April 18, 2014 | 1607 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't purchased a CoverGirl product since I was a teenager but this one had such high reviews I figured I'd give it a shot. I honestly have to say I gave this product 2 months to see if I'd fall in love with it some day but no such luck.

The formula is too runny for my liking and the coverage isn't great. When I tried to layer it for a little more coverage, my face I was a cakey mess. The staying power isn't great either and didn't last me all day (like my Revlon Colourstay and Revlon 25 hour does) - when I wiped it off at night there is barely anything to wipe off. I was also very oily halfway through the day especially on my forehead. I am not sure why but I don't find that Stay Fabulous is a great base for blush and bronzer....every product I put on my cheeks (even pink blush) looks orange! And the worst thing about this product...oxidizing! It looks ok when I first apply it but just give it less than an hour and my face looks orange even with no bronzer. I pump this on my hand when applying and sometimes I forget to wipe it off leaving my hand in an orange mess too! I know this doesn't happen to everyone and a recommended fix is to get a lighter shade but I am already the lightest shade there is so I can't purchase anything lighter. The 3 in 1 doesn't really win me over either - I find better results using a separate primer (I don't mind the extra step) and I don't find the coverage good enough for concealer. I always use a concealer for blemishes and dark under eye circles so I'm not really saving any steps by using this foundation.

There are a few good things which is why I gave it 3 lipsticks (and I think I'm being pretty generous). It does blend pretty well with fingers, sponge and flat top brush. Another great thing is the bottle with the pump - makes application a breeze and it keeps me from wasting the product (I know I only need 1 pump for my whole face). Its pretty cheap at under $10 CAN per bottle!

Overall, I was disappointed with this product. I really wanted to love it but unfortunately I don't. I'll try to use this up (because I hate wasting foundation) but I will be sticking with my holy grail foundations and will not be repurchasing this product. Sorry CoverGirl!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE 2:
Ok, so this actually does break me out... Still might use for special occasions, but taking off a lippie for that. 3/5
**************
UPDATE:
Ok, so maybe I spoke to soon. On initial application, this stuff is INSANELY matte, which is fine for those who like that kind of finish, however, I do not. But I realized that about an hour later it looks soooo much more natural and satin-y, its gorgeous! I still probably wont use this everyday, because I rather wear my BB creams. But I do enjoy this :) Best application for me is with a damp sponge. 4/5
****************
Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: I got mine for around $10 at Target
COVERAGE: I found this to be light-medium. I tried to build it up to full, but it was just a cakey mess.
FINISH: Super super matte, which isn't really my thing. I do add quite a bit of highlighter. This would NOT work well with dry skin.
TEXTURE: Its smooth and liquidy, it feels almost like silicone to the touch
SPF: 25
LASTING POWER: For me, it was about 8-9 hours. I dont set it with a powder, but I do get slightly oily through out the day in my T-zone
SHADES: I have mine in "825 Buff Beige". The shade did seem to oxidize a little, so be aware of that ladies!
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: I am not exactly sure... Its hard to tell. I will update this when I know for sure if it does or not.
PACKAGING: Gotta love that pump!
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Probably not
FINAL VERDICT: I think I had too high of expectations for this. I was hearing amazing reviews here on MUA and YT. Sadly, this is just too matte and too thick for me :/ I will definitely keep this around for special occasion days, because the lasting power is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Mekkisry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll start this out by saying that I'm generally not a fan of Cover Girl and it's probably been ten years since I used any of their products. I was quite curious about this foundation because of all the positive reviews, and I will admit that I actually expected to be disappointed. Let's just say I don't have a particularly good track record when it comes to foundation, and I dislike wearing it because nothing has been able to tame my oily t-zone.

So, let's talk about this. I decided to go with Classic Ivory, as it seemed to be a good match for my pale skin, and I'm really satisfied with the color. Application was very nice, it blends easily and doesn't feel heavy or greasy. I spent several minutes in front of the mirror admiring how lovely it looked, but I wasn't expecting it to stay that way. Was I wrong? I was wrong. HOURS later it still looked like I'd just applied it, and I didn't even need to touch my blotting papers. Cue the shock and awe! This has never happened to me before! A foundation that doesn't turn me into a greasy mess? Miracles do happen!

