July 28, 2014 | 970 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Lovex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I saw that you guys love this product, I was like:huh?!
cause EVERYBODY has this in Germany. Actually I don't really like the original version of the Niveacream. Its kind of like a little too tacky for me. I have dry skin and it's still too tacky for me. For elbows and feet it's okay, it just takes a little too much time to set in. After it's set in, it feels very nice. The skin is very soft and stuff, but this cream is nothing special to me.
All in all, it's though a pretty nice product. It's very cheap so it's definitley worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an effective heavy moisturizer for those with dry patches on their face or body. As an eczema sufferer I have tried everything under the sun, and this is no exception. I have the German kind, and tried it on my face when I broke out in eczema and dry patches. It didn't irritate them too much or sting, but I'd imagine on raw skin I would like something with less fragrance and more gentle. It sinks in nicely and leaves my skin feeling moisturized for a long time rather than just a few minutes like other moisturizers. That being said, if your skin is the slightest bit oily I don't recommend this. It is not easy to spread and is quite thick, good for night time use or on the body , unless your skin is exceptionally dry. Love the scent, love the price, and it reminds me of my childhood and yes, my grandmother still uses this also. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

I like this creme for several reasons, the most obvious being that it is very inexpensive. Second, it provides great moisturization and absorbs nicely into skin. I really like how it goes on thick but it never feels hideously greasy to me when my skin is dry. It is good for sunburns, chapped lips, and dry hands. And yes, I do use this on my face every now and then, but never more than that because it has caused breakouts for me before. But just one night with a bit of this on and my skin will be hydrated by morning, and honestly, I find a breakout easier to handle than dry and flaky skin. I know it has something to do with the two different formulas from Germany and Mexico, because it never broke me out when the German version was avaliable in the United States. I know several Europeans who use this as a face cream to help get through the cold winters there and they are the reason I ever thought to put this on my face. I would suggest buying a few tins should you ever come across the German version. It is different. I do not believe it is because the ingridients are different, because they are listed the same on both tins, its just that one is in German and the other English. I believe its the quality of certain ingridients. ****Also, I think that there may be a misconception that this is marketed as a face moisturizer in the United States. I know many people who use this on their faces, but it is not advertised for faces. I have never seen it stocked next to facial care products, it has always been in the lotion section.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Uh, this is not a face cream, people.

Works absolutely fantastic for the BODY. The BODY.

The best there is. And while I've never tried the German-made product, if it's actually better than the Mexican-made product well I can' t wait.

But I'm sure I'll fail to see a difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Aerislanne

Count me in as another huge rave for Nivea Creme. I am blessed to have pretty good skin, but I do have a tendency to get very, very dry in the winter. My facial skin will get tight and flaky, while my body will get itchy. It's a miserable experience - but Nivea Creme solves all that! Nothing else has helped my flaky winter skin, including straight up jojoba oil and a host of other moisturizers. I love Nivea Creme for its versatility - I can use it on my face, on my body, hands and feet... I have both a small tin and a huge 400mL tub. I've been using it all this winter, and I'm almost halfway done with the tin; from now on I will probably keep the tin in my purse for emergencies. I absolutely can NOT be without this!

I don't know what it does for makeup, exactly - I only wear concealer under the eye, but it doesn't affect the wear for me at all. In fact, it helps me apply my dryish under eye concealer without any pulling or tugging on the skin, and blend effectively. I apply this by taking a dollop with a finger, and then smoothing it into the palm of my other hand, rubbing it slightly until it liquefies a bit before applying. It doesn't just sit on my skin - it sinks in and I get a dewy but not greasy finish - if there is any excess shine, I can always blot later (but remain hydrated!)

As for the great Mexican vs. German debate - I have the Mexican version, and it hasn't done anything bad for my skin. I haven't tried the German version, mostly for lack of opportunity. If I ever get a chance, I would love to give both of them a go, but in the meantime, this is excellent and fits my needs just fine.

Of course, if you slather yourself in a thick layer of this, you will find it to be rather heavy and greasy. However, for me, this is perfect any time, day OR night. In the summer I may switch to a lighter creme, but I will always have this around.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i was in spain this summer with a friend, who took me to el corte ingles to browse. actually, we were there so i could take ridiculous pictures with the posters of antonio banderas advertising his new cologne. i ended up taking one with the poster of enrique iglesias advocating literacy by holding a hemingway novel and looking serious, too. good lord, this trip was fun! but i digress.

i wandered around, looking at the various high end and low end skincare and cosmetics (btw, i LOVE this, that one place will stock both. it was kind of like ulta but with better customer service and selection. and clothes), and i realized what i had to buy -- nivea creme, made in germany. id gotten a sample before and used every tiny little drop of it i could and then tried the one made in mexico. the experience was akin to trying to watch the new 90210 on the CW when youre used to the old school version with kelly saying "i choose me" and steve sanders looking like hes 30 when hes supposed to be a high school senior and donna martin graduating. in a word, disappointing. but i digress again.

so i stocked up on two 400 ml tins, the blue retro ones with white writing. other reviewers have noted the differences in ingredients, so i will just say that this version is some of the thickest and richest moisturizers i have ever used. i need to warm it up between my hands for a bit before applying, as the consistency is a bit difficult to work with -- if you dont warm it up, its hard to spread around. i use it as a body moisturizer before going to bed and it keeps my skin so smooth and well-moisturized. however, because it is so rich, i dont use it during the day.

after nearly daily use, ive barely finished half of my first tin (and ive been back since mid august of 2008); obviously a small amount goes a long way. overall, this is a wonderfully soothing moisturizer that i wish was easier (and cheaper) to get here in the states... although ill take whatever excuse i can take to get myself back to europe! continued >>

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by weeks919

I love this creme! I try to always keep one on hand for any sort of dry patches I get. Its very thick and greasy at first, but when your skin is very dry it absorbs nicely. I have used it on my face in extreme moderation, and only when my skin was peeling. It worked quite nicely under makeup. However, it does contain mineral oil, which could be leading to some peoples breakouts. It also has a microcrystalline wax, which doesn't sounds very skin friendly at all. And there really is a difference between the Mexican product and the German product. Unfourtunatley it is hard to find the German on in the US. I believe it is the quality and quanitity of certain ingrediants that is making the difference, because the ingridients are the same, the difference is that one is listed in English while the other is in German.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seriously love nivea creme. my hands tend to get extremely dry and scaly during the winter months, so I needed something rich enough to soothe it. It immediately soothes the redness, and its so cheap. The scent is not strong and it does not smell artificial, but rather soft and subtle that I like. I recommend it to anyone, even for sensitive skin (like mine)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets

Weird or not, I started using this on my face when I got pregnant and my skin got SO dry. I'm an oily type but I had these ashy patches on my cheeks that wouldn't go away. This seemed suitably heavy and spackle-like, and lo and behold, it did an awesome job of keeping my face moisturized and smooth. 7 months post-partum I'm still using it as a night cream. It might be too much come summer and I once made the mistake of putting it on in the morning under my makeup (grease slick by noon!) but for nighttime, it does a good job. And it's cheap enough to slather all over your neck, chest, elbows, feet...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

I have oily skin, which sometimes goes dryer. i don't use it on the whole face/body, only on areas which need extra attention: under eyes, lips, knees, cuticles, hands, irritated skin an so on. To me it smells nice, soothes skin, makes it very soft, it never made my skin worse, it always is very calming. Just use it in very spare amounts and rub it well. To me it smell okay.