August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cindypretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream works great it leaves your hands so soft & rich they are now selling them at the 99 cents store.. you cant beat that..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by dpenn

This review is for the German version in the metal tin.

This works extremely well for a variety of things. It has a lot going for it - inexpensive, easy to find (here in Canada), and it does what it's supposed to.

I used this mainly for my hands, and it soaks in fairly quickly and leaves them soft for hours. I also use it on my lips when they're really dry, and it works great at that too.

Don't love the scent...would much rather prefer no scent at all, and I realize that it contains no skin-beneficial ingredients other than barriers, but for something simple & cheap, it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkBerrie9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!
It leaves your skin looking and feeling smooth!
I also sometimes put a tiny bit of it on my face in the winter and it always gives me a really nice glow!
This creme is also pretty cheap and there's a ton of it in the container!
I'm really impressed by it and this was my 1st nivea creme ever!
I am looking forward to trying more of their products

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first real moisturizer I started using in my late 20s, but I had to stop. My boyfriend is allergic to it!!! If he comes into contact with the product, even touches my face with his hand, he develops a rash!! It was either the cream or the man, so I chose him. I think I made the right choice as 4 1/2 years later we are getting married and I'm still on a quest for another good HG moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by 3niR

I used to use this product when I was young. But recently whenever I use this product, it breaks me out. I don't know the reason. But I am not going to buy this product anymore (My parents use this and they simply love it).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is wonderful if you have very dry skin! My regular moisturizer can't do the job alone in cold weather and I apply Nivea Creme on the driest areas of my face before I go to sleep. It works like a charm and hasn't made me break out. It's also amazing for dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nivea Creme is such a cult beauty classic. This is the only product that I have been persistently using since I was a child. My mother always kept jars of this around the house and applied it on our knees, elbows, noses and shoulders coming back from play or the beach.
It was originally developed as a cold cream that CAN be used as a facial cleanser and moisturiser, as well as a hand and body cream. Some people claim it cannot be used for the face (I cannot, too rich for my combination skin) but if you have excessively dry skin, you would actually benefit from Nivea.
I only buy the original German formulation in the huge blue tin jar. I just peel off a little corner from the covering foil so as not to contaminate the entire jar. Especially in the cold winter months, this is my bodycare staple. I slather it on my hands, feet and legs. I absolutely love the classic signature fragrance.

Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit(R)), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitranellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Lovex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I saw that you guys love this product, I was like:huh?!
cause EVERYBODY has this in Germany. Actually I don't really like the original version of the Niveacream. Its kind of like a little too tacky for me. I have dry skin and it's still too tacky for me. For elbows and feet it's okay, it just takes a little too much time to set in. After it's set in, it feels very nice. The skin is very soft and stuff, but this cream is nothing special to me.
All in all, it's though a pretty nice product. It's very cheap so it's definitley worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an effective heavy moisturizer for those with dry patches on their face or body. As an eczema sufferer I have tried everything under the sun, and this is no exception. I have the German kind, and tried it on my face when I broke out in eczema and dry patches. It didn't irritate them too much or sting, but I'd imagine on raw skin I would like something with less fragrance and more gentle. It sinks in nicely and leaves my skin feeling moisturized for a long time rather than just a few minutes like other moisturizers. That being said, if your skin is the slightest bit oily I don't recommend this. It is not easy to spread and is quite thick, good for night time use or on the body , unless your skin is exceptionally dry. Love the scent, love the price, and it reminds me of my childhood and yes, my grandmother still uses this also. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

I like this creme for several reasons, the most obvious being that it is very inexpensive. Second, it provides great moisturization and absorbs nicely into skin. I really like how it goes on thick but it never feels hideously greasy to me when my skin is dry. It is good for sunburns, chapped lips, and dry hands. And yes, I do use this on my face every now and then, but never more than that because it has caused breakouts for me before. But just one night with a bit of this on and my skin will be hydrated by morning, and honestly, I find a breakout easier to handle than dry and flaky skin. I know it has something to do with the two different formulas from Germany and Mexico, because it never broke me out when the German version was avaliable in the United States. I know several Europeans who use this as a face cream to help get through the cold winters there and they are the reason I ever thought to put this on my face. I would suggest buying a few tins should you ever come across the German version. It is different. I do not believe it is because the ingridients are different, because they are listed the same on both tins, its just that one is in German and the other English. I believe its the quality of certain ingridients. ****Also, I think that there may be a misconception that this is marketed as a face moisturizer in the United States. I know many people who use this on their faces, but it is not advertised for faces. I have never seen it stocked next to facial care products, it has always been in the lotion section.