Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I love this rich moisturizing cream!! I don't love the tin it comes in though, comes apart too easily - not good for keeping in your purse. Other than that - it is another great Nivia product!

on 7/3/2009 4:04:00 PM

For 99c and good reviews, I had to try this.

The cream itself is super thick and applying it to the face requires a bit of time. It doesn't absorb as fast since it's so thick but it does leave the skin super soft. When I say soft, I mean SOFT. Great thing is, it also works great for the body. Talk about multi-tasking. It's very impressive. My knees and elbows are now so soft and moisturized.

Only a small amount is enough for the face so I think this will last me a long long time. My only concern is the packaging. I have this in the tin and the cap is not as secure as I'd want it to be especially after thinking of bringing this while I travel (how convenient to have a body and face lotion that's cheap and effective).

I am in love with this product.

on 7/1/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Very moisturizing, very THICK, very amazing! Trust me even if an aligator used this it would have smooth skin.

The only problem is that its kind of greasy if you ask me so use it sparingly

on 7/1/2009 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have very dry, sensitive skin. I was looking for a moisturizer to make my skin soft and hydrated without spending to much money. So I used the moisturizers in the drugstores only. I became very disappointed with most, they were to watery and some made my skin drier! Then I came across Nivea Creme. This is the best moisturizer ever!!!! I use the creme during winter or whenever my skin is super dry, because during summer my skin becomes more normal and then I use the Nivea Soft, which leaves your skin so so soft.
My only con about this is that if you use too much your skin will be a grease ball and will not soak in the skin that great, so use only a little bit and you are set. I will continue to buy this, but I don't think I would be running out anytime soon since it lasts forever.

on 7/1/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the smaller tin for $2.50 at my local beauty supply shop, after not being able to find it at any of my local drugstores. I have the tin that's made in Thailand. I bought this because I was looking for a very basic eye cream, as I have noticed that my eye area was tight and dry after cleansing and toning in the night. I used this last night for the first time and I was impressed. I dabbed a tiny amount on my eye area and gently massaged in. It didn't feel "greasy" at all. My skin just absorbed it. I was afraid of eye irritation so I was expecting at least a stinging feeling but there was none. I woke up this morning with eyes that felt so much less tired and the "grainy" feeling I usually get that causes me to rub my eyes, was gone. I can see this being my go-to moisturizer in the winter. As of right now, I have fallen in love with this product, and will continue to use as an eye cream. I will update if anything changes.

**EDIT** I've been using this every night and I'm in love! A little goes such a long way with this stuff!

on 6/30/2009 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Since i live in Germany i dont really have a problem getting it. Its just weird that i never actualy did.
I always trusted in price, so yeah i went to Clinique and bought all there was in times i used to live in Hong Kong and my skin broke out.Didnt solve anything.
Now i only trust in Nivea. It is proven that its creams have the best ingridients base for skin possible. After reading that natural ingrediences cause more pain than happyness because of allergic reaction, i also turned my back on Origins, which i still like.
Now i was just checking out the "fabulous" La mer cream and found out that it uses the same base as Nivea... What a difference in price =D
Is there anything more to add??

on 6/25/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love love lovee this ! :D feels soooo good on the skin !

on 6/23/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've very dry skin and have started using this at night as it's a little too rich to put mu on top so I use Nivea Soft in the day. This Nivea Creme feels very lubricating and rich, my 'tight' dry/sensitive skin feels very comfortable with this on, I've had no reactions to the lanolin either. I damp my skin first then massage this in and my thirsty skin laps it up. Even with my former high end and ludicrously expensive creams, my skin often felt dry but not with Nivea creme. I can also now afford to apply this everywhere that needs it décolleté, the lot. I love it and my skin seems to too. Should I notice any problems from this cream or any downsides I'll report back, but so far, it's all good and I recommend anyone to try it, throw away your preconceptions of inexpensive creams and think of why this moisturiser has been in production for 98 years, it works. I will buy this as long as they make it.

on 6/10/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i really hate putting creme on my face and this is the only one i can stand. i use this as a night creme on colder or when my skin gets dry and it works pretty well. i wouldn't use it on summer days since it's very thick.

on 6/5/2009 6:16:00 AM

I really like this, especially as I am pretty fair skinned and sensitive skinned as a result. If I get sunburnt, this is the only thing that is gentle enough to cool it down and moisturise it without stinging and if you exfoliate before putting this on as a night cream, you have really nice smooth soft skin in the morning.
Personally, it's a little thick for me to use all over my body but that's largely because i'm lazy. Otherwise it's really nice to use, smells quite comforting in a way, kind of like baby lotion.