April 20, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Winter weather and aging has changed my skin dramatically, but I've always been oily/combo, and very prone to clogs. I'm still clogprone, but not somuch oily anymore. Anyway, when my skin is parched, this is my HG product. EVEN on my face! When I apply to my face, I just pat it on, not rubbing it in, and within minutes this cream is absorbed and making my skin feel so hydrated. In fact, I think I like it on my face more than my body. It is greasy, on first application, and heavy and thick, all the things I usually avoid, but it is so moisturizing and healing. Amazingly, I don't break out from it.

The price is right, the small tub in compact, I don't believe this thick creme could be packaged any other way, and available in any drugstore, at least US.

For severely parched winter skin, this seems to be a definite staple in my bath cabinet!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I live in Canada so I can buy this in a small squeeze tube which is way better than dipping your fingers into a tin. I use it on my face during our harsh winters before bed. It goes on thick and lasts until morning. I love the smell. Reminds me of baby lotion or baby powder. It's very greasy but it doesn't bother me, because I find that it moisturizes very well. Doesn't give me zits. It's cheap, and a basic staple. No complaints from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In my opinion Nivea cream is definitely one of the most fabulous creams on the market. Its moisturizing qualities are superb, the fragrance is soft and pleasant and most importantly, this cream has always pampered and never ever irritated my sensitive skin. To top it all, Nivea is really inexpensive! Nivea cream is also very versatile, I have used it as a face cream, body cream, hand cream and mask. Nivea cream comes in the famous blue round tin in various sizes. In Germany I also purchased it in a 3.5 oz plastic tube which is great for travel. But no matter what packaging, if you can only get your hands on the big tin I recommend to transfer some cream into a smaller empty container with a spatula and keep the rest of the contents fresh in the fridge. That way I have Nivea handy in my purse, office drawer, vanity, car or wherever else I need it and it's always fresh and sanitary. The little jar that I use for my face I use with a spatula only. I have been loyal to this product for all my life and will continue to do so. A true HG moisturizer for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the little 99 cent tins of this! The smell is wonderful, very nostalgic. It moisturizes very well. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that the cap slips off way to easily, hence 4 lippies. But the good thing is that it can go just about anywhere and it doesn't take up much space.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great day in the morning - this stuff is freaking awesome. Rather than get a big overwhelming tub of it, I purchased several of the small 99 cents (adorable, decorative) tins. Nivea brings their scentless, German product to the USA in easy to carry containers that can be reused once emptied. The Nivea Creme is an all intensive, moderately heavy moisturizer that is best suited for dry skins or anyone facing heavy winter weather. Because it runs a bit thickly, you'll want to apply it in small amounts, but a little goes a long way. More importantly, a little lasts hours - HOURS - with no need to keep reapplying during the day or night.

In addition to the people I mentioned above, this would also be great for skiiers, people who need unfragranced moisturizers due to work or allergy and those with older skins that need additional moisture.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like nivea soft, but not too keen on this one. I don't know what the difference it between the lotion and the cream, maybe its one and the same. But its greasy, like paste as others have said, maybe good as a mask for your face? this is not a moisturizer that will sink into your skin easily. The packaging sucks too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by product_junkie6

This stuff if gross! It's like paste! I was really hoping I'd like this, since there are some good reviews on here. The only nice thing about it (IMO) is the container, which has a pretty snowflake pattern on it (part of a gift set).

I expected this Creme to be...well... creamy? Instead it was like spreading hair styling wax on my skin, and it took forever to sink in. The greasy feeling does go away after a while, but my skin doesn't feel moisturized at all...

I only used it on my body, as I would never put anything this thick on my face. I would never purchase this product for myself. I received this as a gift, so at least I don't have to feel bad about not being able to use it.

EDIT: The texture is much better when the product is warm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked jar of creams because they travel well and I don't worry about leaks. I would have never purchased Nivea Creme if it wasn't for this board. I was finding that my legs were becoming more dry. At night they would itch after I shaved my legs and nothing but hydrocortisone cream would help. Now I use Nivea creme in the blue jar and my legs aren't breaking out in bumps and itchy. Love the consistency. It thick and white, but spread nicely. You can tell it's acting as a moisture barrier as well as moisturiziing. Not greasy. Smells clean but doesn't conflict with my fragrances. Edit: Starting to use on my face, and loving it still.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A perfect hand cream. It's cheap, and handy. I hate the packaging and the fragrence.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by devoureddreams

I really wanted to like this cream, considering all the rave reviews about this product- plus it was really cheap. However, this Nivea Cream did not work for me. It was really thick, and just sits on my face like shiny wax. There was no moisture, and the only thing it gave me was skin irritation. After giving this a try for three days, I knew my cheeks were not happy, and caused me to dry out with redness.
BTW, the packaging is awful. The tin makes it completely unsanitary b/c when I dropped this cream on the flour- with the lid open- it was filled with hair, dirt, and other nasty things I don't want on my face. It would be better if this cream has a pump-lid so the cream will not be easily expose to dirty things.
I hate to give this a one lippie on my first review. Poo