April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about this product and really thought I would like it, but it didn't deliver like I hoped.

I bought it when it first came out when there was a ton of hype about it and hated it. I gave it another chance after a few friends ranted and raved so I bought again, then realized why I hated it

This is not for dry skinned ladies out there. I always moisturize prior to applying foundation. This foundation applied okay at first, but the bad part was when it began to set. My skin would get super caked from this Some areas, like on my cheeks, the foundation clung onto; other areas, like my nose, were still red, even though I put foundation on it. I spent five minutes buffing away the cakeness off my face, until finally I just buffed off the entire foundation.

If you want a cake on your face, then by all means buy this. Again, this might only work for oily girls

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by parisforme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It doesn't melt off my face after a long day, or make my skin oily. It keeps me not only matte all day, but it feels like you're not wearing foundation! This is my new holy grail foundation. I wear it every single day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are a lot of things that Cover Girl got right with this product, namely the package and the formulation. However, even though the shade range does appear to be pretty good between the blue-pump bottles and the Queen range, the lightest end of the spectrum again gets the least options. Unfortunately, even the lightest shade is about 1/2 to 1 whole shade too dark for me. It is heartbreaking to see it in natural light because it really does offer great coverage, and it lasts very well even on my combo skin. I have successfully lightened it with other products, which is why I can still give it four stars. I just wish Revlon and Cover Girl would get with the program and release shades that are true PPP.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO MUCH!!! It makes your skin look so smooth and flawless. It makes my look large pores small as well. It has pretty full coverage so its great for covering acne or acne scarring. It is drying so you will need to moisturize well before applying. This has a very matte finish, not dewy or glowy. I have tried almost every foundation on the market, high and low end and this is by far the best foundation I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynmarieexoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh...my....god first of all let me start off by saying I hardly ever write reviews because quite honestly nothing I've ever tried has been mind blowing enough to take the time to write about. But this is a new story. My skin in beyond oily. Its always always an oil slick. Also extremely acne prone, always breaking out. Almost every foundation I've ever tried has always caused me to breakout or just never allowed my acne to heal. But this....this is amazing. It keeps my skin matte for 10+ hours. and that is crazy. I mean matte matte as in no need to blot, not even a little bit of shine around my nose. This foundation makes it seem like i dont even have oil glands. Its an amazing thing. Im not kidding when I say i applied this foundation at 7:30 am and went through my day even RODE MY BIKE for 2 hours outside on a warm day and not a bit of oil!!! the foundation did not even budge AT ALL. The coverage is medium-full. shade selection is very nice for drugstore. YOU MUST TRY THIS especially if you have oily, acne-prone skin!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't purchased a CoverGirl product since I was a teenager but this one had such high reviews I figured I'd give it a shot. I honestly have to say I gave this product 2 months to see if I'd fall in love with it some day but no such luck.

The formula is too runny for my liking and the coverage isn't great. When I tried to layer it for a little more coverage, my face I was a cakey mess. The staying power isn't great either and didn't last me all day (like my Revlon Colourstay and Revlon 25 hour does) - when I wiped it off at night there is barely anything to wipe off. I was also very oily halfway through the day especially on my forehead. I am not sure why but I don't find that Stay Fabulous is a great base for blush and bronzer....every product I put on my cheeks (even pink blush) looks orange! And the worst thing about this product...oxidizing! It looks ok when I first apply it but just give it less than an hour and my face looks orange even with no bronzer. I pump this on my hand when applying and sometimes I forget to wipe it off leaving my hand in an orange mess too! I know this doesn't happen to everyone and a recommended fix is to get a lighter shade but I am already the lightest shade there is so I can't purchase anything lighter. The 3 in 1 doesn't really win me over either - I find better results using a separate primer (I don't mind the extra step) and I don't find the coverage good enough for concealer. I always use a concealer for blemishes and dark under eye circles so I'm not really saving any steps by using this foundation.

