buy it anyways and noticed that the color selection is really not as bad as the reviews have said. I am NC37 and I found that Sandy Beige matches me very well. It's not PERFECT but i think it matches me much better than the Revlon foundations because they have 2 separate categories of shades like MAC does. NC and NW. The tops of the bottles have yellow-ish colored tops and pink-ish colored tops.

If you have oily skin you're gonna hate this foundation. It gives you a dewy finish that makes you look glowy. But this kind of finish usually gets a little milky as the day goes on and starts to slip off your face if you have oily skin. I have combination skin. Dry on cheeks but oily in the T-zone. I love this foundation because it doesnt accentuate the texture of my acne scars. I have huge pores on my cheeks and a bumpy texture. A lot of drugstore foundations make it stand out even more but this foundation hides it so well, while giving a glowy finish. I just set this foundation with MAC MSF Natural and I LOVE IT!! It doesn't have too heavy of coverage so it looks dewy.

No weird smell like Revlon foundations either.
People with dry skin or bumpy textured skin GOTTA try this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by MhmKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I originally tried the mouse in the small round container that my friend gave me but it was the wrong shade for me and felt like it was to hard to blend. I like that it felt very silky and smooth though so I bought the liquid kind. I have a red, splotchy cheeks and this foundation provided good coverage and was easy to blend. My skin is more on the dry side and this foundation seemed to give me dry patches white also making my face too oily in some places. It never made me break out and it left my skin soft.