Okay, in all seriousness, I absolutely love this. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, the packaging is top-notch, and, most importantly, it stays looking nice without constantly blotting or reapplying powder. It's worth far more than the $10 I paid for it, and I'm so happy I made the purchase. Fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation for about two weeks and had to stop because it turns orange on me by the end of the day. It doesn't "set" as well as Colorstay and doesn't last throughout the day like Colorstay. By late afternoon I'm looking orange-y, splotchy and greasy. However, I love the pump and I love how the foundation goes on and how it looks immediately after application; it just doesn't stay that way.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MorganCymru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this after reading rave reviews. I was excited that maybe I could find a new great base with a pump. I bought it for 8.50 and tried it, but it left my skin dull and matte. It was pretty difficult to blend and I didn't like the way it felt on my skin. I had been using Revlon Whipped and Nearly Naked and I think those are much silkier and natural looking. I think this new Cover Girl base is very similar to Colorstay, the formula does feel a little thinner. If you have really oily skin and really like colorstay but need a foundation in a pump try this, if not I don't recommend. It's just too chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by SteamyCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My biggest fears when I try a new foundation is that the product will oxidize or wear off. My skin is so oily, that within an hour a Matt foundation will look dewy. When I go to take my makeup off at night with a baby wipe, even long wearing foundations such as makeup forever Matt velvet and revlon color stay, would not show up on the cloth. The only foundations that have are Este Lauder double wear light and now cover girl stay fab foundation. MUFE Matt foundation did not stay on me, so this is not a dupe for that in my opinion. This product stays a powder Matt finish, but my oils still show through but doesn't change the finish of the foundation for me... Which Was unheard of for me till now. A little bloting and the oil goes away but my foundation stays. I'm still in the early stage of trying the product out... But my go-to foundation EL DWL may have been outstaged.

Sorry is there is a lot of typos, wrote this on my iPad mini and not use to it yet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

This foundation has broken my ski out like crazyyyyyyyy! I havent had major breakouts for a long long while. And I only break out on my cheeks, and oh my, this made my whole face break out. And the color range sucks for people with light yellow asian skin. Even the "warm" shades were too pink for me.
The only thing I liked about it was the pump and the finish.
If my skin didnt react so badly with this foundation and had the right shade, I would be in love with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am around a MAC NC35- medium, yellow, olive skin tone. Combo-oily skin, prefers medium to full coverage foundation.

I got this in two shades Nude Beige and Medium Beige. Nude Beige is way too light for me- I would say this was around a NC20-25. Medium Beige is a better match. I am a bit nit picky and it is not a 100% perfect match. I wish it was tad more yellow/olive and a smidgen darker. Nothing a bit of bronzer or powder can't fix. This foundation also oxidizes a lot on me. When I first applied Medium Beige it made my skin look really pale but after it sets it looks a lot better.

The texture of this foundation is rather light and blendable for something with medium-full coverage. One pump offers a solid medium coverage. A second or half pump layered on top gives full coverage with out looking too cakey.

The finish is semi-matte and defiantly looks like you have foundation on but not in a bad way. This foundation also last a really long time on my skin- about 10 hours. I did not get much oily break through or any type of crazy flaking or caking through out the day.

The only con about this product is the color selection. It is really hard to figure out what color would work for my skin tone. I wish they would indicate what colors were cool, warm, or neutral and level of shade.

This is one of my favorite drugstore foundation and I would repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by charisma103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great drugstore foundation for those on a budget. I typically gravitate towards HE brands, but I decided to to give some love to this new foundation. I like that this is a broad range of colors, and I was able to find one that matched my extremely fair coloring. The bottle has a pump, which is a bonus when buying a Drugstore foundation. This formulation lasts hours and does not oxidize. I feel that it gives medium to full build able coverage. The finish is semi-matte and I find it applies best with a beauty-blender vs brush. I tend to use this when I have breakouts or redness I want to cover, as I'll use less concealer. Overall good foundation for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

i rarely buy drugstore makeup and i never buy drugstore foundations but a youtuber with the same skin type as mine highly recommended this foundation so i thought i'd give it a try. i have oily combo skin, NC30, yellow based asian skin tone and i got this in warm beige.

pigmentation: medium buildable coverage. finish is a not matte, i would say more satin. definitely not glowy, glowy to me has more shine and dewy. i think it gives excellent coverage, i normally wear a light to med coverage foundation and a concealer for my undereyes. i am fine with just this alone. My common problem spot is redness around my nose, foundation seems to disappear first around that area since I get oily there first. The foundation starts to fade slightly after the 6th hour but still the coverage is pretty good.

quality: it not as dry as my lancome teint idol ultra, it's a tad creamier, which i like because in the winter my cheeks get really dry. however i don't think this foundation will suit dry skins as it may not be moisturizing enough. oily skin suits this best as it helps control oil. i will have to give an update when the weather gets warmer and humidity is at its peak but so far i think the quality is great of oily skin girls in winter climates.

packaging: i really like the packaging, i appreciate the pump applicator. for traveling, although the bottle is glass, i like that it's a slim bottle that doesn't take up so much space.

Cons: its difficult to find the right shade because most of the shades are pink tone. I tried medium beige and find it to be too light with a grayish cast. Creamy beige is still a bit pink tone but closest to my skin color.I know that others it oxides and darkens but on me just slightly so it depends how it will react to everyone's skin type. Make sure you keep your receipt.

i got this at Walmart for less than $10. for the quality of the foundation, glass packaging, the pump, i'd say it is really a good deal, comparable to many high end foundations and would definitely repurchase.