September 20, 2014 | 1377 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

What a disappointment.

I bought this because of all the rave reviews I read here.

First, the smell - a really overpowering, fake honey smell.

Then, it does not moisturize my lips, they actually seem drier after using this!

I was hoping for a pomegranate smell and glossy moisturizing.

Oh well, back to Juicy Tubes for gloss and moisture, and for heavy-duty moisturizing during the night, Bepanthen salve.

I so wanted to like this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sunkisstbellY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It is my favorite lip balm besides original cherry chapstick. Very very moisturizing with a nice scent and good ingredients. I've tried the original lip balm and the lip gloss by burts bees and didnt like either..but this one is so good! It leaves a little pink tint on lips with a slightly glossy finish and really does its job. My boyfriend commented on the scent right when I opened the cap! I will always use this =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't say it's the most amazing lip balm I've ever used, but I do like it, it's very smooth. I wouldn't say it has the most amazing moisturizing properties in the world, but it is moisturizing. There are probably other lip balms I'd suggest before this, but all in all I'd say go ahead and give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by afaceofsmile

My sister gave me this as part of my Christmas present. I don't like the original Burt's Bees because it isn't very moisturizing and it makes an unpleasant waxy film on my lips. My sister feels the same way about it so when she told me this one was better, I believed her. I've been using it for a couple of days and while I wouldn't call it an HG, it has some good things going for it. Firstly, it's smoother and more moisterizing than the original. It's not so waxy and actually doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. Secondly, I like the hint of natural color.

I'll keep using this until it runs out, but I doubt I'll repurchase because it's not as moisturizing as other lip balms I've used and my lips tend to need extra moisture to keep from getting chapped, especially in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amarise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like how it doesn't feel waxy like the original Burt's Bees, and that it leaves a nice light sheen. The smell, however, is a little too cloying for me. I would've been willing to put up with it if it had amazing moisturizing properties, but it's merely passable in that department. Back to Honey Trap for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I actually like the smell of this lip balm, I cannot recommend it. It is simply not thick and moisturizing enough for me, I have to apply it every 10-15 minutes because it doesn't last. It is smooth and slick on the lips, but as I said, it has no staying power. Unfortunately, I bought a 3-pack of this when it was on special at Target, so I am trying to use it up. Will not be buying this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Flowerstar

While I don't mind the smell or the taste of this lip balm, I find that once it wears off, my lips are even more chapped than before I applied it. I definitely won't repurchase as plain ChapStick does a better job than this, and it's less expensive too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ChameliAsh

I love the smell, just not when I'm about to eat or drink something-- then its overpowering. This is a decent lip balm, but I find Burt's Bees lip balms too waxy-- they don't absorb into my lips and soften them, they just sit on top for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff -- very moisturizing, slightly glossy, very smooth (no drag), non-sticky, one application lasts forever, and a nice smell in addition. I get full-on facial hives as soon as anything peppermint touches my lips, so I was happy that BB started offering balms that weren't the original peppermint -- for, while I like their gloss, it's not nearly so soothing and beneficial as a thicker balm. I'll always keep some on hand, in my lip balm rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by intricateangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this lip balm! its so hydrating for my super dry, chapped lips! i put it on every night before i go to bed and my lips are always super soft when i wake up. love how smooth it glides on, unlike the honey lip balm. i dont taste anything and the scent is so light i hardly even notice it.