Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 6/2/2010 10:04:00 AM

I was not a fan of this when I first tried it. But decided to try it again. I have used it about 10 times and have to say I like it. I like the coverage I get from it. I don't like that totally masked look but at the same time I don't want to put on lots of concealer after foundation. I can use this and some powder if I really wanted to its nice. I like the application better with my fingers than a sponge. Its lasting power is so-so. I find that after a few hours it starts to get a little patchy- granted I am wearing it in 85degree F humid weather. It does stay matte though. I never really have to powder or blot. Aside from the finish being a nice matte, my skin felt smooth. Some foundations make your skin feel tacky or just weird, not this one. It doesn't really make my pores look smaller like the advertisements claim. I can feel it on my skin but it doesn't feel heavy or thick. It doesn't clog my pores. I have never had a pimple from this product. It takes some time to set which is annoying if you're on the go. I feel like I have to wait before I can apply powder/blush/bronzer etc. If have dry skin in the slightest you should steer clear of this product. I wore it once when I was my skin was flaking from acne products and it looked sooo awful.
I really love mixing this with my stila tinted moisturizer Thats probably what I will use the rest of the bottle for. The packaging is excellent.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Im actually very impressed with this foundation.
I've tried maybelline superstay before and just didnt like it, and since then i havent tried a maybelline product in about 4years. I dont really know what made me try this product it was a mix of reviews on mua and just seeing what was available at my local priceline.

I have medium 1 (sandy beige) which is a PERFECT match for my skin!! I was wondering if anyone knows the match for this in Estee Lauder double wear? and Nars Sheer glow?
Medium 1 does have yellow undertones to it, if you have more pink undertones go for Medium 2.

Coverage wise, i use concealer first then this foundation, i also use concealer on top ONLY because i am very fussy and have bad acne scars, but most people wouldnt bother as there is literally no point, i just apply more because i want to for my own confidence, not because of the product.

It is a dewy finish, which has taken a while for me to adjust to as i usually only opt for matte finish, but im starting to like dewy finishes as they are the most natural looking and dont look cakey.

It doesnt last all day...what foundation does?? but for the 5hours or so it lasts i like it.

I particularly love the pump!!!! the pump really makes me use less of the product and save money in the long run!! thumbs up maybelline!!!

on 5/31/2010 11:09:00 AM

This was my main foundation for quite a while. I have dry skin, so I had no problems with it really melting off, but I agree that the staying power isn't too great. Covered pretty well for me (I have acne scars, but not so many blemishes) and the color match was very good.

on 5/27/2010 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Alright so I first tried this product because my cousin had it and she offered a pump, when I tried it at first i was impressed of how pretty my skin looked, Immediately I went to walmart and bought it for $8 USD i think, I wore it for a full day and after like 4 hours it started melting of my face!! I didn't understand I mean I was wearing one of the best primers MUFE HD, it was upseting, then I starting searching for reviews and I wasnt the only one struggling with this foundaiton melting off, even to this day i try it every now and then and by the end of four hours i have no coverage what so ever, at least it dosent break me out.,.Thats mainly the problem I have with this foundation, oh and that it dosent have SPF in it,. i think it was a true waste of money. Will not be purchasing again

on 5/25/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have originally tried the Dream Mousse version (in the pot) and while I loved the look and coverage that it provided, I did not like having to dip into the jar, which made the application messy, and the biggest downfall that was the easy transferability of the foundation to clothes and general lack of any staying power whatsoever. It also made dry patches very visible. I decided to try this liquid version since I needed a light summer foundation and it was on sale for $6.99CAD (normally about $14). I got it in the lightest shade and I was so delightfully surprised by how great this foundation looked and felt. I have very dry skin and no acne at all, so I’m always looking for moisturizing foundations. In the wintertime I use Covergirl’s Advanced Radiance – I love the Olay moisturizing ingredients in it (although it is aimed towards women who are 50+, and I am only 26, but I figure it’s never too early to moisturize your skin in any way you can). However, for summer I wanted something lighter, yet not overdrying. I absolutely love this foundation, it is light, yet hydrating, great lasting power and looks very natural on the skin. I have noticed that most of the negative reviews here saying that the foundation comes off easily come from people with oily or acne-prone skin, which I think is a bit unfair since probably most other similar foundations (liquid, moisturizing, not claiming to be particularly long-lasting) will come off just as easily due to the oil in the skin. I might be wrong, though. In any case, for my dry skin, this foundation was perfect. I will definitely repurchase. Another great alternative to this one is Almay Pure Blends foundation, which is even lighter than this one, and it might be better for acne-prone skin, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

wears off in less time it takes to put on

nough said

on 5/19/2010 6:01:00 PM

I got this foundation because my aunt got it and it looks real nice she is 25yrs old. So I desides to try it out (med.1 sandy beige) and I love it this was my 2nd foundation. Im 22 and I've only used mostly powder foundations so i was happy to try this one out. It did'nt sink into my pores and my face did'nt get oily. My face looked and felt so clean. Unlike the first one i tried. (Maybelline 24hr)

on 5/18/2010 4:47:00 PM

Right now, this is my #1 liquid foundation. I have this in Natural Ivory. I think it may be one shade too light for me, but I'm not completely sure. I may have to try the one shade up the next time I have to go buy a new foundation. May end up waiting for a BOGOF to get my current shade and then the higher up just in case. I love that it has a pump. I like how it feels on my skin. It looks like a tinted moisturizer to me which is pretty nice. The price isn't bad either. I got it for a little less than 8 dollars at Walmart. I would definitely buy this again.

on 5/18/2010 10:37:00 AM

This is a nice foundation. It's somewhat thick, but lightweight at the same time. The formula is also very moisturizing- coverage is medium and buildable, blends very easily and seamlessly, doesn't break me out, and looks great upon application. I always get compliments on how great my skin looks when I wear this. However, I would not reccomend on oily/combo skin, as it fades by early afternoon for me. I always need to blot my skin with oil sheets & reapply by around 2pm. The packaging is ideal- for me, a pump dispenser on foundation is a must. Overall, good product, but I'll prob move on to trying something that works better on oily skin next time. Highly recommended for dry to normal skin types!

on 5/18/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this product is BEAUTIFUL its all about the application. i used mac187 brush, estee lauders foundation brush, mac109 brush and even a sponge and i felt like it applied too much foundation. it took so much product and the end result was scary you could just see it sitting on my face and in my creases. so then i took 2 pumps to my finger tips with 1 pump of boots face balm rubbed it together applied it to my moisturized face and it looked beautiful i applied it like moisturizer and it gave me that beautiful airbrush finish with GREAT coverage. i have dry skin and this product gives me the glow i love. i would NOT recommend this for oily skin.