Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

I've been buying this for about a year now, and I usually have at least two floating around my book bag. It's strong enough to keep my lips from chapping, but it doesn't feel heavy at all. I can't stand when treatments feel more like medicine than make-up, but this goes on really smooth. It has the same cute packaging that all Burt's Bees stuff has.

on 1/29/2008 12:40:00 PM

I love this product! It`s moisturizing and the texture is not at all waxy - it just melts. An added plus is that it gives a hint of colour to my lips. Although some others complain about the smell, I actually really like it! When I go to the drugstore for a lipbalm, this is the only kind I will buy.

on 1/23/2008 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

smells so so so bad and not at all like a pomegranate.
i bought it because they were out of the honey burt's lip balm i always use and i hate the original. i can't stand the smell so i can't stand to leave it on my lips long enough to let it do it's thing. i can comment that the texture is really not the same as either of the other burts lip balms. it's much thinner. (compared to the waxy original and the creamy honey ones).

on 1/23/2008 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It doesn't really smell like pomegranates, however, I do like the smell. The best thing about this balm is the texture. It goes on smooth. It also seems to add a little color to my lips, which is nice. I haven't found this to be 'replenishing'. I will probably buy this again.

on 1/23/2008 1:34:00 AM

Unfortunately It Stops Working After Awhile,
Leaves Colour On Lips Too.

on 1/20/2008 8:16:00 PM

I was walking through the local CVS one evening and realized I "needed" a new lipbalm, and waltzed over to Burt's Bees. I do not like their original formula because of the mint smell, so I chose the Pomegranate Oil formula. I am so glad I did. It moisturizes very well and makes my lips appear plumper. The packaging is convenient and cute with the cheery, red cap. I love the smell, though at times it can be a bit strong. It's not terrible, but smells a bit like a cocktail. I will definitely be repurchasing, I love it that much.

on 1/19/2008 11:56:00 PM

I bought this stuff today when I got to work because I left my trusty lip balm at home. This was the only cruelty free lip balm they had, so I didn't have much of a choice. I read the ingredients and didn't see any menthol, so I thought it might be okay. Boy, was I wrong!!! The smell is horrible. It smells like cherry menthol cough drops... which makes me ill. The consistancy is okay, not too waxy. I just can't get over them smell.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't bad, but it's not very moisturizing for me. I do love the scent, though.

on 1/13/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Strange scent. Not fruity as I expected. Instead it's very herbal and spicy--not baked goods spicy, but rosemary/sage spicy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this product a lot; it was a great lip balm BUT when I started to use it, I noticed lots of tiny little bumps around the edges of my lips. When I stopped using it, the bumps started to go away. So I guess I had some kind of allergic reaction to it :( As far as other things go, the smell is really a perfume-y kind of smell in my opinion. When it gets in your mouth, the taste is really nasty, though. I won't be buying it again for myself, but I would definetly recommend for YOU to get it!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products