November 28, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Possibly my new HG lip balm! With just a hint of color, this provides lasting moisture and protection. It also contains pomegrante oil, a popular and effective antioxidant. Like all Burt's products, it's not tested on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm and it is one of the better one's I have used in a while and for the price I think its a great product. It adds a slight color to your lips and after applied last a considerable amount of time. I did not experience any type of break-outs or any other issues and personally prefer the Burt Bee's w/pomegranate over other BBs lip balms. It also moisturizes very well and my once extremely dry lips are now in much better shape.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used the standard Burt's Bees lipbalm stick for years, but I figured something gentler (read: less invigorating) and w/ pomegranate (read: antioxidant powerhouse) was a great idea.

However, I broke out in zits all around my mouth. I thought it was a coincidence, but I discontinued use until they cleared up. When I tried it again, the zits returned. I do have rosacea, but I've always been able to use the regular Burt's Bees (w/ peppermint oil) on my lips so I didn't expect to have any problems since my lips have appeared to be my rosacea-free zone. Well, so much for that... continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by happy2beme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell is divine, but it actually made my lips drier and chapped. It also crumbles on the sides and small chunks of the lip balm falls off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

What a disappointment.

I bought this because of all the rave reviews I read here.

First, the smell - a really overpowering, fake honey smell.

Then, it does not moisturize my lips, they actually seem drier after using this!

I was hoping for a pomegranate smell and glossy moisturizing.

Oh well, back to Juicy Tubes for gloss and moisture, and for heavy-duty moisturizing during the night, Bepanthen salve.

I so wanted to like this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sunkisstbellY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It is my favorite lip balm besides original cherry chapstick. Very very moisturizing with a nice scent and good ingredients. I've tried the original lip balm and the lip gloss by burts bees and didnt like either..but this one is so good! It leaves a little pink tint on lips with a slightly glossy finish and really does its job. My boyfriend commented on the scent right when I opened the cap! I will always use this =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't say it's the most amazing lip balm I've ever used, but I do like it, it's very smooth. I wouldn't say it has the most amazing moisturizing properties in the world, but it is moisturizing. There are probably other lip balms I'd suggest before this, but all in all I'd say go ahead and give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by afaceofsmile

My sister gave me this as part of my Christmas present. I don't like the original Burt's Bees because it isn't very moisturizing and it makes an unpleasant waxy film on my lips. My sister feels the same way about it so when she told me this one was better, I believed her. I've been using it for a couple of days and while I wouldn't call it an HG, it has some good things going for it. Firstly, it's smoother and more moisterizing than the original. It's not so waxy and actually doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. Secondly, I like the hint of natural color.

I'll keep using this until it runs out, but I doubt I'll repurchase because it's not as moisturizing as other lip balms I've used and my lips tend to need extra moisture to keep from getting chapped, especially in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by amarise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like how it doesn't feel waxy like the original Burt's Bees, and that it leaves a nice light sheen. The smell, however, is a little too cloying for me. I would've been willing to put up with it if it had amazing moisturizing properties, but it's merely passable in that department. Back to Honey Trap for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I actually like the smell of this lip balm, I cannot recommend it. It is simply not thick and moisturizing enough for me, I have to apply it every 10-15 minutes because it doesn't last. It is smooth and slick on the lips, but as I said, it has no staying power. Unfortunately, I bought a 3-pack of this when it was on special at Target, so I am trying to use it up. Will not be buying this one again.