Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM

LOVE to use this in junction with my Retin A. Used when I would get sunburned at the beach as a kid with my grandma. Amazing!

on 7/24/2009 2:59:00 AM

I grew up with the classic blue jar of Nivea in my bathroom. My entire family used it, even the boys.

Now a days, I tend to reserve it's use for around the eyes only since the heavy formula is too rich for my oily skin. My super sensitive eye skin loves this stuff and drinks it right up. It's great for removing leftover eye makeup as well.

Nivea cream also works wonders for angry summer skin. Simply apply a generous amount onto the sunburn and you will feel immediate relief. It's slightly cool feeling at first - and takes it's time sinking in depending on the degree of the burn - but it helps alleviate the tight, burnt skin sensation. It obviously will moisturize the heck out of the burnt skin and it has really helped lessen the amount of peeling I've had with my past sunburns.

on 7/23/2009 12:57:00 PM

Your grandmother probably used this creme, and trust me, she knew what she was doing. They sell it in a tube now in addition to the classic tin, and although it has all kinds of uses, for me, it's the perfect hand cream. Just a dab will provide intense moisture with no greasy feeling and instantly wipe out any dry, rough spots on my hands and cuticles. My mother used to use it on her hands too when I was a child, and the scent still reminds me of her. Even in price-inflated NYC, a tube of this costs me $3.49 at my drugstore. For such a classic, high-quality product, that's a deal if I ever saw one. What more could you want?

on 7/23/2009 1:37:00 AM

THIS IS A CLASSIC. I have used this for many many years. I had to ask my friends from France to bring it to me but it is now available in the US.
It is THICK, a tad greasy, but it's perfect for night application, after a shower. It does what's it's supposed to: hydrate, moisturize, soften, protect. The smell is not overwhelming.
in a pinch, i have used it as a cuticle cream. I generally don't use it on my hands because I find it a bit greasy and I like to read after putting on my night cream.
It comes in all kinds of containers, some that have nice screw on tops, ideal for traveling. They also make mini boxes as travel size or for your purse.

on 7/14/2009 7:42:00 AM

Would I buy this product again (and again and again...)? Heck yes! This is my favorite cream of all time. It's been an inventory in my household since I can remember, always couple of them lying around. I'm a hand cream junkie and I like trying out new stuff; sometimes I even wish I'd try something new and fall in love, just for change sake. I've gone l'occitane, the body shop, vichy, nuxe, neutrogena, dior, avenne.... God knows what, I can't remember all of them... And I ALWAYS come back. Just when I think "wow, this one might work from now on..." Nope, takes me right back to Nivea. Super-thick, super-moisturizing multi-purpose wonder. Besides this, Nivea makes my favorite body lotion, the one in pale-blue bottle. Love it! Nivea <3

PS. I 'm from Europe so this is, I believe a trademark cream, the one every family has, part of household inventory. I have never been in anyone's bathroom not to find this cream on their shelf! Really! I read there's a Mexican version of this cream, and I hope it's just as good as the German one I've been using all my life!

on 7/14/2009 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I first used the Mexico version for my face because I hadn't found the German version yet. I live in the OC and finally found a European market in my area in Huntington Beach i got a tin 150 ml for $9.95 they also have a bigger one for 15 or the 400ml for 20 dollars i stuck with the 150ml since its only for my face. I use the Mexico version for my body its so moisturizing for my eczema /psoriasis skin . I use other face and body moisturizers to but love this stuff to.

on 7/11/2009 1:33:00 PM

Nivea Creme has been around for a long time indeed. It comes in a blue tin or plastic jar. There are a few things you should know about Nivea Creme before you purchase it
*Golden Rule*- Only by Nivea Creme in the tin jar not the plastic one
simply because in my opinion i feel the creme in the tin jar is better quality than in the plastic jar. Some people say there are no differences but for me there is.

Pros
1. Multi purpose moisturiser for face, hands, body, feet etc i use it on my face after i cleanse and tone.
2. Pleasant fresh smell.
3. Will not give you spots or pimples
4. Only a small amount is needed
5. Cheap and comes in all different sizes

Cons
1. Some people may fine it difficult to spread but a tip is to take a small amount warm it between your fingers then pat on to your face and your good to go

I love this rich moisturizing cream!! I don't love the tin it comes in though, comes apart too easily - not good for keeping in your purse. Other than that - it is another great Nivia product!

on 7/3/2009 4:04:00 PM

For 99c and good reviews, I had to try this.

The cream itself is super thick and applying it to the face requires a bit of time. It doesn't absorb as fast since it's so thick but it does leave the skin super soft. When I say soft, I mean SOFT. Great thing is, it also works great for the body. Talk about multi-tasking. It's very impressive. My knees and elbows are now so soft and moisturized.

Only a small amount is enough for the face so I think this will last me a long long time. My only concern is the packaging. I have this in the tin and the cap is not as secure as I'd want it to be especially after thinking of bringing this while I travel (how convenient to have a body and face lotion that's cheap and effective).

I am in love with this product.

on 7/1/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Very moisturizing, very THICK, very amazing! Trust me even if an aligator used this it would have smooth skin.

The only problem is that its kind of greasy if you ask me so use it sparingly