There are a few good things which is why I gave it 3 lipsticks (and I think I'm being pretty generous). It does blend pretty well with fingers, sponge and flat top brush. Another great thing is the bottle with the pump - makes application a breeze and it keeps me from wasting the product (I know I only need 1 pump for my whole face). Its pretty cheap at under $10 CAN per bottle!

Overall, I was disappointed with this product. I really wanted to love it but unfortunately I don't. I'll try to use this up (because I hate wasting foundation) but I will be sticking with my holy grail foundations and will not be repurchasing this product. Sorry CoverGirl!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE 2:
Ok, so this actually does break me out... Still might use for special occasions, but taking off a lippie for that. 3/5
**************
UPDATE:
Ok, so maybe I spoke to soon. On initial application, this stuff is INSANELY matte, which is fine for those who like that kind of finish, however, I do not. But I realized that about an hour later it looks soooo much more natural and satin-y, its gorgeous! I still probably wont use this everyday, because I rather wear my BB creams. But I do enjoy this :) Best application for me is with a damp sponge. 4/5
****************
Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: I got mine for around $10 at Target
COVERAGE: I found this to be light-medium. I tried to build it up to full, but it was just a cakey mess.
FINISH: Super super matte, which isn't really my thing. I do add quite a bit of highlighter. This would NOT work well with dry skin.
TEXTURE: Its smooth and liquidy, it feels almost like silicone to the touch
SPF: 25
LASTING POWER: For me, it was about 8-9 hours. I dont set it with a powder, but I do get slightly oily through out the day in my T-zone
SHADES: I have mine in "825 Buff Beige". The shade did seem to oxidize a little, so be aware of that ladies!
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: I am not exactly sure... Its hard to tell. I will update this when I know for sure if it does or not.
PACKAGING: Gotta love that pump!
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Probably not
FINAL VERDICT: I think I had too high of expectations for this. I was hearing amazing reviews here on MUA and YT. Sadly, this is just too matte and too thick for me :/ I will definitely keep this around for special occasion days, because the lasting power is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Mekkisry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll start this out by saying that I'm generally not a fan of Cover Girl and it's probably been ten years since I used any of their products. I was quite curious about this foundation because of all the positive reviews, and I will admit that I actually expected to be disappointed. Let's just say I don't have a particularly good track record when it comes to foundation, and I dislike wearing it because nothing has been able to tame my oily t-zone.

So, let's talk about this. I decided to go with Classic Ivory, as it seemed to be a good match for my pale skin, and I'm really satisfied with the color. Application was very nice, it blends easily and doesn't feel heavy or greasy. I spent several minutes in front of the mirror admiring how lovely it looked, but I wasn't expecting it to stay that way. Was I wrong? I was wrong. HOURS later it still looked like I'd just applied it, and I didn't even need to touch my blotting papers. Cue the shock and awe! This has never happened to me before! A foundation that doesn't turn me into a greasy mess? Miracles do happen!

Okay, in all seriousness, I absolutely love this. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, the packaging is top-notch, and, most importantly, it stays looking nice without constantly blotting or reapplying powder. It's worth far more than the $10 I paid for it, and I'm so happy I made the purchase. Fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation for about two weeks and had to stop because it turns orange on me by the end of the day. It doesn't "set" as well as Colorstay and doesn't last throughout the day like Colorstay. By late afternoon I'm looking orange-y, splotchy and greasy. However, I love the pump and I love how the foundation goes on and how it looks immediately after application; it just doesn't stay that way.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MorganCymru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this after reading rave reviews. I was excited that maybe I could find a new great base with a pump. I bought it for 8.50 and tried it, but it left my skin dull and matte. It was pretty difficult to blend and I didn't like the way it felt on my skin. I had been using Revlon Whipped and Nearly Naked and I think those are much silkier and natural looking. I think this new Cover Girl base is very similar to Colorstay, the formula does feel a little thinner. If you have really oily skin and really like colorstay but need a foundation in a pump try this, if not I don't recommend. It's just too chalky.